Notices

Class of November 2015 Part 3

Old 11-22-2015, 08:14 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Last update of the weekend. Added another classmate! Nite all! :-)

UPDATE: (Sunday 11/22/15) Adding Odelle! :-)

*****NOTE*****
Some people don't like to count days. If anyone wants me to take them off this list or just put something generic like Jsbodhi has below, no problem!!! OH and let me know if I need to change anything. :-)

We are STRONGER TOGETHER!!!

Gifford -16 days
Canguy -14 days
HealthyGoals -7 days
Me (KiKi) -7 days
Patricia -9 days
StrangeAngel -"working her butt off!" :-)
Pams -7 days
GoldenSands -7 days
CurlyGirl -17 days
KeepNitreal -14 days
BlackBirdFly -8 days
Noolan -3 days
SwimKim -12 days
MeShelly -8 days
Thumbelina -23 days
Lisa247 -2 days
Jackie1214 -2 days
WalkTheLine-2 days
Supertired -8 days
Jsbodhi - "in between 30 days somewhere" :-)
Max74 -22 days
DariaM -1 day-you got this girl!!!
ForeverFuzzy -3 days
BadSneakers -13 days
Jemma44 -14 days
Blondsober -1 day-you can do this!!!
Snowvelvet -18 days
GoldCoastGirl -1 day-you can & will do this!!!
Rivelino -1 day-you are GOING to succeed!!
TheRake -1 day-believe in yourself!!!
Badger257 -8 days
Odelle -1 day-you are gonna make it!!!

*REMEMBER-all we REALLY have is TODAY...this 24 hours. It's not a race. There is no shame in starting over as long as we NEVER GIVE UP!!! There is no graduation; just a wonderful journey into the happiness and amazing life we all deserve...
Old 11-22-2015, 08:39 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Ugh. Anxiety shame and depression kicking in. Why do I ever think I'll feel good drinking? I feel so powerless and hard starting over every week when will I ever feel like ice made progress. How do I get past week one? Especially this time of year?
Old 11-22-2015, 08:50 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  
Administrator

One hour at a time if needs be strangeangel

It will get better - I promise!

D
Old 11-22-2015, 08:55 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by strangeangel View Post
How do I get past week one? Especially this time of year?
Thinking in terms of weeks/months seems like an eternity. It's scary. It causes anxiety. Why don't you remove time from the equation? Just don't drink "right now".

I am depressed, but I'm not drinking right now.
I am worried, anxious, stressed out, but I can survive without drinking right now.
It's the Holiday season and it seems like everybody is drinking, but I can still have fun without drinking right now.
Old 11-22-2015, 09:29 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by patricia68 View Post
Thinking in terms of weeks/months seems like an eternity. It's scary. It causes anxiety. Why don't you remove time from the equation? Just don't drink "right now". I am depressed, but I'm not drinking right now. I am worried, anxious, stressed out, but I can survive without drinking right now. It's the Holiday season and it seems like everybody is drinking, but I can still have fun without drinking right now.
Good idea. ^^^ How about that StrangeAngel? Does that cause less anxiety & stress?

Also, try not to "think" too much right now. Your AV thinks it has a hold of you again & is trying to make you hate yourself so you drink again.

AV Lies! They are all lies! God doesn't make junk! You are a worthy person deserving of sobriety and happiness!!!
Old 11-22-2015, 11:06 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Hi Odelle, I think I was in the same class in Jan 2014 as you so welcome back. I have had good periods and not so good but am back here and loving the wonderful support. At least we are still trying and haven't given up.
Old 11-22-2015, 11:08 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Goldcoastgirl View Post
At least we are still trying and haven't given up.
Exactly!!! :-)
Old 11-22-2015, 11:29 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Not gonna lie.. Slipped tonight. Nothing major, even though I know that's not an excuse. Going to go to bed remembering everything, especially my weakness. I'm a disgustingly honest person, so I'm going to say, I'm so happy to be sober, but it's going to take a minute for me to be stone cold. I need to ween myself. Am I proud of myself tonight? No, but I'm proud I didn't go overboard. Do I think this is sustainable? No. Am I begged off sober? Yes. Please, don't judge me. I need a place of acceptance. Staring day 1 tomorrow. But a less severe day 1. Pray for me that I can learn.
I'm sorry you had a slip. It was a weird day. Do you know what your trigger was and how to fight it the next time? Don't be so hard on yourself. You're worth it!

I was grateful today that when I was at my weakest our whole group was there for me. It really helped me stay strong. We are here for you, just reach out! I hope you feel ok in the morning and are ready to start day 1. Try not to worry about what happened before or what comes next, just deal with the present day.

Kiki- thanks so much for keeping us all updated and being there for all of us!!!
Old 11-23-2015, 12:21 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Thanks Kiki and morning all. Super frosty in the UK.

Try not to beat yourself up strangeangel. I'm sure we've all been there many times. If it was that easy, we'd have cracked this year's ago, right?

I'm off to try a new meeting today. Hopefully will meet a bunch of new people I can ask for numbers from. I'm an AA girl and I'm taking any chance to expand my circle.

No one knows what it's like unless they've been there.

Keep going all. Day 19 just starting.
Old 11-23-2015, 12:35 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Morning Class,

I'm feeling a bit rubbish this morning, possibly because I slept in, possibly because I ate crap all weekend, possibly because I spent all Saturday and all Sunday studying and that's exhausted me. I really don't know why.

I do know that it's not from too much alcohol though and that's good enough for me. Day 22 of my sober recovery......and I won't be drinking today - no way - not on your Nelly - not a chance.

Best wishes to everyone, keep it up class!
Old 11-23-2015, 01:09 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Checking in, day 4, tufty you're doing great, as is everyone here who is trying. No one ever did anything worthwhile without "TRYING" and no matter how many times you try it's got to be better than oblivion.

Off to see my addiction counsellor this morning, am really interested what she's got to say about my 7 weeks sober followed by 4 week binge. I really want to learn from this and face it head on!

Keep going all xxx
Old 11-23-2015, 02:48 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. Starting day 8 over here.

Hand surgery this afternoon so I most likely won't be checking in between 12 noon and 7pm. Going to do my usual discussion with anesthesia and instruct them not to over medicate me. I don't and have never done drugs so anything remotely strong makes me sick. Not a fan of pain medication either but I'll do what I have to do.

Guess I won't be drinking today!
Old 11-23-2015, 02:50 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Ugh. Anxiety shame and depression kicking in. Why do I ever think I'll feel good drinking? I feel so powerless and hard starting over every week when will I ever feel like ice made progress. How do I get past week one? Especially this time of year?
The weekends are tough! That was me at the beginning of last week. My outlook is much better 8 days later. Hang in there with us!
Old 11-23-2015, 03:16 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Healthygoals View Post
Good morning everyone. Starting day 8 over here.

Hand surgery this afternoon so I most likely won't be checking in between 12 noon and 7pm. Going to do my usual discussion with anesthesia and instruct them not to over medicate me. I don't and have never done drugs so anything remotely strong makes me sick. Not a fan of pain medication either but I'll do what I have to do.

Guess I won't be drinking today!
Best of luck on the surgery!
Old 11-23-2015, 03:58 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  
Administrator

Best wishes healthygoals

D
Old 11-23-2015, 05:07 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

I can't make this up!

So I'm sitting here reading "Drinking a lover story" by Caroline Knapp (bought at a thrift store) and a fully formed dried out pot leaf fell out. I can't stop laughing!
Old 11-23-2015, 05:13 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

So I'm sitting here reading "Drinking a lover story" by Caroline Knapp (bought at a thrift store) and a fully formed dried out pot leaf fell out. I can't stop laughing!
Omg! Hilarious!!!!! Hahahaha
Old 11-23-2015, 05:18 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Too funny! I guess it's fitting tho.. Thanks for support everyone. I'm feeling better and ready to tackle it again. My trigger was I was having am such a nice time with my gf and we went to lunch and having a glass of wine just seemed so lovely. Well, I can't have one! It wasn't a total disaster and my day 1 today is the best day 1 Yet , but It's too easy for my me to slide down that bad path again. I didn't smoke or do drugs, so that's a positive. I will not drink today. One day at a time
Old 11-23-2015, 05:27 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

As I was driving home from work I got that old familiar feeling. I'm closing in on the gas station closest to my house. The AV thought process begins... "I don't have to go pick up the kids because my ex is on winter layoff." "My hubby is already gone for the day & I can binge without being caught." (until later when he sees cans and Im coming down from buzzed and irritable) "I'm overly tired from working the night shift. Almost feels like ive already been drinking" Then Something whispers to me "stop for some beers." My heart sank and I said a firm NO outloud. I had just described my hate for this exact scenerio earlier in another thread, and there I was thinking of doing it! Ack!

I said im going to be sober outloud the whole way home. It's like I have to constantly obsess about not drinking to not drink. I'm sure that someday... after I get some time under my belt...it will become easier. But this morning I was caught completely off guard.

Anyway, stay strong, don't drink or drug and hope you all have a great sober Monday. I'll check in later. Im off for some zzzz
Old 11-23-2015, 05:36 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Post Overcoming Triggers/Joining In

Originally Posted by Keepnitreal View Post
I'm sorry you had a slip. It was a weird day. Do you know what your trigger was and how to fight it the next time? Don't be so hard on yourself. You're worth it!

I was grateful today that when I was at my weakest our whole group was there for me. It really helped me stay strong. We are here for you, just reach out! I hope you feel ok in the morning and are ready to start day 1. Try not to worry about what happened before or what comes next, just deal with the present day.

Kiki- thanks so much for keeping us all updated and being there for all of us!!!
"]I don't understand at all. [/B] Groups are a huge trigger for me. My "dad" used to beat me, only me, most relentlessly in "family meetings." I hated when he got me in a corner. Would rather he threw me. Even on here I panic listening to so many "voices," and sometimes I ache to be a part without being so sensitive. These holidays are tormentative.
Any thoughts?