Notices

Class of November 2015 Part 8

Old 01-11-2016, 04:45 AM
  # 441 (permalink)  

50-day check-in post!!!

Thanks to everyone in this class who helped me pick myself up off the floor and start living a better life. I wouldn't have been able to make it this far into sobriety without this place. Even just the accountability and daily reminders I get from sharing or reading about your journeys makes it real.

Enjoy the day everyone!
Old 01-11-2016, 04:54 AM
  # 442 (permalink)  

Congratulations on Day 50 SM
Old 01-11-2016, 05:14 AM
  # 443 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberMarathon View Post
50-day check-in post!!!

Thanks to everyone in this class who helped me pick myself up off the floor and start living a better life. I wouldn't have been able to make it this far into sobriety without this place. Even just the accountability and daily reminders I get from sharing or reading about your journeys makes it real.

Enjoy the day everyone!
Congrats SM!!!!

That's so awesome, you truly deserve it!
Old 01-11-2016, 06:58 AM
  # 444 (permalink)  

Morning everyone!!! I got a great start to the day so far! I promised myself I would start going to bed earlier & getting up earlier to go to the gym. Guess where I am? The GYM riding the exercise bike as I type this! Apparently I am supposed to feel good when I leave the gym...we shall see! Haha!

Congrats to SM on 50 days! Woo hoo!!!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-11-2016, 07:03 AM
  # 445 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
Morning everyone!!! I got a great start to the day so far! I promised myself I would start going to bed earlier & getting up earlier to go to the gym. Guess where I am? The GYM riding the exercise bike as I type this! Apparently I am supposed to feel good when I leave the gym...we shall see! Haha!

Congrats to SM on 50 days! Woo hoo!!!

Have a great day everyone!
I don't think this group reminds you enough of how grateful we are for you KiKi! You're one amazing person, sobriety looks good on you : )

Rock On!
Old 01-11-2016, 07:28 AM
  # 446 (permalink)  

^^^^^^^^^ KiKi
Old 01-11-2016, 07:45 AM
  # 447 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Olivia2011 View Post
^^^^^^^^^ KiKi
Woolhope for Kiki. .. and for you all, your posts really make a difference, all of you mwha x
Old 01-11-2016, 07:48 AM
  # 448 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by enfinthechange View Post

Woolhope for Kiki. .. and for you all, your posts really make a difference, all of you mwha x
Woolhope. ...was supposed to say woooohoooo. .. hahahha
Old 01-11-2016, 07:58 AM
  # 449 (permalink)  

Morning, All!

SM, congratulations on 50 days! The hard work is paying off keep it up!

Kiki, well done getting to the gym! I always feel better after a gym sesh too. You rock!!

Patricia, I hope things went well with your doctor today. You have so much support here; we are all rooting for you. You can get better. I know it! (((Patricia)))

To everyone else, I hope the week is starting off well! I had a really productive weekend with two great AA meetings. I'm so grateful to have you guys on my sober team
Old 01-11-2016, 08:19 AM
  # 450 (permalink)  

Thanks guys! You guys mean ALOT to me! Since say 1 you guys have been here helping me & cheering me on when I have bad days.

Fortunately, the longer I'm sober the less bad days I have. :-)
Old 01-11-2016, 08:46 AM
  # 451 (permalink)  

Congrats on 50 days SM! That is a huge accomplishment!
Old 01-11-2016, 08:55 AM
  # 452 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by learntofly View Post
Congrats on 50 days SM! That is a huge accomplishment!
50 days, half century! Boom!
Old 01-11-2016, 09:34 AM
  # 453 (permalink)  

Well done sobermarathon. 50 days is fantastic!

Woop woop!

I have to say, I quite liked Woolhope, it sounds like positivity in preparing for winter.
Old 01-11-2016, 09:36 AM
  # 454 (permalink)  

Nice work, SoberMarathon! 50 is awesome, you are doing great!

Kiki, good job for going to the gym! I am thinking of going myself today, it's been a while but I have to push myself, I know I will feel so much better after!
Old 01-11-2016, 10:34 AM
  # 455 (permalink)  

Thank you so much guys. I've been reading all your posts and messages. There's so much love and compassion here.
I couldn't see my Dr today, she had to cancel for some emergency. I hope I can get to see her this week.
AV is talking on and off.
I managed a bit of meditation in the morning and a small nap. I don't know what I'm going to do until my boy comes home from school this sfternoon. But I won't go back to bed, too much time in bed is not good either...
Thank you for listening and for all your support...
Old 01-11-2016, 12:21 PM
  # 456 (permalink)  

I'm beating myself up today. I know it's not helpful...I am just frustrated. I know I improved a lot since I first joined SR. But I keep struggling, I keep reaching for a drink after 5-6 weeks sober. I keep thinking there's no hope for me. I keep thinking that the best years of my life are over and all there's left is just to survive. I keep slipping even though I know the consequences are more anxiety and depression. I'm determined until my heart starts pounding and a wave of panic paralyzes me and I reach for the easy quick solution. I am my own worst enemy...
Old 01-11-2016, 12:23 PM
  # 457 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tufty13 View Post
Well done sobermarathon. 50 days is fantastic!

Woop woop!

I have to say, I quite liked Woolhope, it sounds like positivity in preparing for winter.
Yeah... or a quaint old manor house in the country near a wood with a log fire and lots of tea! And the positivity 😀
Old 01-11-2016, 12:25 PM
  # 458 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by patricia68 View Post
I'm beating myself up today. I know it's not helpful...I am just frustrated. I know I improved a lot since I first joined SR. But I keep struggling, I keep reaching for a drink after 5-6 weeks sober. I keep thinking there's no hope for me. I keep thinking that the best years of my life are over and all there's left is just to survive. I keep slipping even though I know the consequences are more anxiety and depression. I'm determined until my heart starts pounding and a wave of panic paralyzes me and I reach for the easy quick solution. I am my own worst enemy...
It sucks indeed... but that's what the addiction wants you to do, so u don't leave it and it's claws get deeper... it's a total horrid beast! U beat it with a big stick . U win! U can do it! Much love
Old 01-11-2016, 12:45 PM
  # 459 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by patricia68 View Post
You are not alone! I am struggling with the same thing. It seems that I have accomplished the initial phase of abstinence but fail when some times passes. I start feeling confident and before you know it I'm back into the same ugly cycle. This time I am aware that I have another hurdle to jump...continued abstinence. I continually remind myself how much better I feel emotionally, mentally and physically; remind myself how much I like sober me better than drunk me, and I replay what can happen if I take that first drink, etc. so far it's helping. I have to take each challenging situation one at a time. Making a plan, avoiding trigger places, ordering soda it iced tea first before I hear other people's orders are things I am trying to do to overcome long term. Hang in there! We can do this!!
Old 01-11-2016, 01:06 PM
  # 460 (permalink)  

I'm finding it really tough here tonight guys. The most amazing storms virtually all day so I have not been out of the house. The dog is crawling the walls with frustration and all I can think about is a bottle of Chablis, a Xanax, and getting in to bed to surf the net... dating sites, Britain's got Talent, the Best of Fools and Horses and whatever other crap I used to do when I was drunk.

AV is saying "You are more than 2 months. You are amazing. You are not like all the other people on SR. You are one of those people who really can have one drink and then stop again. You are different. You are stronger than they are. Go on.. do it, do it"

Miserable