# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of November 2016 Support Thread Part 4

last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-3-a-20.html

D
Old 11-26-2016, 04:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Morning everyone, day 12! One of my daughters birthday today. She is turning 13! So going out for breakfast and then no doubt will go out to hopefully finish the Christmas shopping! I'll believe that when it happens as I am normally still running around trying to find things at the last minute!!!
Wishing my online family a great day and big hugs to all. Xx
Old 11-26-2016, 04:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oooh! Look at me at the top of the thread!

Welcome Plenny and good day to all you Nobenders!

I got up today all set to go on a grocery run before work then realized I need to be to work three hours earlier than usual. I'm glad I figured that out before going out and about. Last night I cleaned out my refrigerator (which is now about empty because all it was holding was beer). It felt like a good accomplishment to get that cleaned and washed out. I'm looking forward to a healthy diet once again.

Beginning my Day 4 with a positive attitude and take on the world.

Sorry for all my babbling but besides talking to myself, this is the only place I can share these wacky things I do. Thanks for listening and have a great day!
Old 11-26-2016, 04:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on Day 12 Kimmy!!

to your Daughter!
Old 11-26-2016, 04:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Love your avatar cat
Old 11-26-2016, 05:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Cat, Thanks for the birthday wishes and congratulations on day 4. Well done. Isn't it great the way not drinking can change your attitude from negative to positive. Have a wonderful day. Xx
Old 11-26-2016, 05:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hello November! My check ins haven't been good and I drank yesterday. I wanted to say hello and get back on the horse!
Old 11-26-2016, 07:10 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Novemberists, I'm a long time lurker on the site and have finally joined up. I'm on Day 1. Feeling dreadful. I made a complete fool of myself in my last binge and need to stop. Here goes!
Old 11-26-2016, 07:23 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Good Morning Nobenders!
Hello Applecat and LostBee! Journeys always start with a forward step, so we are so very glad you will be joining us!
Cat1961- congrats on the top of the thread! lol,,, and the fridge and kitchen are on my list for Monday to keep Bishop the B*otch AV away.
this is the only place I can share these wacky things I do- I second that and also beg forgiveness for my ramblings, this is also my only place of alcoholic confessions and venting.
Day 11 for me and on my Friday at work. My second Friday that I will not be stopping at the store on my way home to stock up for tomorrow.
Stay strong and happy today everyone, will check in later,
Old 11-26-2016, 08:27 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good day, Nobenders, It feels sooo good to have somewhere to go when the cravings and self-doubts harass me. 10 days today without a drink. Each day is a challenge, but I know if I stick with the program and stay away from the first drink or whatever leads to it, I'll be ok. Thanks to each and everyone on this thread.
Old 11-26-2016, 08:39 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

On my 7th day

Good morning everyone

Kimmy, happy birthday to your daughter. My oldest recently turned 14. He is almost as big as me, which blows my mind. He has that "teenage angst" thing down to a pat

I got to sleep in until 10:30 this morning! My daughter is like me and loves to sleep in. I'm glad I got the extra sleep but I have a lot to do around the house and I feel like I should've gotten an earlier start. I invited my daughter's friend and her mom over for a play date. They will be here at 2.
There's a good chance the mom, who is my friend, will suggest getting beer or wine. I can almost be sure of it. I will tell her of my decision not to drink. Last time I drank with her was on Halloween. We got so drunk we TP'd(toilet papered) the lumber yard. I also fell on my face. She thought it was funny after the fact, that we did that, but she is in her late 20's and I am 35. I don't think I actually did any of the TPing (THAT'S how drunk I was. I don't even recall) but I felt humiliated, even though no one knew but us.
Just one of the many memories I have to remind myself that I am making the right decision.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 11-26-2016, 09:00 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Ladyshipwreck, what you described about your husband is pretty much where I am now. I told him last night that, although I hate the word "alcoholic" as it sounds so final, I have a real problem and that I absolutely need to avoid alcohol today and for all days in the foreseeable future. He says he wants to support me but I did deny how much I drank the other day, etc. He doesn't know about AV yet and I'm not sure I want to tell him. Gah! At least I talked to him about it.

In addition to this, I was tempted by an open bottle of wine and I ended up dumping it in the sink. Those two things made yesterday a good day.
Old 11-26-2016, 09:48 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi all, I think I better join this crew. I'm on Day 1. Fed up with myself after my recent bender. I embarrassed myself terribly. I can't live like this. I hate myself
Old 11-26-2016, 10:07 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Day 1. Again.

Well here I am on Day 1 once again. It's been a long while since I've poured out two bottles of rum but I did this morning. Drinking every other day is not where I pictured myself at the age of 37. I've been to Dr's, a stint in rehab, meetings....etc. I just can't seem to cut it. I can't get to the root. I have a great job and everything to live for but for some reason I feel I have to drink to excess out of boredom. Anyway...gotta give this a shot. I was contemplating going to an AA meeting later but I could never wrap my head around AA. Read that book several times, had a sponsor...commitments...etc. Just never worked for me....made me want to drink more listening to the stories. Well wish me luck

Last edited by AceinNj; 11-26-2016 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 11-26-2016, 10:09 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sadsadgirl View Post
Hi all, I think I better join this crew. I'm on Day 1. Fed up with myself after my recent bender. I embarrassed myself terribly. I can't live like this. I hate myself
There have been plenty of times where I've felt like that. Let it pass. Good luck.
Old 11-26-2016, 10:43 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hey guys, I gave in to the bratty AV on Thanksgiving and I drank. Stupid, I know. Just want to be honest....I need to get back up and dust myself off!
Old 11-26-2016, 01:12 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I have thrown countless of bottles of wine down the drain - just to go buy some more when the craving kicked in. Tonight I romanticised wine as we drove through the Cape winelands and felt cheated that I cannot control my drinking like most other people. Applekat, Kimmy, PhoenixJ, badgerden, sadsadgirl, aceinnj, purplrks, here's a and
Old 11-26-2016, 01:31 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Happy Saturday, everyone. I'm spending my sober afternoon by eating expensive cheeses and watching figure skating. Yeah, I'm a man that loves figure skating. And proud of it!

I hope you all are well. Day 26.
Old 11-26-2016, 01:50 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Still on deck at Day 27 and back to the old house for more packing. I will be so glad when it's all over, it's been so tiring, and Mum's so muddled. Might give her a few tips

Congratulations to all who have made another day, and for those who have picked up, it's just back on the horse with the knowledge that you are understood and fully supported. We've all been there, wouldn't be here otherwise. Man, I've done it so many disastrous times. We learn.

See a lot of new classmates and welcome to you all

Me, still sober but anxiety and depression still haunt. It is really good for me to know that if I were to drink again I'd probably neck myself. I just could not take it another time.

Don't feel deprived, just trepidatious about rebuilding my life and accepting my past. Onwards.

Have a great day fellow travellers.
Old 11-26-2016, 01:52 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Figure skating is unreal tnek. I love it too.