Notices

Class of October 2015 Part 5

Old 01-10-2016, 07:07 PM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Thank you, Dee : )
Congrats, Winslow!!!
Juno, you handled that situation very well! Good for you!
That's exciting about the trip, Midton!
I wanted to drink today. Fortunately I wanted to be sober more than I wanted to drink. As soon as that garage door closed today and significant other was gone, I was like I can drink as much as I want. That's what I always did when he would go out of town. I was like a teenager whose parents left for the weekend and it was time to party. But today I was like I am 32 years old, I am the adult here, and I have a kid who is watching my behavior. Do not drink. I had a feeling yesterday that I would have a craving today, so yesterday I set up a time to call my sponsor today. I cleaned compulsively, called her when I said I would, ran on the treadmill, and now I'm going to paint my nails. It's the plan I set up for myself yesterday, I have followed it exactly today, and it has kept me from drinking. Thank you all so much for the support!! I'm so glad yall are here for me : )
Old 01-10-2016, 08:20 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  

hi all
I joined SR a little over a year ago. I am determined to live a sober life. My last drink was october 3rd 2015, daughter's wedding. I will try to back read to catch up. I am hoping to join the oct group.
Old 01-10-2016, 09:21 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Sisterbobby,

Welcome,

This groups numbers may be few but those remaining seem limpet like. Great to have new support.
Old 01-10-2016, 09:50 PM
  # 244 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Sisterbobby

D
Old 01-11-2016, 01:24 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  

RIP David Bowie. Actually quite shocked by the suddenness of it. The first recorded I ever bought was Ashes to Ashes. Sounds great for my street cred but the same day I bought my second record and it was by Sheena Easton.
Old 01-11-2016, 06:01 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Hey all,welcome Sisterbobby😊 Midton,was sad about David Bowie's passing too,had a lot of great songs may he RIP,as far as the Sheena Easton record,yeah that's pretty embarrassing but hey I liked Air Supply,still do haha! Very embarrassing, Grizzly,is hubs moving for good or just for a bit?glad you didn't drink,I hate that feeling of wanting to rebel when we're alone,sheesh we're not teens anymore but that AV wants us to feel like we're getting away with something I guess,Juno,I hate when my peace is interuppted too,especially by the kids cuz you can't tell them to leave,hope everyone has a great Monday😊
Old 01-11-2016, 10:08 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Hi all, I too was shocked by the seeming sudden death of David Bowie. I guess he was ill for a while but kept it all very private. I was a HUGE Bowie fan in my early college years and had all his albums and a poster of him on my college dorm room wall. I was sad to hear this news and really respected him as a musician/artist. 69 seems young to go, may he rest in peace.

I had an interesting morning. I had lots of insomnia last night (I get it right around the first day of the "time of the month") - it's normal according to my doctor, but annoying. So because of my lack of sleep, I overslept and my son missed his bus, I had an appt. at the dentist and couldn't bring him right away, then my daughter had some health issues that I had to deal with and that took a lot of the day so my son never got to school and I never got to work and soon I have an appt. with my psychiatrist. The day is just one of those days.... may tomorrow be more productive!

Good news! I'm on Day 10 (again, but at least I'm back in double digits).

From now on, I will keep track on my own but just report to you guys whenever I hit a milestone day - like one that ends in a zero or a monthly anniversary. Sounds good? I'm in it for the long haul!
Old 01-11-2016, 05:24 PM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Welcome sisterbobby! Glad to have you here : )
Juno, that sounds like a hectic day!
David Bowie always scared me. It goes back to that movie The Neverending Story. That whole movie was weird, and he was in it, so I've associated him with that ever since I was a kid. May he rest in peace.
Winslow, he's military and is now stationed in Texas for atleast 2 years. Could be 3 or 4 years though, we never know until 3 to 6 months out when they're going to move him again.
I've made everything on time today. Got my kiddo to school, got to work, got him to swim practice, now I'm going to run then go back and pick him up. I got pulled over (first time since being sober) on the military post for a random check, and I didn't have anything to worry about! I was still nervous, but I guess that's normal. I really wanted to tell them "I'm not drunk!!" but I decided to keep that to myself for the time being. People aren't ususally that excited about being pulled over, but I was!
Old 01-11-2016, 06:10 PM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Haha Grizzly, I think you're too young to be a David Bowie fan! I just went down in my storage room and found an album of his from the 80's (Let's Dance). That was a big party album back in the day. I'm feeling a little old tonight and sad and nostalgic. I told my daughter that I was sad about David Bowie's death and she said, "I don't know him at all." Of course you don't - you're 17. The extent of her knowledge of David Bowie is that he was an inspiration for Gerard Way, one of her favorite singers (lead singer of My Chemical Romance). Funny.

Glad things are going well on your first day in the new routine, Grizzly. It's gonna be okay! I keep telling myself that!!

p.s. Welcome Sisterbobby!
Old 01-11-2016, 08:27 PM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Thank you, Juno!! : )
Old 01-12-2016, 05:42 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Good morning - I'm back in the routine and headed to work. Hope to start catching up on things and getting back in the swing. Yesterday was a really choppy day - loads of appointments - but it's behind me and today's a new day. Glad to be sober. I really like the feeling of not worrying about hangovers anymore!

In addition, I've been really trying to be strong about staying off Facebook. I have the account scheduled for deletion and as long as I don't log in before Jan. 16, it will be gone. There is no place for that nonsense in my life. I keep in touch with the people I want to keep in touch with - naturally and in more normal ways (even if email). There really should be less of everything in our lives. I'm even deciding not to respond to certain people when they text or email. Less is more.

That's my sermon for the day Take care everyone!
Old 01-12-2016, 05:42 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  

thank you, AV was calm last night, i normally never drank the night before I work so nights like last night goes by uneventful. Need to get in shower and to work I go.
Old 01-12-2016, 04:34 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Amen, Juno! : )
I woke up feeling yucky today. My boss has been really sick for a week but still come in everyday, and I told myself it would be a miracle if I don't catch it. Well I've got it today. Made it through work and my appointment at the mortgage company, I just feel so slow mentally and physically. I'm going to make dinner, feed the pets, and chill on the couch. I don't think I'm going to go to my usual 7:30 meeting tonight. It's good for me, but right now rest is better. That's about it for me today. I hope everyone had a good day!
Old 01-13-2016, 05:21 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Hey all,Grizzly I hate when coworkers insist on coming to work when they're sick! I usually always catch it,then the baby catches it,then hubs,grrr,takes forever to get rid of,customers do it too saying they've been sick and figured a haircut would make them feel better,gee thanks, still cruising along here,sleep is up and down as usual, I totally cut out diet soda cuz I truly now know that the artificial sweeteners are bad news due to experience, I'll stick with coffee and if I have a bad craving for soda I'll drink a small can of regular soda,I'm doing all these healthy things and it seems dumb to drink chemically sweetened soda,hope everyone is well, wish Sydney would at least say hi,have a wonderful Wednesday😊
Old 01-13-2016, 01:28 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  
Administrator

as long as it wasn't Shakin' Stevens, you're ok, Midton....

D
Old 01-13-2016, 05:53 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
as long as it wasn't Shakin' Stevens, you're ok, Midton....

D
No, Shakin'' Stevens but it must have around the same time I did buy Rockabilly Rebel by Matchbox or something.
Old 01-13-2016, 07:57 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Good for you, Winslow!
I woke up feeling bad this morning, but I went by Walgreens and got some medicine and it really helped. That just made me think of when I used to pop pain pills constantly so when I would take anything over the counter, it wouldn't even come close to working. So glad that's not me anymore!
It's been a good, productive, busy day today. I encountered a few people that smelled like booze in the mid-afternoon, and it was gross to me. It made me wonder how many people smelled that on me for years. It also made me so grateful that that's not me today. I'm finally home and in my jammies. Ready to crash after I check to see if I won the lottery! : )
Old 01-13-2016, 08:19 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Griz,

Before I quit I would become a bit paranoid about smelling, looking, appearing as if I had been drinking when I was drinking. I felt people could see into my soul and that they could tell drink affected me differently.

I remember going shopping, getting tired and waiting for my wife in a wine shop/ bar. Basically you could sit and taste wine then choose which one to buy. I had one small glass and could feel the nice warmth. Or it would have been nice had I not been in the middle of a department store. As I left the store I almost slipped ( it was in perceptible), a sober person might have done the same thing, but I felt everyone was looking at me thinking drunk.

Yip, the fun of the early days of drinking had long, long ago left the building.
Old 01-14-2016, 05:45 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Hi all, I'm good. I had a long winded post in mind but haven't had time to write it. Hopefully later. My life has been completely chaotic; I had to change sobriety date but all's good/okay in spite of everything. Will fill you in when I can!
Old 01-14-2016, 01:52 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  
Administrator

In spite of your reassurances your post has me worried Juno - check in when you can, ok?

D