Notices

Class of November 2015 Part 6

Old 12-13-2015, 01:28 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Shop closed... I'm in the bath with a cup of tea and a book. Thanks guys!!!
Old 12-13-2015, 02:27 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats TryinginTexas
Thanks for all you do to keep this group pumped Kiki

Glad you got through the evening Enfin

Welcome back Dallow

congrats on 3 weeks SM

D
Old 12-13-2015, 02:57 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Let's get at day 17 with bared teeth.... I can beat this!!!

To be fair Mondays are not a drinking day anyway .. BT I intend to keep going....

Thursday will be the challenge. .. after works drinks I organised! !! But I have to drive home... so excuse OK.... brain might not agree though....
Old 12-13-2015, 03:00 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  

And it's Xmas jumper week at work too!!! I organised this to raise money for sightsavers. .. £30 gets a cataract operation done in Africa to save some owns sight... I am aiming for 2!!!

If we raise enough for 2 by Thursday I have to wear a Xmas Onesie to work Friday. ... I wonder why I organise such things really! !!

And I organised the department Xmas buffet on wed, and secret santa... jeez... need a rest!!!!

Maybe that's part of the problem.
. Hahahahah... Control freak!
Old 12-13-2015, 03:09 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. I wanted to see if I could join you all in the November class. I got sober again on November 20 and have been doing ok but I think I need some extra accountability. I look forward to reading and getting to know you all. Thanks so much. Day 23 for me.
Old 12-13-2015, 03:19 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CristinaN View Post
Hi everyone. I wanted to see if I could join you all in the November class. I got sober again on November 20 and have been doing ok but I think I need some extra accountability. I look forward to reading and getting to know you all. Thanks so much. Day 23 for me.
welcome Cristina!! Congratulations on 23 days...I'm happy to be on 21st day here. You're in great company with this group!
Old 12-13-2015, 04:02 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Thanks SoberMarathon.
Old 12-13-2015, 04:14 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your warm respons and your caring thoughts! I really appreciate it

Enfin, I hope you made it through alright. A slip is not worth it, it just gets you right back down again.

I've heard so much of russian roulette and that's really what it is. This time I "only" had a facebook-conversation with a friend that I don't remember how it ended. I had to scroll back to see what we had talked about, what I had confessed and if maybe I made some plans I didn't know about. How much energy should we spend on things like this!?!

Funny thing was everything I wrote seemed totally normal and I followed the conversation and responding normally (with spelling mistakes). But I don't remember any of it. How scary is that!?!

For those who kind of find themselves "planning" to relapse. I don't really know what to say. I planned it days before it finally happened. But I still think being truthful here might put you in a better position to avoid a relapse. But who am I to talk? All I know is I knew this would happen long before. Maybe I would have listened to someone? Maybe not.

All I know is it is better to stay true here. I mean, I didn't want to talk about my relapse at first, but then again - what's the point if we can't be 100 % honest here?

Hope you are all doing well, I am thinking much of you.
Old 12-13-2015, 04:27 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  
Administrator

hey Cristina

D
Old 12-13-2015, 05:12 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  

It's crazy how much I still think about alcohol, even with no intention or interest to drink. Driving by the wine store, lighting up the BBQ, going to a restaurant...I'd be better off deferring to those with long-term sobriety how long it takes for these thoughts to fade but I can't wait for the day when I don't think of booze off and on every hour. So engrained in my brain and in my routine I guess. I'd love to be able to free up my brain for other things...seems there's so much more out there than booze and booze just doesn't deserve so much of my time!
Old 12-13-2015, 05:17 PM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Hey guys,

What can I say...out of the blue the AV hit yesterday and without looking back or second guessing I caved and once again tried to prove to myself that I could drink normal! Well, no surprise, I can't!!! 18 beers later I ended up in the ER after I somehow managed to get my foot caught in our screen door and cut my heel all the way to the Achilles tendon! Had to get 7 stitches and can't run on it for a month! I barely remember doing it and didn't feel any pain, but woke up hungover and in tremendous pain! My wife, whom didn't drink, is really upset and is giving me an ultimatum...I agreed that if I had one more slip I'd go back into rehab. I wen't to rehab when i first got sober for three weeks, not something I wish to do again, but at this point I have to find something that will work. I'm obviously not strong enough on my own! I'm going to humble myself and go back to AA as well. I have to stop guys, I'm so tired of this cycle! I should have come on here first, but I was honestly scared I'd be talked out of it, isn't that insanity!!!

Love you all and thanks for your support, I'm going to beat this, we all are!
Old 12-13-2015, 05:48 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear about the slip ultradad. That's really a bummer. We're here for you man...pretty much around the clock support, unconditional.
Old 12-13-2015, 06:27 PM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Hi Ultradad, I’m so sorry that your slip ended up with an injury too. As I shared before, I was at 8 months in ’14 when I pretty much did the same thing; I wanted to drink and no one was going to talk me out of it. The difference is, out of shame, I didn’t report back to my class or log back onto SR. My slip lasted 15 months! In January this year, I stumbled trying to leash my dog and nearly broke my ankle. I had a badly sprained foot and ankle, bruised up to mid-calf that took more than 6 months to heal. Even that didn’t pull me out of the trance. It isn’t the 18th beer that got you, it was the 1st; it always is. Stick with us and arm yourself with AA and any other support that will reinforce your commitment.

This disease is total insanity; it overrides all common sense and drives us to do the same thing over and over, expecting different results. Best wishes to you for a speedy recovery!
Old 12-13-2015, 06:30 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Welcome CristinaN, I'm so glad you found us. Congratulations on 23 days, it sounds like you're off to a good start!
Old 12-13-2015, 06:55 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TryingInTexas View Post
Finished the half marathon! And turned down the free beer at the end. No speed records set - I was something like 6000 out of 8000 - but it was my first one so I'll take that!
Congrats TX! Hope you aren't too sore!
Old 12-13-2015, 06:56 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CristinaN View Post
Hi ChristinaN, welcome back.
Old 12-13-2015, 06:58 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Sorry about the injury ultradad. Ouch. You can do this! We are on your side.
Old 12-13-2015, 06:59 PM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by enfinthechange View Post
Shop closed... I'm in the bath with a cup of tea and a book. Thanks guys!!!
Glad you got thru it enfin. Much more agreeable end to the day. Good job!
Old 12-13-2015, 07:03 PM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
Hey all you guys who's AVs are screaming in your ear....don't listen. Think ALL THE WAY THROUGH THE DRINK!

Will it really be worth it??? After 30 minutes or so you won't even feel good. You will start to feel all the guilt, shame, remorse, depression & anxiety again. There will be consequences; there always are! You will "wake your disease back up" so the next time you quit it will be even harder & the cravings will be stronger! You may not get another chance!!! There are only 3 ways out of this:
1. Stay sober
2. Drink until you eventually die a slow hellish death
3. Jail or psych ward

I dunno...doesn't sound fun to me! Just because other people slip up & drink doesn't mean I am going to. No one EVER comes back after a slip/relapse and says "gee! That was fun!" Everyone always comes back & says they regret it!

Come on! Don't let the AV tell you that drinking is a good idea! It lies!!! You can do this! You can save your life!!! AND be happy!
Thanks for the hard work with the list kiki, think you've done your duty. Sounds like a wonderful way to spend the 30 day anniversary. 'bbf
Old 12-13-2015, 08:30 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ultradad View Post
Hey guys, What can I say...out of the blue the AV hit yesterday and without looking back or second guessing I caved and once again tried to prove to myself that I could drink normal! Well, no surprise, I can't!!! 18 beers later I ended up in the ER after I somehow managed to get my foot caught in our screen door and cut my heel all the way to the Achilles tendon! Had to get 7 stitches and can't run on it for a month! I barely remember doing it and didn't feel any pain, but woke up hungover and in tremendous pain! My wife, whom didn't drink, is really upset and is giving me an ultimatum...I agreed that if I had one more slip I'd go back into rehab. I wen't to rehab when i first got sober for three weeks, not something I wish to do again, but at this point I have to find something that will work. I'm obviously not strong enough on my own! I'm going to humble myself and go back to AA as well. I have to stop guys, I'm so tired of this cycle! I should have come on here first, but I was honestly scared I'd be talked out of it, isn't that insanity!!! Love you all and thanks for your support, I'm going to beat this, we all are!
I'm sorry you chose to drink again ultradad. :-( I'm also sorry about your injury but so glad it wasn't worse. I think it would be great if you went back AA. It's really helping me & I don't feel like I'm white knuckling it anymore. I feel like I'm just on a great "journey" to happiness.

Trust me, my AV still pops up & I have ups and downs but my worst days sober are still a million times better than my best days drunk. I believe in you! You can and will do this! I'm glad you are adding more support to you plan! I think that will be the key for you. :-)