# 341 (permalink)  
Administrator

get well soon Jane
welcome back Cara

D
Old 01-17-2016, 04:12 PM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Behindthelens View Post
Glb82, Odelle, patricia68: I spent some time searching lethargy on these forums and it seems fairly common. Funnily enough I went out last night and felt fine. Didn't hit the sack till 1am but today I am pretty exhausted again. I suppose a bit of lethargy is fine for now, especially compared to the alternative. I will check out ginko when I get the chance.

Day 13 here we go.
I know I'm back on day 2 after having 11 days under my belt but the lethargy has been a huge issue for me too. Getting out of bed in the mornings is a massive effort. Hard to think through my foggy brain too. Started on a good B vitamin and magnesium powder.
Old 01-17-2016, 04:36 PM
  # 343 (permalink)  

14 days. Early days still but I'm so happy and so relieved I'm off the crazy train. I may still be bored or sad sometimes but I feel a sense of calm in my life that is not there when I drink. It's a nice feeling to know I am in complete control of my decision making when I'm sober. Have a nice week everyone.
Old 01-17-2016, 05:02 PM
  # 344 (permalink)  

Day 2 here. I found in the past if I slipped once I still counted how many days I was on... You can't lose all your momentum and sense of accomplishment for one slip up. However, a slip up easily leads back to slipping into old habits.... Anyway - Here's to a healthy day where I took care of my body the way it deserves to be treated.
Old 01-17-2016, 05:14 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Kuddos to you Cara and Tink for coming right back, that determination will pay off!

Day 10 and feeling blah today, tired and sad, but thankful my AV is still MIA, probably still in shock and mounting its counterattack!

ClearCut, I’m a little disappointed that I haven’t lost any weight too. I’ve drastically cut the carbs and can honestly say that the only sweets I’ve eaten over the past 10 days were 2 cookies. I keep bouncing up and down by 2 pounds, daily. I keep reminding myself that weight loss is secondary; sobriety is my focus right now. I don’t even crave sugar now, I’ve been enjoying 3 healthy meals a day, replacing one or two with a protein/greens drink and feeling satisfied.

Regarding moderation, that isn’t an option for me at all. One drink and I’m off and running. My off switch malfunctioned many years ago. You did well JulySeaCoast; just keep your guard up and don’t let your AV compromise with you.
Old 01-17-2016, 05:29 PM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JulySeaCoast View Post
Hi Seep - no, not trying moderating. I've tried it before, a la deciding to drink two glasses of wine a night. It just did not work for me. I was juggling, thinking well I really want three, so that means only one the next night.......etc. It was exhausting thinking so much about it. Easier to stop altogether. So, I had the one glass Friday night and nothing since. No real temptation at the dinner hour, my drinking time. I make my cranberry/seltzer/lime and drink it out of a wine glass. The future? I don't know. Will I want a glass or two of champagne at a wedding or a birthday? Probably I can do that. I take it a day at a time
Thanks, JulySeaCoast. Definitely not what I wanted to hear...but I'm learning to appreciate honesty - from others and within myself.

I feel like a broken record but I'm very close to pouring myself a glass of wine right now. I can't think of a reason not to
Old 01-17-2016, 05:34 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  
Urban Hermit

Originally Posted by Seep9871 View Post
I feel like a broken record but I'm very close to pouring myself a glass of wine right now. I can't think of a reason not to
Maybe go back and read some of your old posts. Like the one where you said this:
4. I focused on THE NEXT MORNING. I took this advice straight from several comment on SR. Yes, wine sounded great last night, and my AV had even convinced me that it was the BETTER choice, than sobriety. So, for about five minutes, I sat there and argued with it. My winning retaliation? Alcohol is poison, it will only bring you guilt and disappointment tomorrow. This is my new mantra!
Old 01-17-2016, 05:46 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Hi all. I watched football sober, and remember the end of the game. Go Broncos!

I got strange message from my sponsor Leslie. She is moving shortly anyway, and would have only been a temporary sponsor. But the message was weird, evasive, and I suspect she is back out drinking. Last night I saw an old friend and got her number, so I called her today and asked if she would do the steps with me. She was worried that our friendship would interfere, and I told her that I am not looking for an authority, just a friend. She said she would be honored.

I am proud of myself. Whatever is wrong with Leslie did not slow me down for a second. Normally, I would be blaming myself, wondering why she does not like me, and obsessing over what I did wrong. Instead, I reached out to someone else immediately. That is progress.

I am excited because rumor has it that tomorrow night's meeting is Agnostica (for atheists, agnostics and freethinkers). I did not know we had one here and am still not sure I believe it.

Day 9 here.

I hope everyone has a good night.
Old 01-17-2016, 05:46 PM
  # 349 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm very close to pouring myself a glass of wine right now. I can't think of a reason not to
I bet you can
vanaprastha makes a great suggestion - reread your old posts Seep, or read any of the hundreds of new threads here today.

I guarantee you'll see yourself in some of them.

This thread hit me hard today

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...obersloan.html

I knew this person - not well, but at least as well as I know all of you here.

She was once where I was, and where all you guys are right now.

For people like us, taking another drink is far more than simply 'just another drink'
D
Old 01-17-2016, 06:09 PM
  # 350 (permalink)  
KCW

After a lot of lurking, I'd like to join this forum and class. I'm tired of my way of life and know that quitting drinking is the first, most necessary step if I want to live a better one. Thank you!
Old 01-17-2016, 06:22 PM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KCW View Post
After a lot of lurking, I'd like to join this forum and class. I'm tired of my way of life and know that quitting drinking is the first, most necessary step if I want to live a better one. Thank you!
Hi there!
I lurked for months here too before I plugged in to the support here.
Awesome you are joining this class. I was terrified to quit and it's still early days for me but want to say welcome.
Old 01-17-2016, 07:00 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Welcome KCW, I'm glad you joined, you'll find a lot of support here! So, is today your day 1?
Old 01-17-2016, 07:01 PM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Welcome KCW!
Old 01-17-2016, 08:07 PM
  # 354 (permalink)  
You can have reasons, or you can have results, but you can't have both.

Hi, classmates. I need to follow this thread, and your stories, more. We're so much in the same boat. I've just been maintaining another thread, a journal about the IV amino acid detox I'm doing, but my roots should be here.

I'm headed to bed shortly. Today was 7 days for me. Feeling much better, obviously. Best of all, my mood is good for the first time in forever.
Old 01-17-2016, 08:08 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  
You can have reasons, or you can have results, but you can't have both.

Bedtime, but I feel a little amped up. Maybe I'll have a warm bathtub soak first. Mostly I've been dropping off to sleep quickly, but tonight I feel like I want to stay up...
Old 01-17-2016, 08:34 PM
  # 356 (permalink)  

SiS, how long does the IV therapy last? I am intrigued, it sounds like an amazing way to kick-start sobriety. Have you warmed up to the group therapy sessions?
Old 01-17-2016, 10:49 PM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Start of Day 13 here, and I'm on the struggle bus. But I'll commit to another 24 hours alcohol-free.

Who is with me?
Old 01-17-2016, 10:57 PM
  # 358 (permalink)  
Administrator

D
Old 01-17-2016, 10:58 PM
  # 359 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome from me too KCW

D
Old 01-17-2016, 11:00 PM
  # 360 (permalink)  

I'm in for another 24 hours Glb, day 11 tomorrow, turning in for the night!