Notices

Class of March 2016 part 32

Old 09-19-2016, 05:24 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  

So sorry to hear Mish. But it's good that you see the drinking for what it is, not a solution. I hope it all works out.

Thank you all for your support and encouragement. I really want to prove worthy of it and be a proud sober member of this class. It's a new week and another start for me.
Old 09-19-2016, 05:30 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Hi guys, remember me??

Still trying, no traction.

Got the Big Book again. I remember reading it in a hospital parking lot, in my Porsche--in the 1980's. Such a mess, long story.

Trying SMART--obvious stuff but good.

I'm on clear liquids for my colonoscopy tomorrow. I guess vodka qualifies, lol.

Love you all. Do not give up.
Old 09-19-2016, 05:33 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
Sam, I've never had stuffed peppers. What are they stuffed with?
I'm having a hard time accepting this Kiki. Stuffed peppers are incredible, unless one doesn't like peppers. Beef and rice are the primary ingredients. Some add cheese and tomato sauce, some don't, but they're one of my favorites regardless. Here's what Betty F Crocker says: Stuffed Peppers recipe from Betty Crocker
Old 09-19-2016, 05:34 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Good to see you Pelagic. Hopefully this time will stick, for both of us. Never give up!
Old 09-19-2016, 06:03 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Pelagic- an open sea indeed. Hope your stuff goes ok. Keep posting. P
Old 09-19-2016, 06:17 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Hi Pelagic!! Great to see you! Hugs.

Thirteenth I love seeing you post. You will get this, I know it. And I'm with you on the stuffed peppers. Say what!? Lol.

Good morning everyone, Phoenix, Kiki, Sam.
Old 09-19-2016, 06:27 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Stuffed peppers- preferably red. Garlic, minced pork, garlic, rice, garlic, onions, garlic, paprika (hot- lots), pepper, garlic. Make a rich sauce from garlic, meat, peppers, onion, garlic. PLUS mashed potato- with butter, garlic, chives, garlic and garlic. Serve with subzero coke. Then a double shot latte with 3 sugars and a short black.
Old 09-19-2016, 07:03 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  

That sounds awesome, Phoenix. I've prepared them 13th's way. I hope your day is going well.

Hey 13. Worthy. Nothing to prove here. Only one you're trying to show you are worthy is you. We already know you're awesome.

Pelagic-Hey! That colonoscopy prep sucks! I'm pretty sure vodka does not qualify and I am also pretty sure that would make you very miserable. Just saying.

Mish - Welcome back. Men suck. (no offense guys). Hugs to you.

Samantha- Well good morning. Hope you had a great birthday yesterday. Enjoy this day as well.

Applekat - Don't you just want to bang their little heads together sometimes and say, "stop it!" It gets better. I promise.

Kiki- hello there. Hope you get to sleep in after the out of town tournament. Those always wore me out.

MITA- how's the house selling going?

Casey-Hope you are enjoying Austin. It definitely is one of my favorite cities.

Purple- Well done. Weekends are tough. Glad you are back to your music. It's pretty much my lifeline as well.

PR- Have a great day! Hope you are getting into the Paleo diet painlessly. I've tried. It is too difficult preparing everyone else's food and maintaining my own diet. Good luck!

Lillian-Is your kitchen put back together yet? Unpacking boxes suck always. Enjoy your day.

Jemma - Hugs to you. We have all been there. I promise, it passes. Glad you came here.

Kayak - Glad you are finding good use to your downtime. Congratulations on your chip!

CH- Hope things aren't too crazy for you. I think my daughter is coming to your area next week for a concert. I'm excited for her to experience Chicago.

Hope everyone has a great day! Don't drink. It's dumb.
Old 09-19-2016, 07:04 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  

The stuffed peppers I make don't have rice but they taste just like sloppy joes!! Yum!!
Old 09-19-2016, 07:11 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Hi Pelagic!! Glad to see you back! Good luck with your procedure...DH had it done not too long ago and the prep was definitely worse than the actual test. Hugs.
Old 09-19-2016, 07:14 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Morning Apple! Hope you have a great day! When does your DH get home?
Old 09-19-2016, 07:16 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Thirteenth - you don't need to prove anything to anyone. This is a tough road and we are all just doing the best we can with what we have at the moment. As for worthiness - we are all worthy...we just have to realize it for ourselves. Love you
Old 09-19-2016, 07:17 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Okay. Huge win in Bobbie's household this weekend. My youngest came home from school. Her birthday is next week. She asked me to come hang out with her for the weekend and go to the football game and tailgate. This is the girl that would not even tell me if she was coming home over the summer because she was so mad at me. This is the girl that asked to move out at the beginning of the summer because she was so mad at me. When she left yesterday it was with a huge hug. I got teary. My husband says our home has done a 180. It has. Things are truly so much better. You guys rock. Thanks for the support and helping my house heal.
Old 09-19-2016, 07:19 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Bobbie - that brought tears to my eyes!! I am so happy for you! You have worked very hard and you deserve it!! Thanks for sharing and for reminding us that healing is possible with time and patience. ❤️❤️
Old 09-19-2016, 07:20 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mish View Post
Hi guys. I'm still here. Been through a bit of a rough patch. Have been drinking occasionally after finding some texts my husband had sent to a female co-worker of his. We're working through it but it's been tough...trust is a difficult thing once it's lost. :-(
(((Mish))) That's so hard! I'm sorry. Hang in there, we love you!
Old 09-19-2016, 07:22 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 View Post
Sending huge hugs, Mish! I was in a similar situation a long time ago.....unfortunately I can't think of any advice because I drank to cope as well! The only thing it helped was to make things worse in the long run. I feel your pain, though...UUGH! Just wanted to check in to class early before getting ready for work....I made it through another sober weekend, thanks to all of you! Hoping to have a smooth workday, hoping to make it back to the gym afterwards, and hoping you are all doing okay! Lots of hope!
Woo hoo! Great job making it through the wknd Purple!!!
Old 09-19-2016, 07:22 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
P47, well done on soberwend. Hope is great- get a small piece of sanity and want a good life. That is what hope is, finding, keeping and continuing to have a good life. Still finding, but the marks on the trail tell me it is not far off. Happy trails everyone! P.
Happy trails to you too Phoenix! Xo
Old 09-19-2016, 07:23 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Morning Sam & Apple!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-19-2016, 07:24 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thirteenth View Post
So sorry to hear Mish. But it's good that you see the drinking for what it is, not a solution. I hope it all works out. Thank you all for your support and encouragement. I really want to prove worthy of it and be a proud sober member of this class. It's a new week and another start for me.
Keep fighting! You will get there!!!
Old 09-19-2016, 07:25 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pelagic263 View Post
Hi guys, remember me?? Still trying, no traction. Got the Big Book again. I remember reading it in a hospital parking lot, in my Porsche--in the 1980's. Such a mess, long story. Trying SMART--obvious stuff but good. I'm on clear liquids for my colonoscopy tomorrow. I guess vodka qualifies, lol. Love you all. Do not give up.
Hi Pelagic, I'm sorry you are struggling. I'm praying for you! Love you! You don't give up either!!!