Notices

Class of November 2015 Part 4

Old 11-30-2015, 08:31 PM
  # 441 (permalink)  

December!!! Bring it on

Hope this class stays as big and strong as it has been the past month! We got this!
Old 11-30-2015, 08:33 PM
  # 442 (permalink)  

New classroom!!!
Old 11-30-2015, 08:52 PM
  # 443 (permalink)  

Today was a better day

I think my 5htp supplements are starting to kick in. No depression at all today. Quite the opposite, I had this burst of energy so I decided to clean the house and prep meals for the week.

I had lots of anxiety though. Mostly because my husband was home all day and was again in a horrible mood. I'm trying to change my reaction to his midlife crisis or whatever it is that he's going through. I'm trying to focus on my own happiness and give him space.

And a cup of chamomile tea before bedtime is happiness right now
Old 11-30-2015, 09:16 PM
  # 444 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Odelle View Post
Goldensands, never tasting an IPA again is a small price to pay for breaking out of this prison! Also, this opens new avenues to taste test many excellent non-alcoholic beverages. Congratulations on hitting 15 days, something you should be very proud of. Off topic, you mentioned dog training, are you taking your pup to classes or are you training on your own? I have a 1 ½ y/o German Shephard who missed out on puppy training because of illnesses and allergies the first 3-4 months after we got her (she was 2.5 months then). She is very antisocial around other dogs, almost aggressive, and is now acting up with strangers too. Any tips?
Odelle, You're right. I had a dream last night after posting that. My dream was that I had a freakin' beer! I was immediately so disappointed in myself and regretted it. So, won't be doing that. lol

As for dog training, I've been meeting with a trainer once a month for 5 months. My girl is 8 months old. Of course i would say that if you can find a really good obedience club, you could sign up for classes. It's crucial for german shepherds to get as much socialization as possible or it will bite you in the ass later. It sounds likes like that is what she missed out on. Example: take your dog weekly to all places where animals are allowed- bass pro, barnes and noble, home depot or lowes (double check first), city/town events, dog parks, pet stores. Have everyone and anyone come up and give her treats. People who come to your house, have them give her treats. Have her around kids, other dogs, lots of treats and praise around these things. socialize, socialize, socialize! She is still young enough to turn it around i'm sure.
But definitely look into obedience classes- that is your best bet and far worth the money. not the petco/petsmart ones. The club i found here is amazing and surprisingly affordable.

Agility classes would also be super fun for you and your german shepherd, and actually be really good for you while you heal in sobriety. At least that it what i am told! haha, my trainer is pushing me to start agility in January and i think it really would help me- keep me busy one night a week and give me a hobby etc. We actually went out to the agility field today and had a blast letting Stella (my dog) learn a bunch of the obstacles. These dogs are so smart and pick up quick.
Omg, i'm so sorry this is way off topic and ill shut up now!!

OMG i thought I lost you guys for a second!! I typed all this ^^^ hours ago and forgot to hit send I guess, then when i tried to post it the november class was gone lol I knew it was moved somewhere but had a slight panic that i wouldn't be able to find you guys! Haha, i need yall! Happy december
Old 11-30-2015, 09:26 PM
  # 445 (permalink)  

Recommitting to writing and reading. Dancing as much as I can. I will be too busy being creative and fit to drink (fingers crossed). Trying to meet my failures with kindness and push to change tomorrow, bc I can't do anything about yesterday or the past. But the future is something I have enough control of to eliminate some of the ****! I can't control if all, obviously, but I can make a valiant effort. Good night and thanks for letting me express myself here.
Old 11-30-2015, 09:35 PM
  # 446 (permalink)  

Patricia and strangeangel, I'm glad you both had a better day Seems like many had a good day today, which isn't always easy for a Monday after a holiday!

I am doing well. Motivated, energized and focused. A complete reversal from six days ago. Sobriety suits me pretty dang well

See you all on the flip side
Old 11-30-2015, 09:35 PM
  # 447 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
He means Daily Support Forum This thread moves there on the 1st (or thereabouts allowing for world timezones). I'll be a few hours yet before I get the chance Nothing else changes about the thread, save for its location. The new Class of December thread will take your place here. It's for everyone quitting in December D
Ok thx Dee! :-)
Old 11-30-2015, 09:37 PM
  # 448 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FacingFuture View Post
Hey Team, I'd like to join this thread and the Dec one. The folks here who have multiple days in and are doing well are an inspiration (as are all of you)!
Welcome FacingFuture! :-)
Old 11-30-2015, 09:52 PM
  # 449 (permalink)  

We graduated! Thanks Dee
Strangeangel i love your mindset right now!
Patricia, you too loving the positive energy
Old 11-30-2015, 10:23 PM
  # 450 (permalink)  

(And swim Kim and dallow and everyone else! )

It's the end of my day 16. Have just been messaging with my siblings in a group chat all evening. I can tell one of my sisters is drunk. She is the sister that really helped get me into drinking.. She has been an alcoholic for many years now. She is Talking about how she is being the "therapist"for my other sister's (who is also a ln alcoholic) alcoholic abusive boyfriend who has almost killed them both numerous times while drunk... I ask "soo you're all drinking? This makes it all worse." And then she shows me a pic of her new bf - who's, of course, holding a glass of liquor. I see so clearly now how everyone in my family has a problem with alcohol and they even bring everyone into their lives who also have problems with alcohol. This stuff is poison, it ruins lives. It ruins so many things that could be good. So , so glad to be ridding myself of this. It won't drag me down anymore. I wish they would all get help too. I wish I could have typed out this epiphany better but I'm on my phone and hands are cramping up!
Old 11-30-2015, 10:56 PM
  # 451 (permalink)  

I made it through day three! It got tough for a minute. But I'm in bed sober binging--on the good wife. I drank a great deal of licorice tea this evening and I'm feeling better. I hope everyone feels well and stays strong.
Old 11-30-2015, 11:23 PM
  # 452 (permalink)  

Day 7. No smoking NO drinking
Old 11-30-2015, 11:23 PM
  # 453 (permalink)  

I managed another three hours sleep, good morning day 3!
Old 11-30-2015, 11:40 PM
  # 454 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by paul37 View Post
I managed another three hours sleep, good morning day 3!
Awesome! It will keep getting better.
Old 11-30-2015, 11:41 PM
  # 455 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Missy7 View Post
I made it through day three! It got tough for a minute. But I'm in bed sober binging--on the good wife. I drank a great deal of licorice tea this evening and I'm feeling better. I hope everyone feels well and stays strong.
Day 3 is notoriously difficult. Great job!
Old 12-01-2015, 02:53 AM
  # 456 (permalink)  

Good morning, day 15 here!

Up earlier than usual for work, gee no booze in the system helps huh?

Congrats on everbody marking more sober days, woohoo!

Off to shower and start my day, be back later.
Old 12-01-2015, 03:10 AM
  # 457 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by patricia68 View Post
Today was a better day

I think my 5htp supplements are starting to kick in. No depression at all today. Quite the opposite, I had this burst of energy so I decided to clean the house and prep meals for the week.

I had lots of anxiety though. Mostly because my husband was home all day and was again in a horrible mood. I'm trying to change my reaction to his midlife crisis or whatever it is that he's going through. I'm trying to focus on my own happiness and give him space.

And a cup of chamomile tea before bedtime is happiness right now
I know that feeling. .. my husband is so.hurt.by my actions... it's horrible at home as I feel so bad and he won't communicate. But I am still sober yey!!! Going to heal me first this time and make me a priority for once. If I can....
Old 12-01-2015, 03:57 AM
  # 458 (permalink)  

Good morning on Day 9. Up at 5:30am and will go for a 5 mile run. Need to stay on track and so I'm trying to exercise at least 5x per week for now. Lots of AV chatter on my drive home last night...to the point I just had to talk out loud to myself saying 'no SM!'.

My drinking hurts people that are close to me, it hurts my health, it hurts my reputation, it hurts my wallet, it hurts my productivity, it hurts my mind and my soul. If I choose to drink in spite of these consequences, I deserve what I get.

Was scrolling through the 10s of posts I missed in the past 12hrs...lots of good sobriety accumulating amongst us. Is it my imagination or are there way more women in recovery here?? Just an observation!
Old 12-01-2015, 04:04 AM
  # 459 (permalink)  

Good morning everybody start of day 4 for me I'm feeling much better hopeful for the future thanks everyone for your support off to work now for another 12 hour shift I'll check back in tonight.
Old 12-01-2015, 05:11 AM
  # 460 (permalink)  

Good Tuesday morning and WELCOME TO DECEMBER!!!(12/1/15) :-)

:-) Welcome FacingFuture to the class!

*****NOTE*****
Some people don't like to count days. If anyone wants me to take them off this list or just put something generic liked Jsbodhi has below, no problem!!! OH and send me a PRIVATE MESSAGE if I need to change anything. :-)

We are STRONGER TOGETHER!!!

Canguy -23 days
HealthyGoals -16 days
Me (KiKi) -16 days
Patricia -? days
StrangeAngel- 4 days
Pams -16 days
GoldenSands -17 days
CurlyGirl -26 days
KeepNitreal -24 days
BlackBirdFly -17 days
Noolan -12 days
SwimKim - 7 days
MeShelly -17 days
Thumbelina -32 days
Lisa247 -11 days
WalkTheLine-11 days
Supertired -6 days
Jsbodhi - "in between 30 days somewhere" :-)
Max74 -31 days
DariaM -11 days
ForeverFuzzy -12 days
BadSneakers -22 days
Jemma44 -23 days
Blondsober -9 days
Snowvelvet -27 days
GoldCoastGirl -10 days
Rivelino -10 days
TheRake -10 days
Badger257 -17 days
Odelle -10 days
Tufty13 -30 days
TryinginTexas - 17 days
Onetimeless -25 days
Dallow - 9 days
Learntofly -38 days
Faithfulandfree - 3 day
Tootsiesdad -23 days
SoberMarathon -9 days
Introspectator- 16 days
RedAndy -17 days
Jackie1214 -8 days
Neverthought - ? days
Rah555 -8 days
Alphonse -14 days
amitranjan04 -7 days
ultradad -11 days
SoulPower89 - ? days
got2stopnow -9 days
Fabat50 -24 days
Enfinthechange -4 days
SilentCinemaFan -4 days
SunnyDenver -9 days
VanillaChaiTea -4 days
Lily76 -4 days
Deniselarkin -4 days
Emma99- 4 days
Augusta1893 -4 days
Determined82 -4 Days
JL2014 - ? days
Chicklet -7 days
Mish - ? days
Missy7 -4 days
Richmahogany -7 days
Paul37 -3 days
Tatersalad -4 days
FacingFuture-? days -Welcome!!!

66 CLASSMATES!

*REMEMBER-all we REALLY have is TODAY...this 24 hours. It's not a race. There is no shame in starting over as long as we NEVER GIVE UP!!! There is no graduation; just a wonderful journey into the happiness and amazing life we all deserve...