Notices

Class of February 2016 Support Thread Part 4

Old 02-24-2016, 03:02 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cococo View Post
Knb02 - That makes complete sense. Im glad youre here. Stay with us as we all move in to March together!

Safeandsound - EXCELLENT. You are strong for getting straight up back on your horse. I think knb02 was just asking if you live in the UK. What are you doing today?
Coco--I've mostly been writing to prepare for my meeting with the counselor Friday. I want to make sure I tell her everything. I've also been adding to my "triggers" list and my "strategies" list. Will work on gratitude list later. Also I am cleaning! I was so sad when I lost my job (immigration issues, long story), but now I'm grateful to have the free time. Oh--I guess that can be first on my list today.
Old 02-24-2016, 03:04 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Hi Max

Im sorry to hear about that. But thanks for coming in and telling us about it. Please don't continue drinking after the small slip up. And please don't beat yourself up about it. Be a horse with blinkers on. Look forward.

Are you back up on your horse today? Are you going to join us today sober?

Im so sorry I haven't replied to you yet, I typed up a whole big long reply and then damm well vanished....disappeared before I hit send, took me ages to type it up, then I thought "argh I do it again tomorrow (today)". Reading them though I did think something was going on. I was hoping you would pop in here. I was in here. There were many people in here early evening until late evening.
Old 02-24-2016, 03:11 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Thanks Cococo,

Yep, back on that horse. Reply when you feel like it. Its ok, I sometimes lose long posts too. Hate when that happens. Im sorry I drank, now I feel fatter, and will have to work harder to burn those empty calories off. I am glad I came right back though. Sometimes, I just disappear after a slip. Its sad to admit setbacks, slips, whatever you want to call them. But, here I am.
Old 02-24-2016, 03:16 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  

That's great Max

So what are your plans for today? How about a walk outside in the fresh air?

If theres any alcohol around, can you tip it out? Is that something you can do?
Old 02-24-2016, 03:23 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  

So, at lunch, I went to the thrift store and bought 15 books. Cashier laughed at me, says well, the addiction could be worse. You could be sitting in a bar every night. Now how's that for affirmation!!!!

Now, I'm sitting at my desk and bought 6 amazon books, but all of them reference alcoholism. Just reading one now, being sober. You guys should at least read the description of this one and see what you think. It's from a physician at Betty Ford center and talks and the importance of a plan and includes the plan they use at Betty Ford.... Just a suggestion!

Welcome back max! Don't stop trying!
Old 02-24-2016, 03:24 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Safeandsound

Good on you for doing it well in advance as opoosed to rushing it the night before

I really like the sound of your different lists (triggers, strategies, gratitude). Im going to do the same!

Arhhhh cleaning, good old cleaning. Just before I spent 45 minutes (yes you heard that right) cleaning the toilet with an old toothbrush. Great for getting in to every single crevice. I had some minor pangs so off I went cleaning, forgot about the pangs after a few minutes. My toilet it literally sparkling.

Safeandsound and Maximus97

I really want to stay on here and chat with you guys because I really like chatting with you two, but I really have to go.

I have so much laundry to do its not funny. Ive been getting clothes, undies, socks etc from a massive pile off the couch for months.....been drinking and too tired, unmotivated and depressed the next day to fold and put away, and iron anything that's needs ironing (do that tonight though, use that as a distraction)

Although I did organise the clothes already in my dressing table and wardrobe to an insane level the other day, this massive pile has just sat there for probably 6 months (Im not joking), and gets added to as I do a load every second day, the next load has just been dumped there, and so its gone on.

I don't have any dirty laundry though. I never let that happen. I wash and dry. I just don't fold and put away.

Its really out of control, and last night I promised myself I would do it today.

Its interesting its like that because Im really quite OCD.

I WANT MY COUCH BACK!!!

ITS D DAY!!!
Old 02-24-2016, 03:33 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Go at it Cococo. I did that stuff yesterday. More to tackle as alwys. Beer is all gone. Im in for the evening. Keep strong class.
Old 02-24-2016, 03:35 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by maximus97 View Post
Go at it Cococo. I did that stuff yesterday. More to tackle as alwys. Beer is all gone. Im in for the evening. Keep strong class.
Thanks Max. I am going to do it!

Oh its night time where you are....ok.....cant go walking now.

Did you drink anything today?

Have a lovely evening.

Look forward to hearing from you in the morning love.

Love Coco X
Old 02-24-2016, 03:36 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Thanks 360, im not giving up this fight. Forward. Im glad the beer tasted bad. I keep thinking of how fat it makes me too. Glad to not be drinking today.
Old 02-24-2016, 03:37 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  

No boozin today!!
Old 02-24-2016, 03:43 PM
  # 271 (permalink)  

EXCELLENT you've stayed sober today!

Please don't call yourself "fat". Im large too. Doesn't makes us bad people. Don't worry about your weight at the moment. Please!

Please concentrate on the one thing.....staying sober.

Really gotta go.....
Old 02-24-2016, 03:47 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Go Cococo
Old 02-24-2016, 03:58 PM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Badger07 View Post
Go Cococo
Is that "go" as in get out of here and do your damm laundry lady lol

or is it "go" youre on day 6 lol

or both

Im procrastinating......

I AM leaving now.....for reals
Old 02-24-2016, 04:00 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Night all. Would have liked to have chatted but I am shattered. It's nearly midnight in the UK.

Safeandsound yes I meant if you lived in the UK. So I think it's just me and Oldtomato living in the UK...I think

Night all.
Old 02-24-2016, 04:01 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  

But got a confession to make.

Today I ate two snickers bars., one giant chocolate chip cookie and three small bags of Oreos.

I have to get this sugar craving under control
Old 02-24-2016, 04:04 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Talking

Originally Posted by Badger07 View Post
Go Cococo
Are you badgering me
Old 02-24-2016, 04:07 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Going to get my first test . Heading out to a bar to meet a friend of mine. Going to order some food and drink iced tea. I feel confident. Plus I can't sit in the house anymore.
Old 02-24-2016, 04:09 PM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Oroszlan View Post
Going to get my first test . Heading out to a bar to meet a friend of mine. Going to order some food and drink iced tea. I feel confident. Plus I can't sit in the house anymore.
Be careful Oroszlan
Old 02-24-2016, 04:11 PM
  # 279 (permalink)  

I call all the laundry baskets of clean but non-folded laundry around the house...our plastic dressers.

All five of us in my household have one around somewhere at this moment!
Old 02-24-2016, 04:26 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Evening. Been an ok day, a lot of thunderstorms. My counseling session was productive I think. My counselor and I butt heads, which frustrates me, but I see it as him challenging my thinking. After all, my thinking got me here, although I have a hard time letting go of my ideas. I think this frustrates him!

Anyway, been a busy thread day. Glad to see we're all hangin in. My AV is starting to creep in, gotta be careful.