Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 24

Old 01-17-2016, 10:00 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  

The journey is as, if not more, important than the destination. Even if something feels unachievable, it doesn't mean that there's no point in taking steps towards it. On route, it's amazing how many other opportunities come in to the frame.

Don't hold back on your vision UP! You have no idea what you're capable of until you give something a go. Why not you?

I have a day off work tomorrow, so I thought I might spend some time clarifying my own vision - I might make up a " vision board" by way of inspiration.

I'll let you know how I get on. This could be fun UP!
Old 01-17-2016, 04:38 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

I have a gut feeling 2016 will prove a transitional year for our gang ,....thanks for the powerful motivation Freein !

Old 01-17-2016, 04:51 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I hope so top, I hope so.
Old 01-17-2016, 04:54 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Originally Posted by topspin View Post

I have a gut feeling 2016 will prove a transitional year for our gang ,....thanks for the powerful motivation Freein !

Are we still the April Fools or are we now the Little Rascals?
Old 01-17-2016, 11:21 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

I'm thinking the same thing Tops!

Have a great start to the week everyone.

(I'll try to post my vision board later)
Old 01-17-2016, 11:31 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

This last week has been tough....I'm generally a pretty optimistic person & this feeling of "unease" is....just that I guess. Anyway, I've been keeping myself busy for now & am going to get back to my exercise program this week....as Freein said , it seems to be significant to increased energy & sense of well being. I needed a break after the delivery stent, but may be what I'm missing here. Also back to meditation this week.....it's so simple yet so powerful, I don't know why I can't seem to make it a daily practice. I will be writing simple daily goals this week on the business/job end & see if that helps me to keep moving forward there.

Thanks for all the encouragement & support this last week....means so much to me
Old 01-17-2016, 11:32 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Good week to you too Freein!!!
Old 01-17-2016, 11:33 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  
Administrator

(((Mariah))) Hope this week is better - you too UP

UP...

Old 01-18-2016, 03:58 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Mariah, you're starting something new and unfamiliar, that feeling of uncertainty is bound to be in the background. Just keep focused on your next step. What you're doing is inspiring all of those around you. I've never read the book but the title "feel the fear and do it anyway" comes to mind.

Definitely get back to your exercise and meditation, you need consistent energy to ride this wave.

Old 01-18-2016, 08:18 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Dee, how can I find out how to post a picture of my vision board? It might be too big a file, in which case no worries.
Old 01-18-2016, 12:24 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Free, you can go to photobucket.com and create a free account and upload it there. Then get the direct link from photobucket and click the box that looks like a mountain and sun.

If you need any other help just ask.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 01-18-2016, 01:00 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Thanks UP, I'll give that a go tomorrow
Old 01-19-2016, 01:39 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I need an off switch for my mind.

I tried listening to relaxation audio for 3 hours with no luck.

Hope everyone has / had a good night's sleep.
Old 01-19-2016, 01:52 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  
Administrator

I found things got better with my racing brain over time UP.

I think the relaxation stuff is probably worth pursuing?

D
Old 01-19-2016, 02:15 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I'm not giving up on it Dee, just for tonight. I'm wondering if it did sort of work because I'm not tired.
It's almost like when I was in my late teens early twenties. I would work all day, come home and be tired and lie down for about an hour with my eyes closed but still awake then go go out partying most of the night with the guys.

I've had the racing brain thing all of my life, just try to deal with it.
Old 01-19-2016, 02:26 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Thanks for the great Martin Luther King Jr quote Dee,

...never read that one.

Well, ....... guess I'm not the only one still awake at 5:20 !??

Feels wonderful to have another week in the bag. The next couple of days will be perfect weather to burn all the new sticks and leaves. Winter is officially here ! brrrrrr,.
Old 01-19-2016, 09:20 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Tops, I was awake, just at work (does that count as sleep I wonder?)

It's been a good day. I'm focusing on the good stuff about my job, and it really does help to keep morale up. I'm still not in the "loving work" camp yet, but it's definitely a step up from how I felt before Christmas.

Glad to be home in front of the fire though.

Hope you managed to get some quality sleep UP.
Old 01-19-2016, 09:46 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freein14 View Post
Tops, I was awake, just at work (does that count as sleep I wonder?)

Old 01-19-2016, 08:25 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Hi April Peeps just chillin here at home....sitting in front of the fireplace with Granddaughter dog next to me. I was given a huge ham a few days ago so came home this afternoon & made homemade mac & cheese & ham, cut the rest off the bone to make scalloped potatoes & ham tomorrow & started the ham bone for bean & ham soup.....a real Martha Stewart I am

Have been praying about the job/work situation....did some job searching yesterday & today......I just do not have the resources or finances to put into the business venture right now. I did talk to someone a couple of weeks ago at a new memory care facility just down the street from where I live & they need caregivers.....they train & I would work 3, 12 hr shifts. I told her I would like to give it some thought & I think it might be what I will do. I would most likely work weekends so would still be available to clean for PM company & maybe build some clientele up but know I have a steady paycheck coming in. Not great wages, but nothing is around here & I think it is something I would enjoy doing & be good at. I saw a job posting yesterday for a position in the line of work I have been doing over the last 15 years but after praying & thinking on it, I just don't think that is what is best for me any more....not with my anxiety as it is. Anyway, I've asked God to "lead the way" with this, while trying to do my part.

This is really a new time in my life.....sobriety, longest time without a job (except when boys were babies), parenting days all but behind me now with youngest one 17 1/2. My parenting years have spanned 32 years without a break because of the age difference between them, so it is very strange & between the job & change with that, I think I am definitely feeling......a little lost I'm sober though, over 2 months now & I know that no matter what, staying sober is at the top of my to do list. I hope you are all having a good week
Old 01-19-2016, 08:53 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

It's a good thing you are on the other side of the country Mariah, otherwise I would have to stop by to visit at dinner time.

I hope the job front works out for all of us. You are right, your sobriety is very important, you don't want to take a job that might endanger that.

It's cold here and now my heat is acting up. Fortunately it is working, just not real well. I think the thermostat is acting up, guess I'll be doing some electrical work tomorrow.
We are supposed to get a major snow storm the end of the week. People are already going nuts at the grocery store.

Hope you all are having a good week.