View Single Post
Old 11-23-2015, 05:27 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  
bblackbirdflyy

As I was driving home from work I got that old familiar feeling. I'm closing in on the gas station closest to my house. The AV thought process begins... "I don't have to go pick up the kids because my ex is on winter layoff." "My hubby is already gone for the day & I can binge without being caught." (until later when he sees cans and Im coming down from buzzed and irritable) "I'm overly tired from working the night shift. Almost feels like ive already been drinking" Then Something whispers to me "stop for some beers." My heart sank and I said a firm NO outloud. I had just described my hate for this exact scenerio earlier in another thread, and there I was thinking of doing it! Ack!

I said im going to be sober outloud the whole way home. It's like I have to constantly obsess about not drinking to not drink. I'm sure that someday... after I get some time under my belt...it will become easier. But this morning I was caught completely off guard.

Anyway, stay strong, don't drink or drug and hope you all have a great sober Monday. I'll check in later. Im off for some zzzz