Notices

Class Of January 2016 Support Thread part 2

Old 01-16-2016, 06:27 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Welcome back Lulu. It sounds like you have been living a nightmare. My heart goes out to you. I am glad you are here.

I drink a gallon of clear fluid a day. It is normal for me. You could be really dehydrated, or maybe your liver is begging for some help.

Keep posting. It helps so much, even when there is nothing significant to say, just blabber, it's fine. The important part is keeping the connection going, and reaching out is the most effective way to do that.

Hugs to you.
Old 01-16-2016, 06:52 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

Originally Posted by xristoff View Post
Nice to wake up not broke and clear headed....i can afford a nice breakfast....and a coffee.
... mmmm, coffee ...

Have my cup of coffee, eating some granola cereal dry, enjoying a good Saturday morning. It's my Monday; I went through my second sober "weekend" without a hitch.

It's funny, I've had two drinking dreams in the last two days. First one saw me inching my way through an encounter with a highway patrolman as I was drunk behind the wheel; the second, in the dream I was hung over.

Funny how as an addict I focused on the "positives" of drinking -- but my subconscious clearly sees the negatives.

I've never had drinking dreams before I started my first efforts at sobriety back in October.

Anyway, good morning to everyone, and have a great Saturday.
Old 01-16-2016, 06:52 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by loopylou69 View Post
Thanks. Read your post, felt strong and went to bed with a book. Woke this morning with a banging headache and for a second or two thought I'd caved in and was suffering a hangover. How wierd is that! Felt like I'd been drinking but haven't. Anyone else experience this?
Yes! This happened to me in the beginning. I woke up with a huge headache and thought "why did I drink so much last night?" But, I hadn't drank at all!!!
Old 01-16-2016, 06:57 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  

I know we don't try to quit drinking for frivolous reasons, but I want to share that I seem to have lost some weight - just a bit!
Got up and dressed for today's activities, looked in the mirror at my side profile, and bam! There it was, definitely a little slimmer.
Today is day 16 - one glass of wine yesterday - onward I go!
Old 01-16-2016, 07:20 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I'm sorry for your loss JCNY.

Have you considered revising your recovery plan - maybe beefing it up a little?

D
Thank you. I'm doing this on my own and the crux of my plan is to stay busy and not let alcohol get in the way of accomplishing my goals. I've also learned a lot on here on how to stave off cravings and will use those techniques. I honestly don't know if I'm ready to live 100% alcohol free, sorry everybody but that's where my mind is at this time.
Old 01-16-2016, 07:22 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SillyHuman View Post
The twisted witch, still not knowing me from Adam, tried to hug me. I backed away and told her to leave me alone. She tried a second time, and I told her, "That was just too painful. Stay away from me." She left.
Forgive my impertinence, but it sounds like you haven't really forgiven her. Whatever it is she did to you, you might want to consider it for your own peace of mind?

Originally Posted by SillyHuman View Post
I still feel duplicitous. On one hand, I just made a donation to our local atheist/freethinker group, and support their work wholeheartedly. On the other, I am aligning myself with a religious organization. But, I keep telling myself that my freethinker group does not oppose AA, only mandatory attendance at AA. So, it's confusing and leaves me feeling like a liar.
Who cares what any group thinks of your AA attendance? Handle your business in your own best interests. You're only a liar if you tell lies.

I'm saying this as an atheist beginning his AA attendance: I don't give a damn about AA's religious overlay, I don't buy into the god-propaganda, but I am meeting people who have been where I'm at and have wisdom to offer me. If they pray to Marvin the Wonder-Cow I'm cool with it.

Have a great day and stay strong!
Old 01-16-2016, 07:23 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JCNY View Post
Thank you. I'm doing this on my own and the crux of my plan is to stay busy and not let alcohol get in the way of accomplishing my goals. I've also learned a lot on here on how to stave off cravings and will use those techniques. I honestly don't know if I'm ready to live 100% alcohol free, sorry everybody but that's where my mind is at this time.
Tighten your chin-strap.
Old 01-16-2016, 07:33 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Behindthelens, yes the constant fatigue and lethargy really took its toll on me previously. Part of my arsenal this time is upping natural supplements. I found something that works for me, Triple Energy, which contains three types of ginseng. I take one in the morning, along with multi vitamins and other herbals and the difference is astounding. I am also taking Kudzu (mentioned in many threads on SR). It is supposed to reduce alcohol intake, which I didn’t experience; I was taking it during my last relapse. What I did find was it nearly eliminated WD symptoms so I have decided to continue on with for a while. I don’t take any prescription medications but would consult a Dr. before adding herbals to avoid any complications.
My condolences to you and your family JCNY, losing a parent is so hard to get through. I’m glad you found your way back and are moving forward in your recovery.

Welcome aboard KDBnSLC. No need to be embarrassed, you’re amongst several repeat students. Time to up your plan and use the lessons learned from previous relapses to make it stick this time, that is how I am going to view it. If you can learn from past mistakes and make improvements in your life, then there is value in that lesson!

JulySeaCoast, introvert here too! After perusing SR for several years now, it seems to me that they tend to be the majority here.

SH, your description “terrified paranoid” is exactly how I felt when I tried MJ in my teens. Fortunately, I hated the feeling and never dabbled with it again. Too bad the vomiting, sick aftermath of experimenting with alcohol didn’t serve as a deterrent for me.

Lulu, I quit two great paying jobs since ’12, burnt out, stressed out, and most likely due to the drink, rinse and repeat cycle I was putting myself through. Starting a part-time job today at 1/3 the pay I was previously making. However, I look at it as an opportunity to get out of the house and out of my head, and get paid for it, haha.
Old 01-16-2016, 07:47 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Good luck with the new gig, Odelle.
Old 01-16-2016, 07:50 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thumpalumpacus View Post
Forgive my impertinence, but it sounds like you haven't really forgiven her. Whatever it is she did to you, you might want to consider it for your own peace of mind?
Maybe that will come. She is a sick woman. I knew that at the time. Just confronting her actually felt good. I would not have attended that meeting had I known she was there. Now, I don't care if she is at a meeting. But she still would not be welcome to hug me.

Who cares what any group thinks of your AA attendance? Handle your business in your own best interests. You're only a liar if you tell lies.

I'm saying this as an atheist beginning his AA attendance: I don't give a damn about AA's religious overlay, I don't buy into the god-propaganda, but I am meeting people who have been where I'm at and have wisdom to offer me. If they pray to Marvin the Wonder-Cow I'm cool with it.
Thanks, Thump. That's great! I will turn it over to the unicorn of my understanding!

I agree there is a lot of wisdom and understanding to be had.
Old 01-16-2016, 07:51 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Off to a good start, I just walked 3.5 miles in 32 degree weather, on icy sidewalks.
I'd forgotten how much that helps.
Old 01-16-2016, 07:55 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  

32 degrees! Yikes, it's in the 60s here and I am freezing!
Old 01-16-2016, 08:06 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Sunflowerlife have you tried looking at meditation videos on YouTube? There are some really good ones.
Old 01-16-2016, 08:08 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  

2 meetings done before noon

Toronto has a ton of meetings

Was able to hit a closed meeting at 8am and an open meeting at 9:30.

Also got a temporary sponsor. Off to watch my boy tryout for soccer team....

Would have ....normally...be just coming to...

Wishing y'all another 24.
Old 01-16-2016, 08:10 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Behindthelens View Post

Anybody else out there constantly tired/lethargic? Is it normal?
I am feeling very lethargic too. Lack of enthusiasm. Constantly tired. Right now it's 9am and all I want to do is go back to bed. Nothing seems to motivate me. I don't know if it's my body trying to heal or if I'm depressed. I hope it goes away, I don't like it...
Old 01-16-2016, 11:14 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  

This is my fourth Class Of.... I've gone 20 days and 30 days... Going to try for 60 days and thinking it might stick if I can go that long. Started a diet and forgot how easily I can get completely wrecked without much food.... Lost three pounds. Hoping by also cutting out booze I can finally drop the weight that has been making me unhappy for almost 4 years now.
Old 01-16-2016, 11:47 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Sorry for your loss JCNY.

Hi everyone,
Just checking in on Saturday afternoon. I am on day 13. I think this is the longest I have gone since I had 67 days last year. I am glad to be here because for a while I didn't think I would be able to get here again.

It is cold here and is supposed to start snowing soon. I have a lot to do as my house is a mess. When it gets like this, I look around at all that has to be done and I get overwhelmed and all I want to do is sit down and do nothing. I know I just need to pick one thing and do it, then that is one less thing that has to be done. Easier said than done for me though. Anyway, I will do my best to get something accomplished today.

I hope everyone has a great weekend
Old 01-16-2016, 01:04 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Glb82-I have looked at them in the past. I have my favorites that are on iTunes and I also use Gaia TV
Old 01-16-2016, 02:29 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Lulu and PHRD

Hope everyone has a great weekend

D
Old 01-16-2016, 06:30 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Glb82, Odelle, patricia68: I spent some time searching lethargy on these forums and it seems fairly common. Funnily enough I went out last night and felt fine. Didn't hit the sack till 1am but today I am pretty exhausted again. I suppose a bit of lethargy is fine for now, especially compared to the alternative. I will check out ginko when I get the chance.

Day 13 here we go.