# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of November 2015 Part 6

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-5-a-21.html
Old 12-07-2015, 07:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to our new members and welcome back to a few older names

If anyone needs help with a recovery plan - or any other kind of recovery help...please speak up - that's what we're here for!

what can you do differently this time? what extra steps can you take to make this time be the last time you quit?

D
Old 12-07-2015, 08:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee. I had a decent day today, AV was quiet so that was good. It's so good to see everyone jumping back onboard so quickly, that shows determination! I'm turning in for the evening, good night all!
Old 12-07-2015, 08:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am sleeping well now and seem to be in a decent routine now I am back at work.

Hope you are all well :-)
Old 12-07-2015, 08:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Nite everyone! Sweet dreams... :-)

Old 12-07-2015, 08:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi, All! Bedtime check in Had another good day. Was a little tired this morning but pushed through and made sure to get out for a walk at lunch. Hit the gym tonight and that felt very good! I also had my fair share of sweets today, but I made sure to eat my vegetables too so I think it balances out

So glad to be on this journey with you all!
Old 12-07-2015, 09:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

So my husband is drinking downstairs.

He is not an alcoholic, and he stopped drinking a year ago when he switched from smoking to vaping. Drinking was making him want to smoke. So during this year he only had a drink 2-3 times and was always for some social event. Never in the house.

Tonight he said he wanted to have a drink, that he's feeling festive with all the Christmas decorations...yadda yadda

He doesn't know about my addiction problems. I only told him that drinking makes me really anxious and that I have trouble sleeping when I drink. And he knows I stopped eating junk food and I'm into clean eating and exercising so he thinks I'm just trying to be healthier...

To be honest, I saw him bringing the bottles in the house and it didn't trigger me. I actually felt a little nauseous. Weird, I know. I just wish he wouldn't drink tonight...I'm actually a little concern about cleaning up tomorrow and having to pick up the empty bottles...silly thing to worry about, I know...ugh

I'm ok, don't worry. I plan on going to bed early anyway. Just a little worried about tomorrow.
Old 12-07-2015, 09:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good Morning class! It's EARLY Tuesday, December 8, 2015!

****I totally forgot to send the class list out yesterday (Monday 12/6)! OMG! Sooooo sorry!*************

Have a great sober day! :-) CONGRATS to Canguy, Keepnitreal, Jemma44 & Tootsiesdad on 30 days!!! HUGE accomplishment! And welcome to Dustmeoff....a new member joining us 18 sober days in!

We are STRONGER TOGETHER!!!

*Canguy -30 days
*HealthyGoals - 2 days-you got this!
*Me (KiKi) -23 days
*Patricia -working her butt off! :-)
*StrangeAngel-working her butt off too!!! :-)
*Pams -23 days
*GoldenSands -24 days
*CurlyGirl -33 days
*KeepNitreal -30 days
*BlackBirdFly -24 days
*Noolan -19 days
*SwimKim - 14 days
*MeShelly -24 days
*Thumbelina -39 days
*WalkTheLine-18 days
*Supertired -13 days
*Max74 -38 days
*DariaM -2 days-never give up!
*ForeverFuzzy -19 days
*Jemma44 -30 days
*Blondsober -16 days
*Snowvelvet -34 days
*GoldCoastGirl -17 days
*Badger257 -24 days
*Odelle -17 days
*Tufty13 -37 days
*TryinginTexas - 24 days
*Onetimeless -32 days
*Chicklet -14 days
*Dallow - 16 days
*Learntofly -45 days
*Faithfulandfree - 10 days
*Tootsiesdad -30 days
*SoberMarathon -16 days
*Introspectator- 23 days
*RedAndy -24 days
*Rah555 -15 days
*Alphonse -21 days
*amitranjan04 -14 days
*ultradad -2 days-never give up!
*got2stopnow -16 days
*Fabat50 -31 days
*Enfinthechange -11 days
*SilentCinemaFan -11 days
*VanillaChaiTea -11 days
*Deniselarkin -11 days
*Augusta1893 -11 days
*Determined82 -11 Days
*Mish - 11 days
*Missy7 -11 days
*Paul37 -10 days
*Tatersalad -11 days
*FacingFuture-? days
*IronPhoenix -? days
*Beautifulpines -not counting days :-)
*Dustmeoff -18 days-Welcome!!!

*****REMEMBER*****
All we REALLY have is TODAY...this 24 hours. It's not a race. There is no shame in starting over as long as we NEVER GIVE UP!!! There is no graduation; just a wonderful journey into the happiness and amazing life we all deserve...

P.S. For those of you who had a slip, we love & care about you. We need you here with us. Please stay. You have become family...CYBER FAMILY! <3 xo
Old 12-07-2015, 09:26 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by patricia68 View Post
So my husband is drinking downstairs. He is not an alcoholic, and he stopped drinking a year ago when he switched from smoking to vaping. Drinking was making him want to smoke. So during this year he only had a drink 2-3 times and was always for some social event. Never in the house. Tonight he said he wanted to have a drink, that he's feeling festive with all the Christmas decorations...yadda yadda He doesn't know about my addiction problems. I only told him that drinking makes me really anxious and that I have trouble sleeping when I drink. And he knows I stopped eating junk food and I'm into clean eating and exercising so he thinks I'm just trying to be healthier... To be honest, I saw him bringing the bottles in the house and it didn't trigger me. I actually felt a little nauseous. Weird, I know. I just wish he wouldn't drink tonight...I'm actually a little concern about cleaning up tomorrow and having to pick up the empty bottles...silly thing to worry about, I know...ugh I'm ok, don't worry. I plan on going to bed early anyway. Just a little worried about tomorrow.
Stick close Patricia! Go to bed and we will be here to help you tomorrow. Have you thought about telling him that him drinking bothers you right now? At this point in your life and asking him to help you by not drinking in the house or at least cleaning up his own bottles? :-)
Old 12-07-2015, 09:33 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree with Kiki Patricia - just go to bed...you'll certainly feel better than he does tomorrow morning

D
Old 12-07-2015, 10:38 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Patricia.....he can pick up his own empties, c'mon. At the least.

Thanks for class list Kiki....but I today is still day 29 for me. Tho the end bit of day 29.....

Good Things You Notice About Being Sober.......for me now includes not wanting to drink from about 3pm every afternoon. Only noticed in the last couple of days that I haven't been getting that daily itch. Not claiming its gone forever.....just hasn't been around lately.

Maybe part due to having established some different routines around that part of the day.

All the best ppl.....
Old 12-07-2015, 11:19 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

OK KiKi change that back to day1 for me...so embarassed. I drank 6 beers tonight and don't even know what triggered it! I was all happy at home and next thing you know I'm out ordering a bunch of beer. I managed to stop the madness before I got drunk but I still feel like a failure...why did I do this?! Oh woe is me. Sorry guys :-(
Old 12-07-2015, 11:26 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry Chicklet. I'm glad you're back tho.

why do you think you didn't reach out for help tonight?

D
Old 12-07-2015, 11:33 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee, I don't know that's a good question. I suppose I just wanted to give into my AV, a little reward for doing so good? I know it sounds crazy to reward yourself for not drinking in13 days by...DRINKING? !! ...but I think that's exactly what happened. My gosh do I feel stupid right now.
Old 12-07-2015, 11:47 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Morning class,

Checking in on my day 37, I'm all over the place emotionally but happy to be sober nonetheless.

Chicklet, sorry that you drank but give yourself some kindness for coming back. You can do this!

Kiki, thank you as ever for keeping us all ship shape and ******* fashion, together we are stronger! :-)
Old 12-07-2015, 11:59 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thanks tufty, I suppose you're right, I did come back to try again, better than falling completely off the wagon and getting run over in the process. Day one today!
Old 12-08-2015, 03:11 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Day 2. Slept but crazy nightmares involving giant alligators chasing people to eat in the streets, WTH? Need to go get some coffee and shake off the cob webs!

Will check in later when I have more time.

Sutures coming out of the finger today but the pin stays in and the cast stays on for 4 more weeks.

Off and running!
Old 12-08-2015, 03:49 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

A new thread already. Wow.

Day 34 check in. Chicklet, I remember doing that. Celebrating periods of sobriety with... A drink. I've discovered from meetings it's quite common!

Patricia - hope you slept well. He made his choice to drink and you were stronger.

Well done on day 37 Tufty.

And hugs to all. So much to keep up with.

Ps - I'm well. Just been invited to Christmas drinks Thursday evening and said I will need to check my diary and get back to you. Suffice to say I will have something else planned. Probably a meeting!
Old 12-08-2015, 03:57 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Day 16 today. Feeling a little stronger and mentally clearer with each day.

No desire to drink. No more binges. No more withdrawals. No more Day 1s and struggling to pick myself up off the ground.

Second trip to counseling this afternoon. As long as it's helping me stay on track I'll keep going regularly. I think she's going to encourage 12 steps and being a rational person (when sober at least) I'm not so sure I will go down this road. The one day at a time mentality makes me feel like this addiction will never be behind me, I'll always just strive to stay sober until tomorrow. I want more. I want a sense of permanency and to just admit that I used to have a problem but that was a different me and I'm a new man now. Maybe totally naive and unrealistic but I guess we'll find out.

Still have lots of healing and recovery ahead of me but feel like I'm starting to gain momentum so look out world!!
Old 12-08-2015, 04:55 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chicklet View Post
OK KiKi change that back to day1 for me...so embarassed. I drank 6 beers tonight and don't even know what triggered it! I was all happy at home and next thing you know I'm out ordering a bunch of beer. I managed to stop the madness before I got drunk but I still feel like a failure...why did I do this?! Oh woe is me. Sorry guys :-(
So sorry to hear this. The AV lies! Keep trying and don't give up! We still love you!

Maybe tweek your plan with more ammo to shut down the AV next time?