Notices

Class of November 2016 Support Thread Part 4

Old 11-27-2016, 08:39 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Quick check in. Congrats to everyone regardless of your days! I love reading all the positive and up beat posts, gives my power over the AV a big boost! Lots of chores around the house today for hubby and I today. Already downed a big glass of lemon water and heading for another.

Happy Day Nobenders, and remember You are worth the struggle!

Badge
Old 11-27-2016, 08:52 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Well I ran a few errands and did a few things around the house, had a craving but since it was lunch time I had a sandwich - last of the Thanksgiving Turkey! Craving has gone away but this is going to be a battle. It's odd because a month ago when I broke my foot I literally didn't drink for a week, then moved into my new place and blew all that time. This will be an uphill battle but I'm going to do it. I have to.
Old 11-27-2016, 09:00 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Good morning. I've been awake for a while. I did some more self care today. Coconut oil in my hair, made coffee and a very large breakfast from leftovers. I just read through some of your posts. I may not have a lot to say for a while. I'm going to try to have some studio time, art is really what keeps my sense of identity together and productivity helps me assign myself value. And drinking lessens my productivity........

I texted my boyfriend in the middle of the night. I love him very much but I still feel the need to be alone for a bit. I suppose I am trying to take a break but without using the word "break." I don't think I want to spend a lot of time together for a bit still....

Our last bender was destructive and I don't want that kind of relationship. It's now up to him to try to clear his head and manage his behavior, and it's up to me to clear my head and take care of myself. Best case scenario we learn together and support each other, becoming better and more productive together. Worst case, we have to become better people independently. We are both working very hard to become better versions of ourselves. I do not believe he will give up on himself. Wether we can make 'us' work or not.
Old 11-27-2016, 10:26 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Going into day 3

I relate to so many of these postings. I just completed day 2. This is my first real attempt at detoxing and it's supervised. I have a week off of work and my wife, who is a healthcare professional, is home with me for the duration checking vital signs, neuro checks, food, vitamins, a ton of water, etc. My symptoms haven't been horrible. The biggest issue I've faced is very mild tremor in hands that comes and goes, and a feeling of fuzziness in my head. I am 37 and would drink whiskey at night to check out of my job. I have a wonderful life, but like so many, stayed at the "party" way too late. I am looking forward to supporting, learning and caring with you all.

When did anyone start feeling semi normal again? I have been in bed since Friday. Just taking it easy and keeping my mind occupied. I'll be happy when my head is less foggy and anxiety is less (and it's not really bad at all).
Old 11-27-2016, 12:45 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

28 Days - sounds like a good name for a movie.

We got more than a Class going on here, we got an entire campus. My congratulations to all.

Will just be checking in for accountability at the moment as so very tired, and seriously not up to it.

I'm happy for you for getting through the funeral without drinking Blackbird, that's not easy. Go you, being the designated sober driver

Hey Mira, last New Year I spotted a full bottle of scotch on the footpath and thought about nabbing it, but a poor old bloke spotted it too, and our eyes met. I gave him the nod and walked on by. Now that's what I call sacrifice haha

Have a great day everyone.
Old 11-27-2016, 12:54 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Oh! Ventured out into other areas of this site. Back to my bed!
Old 11-27-2016, 01:04 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Ok. Somewhat productive day. Going to do some yoga and meditation now to try to warm up and focus before the night shift. Hope you are all having good and sober days
Old 11-27-2016, 01:36 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Day 5 today. Thanks everyone for all of the great posts here. This place is helping to keep me sober and sane. SR has been a huge help to me this week (especially with the Thanksgiving holiday).
Old 11-27-2016, 02:10 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Going into day 3. Feeling a little better. Most of my symptoms have been just feeling full in the head and light anxiety.
Old 11-27-2016, 02:12 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Going into day 3. Feeling a little better. Most of my symptoms have been just feeling full in the head and light anxiety. SR has been such a blessing to me. It has helped take my mind of things and has actually really kept me focused when I feel clouded.

Looking forward to improvement every day!
Old 11-27-2016, 02:42 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Koala, Eddy and NatVT

No matter what your story you'll find understanding and support here

D
Old 11-27-2016, 02:45 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
welcome Koala, Eddy and NatVT

No matter what your story you'll find understanding and support here

D
It's so refreshing to have found such a wonderful community!
Old 11-27-2016, 04:52 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

19th day

Made it through another day without my AV partner Witchella. Such a mean little girl almost gave into her yesterday at a party. Really scared me how convincing she is. But, held true to my sobriety. Please stay true to your walk to sobriety everyone. Peace 😘
Old 11-27-2016, 05:19 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Well made it 48 hrs. Head a little twirly but I'll be going into day three with a good night sleep...good night from New Jersey.
Old 11-27-2016, 06:00 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

This sleeplessness is not so nice for me. Got zero hours the first night and one broken hour where I kept swimming in and out of sleep so far tonight. Didn't mind the first night - thought tonight would be a sure runner though. Especially with work in four hours. Sigh!
Old 11-27-2016, 06:29 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MellowHeather View Post
This sleeplessness is not so nice for me. Got zero hours the first night and one broken hour where I kept swimming in and out of sleep so far tonight. Didn't mind the first night - thought tonight would be a sure runner though. Especially with work in four hours. Sigh!
I was the same. It took about 4 or 5 nights to start to sleep regularly. I definitely recommend any kind of relaxation tea. I drink two cups at night (Sleepytime Tea), and it helps to get me in the sleeping mood. Reading in bed helps me too, though nothing exciting. I have a book on the history of map making...that will put you to sleep!

Good luck, and trust that sleep will come eventually.
Old 11-27-2016, 06:44 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tnek97 View Post

I feel you. For me, it was always a Friday that would be my biggest test. I'd made it through the workweek sober, I felt better, and it was Friday! Time to drink!!

What helped (and granted, I'm only 4 weeks in) that first Friday, was to make a plan for Saturday morning that I truly wanted to enjoy. I always used to visit a local state park, and loved it there. So I planned to wake up early, and make the hour drive so that I was there when it opened, and could hike in relative solitude. By planning it out like an adventure, I was looking forward to it. And yes, come Thursday afternoon, and Friday morning, the AV was talking again. But I thought about my adventure, and how there would be no way I could do it if I drank, about how miserable I would be in the morning, how disappointed I would be in myself if I missed this, and also how wonderful it was going to be sober!

So I held on to that idea. Made it through the day, and through the night. Made it to the state park 5 minutes after the gates opened on Saturday morning, and enjoyed some of the most wonderfully sober moments in a long time.

So, my advice, make a plan for Thursday morning that you find positive. That you know drinking would ruin.
<3 this! What a wonderful plan!
Old 11-27-2016, 06:46 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MellowHeather View Post
Just to sort of summarise something I posted in another thread which helped me a lot and hopefully may help some of you guys.

So, yesterday was my first full day and night sober in years. I went to some AA meetings in the evening and then sat at home battling that "go ahead and drink fight" that I had always given into just to shut it up. I was so miserable and considering just giving in.

I was looking at a small tiny little "Just for today" pamphlet thing that I'd got in AA. Out of desperation. There was a quote:

"Just for Today I will be happy. Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be".

I read that and figured - FFS. I am sitting here doing EXACTLY what I desperately prayed for and EXACTLY what I thought that I couldn't do. I should be over the fecking moon!! And that was the end of the internal argument for the night - and I actually did feel happy!

Ok - that was a pretty long summary but it put things into perspective a bit for me.
Awesome heather!
Old 11-27-2016, 06:50 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Koala777 View Post
I'm new in here and I can't believe I've decided to register.
Day 2 in progress, I'm scared to death and I don't even know if I'll make it.
Reading your posts helps me a lot.
See you tomorrow, wish me good luck.
Welcome and if I can do it you can do it,
Old 11-27-2016, 06:53 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

I'm pretty sure that is a name of a movie steely. Sandra Bullock and recovery and whatnot! Lol