Notices

Class of November 2015 Part 6

Old 12-14-2015, 04:04 AM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tufty13 View Post

i'm also grateful for my sobriety and i will not be drinking today.
^^^^

👏
Old 12-14-2015, 04:32 AM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Morning everyone. Thanks for all the welcomes.

Made it through the weekend. It really helps reading everyone's posts. . Gotta go get the kids ready for school but I will check in later. Have a great Monday all.

Day 24
Old 12-14-2015, 04:41 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tufty13 View Post
Great news Andy, I'm really happy for you and your family.

I recently turned down a party invitation to a private house party with DJ's. All my "friends" went. Great music, plenty of MDMA and loads of booze......"these are a few of my favourite things" as Julie Andrews would say.

I'm not just happy that I didn't go, I'm happy that I appear (at long last) to have turned a corner in my thinking. I no longer believe that I'm missing out. It's that belief that has kept me stuck for so long.

I'm somewhat melancholy that I found this new way of being too late to save my own marriage and keep my family together but I'm glad I got there eventually.

So when your AV comes calling, know that it's a lying git and your new path is going to be the best decision you've ever made.....keep it up!
Cheers Tufty, appreciate the reply and without doubt this is the best decision I've ever made.
Old 12-14-2015, 05:06 AM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Thank's for all the kind words of encouragement and support! I just got back from work and the foots is hurting pretty bad, but otherwise I'm okay! The guilt and shame and of course the idea that I can't run for 30 days is weighing on my mind, but I've been praying a lot and actually looking forward to getting back to meetings!

Have a great day everybody!
Old 12-14-2015, 05:18 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Happy Monday good people!

Supertired is giving up his cigarettes today . Considering a name change to Hypercranky...

Been looking forward to this tho. I think I'm ready
Wish me luck!
Old 12-14-2015, 05:27 AM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Supertired View Post
Happy Monday good people!

Supertired is giving up his cigarettes today . Considering a name change to Hypercranky...

Been looking forward to this tho. I think I'm ready
Wish me luck!
Good luck, supertiredhypercranky(expialladocious)

couldnt resist. Your lungs will thank you!
Old 12-14-2015, 05:29 AM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ultradad View Post
Thank's for all the kind words of encouragement and support! I just got back from work and the foots is hurting pretty bad, but otherwise I'm okay! The guilt and shame and of course the idea that I can't run for 30 days is weighing on my mind, but I've been praying a lot and actually looking forward to getting back to meetings!

Have a great day everybody!
You too soberdad, nice to see you in good spirits, the foot, guilt and shame will all heal.
Old 12-14-2015, 05:29 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Haha I spit out my tea haha
Old 12-14-2015, 05:42 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by snowvelvet View Post
Well done, Enfin! So glad you got through it. You have a very busy week - guess it being end of term means a massive culmination. Hope you manage to enjoy some of the activities you organised. Trying - That's awesome and who cares what time you did it? The fact you did it is amazing. Natural highs are so much better than anything chemically induced. Welcome Christina! We're a fab group. Throw yourself in. UltraDad - I'm so sorry to hear what happened. It totally shows the insanity, doesn't it. You can stop and the minute you pick up you go right back to the worse. I hope you heal ok. I had a few trips to A&E/ER this Summer. I began to joke I should have my own cubicle. How twisted is that. Kiki - *Hi 5! It's day 40, peeps! I am loving taking this journey with you all as my online support. I am well, currently drinking copious amounts of tea and getting breakfast in a min. Another meeting this evening. I don't see them as a chore, I love them.
40 days!!! Woo hoo!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-14-2015, 05:44 AM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fabat50 View Post
I too am aware of how much money I am saving. I really notice it on the monthly budget. Not just the booze but also going out to restaurants, neighbours partys (always take extra bottles along in case I drank them out of house and home) etc etc. I have calculated that by next summer I should have economised at least 4,000 euros. I have told myself I am going to use the money to take the children to a dream Holiday in Disney. That is yet another reason for me to keep going. And what about you guys? How are you going to enjoy the extra money? Pay off some debts? Save it? Treat yourself? Treat the family?
It's amazing how much $ we spent poisoning ourselves, isn't it???

We are going to the ocean for 10 days in the spring with our saved $!!! Yay!
Old 12-14-2015, 05:46 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RedAndy View Post
Day 30 - well that turned out to be a good and sober weekend. Plenty of people still nursing hangovers here today after the works Xmas party. Feel a bit shut off from it all though as I took myself out of the equation and didn't attend, don't really want to hear all about it if I'm honest and what I missed out on / what a great time was had by all and why wasn't I there - feel like I'm losing the connection with a lot of people, those close to me too as the major thing we had in common was the booze & drug fuelled nights out, I'm out of that circle now. Focusing on yesterday instead which was a lovely day with my wife, the one who really matters. Of course yesterday would never have happened if I'd been to the party as I would have been rolling in sometime in the afternoon, most likely drunk again without having had any sleep and then straight to bed fit for nothing, instead this morning there is a nice sense of calm & happiness in the house rather than the usual frostiness and sniping / general unease - it certainly makes for a pleasant change. Also the fact that out of the whole office (130 people) I'm virtually the only one with a clear head.
30 days!!! Awesome!!!!
Old 12-14-2015, 05:48 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bblackbirdflyy View Post
30 days and so very happy. I've managed to claw my way out of the pit again. At this point it is imperative to make a conscious decision NOT to drink everyday. This goes for me and all of you. From experience.... (sometime in the near future) my addiction wont seem so bad. I'll feel on top of the world. I'll be in a situation where people around me are drinking and I will think, "what the heck... I'll just get my feet wet." Then, "Just up to the knees"... feels pretty nice, "chest deep" "in too deep now, may as well go for a swim"... "treading water"... before I know it I'll be drowning again, grasping for a way out.... ... Or not. Stay diligent November. Here's to another 30 days sober.
30 days for you too??? Wow! Amazing!!!
Old 12-14-2015, 05:49 AM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Healthygoals View Post
Eh. Still around. Reading but not posting, mostly just trying to get through each day. Everything is just too much lately.
Hang in there HG! Praying for you!
Old 12-14-2015, 05:50 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  

Good morning class =)
Day 30, Yay! so exciting. I feel fantastic. I know that's subject to change, but that and this class keeps me going OH and all the money I've been saving. Wow, it adds up fast!
Every weekday I don't drink I put $10 in my sobriety purse. 5 for not drinking and 5 for not gambling. If I make it through the weekend, I put in 60 for Saturday and 60 for Sunday. My husband is doing it as well so the money we've been saving adds up very fast. We've already paid one Credit card off and vowed not to use it again. He loves that part. I love feeling like me again.
Sending Blessings <3
One day at a time.
Old 12-14-2015, 05:51 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Meshelly View Post
Good morning class =) Day 30, Yay! so exciting. I feel fantastic. I know that's subject to change, but that and this class keeps me going OH and all the money I've been saving. Wow, it adds up fast! Every weekday I don't drink I put $10 in my sobriety purse. 5 for not drinking and 5 for not gambling. If I make it through the weekend, I put in 60 for Saturday and 60 for Sunday. My husband is doing it as well so the money we've been saving adds up very fast. We've already paid one Credit card off and vowed not to use it again. He loves that part. I love feeling like me again. Sending Blessings <3 One day at a time.
Congratulations Shelly!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-14-2015, 06:19 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Congrats everybody on your milestones! And for those of you who relapsed, thanks for coming back here and being open and honest about your struggles. Don't give up!

On a different note, does anybody else drink juice/soda from a wine glass or is that weird? For some reason, I feel like the familiarity of it calms me down. It's probably just all in my head!

I've also been thinking about other forms of addiction, and I wonder if it's easier to be in denial about alcohol abuse versus other drugs. You can't say, "I wish I could just shoot heroin like a normal user!" It's odd to me that some people can drink and be just fine, while for some of us, it absolutely destroys our lives. I don't know where I was going with this...
Old 12-14-2015, 07:40 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Good morning Class. Husband was in a car accident late last night so I spent the evening in ER as he wanted to be checked for pain in his left arm. He and the other driver are okay, just the hassle of dealing with the aftermath now. What was sad though was witnessing the hospital staff removing two women (2 different events) from the waiting area since they had already been discharged from the hospital. Apparently, they were both homeless and had no place to go. Not only am I thankful for my sobriety, but for a roof over my head and food on the table. One can only wonder where this disease will take us if we lose the battle.
Old 12-14-2015, 07:56 AM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Good morning, All. Odelle, I hope your husband is okay. I am also so thankful for a roof over my head and the resources to stay healthy.

Congrats to everyone on the milestones! Lots of 30 days out there I agree with Dee, it is good to read those early posts to keep from getting complacent. We are doing this!

Time to get to work. I hope you all have a good one!
Old 12-14-2015, 09:32 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  

Learntofly, I wasn't a wine drinker so we don't have wine glasses so no help there. Haha. As far as why we can't drink normally & others can: we have an "allergy" (disease). Kinda like those poor kids in school that have to sit at a separate table than all the kids eating peanut butter for lunch. It sucks, but it could be so much worse! Think about all the diseases that people die from after months, even years of treatment and all we have to do to survive is not drink. :-) That's what I tell myself when I feel sorry for myself and I feel sorry for myself OFTEN! That's when I start listing things I'm grateful for. It could be worse...

You're doing great though! Your disease is in remission! :-)

Odelle, I'm so sorry to hear about your husband! Is he ok???
Old 12-14-2015, 10:24 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Hope your husband is doing OK, Odelle.