Notices

Class of November 2015 Part 6

Old 12-17-2015, 08:02 AM
  # 441 (permalink)  

Hi, All. Dallow, Canguy and Ultradad, great job posting the cravings here and playing the tape though. I think that skill is on par with tying my tennis shoes. Something you will need to do over and over again!

I am happy to have another hangover free morning. I hope you all have a good one!
Old 12-17-2015, 08:57 AM
  # 442 (permalink)  

Work is an absolute MADHOUSE today but I can't drink over it. Being the boss has its perks but...YIKES when everything is going wrong at once.
Old 12-17-2015, 09:20 AM
  # 443 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! I hope everyone is having a good day! Just a quick check in before I head to an AA meeting & my first counseling appointment! I'm excited to start working through all the issues I was numbing with alcohol. It's gonna be hard work but I'm ready to unload it! The bag of sh-t I have been carrying around from my childhood is too heavy! I'm ready to let it go!

Wish me luck! I'm gonna check back in later & read all the posts.

Day 32!
Old 12-17-2015, 10:18 AM
  # 444 (permalink)  

Hello all! It's hard to believe that I'm almost two months sober! I splurged and bought a tablet for myself today since my dinosaur laptop is on its last leg. I'm justifying it because I've saved about $500 so far just by not drinking. That sounds crazy! I can't believe I spent that much money on something that made me feel like utter crap. Onward and upward! Have a great day guys!
Old 12-17-2015, 11:10 AM
  # 445 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dallow View Post
This is me posting first, sadly I've find myself planning again...
....morning,

Dallow, everybody 'plans'......by the time we end up on a board like this we've all been drinking to the point where it is a deeply ingrained mental habit. Its nothing to feel bad about, its something to be aware of, a habit to beat.

I still find myself planning......'Christmas off', 'just the weekends' etc. Doesn't go away in a hurry. this place has helped me to learn some strategies for dealing with it.

Okay, I'll drink tonite, .....this means that really I'm 'planning' to drink tomorrow nite as well, to miss my son's sports final, 'planning' to cancel my sat morning Christmas shopping with him because I'll really need to start drinking early on Saturday......I'll make it to the Sunday Christmas gather, but really hungover....and will just want to get out of there and back to more drinks, and on and on.....

Then run through the alternative plan......I find it makes the choice not to drink a lot easier.

Sure, we all plan our drinking.....I'm sure we all know that twinge of regret on passing on what would have been the perfect moment to drink, everyone has them....

I'm in no position to lecture, to advise.......but this is just something that this place has made me a lot more aware of and it helps.

Okay.....another sober day everybody....all the best.
Old 12-17-2015, 12:29 PM
  # 446 (permalink)  

I am still here and working on figuring out why I decided it would be a good idea. The worst (or best) part of it was I got zero enjoyment out of it. Went from sober, to feeling like crap, to anxiety ridden. No regret or Shame or anything in those lines, just plain or didn't get the "high". Well at least that confirmed it. Thanks guys!
Old 12-17-2015, 01:05 PM
  # 447 (permalink)  

Hey everyone... well done for all your achievements today...

I went to the pub for the staff social and drank..... a cup of tea, a coke and an lime and fizzy water. Weyhey!

It wasn't hard... but the AV was going.. look, you can do it, so now you can drink!!! Hahahaha .... go away.

The counselling was OK. .. I used to teach teach her daughter, so not good. Don't think I will be honest enough... I was quite discussional, but can't reveal the true dark and disgusting interior I possess and all the true crap I think and feel. It's just not going to happen with her... but at least I can talk about drinking ...even if I know it all, it's saying it out loud. The other bummer is she's not there to help me stop. .. she said. Doh.... that's what I want! And she said I'm not alcohol dependant. ..AV has a whale of a time with that....
Oh well. .. only trying !!!!

Some of the others are still in the pub. .. 5 hours in by now... silly buggers. .....

Night all....

Oh yes, I am wearing a massive elf onesie to work tomorrow, with a bell on... that should make u all laugh! !!! It's for sightsavers , we raise £175!!!!
Old 12-17-2015, 02:19 PM
  # 448 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations learntofly

Hope everyone is getting through the day ok

D
Old 12-17-2015, 04:48 PM
  # 449 (permalink)  

Company over, wine on the table. I hate these moments.

Oh well, here goes the first face-to-face challenge. Coke Zero in hand...
Old 12-17-2015, 06:00 PM
  # 450 (permalink)  

Hello everyone day 20 for me and all is well. Have a great night.
Old 12-17-2015, 06:09 PM
  # 451 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats Denise

stay strong and remember the plan SM

D
Old 12-17-2015, 06:20 PM
  # 452 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberMarathon View Post
Company over, wine on the table. I hate these moments. Oh well, here goes the first face-to-face challenge. Coke Zero in hand...

That's a tough situation but you've got this!!!!
Old 12-17-2015, 06:22 PM
  # 453 (permalink)  

I haven't been posting much but I try to read everyone's posts. Friday is here so let's keep our guards up. Have a great and sober weekend everyone

Day 27 done.
Old 12-17-2015, 06:42 PM
  # 454 (permalink)  

Hang in there sm. ... if I can do the pub, u can do this! Xxx
Old 12-17-2015, 06:53 PM
  # 455 (permalink)  

Company over, wine on the table. I hate these moments.

Oh well, here goes the first face-to-face challenge. Coke Zero in hand...
Hang in there SoberMarathon! Drinking wine sounds terrible. Yuck.
Old 12-17-2015, 06:57 PM
  # 456 (permalink)  

Winding up day 34. Hanging on the couch watching star wars with the SO so we are all caught up to see the new one this weekend. Good job all!
Old 12-17-2015, 07:31 PM
  # 457 (permalink)  

I'm here everyone, company gone, stayed clear of any wine. Thanks a lot for being there for me. It really means a lot knowing I have this level of support on my iPhone!!

Awkward and anxious evening for me...my wife and the company just guzzling back the red wine, opening another bottle, topping off their glasses. The company gave me a big plastic candy cane full of Bailey's Irish Cream as a gesture. Double great.

Oh well, I made it through it, no real craving or temptation, just awkward and anxious. Sobriety will conquer these situations, just gotta be strong and stick to the plan.

Thanks again everyone!!
Old 12-17-2015, 07:42 PM
  # 458 (permalink)  

I'm here everyone, company gone, stayed clear of any wine. Thanks a lot for being there for me. It really means a lot knowing I have this level of support on my iPhone!! Awkward and anxious evening for me...my wife and the company just guzzling back the red wine, opening another bottle, topping off their glasses. The company gave me a big plastic candy cane full of Bailey's Irish Cream as a gesture. Double great. Oh well, I made it through it, no real craving or temptation, just awkward and anxious. Sobriety will conquer these situations, just gotta be strong and stick to the plan. Thanks again everyone!!
You.are.doing.fantastic! Just think how great you will feel tomorrow!!! :-)
Old 12-17-2015, 07:43 PM
  # 459 (permalink)  

Hi guys! Whew!!! What a busy and exhausting day! AA meeting, first therapy session (love my counselor!), Christmas shopping, laundry, dishes, exercise, dinner for husband & kids & just sat down for first time since this morning!

I love being sober because I am actually living my life & accomplishing things!

Counseling WAS hard though. Hopefully it will be worth it!

It sounds like everyone is doing well and continuing to conquer the evil AV!

@Dallow-are you feeling better since this morning? You mentioned you felt depressed this morning. :-(

@SoberMarathon-you sound like you're working really hard! Keep it up!

@Snowvelvet-43 days??? Wow! That's amazing! I bet your life will just get better & better. Miracles happen in sobriety! I believe that!

@Ultradad-yeah...I think it's good advice to not make any major changes in the first year too! Our thinking isn't right, ya know? At least mine isn't! Ha! I have a friend who divorced her husband very early in sobriety (about 3 months). He quickly found & married another woman. After a year + of sobriety she realized she made a big mistake divorcing him but it's too late. Sad. :-(

@learntofly-wow! Almost 2 months?!? Awesome! I'm glad you rewarded yourself with a new tablet! You deserve it!

@Badger-sometimes the only reason we have for why we drink is that we are alcoholics, ya know? Try not to over think it. Just look forward. You can do it!!!

@enfin-the elf onesie sounds hilarious!

@Cristina-YES! We ALWAYS need to keep our guard up! Alcohol is sneaky! Thx for the reminder!
Old 12-17-2015, 08:44 PM
  # 460 (permalink)  

SM, glad you made it through the event. And Denise, congratulations on 20 days! I hope everyone is well

Tomorrow is my last day before a week off. Tomorrow night there is a retirement gathering for one of my coworkers, but I'm not worried about it - no desire to drink with coworkers (no one drinks much anyway). Saturday night I have a holiday party with some friends, but they all know I've quit drinking so I'm not worried about that. Will be the DD just for extra ammo in case the AV pops up. I'm looking forward to getting all glammed up and not being a (hot) mess.

Take care, All!