Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 24

Old 01-29-2016, 08:10 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Well, today was a waste.
I fell asleep last night around 10:30 and woke up around 2:30 am. I was up until around 7:00 am and slept until 1 pm.
I guess I needed it, I'm getting over a stomach bug that has been giving me trouble. I just hope I can get to sleep tonight, going to take some melatonin soon.

In for the bargain.
Old 01-29-2016, 08:44 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

I hope you sleep too Up & feeling better. home on Friday not as usual it's raining still so I guess it's a nice place to be although there's a good band playing down the street tonight I wouldn't mind seeing but doubt I'll go. Need to rest up for Grandson tomorrow. Night All
Old 01-29-2016, 11:21 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Great work on getting your taxes done yesterday Mariah. That's a notoriously tedious job to do.

It's good that your getting some sleep now, UP. I've heard that some people seem to thrive on 2 blocks of 4 hours. They seem to have a wake break for an hour or so, then get back to sleep. I hope your sleep pattern improves. Good luck at the docs on Monday.

My mission is to bake a vegan fruit cake today. I'm not a great cake eater, but I promised to bake something to take to my parents tomorrow, as it will be my birthday! I've seen a recipe on line, that has only three ingredients - that would be my choice, but I think Dad might object to there being no sugar, so I'm going for a multi ingredient option.

I'll let you know how it turns out.

Have a great day all.
Old 01-30-2016, 04:42 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday Freein !!
Old 01-30-2016, 08:33 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Happy Birthday Freein
Old 01-30-2016, 11:22 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Happy Birthday free. So, what's this ... 24?
Old 01-30-2016, 04:55 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  
Administrator

Many Happy Returns Freein

D
Old 01-30-2016, 10:48 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Thank you every one!

The cake looks and smells OK, I'll try it with afternoon tea at my parents.

After a certain age (24, UP?) birthdays just seem to come and go. But I do have tomorrow off work as a treat and I am looking forward to a year of positive changes. Particularly April, which will mark 2 years free from alcohol!

Just finished a workout, ready to hit the road when I've finished my tea.

Hope everyone's having a great weekend.
Old 01-31-2016, 07:51 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Trying to remember exactly when that "certain age" was for me Freein ?
I'm guessin' 47,....probably too drunk at 49 to know the difference.
So grateful those days are history !

Called an old friend last night to discover he's just getting moved out of intensive care today. Doesn't look good, ...

Off to help some folks move some stuff they've had in storage. I wonder if their story is more common than I'd thought. After working 46 years, he was a well respected architect who suffered a traumatic head injury from a twenty foot fall two years ago and they've lost every financial asset ,... savings, house , cars, ..

Gonna take a preemptive ibuprofen and hook the trailer up ,....

Got to post and dash,...only 6 hours before work !?!
Old 01-31-2016, 08:39 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  

I'm sorry to hear about both your friends situations Tops. However hard we work, there's really no guarantees in this life.

As I see my Mum's mental health deteriorate, I'm just so grateful for the years I've had the privilege to have known her. Love is the most precious thing, and it comes in many forms, and in unexpected ways.

As you can see, I've been a bit reflective today!

Hope everyone's doing well.
Old 01-31-2016, 05:05 PM
  # 271 (permalink)  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FREEIN.....!!!!!!

Old 01-31-2016, 07:01 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I'm sorry free, was I wrong? You must be turning 25 then.

It's sad when things happen to our loved ones and there is nothing we can do about it.
Old 01-31-2016, 07:23 PM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Tops: That's the worry isn't it, that all can be taken from you....

Watched the big short, on putlocker (good copy), what a great movie....

Getting out of the way of the banks seems to be the best way to TRY and avoid total collapse if something goes wrong....

Flu/cold fading now, smoking didn't help the recovery process. Giving up seems to be the next step for better health!

Hope all are well................!

stay tuned.......................
Old 01-31-2016, 11:34 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Thanks Obo

I'll settle for 25 UP, (I wish!)

Obo, sounds like you might be ready to kick the smoking this year, that would amazing. This could be an incredible year, especially if you manage to move back to Oz too.

I have a day off work today, I'll be catching up on a few nice things here, like playing the piano, updating my goals list and making soup! Who could ask for more?

Hope everyone has a great start to the week.
Old 02-01-2016, 01:01 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  
Administrator

sorry about your friend Tops.

D
Old 02-01-2016, 11:24 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

So, I saw the doctor today ... I felt like an addict talking to someone about their addiction. It was like she wasn't even hearing me. She recommended that I go see a psychologist, which I will do. She just dismissed the concerns that I had, saying "oh ... Dr Google".

I had also came across some information about adrenal fatigue which a lot of my symptoms match. One home test for it is to lie down and take your blood pressure then stand up and take your blood pressure. Your blood pressure should rise when you stand up, mine drops. I even asked her blatantly if your blood pressure should increase when you stand and she said that it should but then ignored it.
And people would ask why I don't like to go to the doctor.

Perhaps it's not worth fighting anymore. It would be nice to have things go right once.

Sorry for the depressing post but ...
Old 02-01-2016, 01:38 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

I'm sorry Doc was not helpful today UP......I can understand how frustrated you feel today.....you should push her on the matter....it is up to us sometimes to get someone to listen when they are NOT! I had a doc appt this am, just another yearly exam & they will be doing the ultra sound tomorrow afternoon. My anxiety is off the chart & blood pressure was 170 something over 93. I discussed worsening anxiety with her & she asked about councilling & I told her I was working on it. Just give me a flipping chill pill, seriously I'm feeling on the edge. I'm basically willing myself out of my house when I absolutely have to go...even made myself to & stay out a bit after my appt & glad to be back home now. The sun is shining so I will go sit out back for a bit...sure it will help. Having a really hard time emotionally right now. thanks for listening
Old 02-01-2016, 02:48 PM
  # 278 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I hope your appointment tomorrow goes better than mine did today Mariah. I hope you get some good news tomorrow but knowing the way the health system works they won't tell you anything and you'll have to wait for the doctor. That's what happened with me when they were checking out the kidney stones before, I asked about it and they told me that they can't tell me anything and I'll have to talk with my doctor.

I'm not sure if I will push her or just find another doctor.

Good luck Mariah and I hope you can get your mind off of it.
Old 02-01-2016, 02:55 PM
  # 279 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

TS, I hope things are better for your friend. What's the plans for the days off?

Thanks Up. Looks like we're both in the same spot with needing to do some councilling work. I followed up today with new patient paperwork to get started at new place that has mental health. He said he would call me this afternoon. Tag...your next...we should do this together
Old 02-01-2016, 04:20 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Yea, but that would be a LONG commute.
I'm not saying that counseling won't help, if I can get past my trust issues.
I have a feeling that a lot of my issues are physical though.

How are things going top?