Notices

Class of November 2015 Part 6

Old 12-15-2015, 06:52 AM
  # 361 (permalink)  

Congrats Kiki!
Old 12-15-2015, 07:06 AM
  # 362 (permalink)  

Congrats on 30 days pams! That's a huge accomplishment!
Old 12-15-2015, 07:06 AM
  # 363 (permalink)  

Thanks guys!!! You guys were instrumental in me getting my month!!! Off to meet my sponsor for lunch & an AA meeting to get my 1 month coin. :-)

Congrats pams!!!!!!!!
Old 12-15-2015, 07:19 AM
  # 364 (permalink)  

Congratulations Pams and Kiki, 30 days!!!!
Old 12-15-2015, 07:59 AM
  # 365 (permalink)  

Congrats Pams and Kiki!! Woo-hoo!! Just another sober Tuesday waking up without a hangover. And I LOVE it!
Old 12-15-2015, 08:43 AM
  # 366 (permalink)  

Fantastic Pams & Kiki, really happy for you.

And well done on everyone else's sober days.

So just for accountability, I won't be drinking this evening.

Instead I will be clearing out the under stairs cupboard. I so wish that was a euphemism for something fun and exciting but it's not. :-(
Old 12-15-2015, 09:00 AM
  # 367 (permalink)  

Well done Pams and Kiki!

Tufty, I see your under stairs cupboard and raise you my make up basket... I'm strangely looking forward to going through it all.

What spurred me to it is the fact I've started wearing it again and generally taking care of myself a lot more. It helps that I can now do straight eyeliner in the morning, opposed to a black line that looks like this... ---/-\===

One thing I am grateful for is the fact I don't need to plaster on foundation to cover up my ruddy nose and cheeks, aka the alcoholic flush. I can actually put blusher on where it should be!
Old 12-15-2015, 10:09 AM
  # 368 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by snowvelvet View Post
Well done Pams and Kiki!

Tufty, I see your under stairs cupboard and raise you my make up basket...
That made me chortle. Thank you!

The benefits of not drinking eh, no more drinkers nose. That's got to be a good reason to stay sober. Someone should tell Sir Alex Ferguson.
Old 12-15-2015, 10:29 AM
  # 369 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tufty13 View Post
That made me chortle. Thank you!

The benefits of not drinking eh, no more drinkers nose. That's got to be a good reason to stay sober. Someone should tell Sir Alex Ferguson.
Haha! But really though - is anyone else noticing other people who come off as suspected drinkers to you? Nowadays I seem to see them here and there...in my earlier days, I just saw the really obvious ones. Now it's small things that make me wonder... takes one to really know one, I guess.
Old 12-15-2015, 11:05 AM
  # 370 (permalink)  

Morning everybody.

Checking in.....congratulations on hitting the 30 day mark Pams, Kiki......good to read that its getting easier for you.

Can't really offer anything useful to the relationship discussion, have only really had one encounter with someone who resented my not drinking.....which was a new one for me.

I guess there would be a lot of new stuff to be negotiated, and if the other party won't be in it.....its going to be difficult. Particularly if they drink.

Anyway. Let's all at another day today.....
Old 12-15-2015, 11:47 AM
  # 371 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Keepnitreal View Post
Snowvelvet-you hit the nail on the head with regards to changing relationships. I know that in mine, the day after a binge I always felt full of remorse, shame, and regret. I generally was very sweet to my hubby the day following because I said something mean while drunk (often how I felt, but would never say while sober and he was starting to understand that)
My drinking was always the blame for the issues in our marriage and I accepted that. Now that I'm sober I'm not always allowing the BS or taking the blame. It's been a big transition. He's still always right (blah blah) but I'm learning to handle things better. Ups and downs!!!! It's slowly improving though. I have noticed that I'm starting to expect more from him now that I'm bringing more positive to the table and I wonder if that kind of dynamic might be an issue for our guys?
Healthy goals-glad you're still with us and have a new plan. It does seem to get easier with time, but we all have to remember if we take that first drink it starts the cycle again. We must always be on guard when that AV rears its ugly head.
Kiki-OMG. 30 days! What a change! Congratulations!
UltraDad-how are you doing?
Is everybody ready for the holidays? Have a great Tuesday!

KIR
So, yes...my wife says the same thing...I'm always so nice and sweet right after a binge, but in a few days she says I go back to being the same a**hole when things don't go my way. I guess in a way she's right, but when I was sober for over a year we did get along great and there was a lot of peace in our marriage. I guess I need to find that peace again, that place where I actually had serenity! She deserves happiness, all our spouses do, but so do we! Good for you KIR for growing in your relationship! Congrats KiKi and Pam, you guys rock!!!

I'm doing well today, 3 days today and the haze and depression has subsided and I can start to feel and think a little more clearly. I HATE this cycle and won't off this crazy train! We've got our favorite meeting all planned out to attend Friday night where I'll humble myself and pick up a white chip and begin the journey again. It's a great meeting, my wife attends Al-Anon while I attend the meeting and the kids go to childcare with the sweetest lady that they affectionately call, "grandma!" I'm actually a little excited about it for once!

Okay, off for my afternoon coffee before I head back to work!
Old 12-15-2015, 12:03 PM
  # 372 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dallow View Post
Haha! But really though - is anyone else noticing other people who come off as suspected drinkers to you? Nowadays I seem to see them here and there...in my earlier days, I just saw the really obvious ones. Now it's small things that make me wonder... takes one to really know one, I guess.
Yes! I was at the emergency room visiting a friend the other night & I am 99.999% sure the doctor smelled like vodka! I KNOW she did! Vodka smells! :-(
Old 12-15-2015, 01:34 PM
  # 373 (permalink)  

Evening all, feeling great, I could get used to this
Old 12-15-2015, 02:42 PM
  # 374 (permalink)  

Hi, All. I just had a doctors appt. I was diagnosed with depression and prescribed Wellbutrin back in September, so I had a check up today to see how I'm doing. I told my doctor about the last time I drank, and she was extremely concerned. She made a few comments like "no you haven't quit drinking" and was concerned that I don't have anyone to provide welfare checks on me every night. She prescribed me topiramate to help me with cravings (even though I haven't had any since I drank last). She also told me I need to tell my parents about what's happened the last four months and that I'm really struggling. I guess I have mixed feelings: I don't like being told what to do, but I know that as a doctor she has responsibility for my health and I could die if I drank again.

Ugh. This is really heavy stuff. I've been avoiding the severity of my alcoholism bc I don't deal well with emotions (surprise!). Just had to come here and vent. You guys on SR are the only ones that know I've been drinking since August (other than my sister who saw me drink once). Everyone else thinks I've been sober since April. I am not one to cry at work but all I want to do is bawl my heart out right now!

I guess the good news is I have absolutely no desire to drink. Thank you all for being here and understanding what I'm going through.
Old 12-15-2015, 02:52 PM
  # 375 (permalink)  

Hey swimkim, sounds like a pretty bummer day
Just wanted to say hope ur feelin better
I know the feelin of having the weight of the world
Be good to yourself : )
Old 12-15-2015, 03:04 PM
  # 376 (permalink)  

Still here, still sober! 1st counsellor app tomorrow...nervous and excited too...

Kids play was tonight, saw people who were at the pub on the night of doom... one was funny with me... but seemed grumpy anyway. The others were fine as I was all.smiles and chats, selling raffle tickets to everyone! Felt good and strong! Kids were awesome. .. nearly cried! !!

Came home, wrapped my daughters birthday stuff... packed for department buffet, and saying night to day 18!

Hope u all OK. .. x
Old 12-15-2015, 03:05 PM
  # 377 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SwimKim12 View Post
Hi, All. I just had a doctors appt. I was diagnosed with depression and prescribed Wellbutrin back in September, so I had a check up today to see how I'm doing. I told my doctor about the last time I drank, and she was extremely concerned. She made a few comments like "no you haven't quit drinking" and was concerned that I don't have anyone to provide welfare checks on me every night. She prescribed me topiramate to help me with cravings (even though I haven't had any since I drank last). She also told me I need to tell my parents about what's happened the last four months and that I'm really struggling. I guess I have mixed feelings: I don't like being told what to do, but I know that as a doctor she has responsibility for my health and I could die if I drank again.

Ugh. This is really heavy stuff. I've been avoiding the severity of my alcoholism bc I don't deal well with emotions (surprise!). Just had to come here and vent. You guys on SR are the only ones that know I've been drinking since August (other than my sister who saw me drink once). Everyone else thinks I've been sober since April. I am not one to cry at work but all I want to do is bawl my heart out right now!

I guess the good news is I have absolutely no desire to drink. Thank you all for being here and understanding what I'm going through.
U doing the right thing... kept on trying to be sober and keep talking! Good luck x
Old 12-15-2015, 03:08 PM
  # 378 (permalink)  

Congrats to kiki and pams on 30 days. :-)
Old 12-15-2015, 03:12 PM
  # 379 (permalink)  

I have a nose like a bloodhound for alcohol! If anybody has been drinking, I can smell it even when other people can't. It's very weird.
Old 12-15-2015, 05:11 PM
  # 380 (permalink)  

Congrats to Pams and Kiki! You rock!

Keepnitreal, I know what you mean about our relationship roles changing. When we spend our lives in an alcoholic haze, we become an easy scapegoat in some ways. It's easy to blame us for everything because 1. We should be blamed for a lot of things and 2. We're not sure what we did, so we feel guilt and shame and it's easier to apologize profusely than ask what we actually did.

It's easy to pull the wool over our eyes! We put it there. We don't know half of what is going on when we're wasted. When we sober up, the world looks (and is) different.

Swimkim I understand what you are going through. I also have been hiding my drinking from several close family members and friends, though they were all starting to catch on right before I quit. Some people still think I'm sober for
over 5 years, which could have been true, but is
not.