Old 11-28-2016, 09:30 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  
Steely

Dear starstarstar, I know how you feel.

Just wrote a long post to you explaining why I have decided to stay.

The anonymity of SR is allowing me to be honest with myself, and who I am. I'm not here to have someone describe the evils of alcohol to me, and why I shouldn't drink, nor give my AV a name. My AV is steely. I want to find MYSELF.

I am going through a very tough psycological time at the moment, not least of which are the feelings I am experiencing about my mother dying (?) and the guilt of finally being permitted to be myself. Liberation guilt. Love ya Ma. True.

I am experiencing an emergence of self which is very frightening, and desperately want to see it/me develop. Not knowing how to maintain this sense, and not lapse back into torpor is not easy.

SR gives me the opportunity to develop myself in anonymity.

I don't come here to be told the evils of alcohol and why I shouldn't drink, nor give my AV a name. My AV is steely. I come here to express my self honestly, and learn about who I am. The anonymity of SR allows for me to do this if I have the courage.

Once that real sense of self kicks in, alcohol doesn't stand a chance, because I'll like myself, and who in their right mind would even consider using alcohol in the way that I did if good esteem were in place? No one.

Whatever you decide, I hope you drop in from time to time with all your own projects and doings, and that as a Class we can really get to know ourselves,and each other, as individuals. I reckon that's what it's all about.