Notices

Class of November 2015 Part 6

Old 12-17-2015, 08:51 PM
  # 461 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SwimKim12 View Post
SM, glad you made it through the event. And Denise, congratulations on 20 days! I hope everyone is well Tomorrow is my last day before a week off. Tomorrow night there is a retirement gathering for one of my coworkers, but I'm not worried about it - no desire to drink with coworkers (no one drinks much anyway). Saturday night I have a holiday party with some friends, but they all know I've quit drinking so I'm not worried about that. Will be the DD just for extra ammo in case the AV pops up. I'm looking forward to getting all glammed up and not being a (hot) mess. Take care, All!
You are doing so well Kim! I'm glad you don't have a desire to drink! It's pure poison! Extra ammo is always good! I do the same thing! We can never be too careful!
Old 12-17-2015, 09:21 PM
  # 462 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post

I love being sober because I am actually living my life & accomplishing things!
Me too! I was just thinking about that tonight. My son had a loose tooth (he's 8) and was pretty freaked out because it was bleeding. After I pulled his tooth out we cuddled up and read a book. It was great knowing that I was there 100% for him
Old 12-17-2015, 09:24 PM
  # 463 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by patricia68 View Post
Me too! I was just thinking about that tonight. My son had a loose tooth (he's 8) and was pretty freaked out because it was bleeding. After I pulled his tooth out we cuddled up and read a book. It was great knowing that I was there 100% for him
Doesn't it feel good? I've noticed a big change in my kids already! They seem happier, more carefree & they laugh more! I didn't realize how much my drinking was hurting them! I'm so glad we are both sober for our kids. They deserve sober moms. :-)
Old 12-17-2015, 09:25 PM
  # 464 (permalink)  

Hot afternoon....bars full and noisy as I walk home.
Hmmm......
But I'm going to make it to my son's sport final this evening.....
Old 12-17-2015, 09:37 PM
  # 465 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by canguy View Post
Hot afternoon....bars full and noisy as I walk home. Hmmm...... But I'm going to make it to my son's sport final this evening.....
NOPE! Shut up AV! Do NOT mess with canguy!!! Stop telling him lies!

Canguy...don't even think about it! You KNOW it will end in misery!!!

You got this!!!
Old 12-17-2015, 09:38 PM
  # 466 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's great Patricia
great for you too Canguy - keep your focus

D
Old 12-17-2015, 11:10 PM
  # 467 (permalink)  

Good morning all,

Another sober night last night. Cooked for my children, a goats cheese and red onion tart with a pomegranate and grapefruit salad with toasted pine nuts.

If I'm honest, I really did miss not having a bottle of wine on the go but the pleasure of seeing my daughter eating healthily was a bigger buzz than any alcohol could offer.

Great work on the sober days classmates and thank you to everyone for the continued support in my sober journey.

Keep going Badger, you can and will beat this.
Old 12-18-2015, 02:05 AM
  # 468 (permalink)  

I am still feeling very depressed. I am trying to separate the thoughts and realise that
1. there are very real issues and circumstances in my life (other than drinking) that are legitimate reasons to feel sad and worried about
2. in order to get out of my depression I have to deal with those things and try to figure out what to do.
3. drinking won't help.

It's all very simple and of course I knew this all the time. Just trying to repeat and repeat it to push my usual pattern away.
Old 12-18-2015, 02:27 AM
  # 469 (permalink)  
Administrator

It took a little while for my emotions to level out Dallow - at least 3 months. Don't give up hope

D
Old 12-18-2015, 04:11 AM
  # 470 (permalink)  

Hello everyone up getting ready for work this morning , I have to work all weekend . Today is day 21 for me , 3 weeks , I am feeling good .

I am in the process of working through some personal issues with myself. Things are good with me and my husband when I am not drinking , but I still feel anger over the way he treated me when I was drinking. I feel that I was thrown under the us on man occasions . Its like me drinking made all the good things I have done null and void, we have been married 26 year , have always worked hard and have greatly assisted in the support of my house hold .

well just venting this am ,I will fall into this forum and tell you all about me mort this week, but for now I am off to change the world. have a good day.
Old 12-18-2015, 04:16 AM
  # 471 (permalink)  

Way to stay strong Canguy!

So, I'm back from work and my wife's Christmas party is today. No alcohol drinking allowed, but each year the gifts are always alcohol or alcohol related! I'm still planning on attending the meeting tonight and hopefully the cravings won't hit too hard today. We stopped a little while ago at the store and I instinctively walked over and just gave a quick glance at the alcohol section...I get back in the van and I'm like WTH is wrong with me! Why would I even look and what am I looking for??? That AV is a sneaky devil!
Old 12-18-2015, 04:17 AM
  # 472 (permalink)  

Morning all,

I know what you mean about emotions being all over the place. I can still go from calm to angry in the space of about, ooh, two seconds.

I had a good chat with my sponsor this morning. She's such a fab lady and is happy to go at my pace with everything. I've heard of some sponsors who expect calls every day. I was a bit aghast at that, but if it works for that person, who am I to comment. Remember, Snowvelvet, it's none of your business!!

(Though I though it was meant to be powerless over alcohol, not powerless over my own life. OK, it's out of my system now!)

I'm going Christmas shopping with my Mum this afternoon. I am so very fortunate that I currently don't need to worry about work at the moment. I am concentrating on getting well.

I am going to try and get some gold liquid eyeliner though. Now I've cleared my make up basket, I am noticing a lot of gaps. Obviously, gold eyeliner is essential... It's not alcohol, so I am going to treat myself.

Hope everyone has a great day. Day 44.

Keep posting all. x
Old 12-18-2015, 06:16 AM
  # 473 (permalink)  

Snowvelvet: everybody needs a little gold eyeliner in their lives! So much better than alcohol!

Dallow, I feel the exact same way. I'm trying to deal with my depression, and I know that alcohol does nothing to help me out on that front (other than numb the feelings of despair for a few hours.) I've struggled with that a lot over the past few weeks. Some days I feel worse than I did when I was drinking and I almost give in, because a few hours of relief seems totally worth it, but I try to keep telling myself that drinking will only dig me deeper into the black hole of depression. While it may help in the short term, it will kill me! I hope that you can find something that will help you, because it's horrible to feel this way. Don't give up hope! I'm a firm believer that things will get better for us.
Old 12-18-2015, 06:50 AM
  # 474 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberMarathon View Post
I'm here everyone, company gone, stayed clear of any wine. Thanks a lot for being there for me. It really means a lot knowing I have this level of support on my iPhone!!

Awkward and anxious evening for me...my wife and the company just guzzling back the red wine, opening another bottle, topping off their glasses. The company gave me a big plastic candy cane full of Bailey's Irish Cream as a gesture. Double great.

Oh well, I made it through it, no real craving or temptation, just awkward and anxious. Sobriety will conquer these situations, just gotta be strong and stick to the plan.

Thanks again everyone!!
Lol, yeah. One of the times I was trying to stop drinking some friends gave me tequila as a thank you for watching their dog. :-) I did not stick to the plan. I'll have to find a way to politely turn down any gifts of alcohol in the future. Great job SM!
Old 12-18-2015, 06:59 AM
  # 475 (permalink)  

Day 33 and HEADACHES!!!

Hi guys, not looking for medical advice...just experience. I've been getting headaches off & on all week & have a horrible one right now! Ouch!

I'm wondering if it's early sobriety? Dehydration? I could probably drink more water...

Just wondering if anyone is experiencing this.

Have a good day.
Old 12-18-2015, 07:06 AM
  # 476 (permalink)  

Yep Kiki, that happened to me too. Not so much anymore, but a couple weeks ago, I had headaches in the back of my head that were so bad they made me cry. I ended up just putting a hot cloth on my head and lying down, and that seemed to help a bit.
Old 12-18-2015, 07:56 AM
  # 477 (permalink)  

Yes Kiki I had headaches for a while. They went away. Sleep and water helped.
Old 12-18-2015, 09:25 AM
  # 478 (permalink)  

Hey guys! Busy morning at work so quick check in. Will write more later! Have a good one
Old 12-18-2015, 11:10 AM
  # 479 (permalink)  

Thanks Learntofly and Christina. I went back to sleep for a while but it's still there. It's in the forehead area of my head. I'm gonna get up & drink lots of water & take ibuprofen.

My body is recovering from ALOT of damage! Hopefully my brain is healing & I will be smarter after this! Lol.
Old 12-18-2015, 11:20 AM
  # 480 (permalink)  

Day 21 here .
Kind of finding myself on sober auto pilot.... Im not even thinkng about having the after work beer or weekend whiskey. I have to believe that my focus on fitness has been a major player in my sucess.
With that said ,i want to share my advice to you. Idle hands are the devils playground. Find a healthy outlet that gets your mind off alchohol and focus on that. Day one is the toughest.... But it does get better w time.