SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class Of January 2016 Support Thread part 2 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/382798-class-january-2016-support-thread-part-2-a.html)

Dee74 01-11-2016 06:06 PM

Class Of January 2016 Support Thread part 2

last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...thread-21.html

D

Dee74 01-11-2016 06:12 PM

Congrats on day one SoberinSyracuse :)

Originally Posted by SillyHuman (Post 5735950)
I am struggling. Actually thought of going and getting some beer. No worries about a drug test with booze. Then, I thought that hanging out here on SR is putting thoughts of drinking in my head. Good grief!

One thing I do when I feel overwhelmed is imagine a worst case scenario. My fear is that I am becoming unemployable. So, what if I never work again? I become a housewife. That is all. I don't die. My husband does not leave me. We don't go bankrupt (I don't earn enough to matter much). So, why am I freaking out?

No good reason!

I think the inner addict/AV call it what you will, will use anything it can to get us to think a drink, a toke, a pill, or a fix is a good idea.

I hope it makes no difference to the job but, if it does, the next one will go better Silly :)

D

strugglingJim 01-11-2016 06:18 PM

end of day 8, interesting to sit back and feel the need to sleep creeping up (rather than passing out). No AV yet, but I know he's out there waiting.
If you told me 6 months ago that I would admit that I'm powerless against alcohol (or anything else) I would have said no way, I though it was a cop out to say you were powerless. No cop out. Reality.

Behindthelens 01-11-2016 06:27 PM

Sorry for your loss JL.

Day 8 and I feel fine this snowy morning. Slept over 8 hours last night. Many a moon since that has happened. Each day is getting a little better and the evenings are moving more smoothly. I actually started planning my summer when I awoke this morning. I never plan anything normally. Everything is a last minute mess usually, which is a shame as the planning can be just as enjoyable as the doing.

Good day/eve to you all.

obxtacy313 01-11-2016 06:28 PM

Well, I did falter yesterday but am, gratefully, back on the path to a sober life. It is funny how my AV almost has taken on a personification in this struggle. When I was really out of control, my AV was convincing me to buy and drink high volumes. After backing off the booze, it persuaded me to just drink a few glasses of wine which turned into a bottle and another glass, a lot less alcohol than my previous consumption - kind of like a compromise with sobriety. I am sure the Voice would be accompanying me to the liquor store should I get back on that path again.

Another observation from my lapse of judgement - God, I felt TERRIBLE this morning from really not that much booze.!! I think my body is trying to tell me something...

JL - my prayers are with you and your family, sorry for your loss

bluedog97 01-11-2016 07:29 PM

Just checking in. I'll be up late watching this football game. A little on edge, but in no danger of drinking. Hang strong everyone.

JL, sorry for your loss. Sending thoughts your way.

Shantilove 01-11-2016 07:44 PM

Day 8 here, no desire to drink, have extreme anxiety nothing to do with drinking, work problems, but I'm finding other ways to work through it instead of hitting the bottle and running away.

Sending love and strength your way JL so sorry for your loss.

Plenny 01-11-2016 09:16 PM

Hi all, glad to see you all hanging in, despite great losses, cravings, and falters.

I'm realizing that I've inherited my mother's knack for not thinking before she speaks... She has said some terrible things to people before

I wasn't that bad, but I remembered today that my sobriety tends to get my brain a little ahead of itself. So I have to think before I speak and always breathe.

I'm also really hard on myself.

Plenny 01-11-2016 09:21 PM

Oh but I also made it through another shift without drinking and that's good :)

Thumpalumpacus 01-11-2016 11:16 PM

The end of day 10 here. It was a bit of an emotional roller-coaster for me with my feelings about how my drinking has broken my relationship with my woman. We still talk and still exchange "I love you"s daily, but she's made it clear that she will not give me any reason to hope that we can be together again, despite the "I love you"s and tendernesses and pet names -- so I'm in a sort of limbo, afraid to say "goodbye" and strike out on my own, and afraid to cling to hope that is probably fatuous. AV definitely got a loud word in, but I locked the SoB out in the cold and am home, sober, and looking forward to sleep (when it comes) so I can regain some emotional balance.

My sobriety comes first, and devil take the hindmost.

ClearCut 01-12-2016 02:48 AM

JL - very sorry to hear about the loss and I hope you have the rest of the family close. Thinking of you all in these coming days. Hope you find atrength.

CC

SillyHuman 01-12-2016 03:14 AM

It is 4 am and I cannot sleep.

For the second time, I posted to the wrong thread, deleted it, and now I don't feel like rewriting it, so screw it. Irritable as all get out.

Hope everyone has a good morning.

Sunflowerlife 01-12-2016 03:18 AM

Day 7 over here. It's so peaceful in the house when I am the only one up, man I love it.
I am proud of myself for surviving DH's birthday yesterday. It's the 6th one we've spent together and of course the first one I spent sober. I didn't even miss it. If anything, it was annoying watching him slowly progress from his 2 beers at lunch to the 6 pack at home. I just noticed he also opened a bottle of wine after that and stayed up late watching a movie. I'm sure he will feel lovely today. Man, I don't miss those hangovers one bit. Every sober morning is a gift from the Universe.
We are blessed to be doing this. To be proud of ourselves, to be loving ourselves. My gratitude is immense this morning and I could never have done it without SR.
Thank you to ALL of you..

Dee74 01-12-2016 03:20 AM

Hope you get some rest before you have to get up Silly :)

Optimist4ever57 01-12-2016 03:37 AM

I wish I had time to read more posts this morning, but another long day is looming. I'm beginning to think about some of you who are with me on this forum...My virtual friends. Looking to a productive and clean Day 4!

SoberinSyracuse 01-12-2016 03:51 AM

To Thump: Sorry that you're feeling the pain of a broken heart. I lost someone I loved due to my drinking, too. One of my half-baked previous efforts to quit was in a desperate effort to win him back. He never returned. And of course I relapsed since my embryonic sobriety was for him and not for myself. I'm proud of you for keeping your sobriety in Pole Position, your One Thing, Top Priority. In my own experience, the losses and disappointments I suffered while drinking never really got resolved in my heart and haunt me to this day. It's almost as if healing couldn't occur while drinking.

I hope that your lady will in time become more trusting and confident in you and return to you. But if that's not to happen, I'm sure you will do better working through the experience sober. After all... Whether she returns or does not, when love next arrives on your doorstep, you want to be ready to welcome it in with a smile and steady, healthy heart!

:c014:

SoberinSyracuse 01-12-2016 03:57 AM

Welcome to My Day 2!

Last night was my first sober night. I didn't get to sleep until about 1:30. So very jittery!

I literally didn't know how to go to bed! Finally, it occurred to me to fake it. Turn off the lights and lay down. After about an hour, I slept.

I woke this morning after 5 hours sleep. Quite tired, drenched in sweat but

not hung over!

Today's another long day of IV amino acids and meeting with my coaches and a support group. I look forward to telling the coaches I didn't drink last night because they were awfully concerned that I might!

tobesobercelt 01-12-2016 04:02 AM

On Day nine here and feeling great, went to the gym last night and could not belive the energy I had, a bit stiff this morning though but allot better than a hangover and slept though the night first time in a long time..

SillyHuman 01-12-2016 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by SoberinSyracuse (Post 5736740)
I literally didn't know how to go to bed!

I am right there with you SiS. I am accustomed to falling asleep watching TV. This whole "go to bed" BEFORE crashing out is new. Also, I cannot watch tv because it is so boring.

But you sound great! I am looking forward to reading what happens to you today.

Meshelly 01-12-2016 05:23 AM

5:22 Oregon
Another 24 please
:tyou
Sending Blessings <3