Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 24

Old 01-21-2016, 08:55 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Good Morning Freein !

Good afternoon Obo, and Dee !

Good night Mariah, Adna, Rocks, and Up.

........almost another weekend already !

One thing's for sure ,...it's hard to get the Monday Blues starting work on Thursday Night !?!
Old 01-21-2016, 09:57 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Afternoon Tops and all..........

2 coffees, 2 x noodles, 4 x fried chips, 2 cans coke, 1 spaghetti bolognaise....... and Im still hungry.

Cold snap here, getting down to 3 or 4 over the weekend...... thats pretty cold for HK..

AO is great entertainment fools, even in the background! Can stream for free on the net.....
Golf or tennis for the baby, gotta start em young these days.....there's a dollar in those sports as opposed to playing the clarinet...

Planning for the future and that....!

IN FOR THE BARGAIN.....

stay tuned................
Old 01-21-2016, 10:08 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Goodnight TS, Goodnight Night Owl Up, Good day Freein, Good Evening Obo & Dee......Hi Rocks, Adna, Solilo, & ST. In for the Bargain
Old 01-21-2016, 10:37 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Morning all, I'm in for the Bargain too.
Hopefully a good end to the week, if I can find somewhere quiet to catch up on paperwork. I'm really trying to finish each week with a clear slate, so things don't pile up quite so much. It's the only way to stay sane round here.
Tops, hope you had a few restful days off, I feel a bit bad about looking forward to the weekend, knowing you're working! Will you be able to have a hot tub moment?
Obo, I hope you can get a job that you really enjoy when you move back home. What an amazing thing that must be to actually enjoy your work. To look forward to the day ahead. I still have a long way to go before I feel that blessed about my work, but that's still my aim.

Have a great end to the week everyone.
Old 01-21-2016, 11:00 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  
Administrator

Night Mariah

hey Freein Obo UP and Top - enjoy the weekend everyone

D
Old 01-21-2016, 11:51 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

.......Goodnight izzy, Applekate, ChickChick, Noolan & StormiNormi.
Old 01-22-2016, 06:57 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

& Dancing Diva Off to clean a couple of units today....have a great day all!
Old 01-22-2016, 12:29 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  

It sounds like there's a blizzard hitting the US for the next few hours, I hope everyone stays safe tonight.

Take care all.
Old 01-22-2016, 08:16 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

I hope everyone stays safe too......Up??

Had a good day....was glad to get some work....finishing a job tomorrow. This came from PM Co & sounds like more to come.

Home for the night....just back from the store as I had a craving for some ginger ale, saw a bottle of ginger beer (amongst the soda), I clarified with the checker that it was no -alcohol & he said yes, so I bought that & the ginger ale....checker made comment that I was really "living it up, a real party animal", I said yeah, I know the bar where I did my partying & made an ass out of myself is literally right down the road from me & that store....I am proud to say I have not been there for about 2 years now & although I still feel a little "pull" when I pass by, lately it's just an overwhelming feeling of being grateful it not part of my life anymore & a little bit of pride hope you are all well!
Old 01-22-2016, 09:24 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

<sarcasm> I'm walking in a winter wonderland </sarcasm>
Actually I'm sitting at home, streaming stuff off the internet. Shhhh .... don't tell the popo.

I'm not doing good tonight, I have some things I have to do some serious thinking about. I really don't want to consider either option, they both hurt too much. It's a little to complicated to go into here.
Of course the AV is trying to take advantage of this. Trying to convince me that numbing my mind will take the pain away. On one hand I know that he's right but I also know that it won't take it away forever. I will still have to deal with it and then will also have to deal with hating myself for giving in. I already hate myself enough, I don't need to add that on top of it.

Anyway, I think I will go out looking for trouble driving around in the snow tomorrow.
Driving isn't really fun until you are drifting through corners and driving down the road sideways.

Have a safe and sober weekend everyone.
Old 01-22-2016, 10:04 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

no, definitely wouldn't help the situation at all Up....10x worse I'm guessing. I hope that you can talk about it with someone, if not here. Be safe out there tomorrow
Old 01-22-2016, 10:31 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I'm glad that now I think it through, the old me would be like WooHoo!
Old 01-23-2016, 12:24 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  

UP, it sounds like a valuable use of your time to make this difficult decision. Remember, though, that a decision made, is always far better than just drifting along aimlessly. There are no "rights" or "wrongs" if you can make an honest decision that's true to you're heart. You'll feel better about moving on with your life, I'm sure.

Mariah, that's great news about the job, I can feel your positive vibe from here, good for you!

A free day for me today. I'll get my exercise done in a minute, then hoping to tidy up the garden a bit. The vegetable patch needs turning over - I'm determined to have a decent crop this year. I'm planning to harvest some seaweed from the beech one day soon to use as fertilizer, but I might have already left that too late?

Have a good day all.
Old 01-23-2016, 01:13 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  

You have a good day too Freein,....
Seaweed as fertilizer ?,.... great idea !

Mariah,... you're clamping down on those jobs like a pit bull,.... good stuff.
Cha-ching !!!

Up, .... be safe cornering out there today.
Old 01-23-2016, 09:16 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  

My Ninja blender is getting a LOT of use. My favourites so far are; orange, carrot and Apple; and (this is my very fav) raw cocoa powder, honey, frozen fruit, banana and soya milk, wow that's so good, it can't be healthy too!

I'm trying to find something tasty that incorporates something green, I'll keep experimenting.

Anyway, that's a Ninja update.

How's the snow UP? We've just seen a lot of rain today, and probably more of the same tomorrow.

Hope everyone's weekend is going well. When does your weekend start Tops?
Old 01-23-2016, 09:39 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

I'll have to try the honey & Cocoa Freein....we have an outlet grocery store here & the last time I was there they had big bag of kale....all shredded up so I threws ome of that in the blender yesterday with pineapple/banana juice & protein powder....yum more rain for us here today too, but we did get a break with beautiful sunny day yesterday. I am sore from my workouts earlier this week & so glad to be back at it......I will go again tomorrow!

TS....the "cornering"......you guys have a name for it, such boys

Off to finish a job....have a good day!!
Old 01-23-2016, 09:51 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

It's white free.
It's not to bad, I've seen worse. Of course the storm isn't over yet.

Thinking about just staying in for the day. I'll just wait and see.
Old 01-23-2016, 11:09 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Guess I will be staying in, the governor has issued a level 2 travel restriction. This basically means only essential personnel are allowed on the road. I would probably be fine but if I did get stuck and the police come by I would get a ticket.
I don't know if big government is to blame or people in general not knowing how to drive. Things didn't used to be this way.

Oh well, why is it that when you aren't allowed to do something that is when you really want to do it? I guess I will just stay home, don't want to have to pay a ticket.
Old 01-23-2016, 07:39 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Funny how that is......wanting to do something when we can't worked 4 1/2 hrs to finish job today. These units for PM Co are vacant & im cleaning for move in...I take my portable player & listen to tunes, by myself, no people to deal with if anything is to terribly dirty....appliances, carpet, blinds they are replaced before I go in so nothing too nasty to deal with. I'm paid by them so don't have to deal with collecting from anyone. Came home & and was all of a sudden feeling edgy & think I am just really tired & hungry....took hot shower & baked some cookies, feeling a bit better. Teen Son & Girlfriend have the living room so I'm just chillin in my room....no TV up here so might have to jump back into an unfinished book. Watched the movie Aviator the other night.....good movie with Leonardo Dicaprio playing Howard Hughes....what a story & now I want to get some books & read about him. Be safe back East Up & TS!! How is the storm affecting you there TS.
Old 01-23-2016, 07:41 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Great post from earlier tonight....why I love SR!!!

prayers... done. you're on the list.

AA - do it. It helps.

Also - get those shoes back on. 100-miler... YES!!!

Did my first ultra this past summer. 50k. I'm registered for the 50 miler this coming summer. Last year about 70% were DNF on that one... it's a tough one. Bottom line is running is a fantastic part of the recovery toolkit. Keep at it!!!

Throw the damn booze out. All of it. Get a therapist if you don't have one... get honest and get working on those parts of Self that need healing. When you're out there running - use some of that time. Instead of running FROM... start running TO. Running TO a new, beautiful, deep and joyful you. Sounds to me like you've had some good runs at 'not drinking'.... so, now you're ready to graduate to SOBRIETY. This life is worth so much more and you already know it. If you've finished an ultra, you know the elation of pure LIFE. I've been the guy dragging a** over the finish line of a marathon hungover and miserable, too.... sucks. That's a great metaphor for what alcohol does to EVERY aspect of our lives. You don't need it.

DC is covered in snow... what a gorgeous opportunity to get out there and start your running TO.... right now. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to TAKE THAT HILL.... the hill of the new and beautifully joyous YOU that you deserve. You've already shown you're a warrior..... now, go fight for you. And arm yourself in every way you can. AA, Therapy, this place, running, cross-training, meditation.... DID I MENTION MEDITATION? OMG If I was in DC right now I'd strap on my shoes and head out into those cold and lovely empty streets and run my head off, hungover or not!!! What an incredible opportunity!! Run the MCM route.... slam a few liters of water, throw on your gear and go. 13.6... hell, run the whole 26.2 and end up at the Marine Corps monument before 1am if you leave now!!! Your hangover'll be gone and you'll be a new you.

Go fight for and build that new you.... and then, then comes the part you're hoping for; you'll fall in Love.

With YOU.

GO.

(And stick around, we've got your back)