Notices

Class of November 2015 Part 8

Old 01-10-2016, 09:04 AM
  # 401 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
Sounds like a great evening Fabat!!! I love Top Gun!

Take my breath awaaaaayyyyy......

Lol
lol I am sure feeling blessed that I took the exit off of...

.. the highway to the danger zone!
Old 01-10-2016, 10:04 AM
  # 402 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fabat50 View Post
lol I am sure feeling blessed that I took the exit off of... .. the highway to the danger zone!
Lol
Old 01-10-2016, 10:06 AM
  # 403 (permalink)  

Where is everyone today?

HELLO...HELLo.....HELlo....HEllo...Hello....hello

(((ECHO)))

Haha.

I'm off to my daughters basketball game. I hope everyone is doing well!
Old 01-10-2016, 10:26 AM
  # 404 (permalink)  

Hi Kiki
Old 01-10-2016, 11:25 AM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Hi Kiki, hi Patricia, D, Bbf, fabat etc.

Am here. Getting ready to flex my fingers... Other than that, just had Sunday roast dinner. And fed the ducks today. One of my fave sober activities ha ha.
Old 01-10-2016, 11:31 AM
  # 406 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by snowvelvet View Post
Hi Kiki, hi Patricia, D, Bbf, fabat etc.

Am here. Getting ready to flex my fingers... Other than that, just had Sunday roast dinner. And fed the ducks today. One of my fave sober activities ha ha.
I miss those Sunday lunches so much. Did you have Yorkshire Puds?
Old 01-10-2016, 11:45 AM
  # 407 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. .. hope u all and a.lovely weekend all sober and lush! I was really happy this weekend... it's quite amazing. . Dont remember feeling like that for so long. .. when I'd felt that happy before I'd have a drink or 3... and i now belive the incipient creeping effect of that was to overall bring me down on a daily basis. Even if I didn't get drunk, and I rarely got hangovers. .. I just think it coloured the background black....
So today I felt happy and didn't want to drink! Wow.... I think my husband is feeling it too... he hasn't drank for 18 days... so he was quite chipper too! We went to the cinema and ate out... took the kids to wagamamma for the 1st time, quite cheap with no alcohol!!!
Maybe the road is a pleasant one, for now.... must be vigilant!

And I wanted to share to give back up evidence to you all and hope if u are struggling. ... we drank for 20 years together and now we are learning to be sober together, rebuilding stonger after the recent total disasters....That was always my hope, and I could almost be brought to pray that it continues! (Hope none thinks I am showing off, it's not like a dreamy romance movie or anything... just normal and quite happy)...

5 more days till next weekend.. I didn't win the the 60 million, but I did win 2 tickets to the local panto next sat, so me and my little girl are going.... happy days
Old 01-10-2016, 11:45 AM
  # 408 (permalink)  

Yorkshires are the greatest! !!
Old 01-10-2016, 02:22 PM
  # 409 (permalink)  

Hi all!

Patricia, nice to see you - how are things with your anxiety?

Enfin, it's great to hear about your progress! I remember your first post and how desperate you sounded. It's amazing how things can change when we stay away from drinking.

Hello Kiki, I am here Hope that you had fun at you daughters baskeball game!

My day has been like..."meh". It's just still a lot of ups and downs...I have been reading a lot though, which is a nice change since my drinking years. Before that I was reading all the time, but while drunk I never could finish a page...of course. So small steps, trying to enjoy things in that peaceful manner I used to be able to. To step away from these constant rushes of artificial happiness and deepest despair.

Take care of yourselves!
Old 01-10-2016, 02:31 PM
  # 410 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dallow View Post

Patricia, nice to see you - how are things with your anxiety?
Hi Dallow, I'm not having a good day today. I feel waves of panic all through the day.
Old 01-10-2016, 02:38 PM
  # 411 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by patricia68 View Post
Hi Dallow, I'm not having a good day today. I feel waves of panic all through the day.
I am sorry to hear that, Patricia. Are you taking care of yourself? I try to go out walking when the anxiety hits me, doesn't always help but at least I get some air.

I know things have been difficult with your husband. I don't know where you stand now, but I hope you keep focusing on your sobriety and well being. He probably has to realise his own problems, before you can talk properly together.

Anyway, I hope the day is not too rough on you and that you can stay strong!
Old 01-10-2016, 02:43 PM
  # 412 (permalink)  

And I must say one thing, time really is healing some things!

I haven't stayed sober since I first joined this class, but I have avoided those awful embarrasing drunken histories since september. That is huge progress if I look at my track record.

Some memories still haunts me, but less so than before. With time, I am no longer so obsessed with past mistakes. I am not trying to forget, but realising that those mistakes don't define who I am or who I can be in the future.

Thank you novemberist, for helping me all this time!
Old 01-10-2016, 03:04 PM
  # 413 (permalink)  

Checking in day 10! Had a restful sober weekend. I've not been feeling well. I think I am fighting a bug. The pinched nerve in my neck is acting up too. My AV is starting to act up....shut it down. This is part of the cycle I need to break. Hope you are all well!
Old 01-10-2016, 03:59 PM
  # 414 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by patricia68 View Post
Hi Kiki
Hi Patricia! You hanging in there today?
Old 01-10-2016, 03:59 PM
  # 415 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by snowvelvet View Post
Hi Kiki, hi Patricia, D, Bbf, fabat etc. Am here. Getting ready to flex my fingers... Other than that, just had Sunday roast dinner. And fed the ducks today. One of my fave sober activities ha ha.
Mmmmm! I have a roast in the oven myself! Smells great in my house! :-)
Old 01-10-2016, 04:00 PM
  # 416 (permalink)  

My roast will be ready in an hour if you wanna come over! Haha
Old 01-10-2016, 04:01 PM
  # 417 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by enfinthechange View Post
Hi everyone. .. hope u all and a.lovely weekend all sober and lush! I was really happy this weekend... it's quite amazing. . Dont remember feeling like that for so long. .. when I'd felt that happy before I'd have a drink or 3... and i now belive the incipient creeping effect of that was to overall bring me down on a daily basis. Even if I didn't get drunk, and I rarely got hangovers. .. I just think it coloured the background black.... So today I felt happy and didn't want to drink! Wow.... I think my husband is feeling it too... he hasn't drank for 18 days... so he was quite chipper too! We went to the cinema and ate out... took the kids to wagamamma for the 1st time, quite cheap with no alcohol!!! Maybe the road is a pleasant one, for now.... must be vigilant! And I wanted to share to give back up evidence to you all and hope if u are struggling. ... we drank for 20 years together and now we are learning to be sober together, rebuilding stonger after the recent total disasters....That was always my hope, and I could almost be brought to pray that it continues! (Hope none thinks I am showing off, it's not like a dreamy romance movie or anything... just normal and quite happy)... 5 more days till next weekend.. I didn't win the the 60 million, but I did win 2 tickets to the local panto next sat, so me and my little girl are going.... happy days
I'm so happy you're happy! Whatever you're doing...keep doing it enfin! :-)
Old 01-10-2016, 04:04 PM
  # 418 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dallow View Post
Hi all! Patricia, nice to see you - how are things with your anxiety? Enfin, it's great to hear about your progress! I remember your first post and how desperate you sounded. It's amazing how things can change when we stay away from drinking. Hello Kiki, I am here Hope that you had fun at you daughters baskeball game! My day has been like..."meh". It's just still a lot of ups and downs...I have been reading a lot though, which is a nice change since my drinking years. Before that I was reading all the time, but while drunk I never could finish a page...of course. So small steps, trying to enjoy things in that peaceful manner I used to be able to. To step away from these constant rushes of artificial happiness and deepest despair. Take care of yourselves!
You're doing great Dallow! Keep pushing through. I promise every day you are sober is a little bit better!!!

Think about it...if sobriety was miserable, no one would ever stay sober! And there are millions of sober & happy alcoholics.

:-)
Old 01-10-2016, 04:05 PM
  # 419 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rah555 View Post
Checking in day 10! Had a restful sober weekend. I've not been feeling well. I think I am fighting a bug. The pinched nerve in my neck is acting up too. My AV is starting to act up....shut it down. This is part of the cycle I need to break. Hope you are all well!
Shut up AV!!! Leave rah alone!

You're doing great & I hope you feel better soon!!!
Old 01-10-2016, 04:32 PM
  # 420 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
Hi Patricia! You hanging in there today?
Not having a good day. I think I am too scared to ask for help. Scared of disappointing.