Notices

Class of March 2016 part 32

Old 09-16-2016, 04:46 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Night all!! Have a happy, sober Friday night!!
Old 09-16-2016, 05:26 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Good night Sam ~ I should probably try and get some sleep as well.

Funny, sometimes I get overwhelmed but in a good way, thinking of everything I would like to do, and the answer is so simple....I can get so many things done with my life if I just don't drink. Just don't drink, I keep telling myself. Sounds so easy! I make things so damn difficult for myself, and this is no one's fault other than my own. The only thing holding me back is me! (I guess you're right, Phoenix...there I go beating myself up again! Lol)
Old 09-16-2016, 05:43 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Casey, congrats on the 188 days and the move. I understand the posting from the phone thing. I've been PC-less for about a month now. It really makes posting here inconvenient.

Kiki congrats on being back at the 2 week mark!! That's great.

Keets, good to see you too!

Everyone else, Bobbie, Sam, Purpl, AK, Fred, Phoenix, et al. I have been missing you!

I had a big relapse myself on Monday. Not sure how I made it to work on Tuesday ☹️

I am just having massive life events happening all at once. Some are the best things you can imagine, and some are the absolute worst. One of my good friends from college passed away - he was 57. My repertoire of coping skills just ran out. The drinking didn't really help, of course, and I am back being sober - but that was a crappy few days all the way around.

Have a good sober weekend everyone!
Old 09-16-2016, 07:03 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Missed you MITA!! I hear ya. Sorry for the tough stuff that's happened. Glad you're here.
Old 09-16-2016, 09:36 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

There is a documentary on U-tube. 'Ch 5 My name is.....and I am an alcoholic'.
I found it to be worth a look. P.
Old 09-17-2016, 05:26 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

MITA - so happy to see you here. I am sorry to hear about your friend 57 is so young!! Losing people is hard - thinking of you...
Old 09-17-2016, 06:01 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

good morning all! I'm headed out of town for soccer. Have a great sober day everyone. Love you all!
Old 09-17-2016, 08:37 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Good morning Marchers. 27 weeks sober today for me! Been on the road for a couple of hours. I still have about four hours to go but I'm stopping for a bit in the city I was born in to visit my two remaining grandmothers and then have lunch with my best friend. Wishing everyone a safe and sober Saturday!
Old 09-17-2016, 09:22 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Hey all!

I think we are tackling the garage today. Ugh.

Casey- what a sweet grandson you are.

MITA- good to see you. I'm so sorry about your friend.

Applekat- good morning, er uh, afternoon for you. Have a great day!

Samantha - take it easy. You are one of the hardest working people I know.

Kiki- bring home the wins!

Phoenix- hope you've had a pleasant day.

Purple- rock the Saturday sober! You can do it!

Have a great day all!
Old 09-17-2016, 10:16 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Checking in. It's lunchtime which means I am half way through my day and tomorrow is a day off!! Woot!! Hoping to sneak out around three....fingers crossed!!
Old 09-17-2016, 10:26 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

have a great sober Saturday everyone
Old 09-17-2016, 11:17 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fred59 View Post
have a great sober Saturday everyone
You also. Did your team win last night?
Old 09-17-2016, 11:22 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

OMG, I have running water...And an operational fridge! I feel like I've been camping for three weeks.

MITA, I'm so sorry about your friend. That must be very hard.

Casey, safe travels and how sweet you still have grandparents in your life. I really miss mine (they all passed away) and not a day goes by I don't think of one of them.

Purple..."I just don't drink" ~ the word "just" is kind of key, isn't it? It isn't a just for us. To normies, yes it's easy to say I just don't drink. It's harder for us not to drink. Can we minimize it in our mind and say it isn't a big deal? I can't. I want to. But I'm not there yet. So...it sounds so easy, but I understand why you feel it really isn't. A long way of saying that I respect those who have quit or are in process of quitting. It's really difficult, but good, good work.

Kiki, hope the soccer goes well and everyone has fun.

Bobbie, cleaning the garage scares me. Hope it's bug free!

Everyone else ~ stay strong. You are all in my thoughts.

It's Saturday morning here and I'm off to find my coffee maker in a box somewhere. I need some caffeine.

Have a lovely day everyone!
Old 09-17-2016, 11:33 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Lillian- Congratulations on your kitchen! How fun! (Now that it's over). Must feel like moving.
Old 09-17-2016, 01:03 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Hey guys! A sober Saturday here, thanks to all of you! Feeling kinda sleepy so I may doze off for a little bit.
Old 09-17-2016, 01:04 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Sending hugs, MITA! So sorry to hear about your friend Glad you are back in class! We missed you!
Old 09-17-2016, 01:07 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear about your friend, MITA. That's a gut punch to say the least.

Thank you for the documentary info PJ. I watched it and...I'm still as I am. But I learned more and that's what I have to keep doing. Your insights have been very helpful.

I don't have much to offer beyond this today as I'm preoccupied, but thank you all for being here.

OK, a little more. It's been said that I'm growing since I've been posting, and I think that's accurate. I just hate the slow path. Nevertheless, I'm committed to keep at it. I may face plant again and again but I'm not giving up. Adversity is my friend because F you adversity. I can do this even if it's taking me an inordinate amount of time. The more I stumble the more it reinforces my desire to be more than what I am now. I guess that's what sobriety and the future means to me - to be more whole, more there, more me, the me I don’t know anymore. It’s a task that has screwed with my head to a degree for which I wasn’t prepared. That’s probably what’s taking me so long to get it. Ramble over, but perhaps more to follow, thanks again for being here.
Old 09-17-2016, 01:28 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Hello everyone what a beautiful day to be clean and sober. I think my eye problems where a blessing in disguise I actually have time to work on my sobriety now. been in five meeting's in the last two and a half days going to meeting number six tonight.. I wish I would have given AA a better shot earlier. I now have friends who can relate to what I'm going trough. This morning I got a phone call from somebody from the meetings who said get up we got things to do. I was in a brand new group this morning they're celebrating their 30th year today. I was in there at 9:30 this morning scrubbing toilets mopping floors and making new friends.
Old 09-17-2016, 01:29 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Helping other people to help yourself I think that's what it's all about. I've got to stop living in my head because when I do that I'm Behind Enemy Lines
Old 09-17-2016, 01:29 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

13th- thanks for sharing. You say words which ring true. I have an excellent ability to be able to listen to feedback from others, deconstruct it and come to a logical decision the feedback is accurate. A careful, reasoned approach. Funny I never actually feel good about this feedback. Emotionally challenged and being careful my pursuit for happiness isn't found at the bottom of every bottle. Like you my journey seems to be like a bee constantly banging its head on the inside of a window trying to find a way out.
The more head bangs I do, the more determined I am to either crack the glass or find a hole. Then (at times, it seems my stupid) higher power cuts in with that niggling, oh so ever patient voice that says quietly 'the door to outside is open'. So I deconstruct that, rebel because the HP is right and under protest- go through the door. Then I get annoyed at myself for getting annoyed. The journey is miserably slow for me too. BUT I find companions to walk some of the road with me along the way.