Notices

Class of March 2016 part 32

Old 09-15-2016, 11:21 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PeacefulRain View Post
Hello all! I keep thinking today is Friday for some reason. Not that it really matters, there is no such thing as sleeping in on the weekends at this house anyway dde22 Apple can relate LOL Casey have a good move. I'd love to go to Austin one day. Have a wonderful sober day!
Hey PR! Hope you're doing well!
Old 09-15-2016, 11:22 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Well gotta jump in the shower! Soccer tonight! Big rival game!!!
Old 09-15-2016, 01:29 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Checking in on my way home from work. This was the first day in quite a while that I considered stopping at the liquor store. I didn't stop and I was able to play the tape forward but big red flag for me...something in my life is obviously out of whack and needing some attention.

Tomorrow is the most challenging day of the year at work - so I will try to stick close and post as often as possible.

Hope everyone is doing well. Lots of love!!
Old 09-15-2016, 01:32 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Hugs, Sam. You are one very strong lady. You can conquer this!

Love you.

Good luck today, kiki!
Old 09-15-2016, 01:33 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PeacefulRain View Post
Hello all! I keep thinking today is Friday for some reason. Not that it really matters, there is no such thing as sleeping in on the weekends at this house anyway 😢 Apple can relate LOL

Casey have a good move. I'd love to go to Austin one day.

Have a wonderful sober day!
I wish it was Friday. Sleeping in or not.

Have a great day!
Old 09-15-2016, 03:04 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Hey fellow Marchers! Checking in before I head out to my next drum lesson. I'll stop back by a little later on; The AV has been kind of quiet today, but I know I can't let my guard down.....
Old 09-15-2016, 05:04 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Oh PR I can definitely relate. A morning is a morning is a morning here. Doesn't matter whether it's Tuesday or Sunday.

I would quite possibly KILL for 8 or even just 6 straight hours of uninterrupted sleep. Even 4.

Working on planning my son's 5th birthday party. Hoping to have it at an event place to AVOID the stressful planning and buying and preparing and cleaning and hosting. And possible drinking.

Also beginning to think of a game plan for my sisters wedding next month. Rehearsal dinner. Wedding day and night. Ugh.

It's hard for ME to keep the one day at a time mantra going when my brain jumps all the time to - stressful party hosting, wedding, thanksgiving, Christmas, anniversaries, vacations.

Deep breath.
Old 09-15-2016, 05:11 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Right there with you, Apple! I'm sure most (if not all) of us can relate. Plus the lack of sleep on top of everything sure doesn't help! Ugh....So glad we all can be here to get through this together!

Back from my lesson ~ hope you're all doing okay....I broke down and got some ice cream and 22 Jump Street is on ~ that Channing Tatum is so nice to look at! I'm sure I'll regret the ice cream but at least I won't be hungover tomorrow
Old 09-15-2016, 05:35 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

"Deep breath" is right.....Anxiety is trying to roll its way over and the "what-ifs" are beginning to set in.....Where the heck did this come from?!?! Ugh, I can be such a pain in my own ass!
Old 09-15-2016, 05:42 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Yeah I'm getting a cup of ice cream and starting season 2 of Nurse Jackie. Not sure about that show yet but I at least have to see how season 2 opens!
Old 09-15-2016, 05:43 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Administrator

hi Kiki - Hi PhoenixJ and hi everyone

ready for the weekend?

D
Old 09-15-2016, 06:22 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Hi, Dee! Yes I look forward to another sober weekend...I know how sneaky that AV can be, so I need to stay close to SR and away from the bar!
Old 09-15-2016, 07:24 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

I just got back from AA. My son went with me. It was a mtg regarding step 9 and it went really well. He's going with me next week. I'm so glad, he's been struggling a lot lately.
Old 09-15-2016, 09:07 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Administrator

you can do it Purplrks

How great is it your son is working on his stuff too, Bobbie?

D
Old 09-15-2016, 09:16 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Hello fellow stamp collectors (?). Interesting days. Some of my stories shared here have gone from simmering to boiling. Social dynamics, interventions, witness statements (informal - no police stuff), chinese whispers etc. The upside is a few positive peoples are rallying support for themselves, our little community and staff. 4 major areas outside- used for BBQ's, smokers, just sitting have been cleaned, washed and rearranged. For my part- cleaned communal kitchen (other people's yuk), cleaning the front reception area inside and out- lots of pet budgie poo. Also cleaning away potted plant dead stuff and watering. Why? Support for others and community property reflects self respect and caring for what we are responsible for. It is, for the moment our home. I believe interesting times for myself (not the cause of- effected by) are for the moment back to simmer. Lovely day here. Lots of flooding around Adelaide last 2 days- quite serious in some parts. In places the storm water run off drainage network is over 100 years old.
Began phase 2 of my masterpiece today. That is transcribing the canvas version onto fabric ready for cutting out and sewing on the burns vest. Arty person admits this project is a challenge. Has a life of it's own now. Staff bought their own supply of fabric which can take acrylic paint in for me, another ordered and collected some fabric art preservative for me. Even to the extent staff are now thinking what sort of scissors I will need to have to cut out the arty fabric bits. So even if I wanted to stop (which I do not) there is certainly motivation there to go on. 12 step in progress. My sponsor declared to me (quite formally) yesterday I have completed my first run of the12 steps- so now time for me to extend step 12 from myself onto others.
So for me it is BEARD UP AND DISCOVER! time.
signing off with an almost smile on tmy organic expressive unit, plus something they (the 'normalies') call being content with the world (until 5 minutes time).
Ooroo, PJ.
Old 09-15-2016, 09:17 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Hi Everyone, <<<waving>>>

Just flew in from my business trip (and boy are my arms tired...as the old joke goes). I'm exhausted....and hungry....and lonely. Not angry at least. Too tired to be angry. I'll be angry tomorrow after some sleep.

And I come home to a construction zone with this kitchen. Whatta mess! But...I'm starting to see the vision. The mess thing really increases my anxiety though.

Enough about me.

Casey, good luck on your adventure. It sounds exciting.

Apple, hang in there. I remember the days of being tired all the time and it was really hard. Maybe someone can spell you so you can take a well-deserved nap!

Sam, I hope your day goes well tomorrow. I will be thinking good thoughts for you.

Bobbie, sounds like your son is making strides with you. That's wonderful!

Purple, Channing Tatum and Ice Cream....Yes Please!

Thirteenth, Happy Thursday to you. There's only 2 hours and 45 minutes left of it here...so I will say Happy Friday to you! TGIF.

To everyone else.....stay healthy and strong. You're worth it.

Onward!
Old 09-15-2016, 09:25 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Phoenix, I enjoy reading your thoughts. Art sounds very therapeutic. Maybe I'll give that a try. Casey mentioned earlier how pretty paper moon art is, and I'm thinking of giving that a whirl. Unfortunately, I overthink everything and don't get very far. Bad perfectionist tendencies, but I think art is so beautiful no matter how it gets put together.

A lesson of life in there, I'm sure.

I need to sleep. Night all,
Lillian
Old 09-16-2016, 12:37 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Good morning! Just a quick fly-by on my way to work. Meditated already and lots of deep breathing. I will not drink today!!
Old 09-16-2016, 03:50 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Morning, day 26. Laying in bed with my littlest little listening to her breathe.

Ok I'm trying to turn this into an adorable, peaceful, reflective moment. But dang girl, what a night! Rolling and crying and eating and sleeping sideways.

Happy Friday y'all. Stay strong and play the tape alllll the way through!!
Old 09-16-2016, 04:40 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a great weekend guys

D