# 101 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Sounds great Mariah.

As long as we don't go to Australia.

ways-australia-is-out-to-get-you

Have a great day everyone.
Old 01-12-2016, 12:08 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Eek, that's a scary place. Dee, get out of there quick!

UP, I go to bed so early, and you go to bed so late, our awake time is almost the same despite the time difference. It's 8.10pm here. What time is it there?
Old 01-12-2016, 12:21 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

It's 3:20 pm here.
Old 01-12-2016, 04:17 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Called to schedule Drs appointment...have had pain in upper left back...hurts when I'm sitting & move around & when I take deep breaths. Weird it doesn't do it when I stand up & do the same movement & take deep breath. Hurts a lot when I lay down...probably why I slept so good last night after finally taking muscle relaxer & hydrocodone.
Old 01-12-2016, 06:16 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Mariah, ...hope it's just a pulled muscle. Sometimes rest and wet heat from an electric pad has worked for me before. Chiropractor warned my sister years ago never to use a heating pad dry to help with damaged muscle tissue , because it tends to pull even more moisture from the dehydrated area,....just the opposite of what's generally needed. Hope you feel better soon, ....back pain seems to be the hardest to ignore.

Freein,....Since Up and I are on the east coast, ...there must be 5 hours between us ,...and Mariah and Adna are 8 hours back.

Heard once a working class person gets past 70 , ...materialism diminishes for some folks.

Bad news at work ,...they've canned the PT lady who worked my two nights off and have a maintenance guy working Tuesdays and an office girl working Wed. this week " until they find someone "
The bad news is, of course, how tough will it be to schedule a few days off for me !? ,....this has been an ongoing issue with the folks running things around there.
Being sober helps, for sure. At least I can think of several options with a clear head anyway.

Freein ,.....Maybe the new company will give you a fat pay increase and more vacation days !?!
Keep us updated how it gets sorted , once the time comes.

That is, if we don't win the lotto first. If that happens , we're all flying first class to personally deliver a bag of money to Dee . And get nice tans in early retirement.
It'll be fun !! No more well problems for UP,..no more boiler problems for you, Freein, ... Mariah's mortgage will vanish in thin air,...and we'd all live happily ever after ....forever galvanized by some random , and rather vulgar drawing !

I've gottin' my two bucks worth of fantasy already tonight,... a day early !??
Old 01-12-2016, 06:24 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I hope your back problem gets sorted out quick Mariah.

I also threw my two bucks into the hat top, fingers crossed.
I hope they get things at work sorted out soon without too much disruption on your end.
Old 01-12-2016, 08:55 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

3 single tickets.....early retirement for Obo too
Old 01-12-2016, 11:49 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Mariah, sorry to hear about your back. I hope it's easing off today. Is there anyway you'd be able to break up the cleaning jobs in to packages of less time, to rest your body a bit while you're getting used to the work? Cleaning uses some very odd movements at times, it's easy to pull something.

UP, I was getting confused with the time differences - of course you don't go to bed at 4pm - that would be really really late even for you

Tops, are you still thinking that you might be able to cut your night shift hours, or is this a bit difficult now you've lost a colleague? Hope you're still on track with your plans.

I have a new mantra, it's a Zen teaching "thank you, I have no complaints". It's great to have that in your mind when something uncomfortable happens. I was out in the cold yesterday, without sufficient layers, and the thought came up "thank you, I have no complaints", it helped to clear my mind of all negativity (well some of its negativity anyway). Quite powerful.

Have a great middle of the week everyone.
Old 01-13-2016, 12:23 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  
Administrator

The pic's wrong...

the houses don't look like that

D
Old 01-13-2016, 09:09 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Are Australians just born brave, or is it something you have to learn at school? "The lesson today children, is how to adjust your clocks, first make sure you have an escape route...."

I remember a really old Sinbad the Sailor film, where Sinbad gets caught in a huge spiders web, really scary, I was hiding behind the sofa if I remember rightly. Very traumatic at the time.

I fear I'll have night mares tonight
Old 01-13-2016, 12:13 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Hi Fools,
Mariah, I hope your back improves quickly.
Freein, I've never really thought of it as a mantra, but when I get frustrated with my circumstances I remind myself that I am living the life I've chosen to create, I can choose how to respond to whatever situation I face, and I can change things whenever I want to. It helps me counter negative thinking, too.
I also got some powerball tickets. I won $16 on the tickets I bought on Saturday, so I reinvested. If I win we'll find a beautiful place to meet up, as equidistant as possible, and I'll take care of all our previously mentioned material needs.
I'll also get some really badass boots...
Things here have been pretty slow, lazy and quiet. I typically allow myself a couple of weeks to do whatever I want after I get through the holidays. My holiday show season always kicks my butt.
I've started on the massive purge on my house, but just by doing a little at a time. It's too overwhelming to look at the whole project, so I'm setting attainable daily goals, and actually making progress.
I'm on my second knitting project this week, and I think my only real resolution for this year is to finish one knitting project a month. In the last couple years of my opiate use knitting made me nod off after a few minutes, so nothing ever got finished, or even really started for that matter. Then it took me a long time after getting off pills before I could focus well enough to be able to knit, so being able to get back into it now feels kind of like a gift or reward.
I did have an out of nowhere, and really strong craving for opiates a couple days ago. I haven't been able to figure out where it came from, and I haven't identified any kind of triggers at all, so I really don't know what to make of it. I have nowhere to get pills anymore, so I don't think I could have followed through on the urge even if I'd tried to, but still, it really caught me off guard.
I hope all of you are doing well today.
PS. I still want to go to Australia, even if the bugs are as big as me.
Old 01-13-2016, 12:15 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Obo, I forgot to ask, how is baby Anna doing?
Old 01-13-2016, 02:18 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Same fear of spiders here Free.....and we don't have big ones but black widows & brown recluse.

lmaolmao Adna.....I would definitely do bad ass boots too!

Good for you not giving into the cravings....your doing so well & nice that you are doing the things you enjoy like knitting. you are smart to just work a bit at a time with the organizing, you will get there!

I would like to start refinishing or refurbishing furniture...but I just think about it & don't do it. I've been in "stuck mode" here hibernating the las couple of days. The back definitely feeling better so cancelled appt.
Old 01-13-2016, 02:26 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  
Administrator

Generally the rule is the bigger they are the more harmless -isn't that right Obo?

Spiders I'm ok with.,..snakes and meeces...not so much

Adna - I got out of nowhere thoughts for a while..I brushed them aside and kept moving forward...I was OK and I know you will be too

D
Old 01-13-2016, 09:48 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I have to admit, I'm scared to look at my Powerball tickets. I wish I could say that I'm afraid that I won but I know it's more afraid that I didn't, it could solve so many problems.
Old 01-13-2016, 10:56 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Great to hear your back has improved Mariah.

Adna, I have a knitting project waiting for some time and attention too. It's a jumper that I knitted, that I then pulled out because I didn't like it. It's waiting to become a different jumper now. The stupid thing is, I could really do with a thick jumper at the moment. By the time I get round to it, it will be summer.

UP, good luck with the ticket!

Have a great day all.
Old 01-14-2016, 01:22 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freein14 View Post

Adna, I have a knitting project waiting for some time and attention too. It's a jumper that I knitted, that I then pulled out because I didn't like it. It's waiting to become a different jumper now. The stupid thing is, I could really do with a thick jumper at the moment. By the time I get round to it, it will be summer.

Up,..no worries man,.... Unless you live in Fla, Tenn. or Ca. ..... it doesn't look good for our April Class on the lotto !??
Maybe we won a measley 1,000,000. by matching 5 numbers though.

I'm so,ooo glad this expected prize surpassed 1 Billion ,.. creating a new ( and improved ) baseline playing requirement now !!!

Hopefully it won't happen again for another 11 years. That's the last time being ever-so-slightly disappointed in myself for having blown 2 bucks on a ticket.

It's hard to say about these things though,.... could the drawing have had anything to do with the all time best space traveling dream I just had !?

In the dream, I was sitting on a ledge in space with who may be one of the founders of Google. No space suits or anything. Unforgettable scale and brilliant colors of the continents moving by below at incredible speed
Actually , it was the overwhelming feeling of exhilaration that I'd never experienced in a dream. For a few moments, it was like being a super hero.

I swear, it may have had something to do with a chance of winning that billion dollar lotto !?!
.....they clearly state the odds are: One in nearly 300 million .

With even zero inflation,...the dream was worth at least. 50 bucks !

Here we go again,......back to a *bag in the woods* retirement plan , ....
Old 01-14-2016, 08:11 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Wow! That must have been some good sleepy time tea TS

I hear you Up, a little extra wouldn't hurt right now.

Have a good day all
Old 01-14-2016, 12:43 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Great dream Tops. I've never had a space travel dream before. My best dreams involve flying around without a plane - I've never attempted to go beyond the atmosphere, but now you've shown it's safe, I'll give it a go next time!

Talking of which, I'm heading for an extra early night tonight, with a good book. Just need to fill my hot water bottle.

Hope everyone's had a good day - the weekend's almost here.
Old 01-14-2016, 12:57 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Enjoy your night free.

I really want to know what you guys take before bed to have those wonderful dreams. Mine mostly seem to be nightmares, the ones that I remember.

I didn't even win 2 dollars on the lottery. Oh well.

Hope you all are having a great day.