Notices

Class of November 2015 Part 6

Old 12-14-2015, 11:58 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Odelle View Post
Good morning Class. Husband was in a car accident late last night so I spent the evening in ER as he wanted to be checked for pain in his left arm. He and the other driver are okay, just the hassle of dealing with the aftermath now. What was sad though was witnessing the hospital staff removing two women (2 different events) from the waiting area since they had already been discharged from the hospital. Apparently, they were both homeless and had no place to go. Not only am I thankful for my sobriety, but for a roof over my head and food on the table. One can only wonder where this disease will take us if we lose the battle.
Thinking of you and your husband Odelle. Yes, scary to think about the alternative path.
Old 12-14-2015, 01:03 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

I hope your hubby is doing ok Odelle!

Ultra dad-so bummed about your foot and the slip! Take whatever steps you need to get sober! Saying a prayer for you!

Congratulations on all of the 30 days!!!! You guys rock!!!
Old 12-14-2015, 01:12 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Meshelly View Post
Good morning class =)
Day 30, Yay! so exciting. I feel fantastic. I know that's subject to change, but that and this class keeps me going OH and all the money I've been saving. Wow, it adds up fast!
Every weekday I don't drink I put $10 in my sobriety purse. 5 for not drinking and 5 for not gambling. If I make it through the weekend, I put in 60 for Saturday and 60 for Sunday. My husband is doing it as well so the money we've been saving adds up very fast. We've already paid one Credit card off and vowed not to use it again. He loves that part. I love feeling like me again.
Sending Blessings <3
One day at a time.
Congrats meshelly, love the sobriety purse idea
Old 12-14-2015, 01:29 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear about the crash odelle , hope he's OK. ..

My husband is out at his works do... been in the pub since 4.30... 5hours! Hope he's OK. .. no contact from him. I went to my folks with the kids and they kindly took us out for pizza, but I think that might **** off my husband, so am a little edgy. This morning went badly as I was upset he shouted at my little girl a bit harshly I though, so I made a comment ...and that made him hugely angry in that silent treatment way. I cried a lot on the way to work. Must not comment!!!
Have ordered parenting books now from amazon so I can know what I'm doing more and maybe stand up for my self as a mum better.

What if life is actually more crap now. I don't know.... I keep thinking about my, um, indiscretion. .. and it makes a part of me a little happy that someone liked me that way..... guilty for sure, wouldn't have acted in that way unless drunk. But , oh I dunno. ..

I'm fed up of bottling everything and keeping it all in. Emotions are leaking out like a rusty bucket! So u guys getting my stream of consciousness ... good job u don't know me! !!! It feels better to unburden even the guilty crap thoughts. ...

Still drinking tea so don't fret! !
Better goto bed , happy rest of Monday x
Old 12-14-2015, 01:37 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
You Rock Texas!!! I wish I could run that far!
Well -- I ran more than I walked -- better to say I "did" the half rather than "ran" it - same difference though most people walk at least some the first few times!

. . . gotta walk before you can run . . . everything's a lesson, eh?
Old 12-14-2015, 01:38 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

I'm trying to learn how to deal my husband's harsh comments and it's not easy enfin...I wish we could learn that somewhere!

He was asking why I don't bake Christmas cookies anymore, I said it was because he always complains about my food...so why would I want to bake? Then he told me I wasn't trying hard enough...because I couldn't find name tags for the presents...uhh they're sold out in our nearby stores! So I made some tags with plain paper...

Old 12-14-2015, 02:17 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by patricia68 View Post
I'm trying to learn how to deal my husband's harsh comments and it's not easy enfin...I wish we could learn that somewhere!

He was asking why I don't bake Christmas cookies anymore, I said it was because he always complains about my food...so why would I want to bake? Then he told me I wasn't trying hard enough...because I couldn't find name tags for the presents...uhh they're sold out in our nearby stores! So I made some tags with plain paper...

It's do hard sometimes.... my husband sometimes just makes me feel inferior an rubbish and like I'm irritating him.... I would just like to feel loved a bit...and appreciated .... I'm sure he thinks he does. ... and would probably say I'm wrong... but if I feel like that am I wrong??? How do I know????

Sorry you are having problems too.. might as well say it out load as this is anonymous. .. it seems to help! Keep talking Patricia! !! Hope he cheers up! X
Old 12-14-2015, 02:32 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Meshelly and snowvelvet
Best wishes for a speedy recovery to your husband Odelle

D
Old 12-14-2015, 03:52 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by enfinthechange View Post
It's do hard sometimes.... my husband sometimes just makes me feel inferior an rubbish and like I'm irritating him.... I would just like to feel loved a bit...and appreciated .... I'm sure he thinks he does. ... and would probably say I'm wrong... but if I feel like that am I wrong??? How do I know????

Sorry you are having problems too.. might as well say it out load as this is anonymous. .. it seems to help! Keep talking Patricia! !! Hope he cheers up! X
I'm starting to think that the reason they act like that is because they have their own issues to deal with. Insecurities, frustrations...it's not because of us. They like to blame us for everything, but it's not us enfin...
Old 12-14-2015, 04:29 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

22 days...all good here.

Congratulations on all the milestones everyone!!!
Old 12-14-2015, 04:48 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

I hope everyone is having a great day! I'm just checking in. I can't believe I will have 1 month sober tomorrow by the grace of God! I truly never thought I'd be able to climb out of that hell!
I kept drinking every 2-4 days. It was like a nightmare I couldn't wake up from!

I have finally got some traction & I am NOT letting go! I'm meeting my sponsor for lunch & a meeting tomorrow to get my 1 month coin & then we are gonna work the steps so I can work through the REAL reasons I felt the need to numb myself with alcohol. What void was I trying to fill? Counseling will help with that too.

Happiness & serenity are my goals. Nothing worthwhile in life is easy. I hope everyone is doing well! Congrats to all who are hitting huge milestones! :-) m
Old 12-14-2015, 04:48 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

I'm starting to think that the reason they act like that is because they have their own issues to deal with. Insecurities, frustrations...it's not because of us. They like to blame us for everything, but it's not us enfin...
You could be right! He can't talk anymore, or see my emotions. He came home totally drunk... staggered about, made some odd comments and I'd snoring g his head off loudly now.... no sleep for me! ! Xx
Old 12-14-2015, 05:07 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Mine is completely crazy...he's nice for 5 minutes, and next thing you know he shouts the nastiest things. I am slowly learning to ignore him. I say little mantras or affirmations in my mind when he acts like that...like "I am good enough. I love myself"...stuff like that.

I don't know how much longer I can endure this.

I came to the realization that I can't make him change, and no matter what I do I can't make him happy.

So right now I focus on my sobriety, my son, my pets...and try to live one day at a time. I don't know what else to do...
Old 12-14-2015, 05:27 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Mine is completely crazy...he's nice for 5 minutes, and next thing you know he shouts the nastiest things. I am slowly learning to ignore him. I say little mantras or affirmations in my mind when he acts like that...like "I am good enough. I love myself"...stuff like that. I don't know how much longer I can endure this. I came to the realization that I can't make him change, and no matter what I do I can't make him happy. So right now I focus on my sobriety, my son, my pets...and try to live one day at a time. I don't know what else to do...
I'm so sorry you have to deal with that Patricia. Must be so hard! Is marriage counseling an option for you guys?
Old 12-14-2015, 05:40 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Hi guys, I'm still here! I gotta catch up on all these pages I've missed. I'm still sober I think today was my day 30?!?! So happy! My depression is completely gone and I'm slowly taking control of things like my weight. I've lost 5 lbs now. Hope everyone is still sober and feeling well!
Old 12-14-2015, 05:52 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Hi all. So many 30+ days here. Proud of everyone!! It's very inspiring.

Odelle I'm so glad your husband is ok and to the ladies having marital problems I can relate. My husband and I went through a very bad patch in our marriage but through hard work, counseling, and God's hand in our marriage we have been able to work things out. It took about two years total so don't give up hope. It is possible to restore what is broken.

I'm really enjoying reading all your posts. It's nice not to be alone in this journey.
Old 12-14-2015, 06:11 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Goldensands-great job on your 30 and the 5 pounds lost! Has anybody else notice weight kinda slipping off a little once you hit 4 weeks? I have a bit.

Patricia and Enfin- like Dee said, no major decisions for awhile since we change so much the first 90+ days. Hubby and I are doing better this week, but last week I was ready to move to our rental. I'm just hoping as he sees that I'm committed to my sobriety, and that I'm no longer the mean nasty drunk snake when he asks, "how many glasses of wine have you had?" That things will keep getting better.
My depression has started to ease up, as well as my irritability. Has anybody else noticed big improvements?
Anyway, I think time is key here. If the abuse continues then of course you need to take care of yourself because you don't deserve to be treated with apathy or disrespect! Hang in there ladies!
Welcome Cristina.

KIR
Old 12-14-2015, 06:36 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
I'm so sorry you have to deal with that Patricia. Must be so hard! Is marriage counseling an option for you guys?
Sadly he won't go to marriage counseling. He'd rather be miserable for the rest of his life than admitting that he needs help...
Old 12-14-2015, 06:43 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Keepnitreal View Post
Patricia and Enfin- like Dee said, no major decisions for awhile since we change so much the first 90+ days.
That's so true, I already noticed a lot of positive changes in myself. It literally feels like I've been gone for many years and I'm slowly starting to feel like the old me is coming back.

I agree it's not the right time to make any decisions though...
Old 12-14-2015, 09:25 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Enfin and Patricia, I'm sorry things are so rough with your husbands. Please vent here if it helps! I'm sorry I don't have much advice other than that! And great job maintaining your sobriety through it all.

Kiki, congratulations on 30 days (one day early!) I remember how hellish of a time you had those first few days. I'm so inspired by your commitment to do everything necessary to turn your life around. And thank you for being our group "cheerleader"

I hit three weeks tomorrow. Honestly, cravings have been almost completely gone. I don't know why! It's like a switch flipped when I quit. What I do know is that I can never go back to drinking because I don't know if that will ever flip again. Thinking of you all tonight!