Notices

Class of February 2016 Support Thread Part 2

Old 02-11-2016, 06:33 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

And Taylor, ugh! Your sister is not helping. I too know some people who would say the same thing. I take pity on them, sad if their good time is really only sourced by a bottle of booze.
Old 02-11-2016, 06:39 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  
Stingy athlete recovery method

Hi Taylor,

Making it to day 7 is a great milestone. Good work! I hear you--it is an emotional roller coaster, no doubt. I go to the gym nearly every day as a primary coping strategy. Exercise feels soothing to my frazzled nervous system. Please keep posting. I appreciate it.

Mel
Old 02-11-2016, 06:55 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Room for one more?

To the Class of 2016 - May I join you? I have been reading your posts and find myself checking back to see what is happening with each of you. I get the feeling this may be the best class I've ever enrolled in.
Old 02-11-2016, 07:12 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Welcome Emandm!
Old 02-11-2016, 07:15 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Emandm
D
Old 02-11-2016, 07:46 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Hi everyone....bit of rough one earlier. Got to the point where I was going to grab a tin of dip and meet a buddy of mine at the bar. I thought twice and decided against it.

Coincidentally, a new friend had been asking me to play pickup basketball with him on Thursdays for a few weeks now. I played in high school and a ton of intramural/pickup in college but hadn't touched a ball in 3 years!!! I'm so glad I went - it was great. Need to get my cardio up a bit and my legs are going to be mega-sore in the morning but I feel good.

Positive decisions not negative ones. Hmm, simple.
Old 02-11-2016, 07:49 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm so glad you thought it through Highdraw

D
Old 02-11-2016, 08:31 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  

http://soulanatomy.org/6-steps-to-cr...life-you-want/

Thanks guys. Just read this and it really hit home. Gotta keep moving forward
Old 02-11-2016, 08:37 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Had a sober friend come over this evening. Been watching movies with them. Just wanted to do a quick check-in before bed. I have to be at work way early in the morning. Yuck.
Old 02-11-2016, 08:49 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Well, for the sake of accountability, tomorrow will be day one for me. I didn't drink but I used. I had planned to dispose of my morphine and other drug stash but I binged all day instead. Worst idea ever. I'm so so incredibly sick and angry with myself for what I did. I did flush the rest of what I had though so that's a plus. I'm going to try to get some sleep I guess. Tomorrow is a new day I suppose.
Old 02-11-2016, 09:07 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Good evening everyone. I've just completed 4 days sober, but I've had lengthy periods of sobriety since I realized I needed to quit for good, so completing 4 days isn't hard for me. However, I know that in a few weeks or so the urge to go out and drink will creep up and start to eat away at me, so I'm well aware that I have to prepare for that eventuality.

To that end, I've been working on my sober plan, and I've already implemented daily reading and refection that I will do each morning. In addition, I am recommitting myself to mindful meditation and exercise. I'm also taking other steps, but I won't bore everyone with the details at this point.

I'm still familiarizing myself with everyone in the class, so please forgive me for not acknowledging everyone personally, however, it does feel good to be part of the group and to benefit from its support. I appreciate everyone who is contributing to the February Class.

Well done to everyone who has stayed sober today.

And finally, welcome gerbra and Emandm. I'm glad both of you have joined us.

Peace
Old 02-11-2016, 09:12 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

I wanted to say that I really appreciate everyone's posts. I could not have done what I've done so far without SR. And the price is right, too! I think it would be close to impossible to do this without support from other people. My life, my attitude, my work, my relationship, everything in my life has improved incredibly in the last week. Today at work I felt very humble and very grateful for the support I've received here. Thank you. I can't imagine going back to what I was doing. I never want to go to that place again.
Okay, time to stop emoting!
Old 02-11-2016, 09:12 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Camryn474 View Post
I didn't drink but I used. I had planned to dispose of my morphine and other drug stash but I binged all day instead. Worst idea ever. I'm so so incredibly sick and angry with myself for what I did. I did flush the rest of what I had though so that's a plus. I'm going to try to get some sleep I guess. Tomorrow is a new day I suppose.
Tomorrow is a new day Camryn. Stay as strong and positive as you can. I'm not familiar with you usage history, so have you been using opiates consistently enough to experience withdrawals?
Old 02-12-2016, 12:34 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Just checking in everyone. I'm nearly at the end of day 5. Went to the pub for dinner and did not drink. Huge for me! I really want sobriety this time.
Old 02-12-2016, 12:43 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Good Morning Class

One week ago l awoke to a world of pain, both physical and mental. And worst of all, it had that hopeless feeling of inevitability about it.

One week later everything has changed. I feel so much better, l look so much better, and I'm so much better to be around. l have hope for the future.

This is all because I am free from alcohol, and by staying this way it can only get better and better.

My guard is always up, because I know how patient, persistent and desperate my AV is.

It'a huge help to be able to read your posts and share your journeys. We can do this.
Old 02-12-2016, 01:51 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Good morning all.

Last night my AV surfaced its clever and devious thats for sure. It knows I dont want to drink this weekend so going about breaking my sobrietry from an other hangle. Ahh but wont it be nice to have a glass of red just one relaxing reading a book etc etc etc. No it wont I know exactly where it will lead me, hungover bloated exhausted and struggling to get a few days sober for months brrr hate this illness.

Anyway its quiet this morning next few weeks are going to be tricky I think.
Old 02-12-2016, 02:02 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Morning everyone . Just catching up on everyone's posts. My av almost had me last night. I cannot explain how relieved I was thus morning to wake up sober. Yet I know this weekend will be a challenge. Day 13 for me.

This is a very supportive group so I plan on staying close to SR this weekend.

Happy Friday.
Old 02-12-2016, 03:17 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Morning everyone. Good job to those that made it through another day. It's Friday, which is great, but let's make sure we're all ready to deal with AV's and temptation.

Cam - i appreciate your honesty. It's hard to admit a slip. Time to dust yourself of and get back on the horse. Do you have a plan for avoiding another slip?
Old 02-12-2016, 03:41 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  

How is everyone going? I just ate a caramello koala (only the Australians will know what I'm talking about) and it definitely satisfied my sweet craving. Am going to have to stock up on them!
Old 02-12-2016, 03:43 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by maximus97 View Post
Applekat, knb02 is back, do you remember her from the class of August? Glad to see her again. Heck, I've been in so many classes, I recognise so many names. Anyways, good to see everyone is doing good today. .
Ha Ha I know what you mean maximus97. I recognise so many usernames too. Just shows how long I have been battling with this dreadful disease. And it is a disease folks.My God have is been a roller coaster ride

I am so looking forward to getting to know this class

It was so nice to read everyone's posts because we share the same struggle.I keep forgetting that I am not alone in this illness . Like many of you I was battling with my AV last night.It was a teeth clenching, white knuckle craving that lasted for a couple of hours. But I beat it by accepting it and not reacting. ..and eating a big bowl of ice cream!!

Anyway. Its Friday and I have my evening planned...Going to the movies to watch The Revenant and then head to an AA meeting after that. That will keep my AV in check. Fingercrossed cause I still don't trust myself

Welcome gerbra and emandm