D
Old 01-01-2016, 07:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

First ... well second after Dee.
Old 01-01-2016, 08:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Sorry to hear about the loss Adna. I hope you also get some rest.

Good to hear that things are ok between your son and his girlfriend. I know what you mean about not belonging, I never hug out at bars because I'm not really a drinker but I don't hang around certain people anymore.

Hope you had luck with the computer free.

I decided to change my avatar, hopefully it will be another rebirth.
Old 01-01-2016, 11:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Second. I get silver, not bad.

UP, love the idea of a new avatars=New birth.
I'll see if I can sort out how to get myself an avatars, I'd like something positive too.

Adna, glad to hear you have a rest now. Sorry to hear about your ex father in law.

Thanks UP, the computer is working really well now. I don't know why we left it so long to replace the old one. I have MS Office installed, and I've been playing about with a monthly planner for my 2016 goals. Ain't no stopping me now!

I was up a bit later than usual last night, watching Sherlock (at last, it's been a long time coming).

This holiday has felt really long, it'll be a shock going back to work on Tuesday. I need to get back in to my early morning routine.
Old 01-02-2016, 12:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Your new avatar rocks UP

D
Old 01-02-2016, 11:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Love the avatar Up!! Very "up" lifting!!

No big plans for the day....teen Son is going to help take Down lights out front today...get those things put away, shouldn't take long. Noticed were getting some moss on the roof so he is going to take big push broom to it & get that knocked off. there a few things that need done on the house but need to get back to work before I can do anything.

A friend gave me a book last year " The Language of Letting Go"... I decided I would start with Jan 1 reading , which has to do with setting goals for the year so I am going to get goals written down on paper this am. I tried to Dan load CBT app to my phone last night but do not have space for it, so will look into why that is. I did find some simple affirmations on You Tube & listened to those & am writing a few on index cards to tape to my bathroom mirror, reminding myself to speak kindly to myself have a good day peep! I would like to share the readings from book for Jan 1 & 2:

Today I will remember that there is a powerful force motivated by writing down goals. I will do that now., for the year to come, and regularly as needed. I will do it not to control but to do my part in living my life.

Today, I will trust that I will learn, grow, and set the limits I need in my life at my own pace. This timing need only be right for me.
Old 01-02-2016, 10:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

hey TS, is this your Friday night?

Busy, Productive day here. Feeling anxious about my financial situation....temp job paid enough to cover the bills & Christmas, but that's gone. I'm trusting that Vocational Rehab Counsellor I meet with Monday will be the ticket to some decent employment opportunities.

Adna..... I think it is awesome you have dedicated so much time In Helping at the shelter. You inspire me to do something like that & think I will go see if they need volunteers at the Women's shelter here.
Old 01-02-2016, 10:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Mariah, I've written my goals down too. It's much more powerful than just keeping them in our heads. I'm thinking of putting mine on the fridge door.

Hope the vocational counsellor can help tomorrow.

Just finished my morning workout, and just about to start piano practice. I'm determined to play better this year (I think that might have been one of my goals last year too! Oops)

Then I'll be driving down to visit my parents. Back to my weekly routine, the festivities are over.
Old 01-03-2016, 10:04 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MariahGayle View Post
hey TS, is this your Friday night?

Monday is my Fri. ,.... I'm taking two vacation days today and Monday, so I guess it was. my Friday night this week !

If I can get on the road soon , .... will drive up to Tenn. to see family until Thur.

I like y'alls idea of writing goals down this year,....will have to try that myself !
Old 01-03-2016, 08:10 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Ugh, did anyone get the number of the truck that ran me over?

Last year ended as the official worst I've ever experienced.
The way I see it is I can start digging my way out again or lie down and wait for someone to come fill the hole in on top of me.
Can someone loan me a shovel?

Perhaps I should look into writing goals down. Maybe start small and build on that.

I hope you all had a great weekend.
Old 01-03-2016, 09:17 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

I'm sorry UP.....what happened? Yes, start small....you can do it. I feel like you are overwhelmed & if you look at the big picture., it's too much. What needs to happen first? Start there & take even the littlest step toward fixing it??? I'm afraid I can't me of much help when I don't know what you are facing.
Old 01-03-2016, 09:42 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

It's just my back, it could be this cold weather we are finally experiencing.
I injured my back almost 15 years ago .. has it been that long .. the doctors can't really point to anything specific so no real treatment. That is what got me into my addition, started out with my doctor giving me percocet, which your body gets used to over time requiring more, next thing I knew I was in a full blown addiction.

In regards to last year, it's extremely complicated. I'm working on a plan to turn things around. Luckily I have 2 friends here that help me more than any blood family I have left, which is why I would walk through fire for them.

I will start with small steps. There is one goal, a ginormous one , that I will never give up on even if it may never be realized.
Old 01-03-2016, 10:11 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

are you taking pain medication for your back now? Im glad that you have good friends to count on for help. i've found when a situation looks overwhelming that once I commit to taking even little steps toward it, I feel less stuck.....action is key for sure. PM me anytime my friend if you want to talk or sharing here we might be able to offer suggestions to help or just encouragement and an ear
Old 01-03-2016, 10:27 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Yes. They, different doctors, have me on non narcotic pain meds. They help but I still have daily pain, some days are worse than others.

Right now the biggest thing is finding a job. I used to be a truck driver and did warehouse work but my back has thrown a wrench into that.
I've got to put my pride aside and even take a job at McDonald's if it comes down to it.
Old 01-03-2016, 10:49 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Definitely start with small steps, UP. It's also helpful to clarify your "why's". Why do you actually want this goal/change/situation? Having a really honest and clear "why" will help you get through the tricky times when motivation drops.
I haven't been clear enough about why I want to be able to play the piano, which is why my commitment drops by Feb! So I'm working on a great "why?"

The other thing I'm learning about is making clear targets each day, small achievable, measurable targets towards my goal. So at the end of the day I can feel good about achieving something, or if the target was too big and I didn't do it, I can tweak it for the next day. There's no failure, just learning and growing.

Also, make sure the goals are not dependent on anyone else's behaviour, as other human beings have a tendency to be annoyingly uncooperative (in my experience anyway)! For example if we want to mend a relationship, make sure the goal is purely just focusing on what we ourselves can do to improve the situation.

I'm really excited for you!
Old 01-03-2016, 10:50 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

have you looked into Vocational Rehab UP? I believe each State has one & they help individuals who can't do the type of work they previously did & help to get people placed, provide needed training? It is a free service to those that qualify & it sure sounds like you do. I hope you can get some sleep tonight. I'm going to call it a day, back to the early morning bus run with Son in the am & my appt with Voc Rehab. I was having a hard time getting to sleep last night & finally had to repeat rest & sleep over & over in my head till I fell asleep
Old 01-03-2016, 10:52 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Sorry UP, you posted while I was still typing! I'm so slow.

Getting back in to work would be a great goal.

Do you have vocational people there, like Mariah has. They sound a great resource.
Old 01-03-2016, 10:53 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Oh no, I'm even slower than I thought! How do you all do this so quickly?
Old 01-03-2016, 11:04 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Lol free.

I've been through voc rehab, that turned into a complicated mess. I think my counselor didn't really know what she was doing.
Old 01-03-2016, 11:08 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Try again with them Up? A different Counclor might make a big difference. Talk to you tomorrow