Notices

Class of November 2015 Part 8

Old 01-08-2016, 03:21 PM
  # 361 (permalink)  

Checking in day 8...feeling good. Jumped a hurdle tonight...went out to dinner w my hubby, drank raspberry unsweetened iced tea. Had to sit in the bar bc my husband insisted. Oh well, I made it through!!
Old 01-08-2016, 03:59 PM
  # 362 (permalink)  

Sorry for the tough times patricia and golden sands.
Old 01-08-2016, 04:06 PM
  # 363 (permalink)  

Old drinking buddy texted "bought a bottle of Bogle want to come play?" Ack! Have barely spoke to her in the last year. My guess is she's only texing because she is already half crocked. I turned her down. But dang, out of nowhere!
Old 01-08-2016, 04:10 PM
  # 364 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RedAndy View Post
Hi Kiki, doing good thanks hope you are too, except for a rather painful tooth that is from root canal treatment on Wednesday. Got to agree with you re not wanting to numb anything - altho possibly the tooth could do with that at present :-) !! So much better with a clear head, glad that Christmas and New Year has now come and gone, the last 2 years I have been off everything for January & February so kind of makes it a little easier, will have to ensure no complacency kicks in tho. Enjoy the dance SM, much better interacting with the children without always thinking of ourselves and a beer. My daughter asked why I didn't drink at all over Christmas and then said "I much prefer you like this Dad" that's more than enough for me - I much prefer it too. Have a good day everyone.
I hope your tooth feels better ASAP Andy! You're doing great!!!
Old 01-08-2016, 04:14 PM
  # 365 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Missy7 View Post
Congratulations marathon. I have missed events for my grandchildren, I didn't start really drinking until my kids left home, but I have managed to do something sober on occasion. And it's really special. I'm checking in on day six. My diet is saving me. I have begun to lose weight which I really need to do and at the hub which is screwed that up. So stay strong people
Hey Missy! I'm glad you are doing well! :-)
Old 01-08-2016, 04:19 PM
  # 366 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GoldenSands View Post
Oh man oh man guys, i fell off. Dec 27 my husband told me he wants a divorce, out of the blue.I Ive gotten drunk like 3 times since. I am feeling so, so so terrible about myself right now. I am a terrible mother for drinking. Drinking at night makes me feel less alone, less bored, less stressed, less worried. But the next day its all 100x worse as we all know. So that is what I am dealing with today- anxiety through the roof and just feeling like the worst person in the entire world. So worried. about everything. But i'm back and hopefully can stay on track. Wondering how you all have been doing since I wandered away from the group..
I'm so sorry to hear this but am so glad you are back!!! We missed you!!!
Old 01-08-2016, 04:25 PM
  # 367 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by enfinthechange View Post
Sorry to hear about people's sad situations. ... I can see how it makes u want to drink, but that isn't going to make things better... I am trying to believe that! I feel today like to have an insatiable desire for something, a hunger... a craving g I guess... but a physical one. .. it's Friday feeling but no relief. The excitement of Friday often lead to much beer... and now there is none... so the nagging hunger is still here.... food, tea, cuddles with kids... still there. I don't like it. One bit..... And can't work out why! 8 days with nothing and 37/42 past days with nothing... why is this occurring? Arghhhhhh Hope everyone else is strong and finding roads to happiness. .. I like the dad daughter dance, sounds cool! Xx
Hi enfin,

In AA they call what you're feeling "restless, irritable & discontent". The solution is a recovery program. It doesn't have to be AA. Have you thought about working a program?

I think it's great that you came here to tell on your AV! Tell your AV to shush!!!!!!!

Hang in there!
Old 01-08-2016, 04:28 PM
  # 368 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I'm really sorry Golden Sands - I am very glad you're back tho Friday was a really big day for me for a lot of years...it took some time for that to change, but it did If anyone feels like they need a reward or something to look forward to, then why not think of something positive to do on a Friday night? D
I agree with Dee about trying to find something positive to do on a Friday night. I'm at the high school basketball game with my daughter & her friend right now (waiting for the game to start) and then we are gonna get pizza. I'm actually having a great time!!! :-)
Old 01-08-2016, 04:32 PM
  # 369 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rah555 View Post
Checking in day 8...feeling good. Jumped a hurdle tonight...went out to dinner w my hubby, drank raspberry unsweetened iced tea. Had to sit in the bar bc my husband insisted. Oh well, I made it through!!
Hey Rah!!! 8 days!!! Woohoo!!!
Old 01-08-2016, 04:34 PM
  # 370 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bblackbirdflyy View Post
Old drinking buddy texted "bought a bottle of Bogle want to come play?" Ack! Have barely spoke to her in the last year. My guess is she's only texing because she is already half crocked. I turned her down. But dang, out of nowhere!
How miserable for her!!! Aren't you glad you don't drink anymore? Yuck!!!

You are doing amazing!!!
Old 01-08-2016, 04:36 PM
  # 371 (permalink)  
Administrator

You made the right choice hands down BBF

D
Old 01-08-2016, 04:38 PM
  # 372 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by patricia68 View Post
Perfect description ultradad. And drinking is never going to be a pleasant experience anymore.
You're so right Patricia! Drinking will never ever ever be fun again...

How are you??? Thinking of you and hoping today was a better day. :-)
Old 01-08-2016, 04:41 PM
  # 373 (permalink)  

You made the right choice hands down BBF

D
Yes, she started to insist (like she does) saying that I didn't have to have any. "Just come enjoy the fire" yeah right. Heading over there would be a death sentence for my sobriety.
Old 01-08-2016, 04:44 PM
  # 374 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post

I liked this portion of your post too patricia. What was enjoyable about drinking has morphed into something very dark indeed. We can't ever go back.
Old 01-08-2016, 04:47 PM
  # 375 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Missy7 View Post
Congratulations marathon. I have missed events for my grandchildren, I didn't start really drinking until my kids left home, but I have managed to do something sober on occasion. And it's really special.

I'm checking in on day six. My diet is saving me. I have begun to lose weight which I really need to do and at the hub which is screwed that up. So stay strong people
Hey missy! My diet is a good aid as well. Don't want to waste those precious calories on booze. :-)
Old 01-08-2016, 05:01 PM
  # 376 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post

I'm still feeling very low. I wish I could have a good cry. So much suppressed sadness and anger, I don't even know how to cry anymore...
Old 01-08-2016, 05:38 PM
  # 377 (permalink)  

I'm really sorry Golden Sands - I am very glad you're back tho

Friday was a really big day for me for a lot of years...it took some time for that to change, but it did

If anyone feels like they need a reward or something to look forward to, then why not think of something positive to do on a Friday night?

D
I find the gym on a Friday night is a great place - always pretty quiet too and a great boost for the weekend - didn't make it this evening tho due to the tooth.
Old 01-08-2016, 09:05 PM
  # 378 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by patricia68 View Post
I'm still feeling very low. I wish I could have a good cry. So much suppressed sadness and anger, I don't even know how to cry anymore...
:-( Still praying...
Old 01-09-2016, 06:42 AM
  # 379 (permalink)  

Hey guys!

It's snowing here, it's a beautiful day and I am getting ready to go to a concert. Trying to find some nice outfit in my wardrobe, but...seems like nothing is fitting anymore. I simply got fatter. No wonder when I've spent so many days just sitting on the couch drinking - only moving to get more. To think I used to run four days a week...And walk for 45 minutes to work. To be honest, I am surprised I haven't gained even more weight.

It's just a superficial thing, but it really got my good mood down. I feel like a tragic figure when I see all those nice things I used to wear back in 2013. When I still was out, smiling.

End of pity-party, I have to go. I've found something that's good enough and I will work my way back. One day I will wear all those things again, go out and smile. I will show my pathetic self who I used to be!

Have a great day sober day guys!
Old 01-09-2016, 07:31 AM
  # 380 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dallow View Post
Hey guys!

It's snowing here, it's a beautiful day and I am getting ready to go to a concert. Trying to find some nice outfit in my wardrobe, but...seems like nothing is fitting anymore. I simply got fatter. No wonder when I've spent so many days just sitting on the couch drinking - only moving to get more. To think I used to run four days a week...And walk for 45 minutes to work. To be honest, I am surprised I haven't gained even more weight.

It's just a superficial thing, but it really got my good mood down. I feel like a tragic figure when I see all those nice things I used to wear back in 2013. When I still was out, smiling.

End of pity-party, I have to go. I've found something that's good enough and I will work my way back. One day I will wear all those things again, go out and smile. I will show my pathetic self who I used to be!

Have a great day sober day guys!
Be patient! I can't remember how many does sober you are (?) but the weight loss will eventually kick in. My fat seems to be melting away daily in front of my own eyes. It is such a "healthy" buzz! You will be back in those amazing outfits in no time! I wish it would snow here! Keep going.