Notices

Class of November 2015 Part 3

Old 11-22-2015, 11:40 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GoldenSands View Post
Thanks. You're right. But I wonder, should I just tell him it's okay if he brings some home for him, but that I wont touch it?
No no no! Please no! I didn't mean that! Just allow him to support you by never having it around. That's the safest way to do it.
Old 11-22-2015, 12:25 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Welcome Blondsober and Snowvelvet!!! We are so glad you guys are here! I will add you both to the sobriety list. :-)

Good morning CanGuy!

GoldenSands-I totally relate to your husband not "getting it"! It drives me nuts because my husband is a normal drinker too. He doesn't understand why I can't stop & I don't understand why he WANTS to stop. Thankfully we have an alcohol-free home now. I don't trust myself! Stay strong!!!

Jsbodhi-I'm so glad you got some sleep! We need it while our bodies are recovering.

DariaM-Yay! Day 2! I'm so glad you feel better this morning. I'm sure it IS better than the way you felt yesterday morning. Each day will feel better and better if we just don't drink! Forgive yourself for Friday. I'm sure whatever you did wasn't THAT bad and I bet no one is thinking about it. :-) 0% interest in alcohol is great!!! Stay on your toes though. The AV is sneaky and patient.

StrangeAngel, My AV was whispering to me too about an hour ago! I immediately called my sponsor on the phone and we talked about it. It's gone now. Stupid AV! Mine is a lying SOB too! Grrrrr....

KeepNItreal-I'm worried about you! I hope you are ok. (((Praying)))
Old 11-22-2015, 12:28 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

UPDATE: (Sunday 11/22/15) Adding Blondsober & Snowvelvet ! :-)

*****NOTE*****
Some people don't like to count days. If anyone wants me to take them off this list or just put something generic like Jsbodhi has below, no problem!!! OH and let me know if I need to change anything. :-)

We are STRONGER TOGETHER!!!

Gifford -16 days
Canguy -14 days
HealthyGoals -7 days
Me (KiKi) -7 days
Patricia -9 days
StrangeAngel -8 days
Pams -7 days
GoldenSands -7 days
CurlyGirl -17 days
KeepNitreal -14 days
BlackBirdFly -8 days
Noolan -3 days
SwimKim -12 days
MeShelly -8 days
Thumbelina -23 days
Lisa247 -2 days
Jackie1214 -2 days
WalkTheLine-2 days
Supertired -8 days
Jsbodhi - "in between 30 days somewhere" :-)
Max74 -22 days
DariaM -1 day-you got this girl!!!
ForeverFuzzy -3 days
BadSneakers -13 days
Jemma44 -14 days
Blondsober -1 day-you can do this!!!
Snowvelvet -18 days

*REMEMBER-all we REALLY have is TODAY...this 24 hours. It's not a race. There is no shame in starting over as long as we NEVER GIVE UP!!! There is no graduation; just a wonderful journey into the happiness and amazing life we all deserve...
Old 11-22-2015, 12:54 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Hi Kiki, Thumbelina and everybody. Really tough morning! It took me by surprise! Anyway, I'm ok right now. Playing RISK with the family to keep positive, but I wanted to check in. Cried like a baby, but didn't drink. Thanks for caring. You guys really help! I'll check in later. I'm fighting this. I want to get through day 14 sober!
Old 11-22-2015, 01:06 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome snowvelvet

I'm glad you got through Keepnitreal

No reason for you to feel guilty GoldenSand - it was a lovely supportive offer by your husband

thanks for the kind words, guys

D
Old 11-22-2015, 01:07 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Keepnitreal View Post
Hi Kiki, Thumbelina and everybody. Really tough morning! It took me by surprise! Anyway, I'm ok right now. Playing RISK with the family to keep positive, but I wanted to check in. Cried like a baby, but didn't drink. Thanks for caring. You guys really help! I'll check in later. I'm fighting this. I want to get through day 14 sober!
YES!!! Great job kicking that AV's voice and allowing yourself to feel your feelings instead of drinking over them. You ROCK!!!
Old 11-22-2015, 01:22 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Awww! (((Hug))) I cry over this too. I just get really scared.
The only thing we can do is beat this and get sober xoxo
Old 11-22-2015, 01:49 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Welcome to the new members of the class!

I had a "me" day today and totally indulged in clothes shopping, chocolate and coffee once again. Had a blast finding incredible bargains in 2 thrift stores and then in 2 department stores. Better than drinking!

The AV is quiet today and for that I'm grateful!

Congrats to everyone that got through the weekend and for those that slipped, recommit and hang out with us here!
Old 11-22-2015, 01:50 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

So glad you got through it! Just proves that you can do this. We'll be here!
Old 11-22-2015, 01:55 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Healthygoals View Post
Welcome to the new members of the class!

I had a "me" day today and totally indulged in clothes shopping, chocolate and coffee once again. Had a blast finding incredible bargains in 2 thrift stores and then in 2 department stores. Better than drinking!

The AV is quiet today and for that I'm grateful!

Congrats to everyone that got through the weekend and for those that slipped, recommit and hang out with us here!
This sounds like such a good day. I love hearing about how everyone spent their day.

Today the family and I went for a walk and then played at the playground. Then had lunch,then the girls played independently while I caught up on on SR and watched a movie from redbox. Husband was/is out watching football with friends. So the girls and I are back outside in the back yard enjoying beautiful weather. Have to decide on what to make for dinner now...
AV is being super quiet right now. So peaceful.
Just have to get through
Old 11-22-2015, 02:16 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Monday morning

Hi everyone, I joined on Friday but drank Saturday night at my husband's work Christmas party and felt like crap yesterday so back here fresh and keen. I have printed off the plan that Dee gave me so will be absorbing it all. Luckily only one more Xmas thing to go to but I will be designated driver so apart from that keeping a low profile. I just want to feel proud of myself again.
Old 11-22-2015, 02:31 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Day 1 for me again.

Sick of myself, sick of feeling depressed and anxious, sick of being a waster, sick of my drunken behaviour, sick of being full of remorse, sick of self loathing.

Glad to have SR on my side as I accept my alcoholism and know that I can never drink again.
Old 11-22-2015, 03:06 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Welcome back goldcoast and welcome or welcome back rivelino. I hope you guys can read and post often on here and we can all help each other get through. Rivelino I have had those feelings for quite awhile. I know how it feels. Let's get sober and get better so we don't have to feel this way anymore.

On a different note, my sister just sent me a picture and in the corner of the pic, there is a box of wine feeling weak right now. And a little angry. Why can't I have a box of wine and it be fine. Wishing i was born into a life of a non alcoholic right now. Or that I never made the decisions that led me here.
Gotta stay strong...
Old 11-22-2015, 03:09 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rivelino View Post
Day 1 for me again. Sick of myself, sick of feeling depressed and anxious, sick of being a waster, sick of my drunken behaviour, sick of being full of remorse, sick of self loathing. Glad to have SR on my side as I accept my alcoholism and know that I can never drink again.
Welcome Rivelino! I was exactly where you are one short week ago. It's amazing how much better I feel after only 7 days of sobriety! Just don't drink one day, one hour, one minute at a time. We have a great November class here! Very supportive! Glad you are here!!! Never give up!
Old 11-22-2015, 03:12 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Welcome back goldcoast and welcome or welcome back rivelino. I hope you guys can read and post often on here and we can all help each other get through. Rivelino I have had those feelings for quite awhile. I know how it feels. Let's get sober and get better so we don't have to feel this way anymore. On a different note, my sister just sent me a picture and in the corner of the pic, there is a box of wine feeling weak right now. And a little angry. Why can't I have a box of wine and it be fine. Wishing i was born into a life of a non alcoholic right now. Or that I never made the decisions that led me here. Gotta stay strong...
That AV is whispering in your ear right now...tell it to shut up!!! Think about the bad times and how awful alcohol made you feel. It's our enemy & wants to kill us! You can do this!!!
Old 11-22-2015, 03:13 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Goldcoastgirl View Post
Hi everyone, I joined on Friday but drank Saturday night at my husband's work Christmas party and felt like crap yesterday so back here fresh and keen. I have printed off the plan that Dee gave me so will be absorbing it all. Luckily only one more Xmas thing to go to but I will be designated driver so apart from that keeping a low profile. I just want to feel proud of myself again.
Glad you are still here with us GCG!!! You can do this!
Old 11-22-2015, 03:15 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

UPDATE: (Sunday 11/22/15) Adding GoldCoastGirl & Rivelino ! :-)

*****NOTE*****
Some people don't like to count days. If anyone wants me to take them off this list or just put something generic like Jsbodhi has below, no problem!!! OH and let me know if I need to change anything. :-)

We are STRONGER TOGETHER!!!

Gifford -16 days
Canguy -14 days
HealthyGoals -7 days
Me (KiKi) -7 days
Patricia -9 days
StrangeAngel -8 days
Pams -7 days
GoldenSands -7 days
CurlyGirl -17 days
KeepNitreal -14 days
BlackBirdFly -8 days
Noolan -3 days
SwimKim -12 days
MeShelly -8 days
Thumbelina -23 days
Lisa247 -2 days
Jackie1214 -2 days
WalkTheLine-2 days
Supertired -8 days
Jsbodhi - "in between 30 days somewhere" :-)
Max74 -22 days
DariaM -1 day-you got this girl!!!
ForeverFuzzy -3 days
BadSneakers -13 days
Jemma44 -14 days
Blondsober -1 day-you can do this!!!
Snowvelvet -18 days
GoldCoastGirl -1 day-you can & will do this!!!
Rivelino -1 day-you are GOING to succeed!!

*REMEMBER-all we REALLY have is TODAY...this 24 hours. It's not a race. There is no shame in starting over as long as we NEVER GIVE UP!!! There is no graduation; just a wonderful journey into the happiness and amazing life we all deserve...
Old 11-22-2015, 03:37 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
That AV is whispering in your ear right now...tell it to shut up!!! Think about the bad times and how awful alcohol made you feel. It's our enemy & wants to kill us! You can do this!!!
Really trying to block it out. Just ate bow tie pasta with Alfredo sauce, with garlic bread and fried chicken. Ugh I was supposed to just have a salad. Can't win!
Old 11-22-2015, 04:00 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Really trying to block it out. Just ate bow tie pasta with Alfredo sauce, with garlic bread and fried chicken. Ugh I was supposed to just have a salad. Can't win!
Haha sounds good!!! I'm gonna eat something fattening myself! Besides...I DID take two 30 minute walks today! ;-) Don't worry about dieting right now...it will come. That was the advice for me from my sponsor who has 39 years of sobriety. :-) So glad you are SILENCING that AV!!! You go girl!
Old 11-22-2015, 04:01 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

I'm back in

Entering day 1...

time to stop making this life difficult. Time to stop throwing boulders on my path...

This time next year...we'll be millionaires