Notices

Class of November 2015 Part 3

Old 11-23-2015, 05:17 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Day 4.

Today was another stressful day at work. It's already busy season and me choosing to be a drunk for the past month didn't make my job any easier. It feels like running a Ponzi scheme; the good news is I'm night and day different drunk/hungover vs. sober. I was thinking to myself today how under the influence I'm just managing. As others mentioned above; it's not living, it's counting down your life till the next drink.

Day 4 feels great, though. Having 9 months off previously and having been seeing a therapist the past 21 months has allowed me to deal with so much. I just need to get over the idea I can drink ever again, it's so simple, yet I'm just a slip away.

I've analyzed my last few slips and they all have a central theme. I slip either around a girl I feel romantic towards or friends I miss that still drink normally. I enjoyed the sober time with both during my breaks, yet my AV always convinces me this time will be different, this time will be like when I was in college. I know those days are gone and really, I would have been a much better student without it. So anyways, I'm feeling positive.

To anyone still struggling, keep fighting. It took serious work for me to reach some of the breakthroughs that give me inner peace now. It's going to take equal amounts to finally kick this too.

Much Love,
Nolan
Old 11-23-2015, 05:26 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  

After being rescued from passing out in a public area, I found myself in bed the next morning not remembering how I got there. Vomiting and then settling in at the bar again only a few hours later. The friend who found me warned me to be careful and we just laughed it off. This morning when I called in sick for work - I am sick but drinking this weekend definitely contributed, I talked to a friend and finally opened up to them how bad my problem is. Incredibly the friend had no idea so I must be fairly good at fooling people. I begged the friend to ask me to stop drinking for them...let's just say this is a close friend and my drinking has hurt them lately. The friend said I need to do this for myself, not them...still this was enough incentive to do it for us, family, and health, reputation...everything!!!
Old 11-23-2015, 05:54 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Noolan

I had to make ral permanent changes in my life, for sure.

The thing is having faith that this whole new life thing will pan out - but believe me, it really does

D
Old 11-23-2015, 06:32 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  
Introspectator

Hello,
Guess I'm part of the November 2015 class. Glad to be a part! Saying goodnight on day 8. Hope you all are sober and well.
Old 11-23-2015, 06:35 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  

End of a painful remorseful day 1 for me. Take care everyone, glad to be in this together. It's better late than never.
Old 11-23-2015, 06:40 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Good evening all! Wrapping up day 3 here. How is everyone? Had an ever so slight moment where a drink sounded good this evening when I got frustrated, but that passed quickly enough.
Old 11-23-2015, 06:41 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  

FINALLY!!! I had such a busy day & am finally checking in again. I noticed we have LOTS of new classmates! Awesome!

My day was pretty good. Fought 2 rounds with the AV and won so that was good! Had lots of running around to do with the kids, chores, walked the dog & made a good dinner.

Other than my husband being a moody A-hole tonight, I'm doing pretty good. Day 8 almost over.

You all sound like you are doing great too!!! To the new people and people starting over, I am so glad you are here to fight this battle with us!

You see....the November of 2015 class is AWESOME and we never give up! We are ALL gonna make it!!! :-)
Old 11-23-2015, 06:43 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Introspectator View Post
Hello, Guess I'm part of the November 2015 class. Glad to be a part! Saying goodnight on day 8. Hope you all are sober and well.
Welcome to the November 2015 class!!! :-)
Old 11-23-2015, 06:44 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberMarathon View Post
End of a painful remorseful day 1 for me. Take care everyone, glad to be in this together. It's better late than never.
Hang in there SM! We are here for you and we are all going thru this together!
Old 11-23-2015, 06:45 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DariaM View Post
Good evening all! Wrapping up day 3 here. How is everyone? Had an ever so slight moment where a drink sounded good this evening when I got frustrated, but that passed quickly enough.
Hey girl! I'm pretty good! Just posted an update. Crazy busy day but still sober! My husband is being a ***** for some reason so I just came up to my room & logged on here. Did you have a good day?
Old 11-23-2015, 06:46 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  

WOW! 8 new members added to the class today!!! :-)

UPDATE: (Monday 11/23/15)
Welcome TryingInTexas, Onetimeless, Dallow, Learntofly, FaithfulandFree, Tootsiesdad, SoberMarathon & Introspectator to the class! :-)

*****NOTE*****
Some people don't like to count days. If anyone wants me to take them off this list or just put something generic like Jsbodhi has below, no problem!!! OH and let me know if I need to change anything. :-)

We are STRONGER TOGETHER!!!

Gifford -17 days
Canguy -15 days
HealthyGoals -8 days
Me (KiKi) -8 days
Patricia -10 days
StrangeAngel -"working her butt off!" :-)
Pams -8 days
GoldenSands -9 days
CurlyGirl -18 days
KeepNitreal -15 days
BlackBirdFly -9 days
Noolan -4 days
SwimKim -13 days
MeShelly -9 days
Thumbelina -24 days
Lisa247 -3 days
Jackie1214 -3 days
WalkTheLine-3 days
Supertired -9 days
Jsbodhi - "in between 30 days somewhere" :-)
Max74 -23 days
DariaM -3 days
ForeverFuzzy -4 days
BadSneakers -14 days
Jemma44 -15 days
Blondsober -2 days
Snowvelvet -19 days
GoldCoastGirl -2 days
Rivelino -2 days
TheRake -2 days
Badger257 -9 days
Odelle -2 days
Tufty13 -23 days
TryinginTexas - 9 days
Onetimeless -17 days
Dallow - 1 day-you WILL do this!!!
Learntofly -30 days
Faithfulandfree - 1 day-You've got this!
Tootsiesdad -15 days
SoberMarathon -1 day-Never give up! You will succeed!
Introspectator- 8 days

*REMEMBER-all we REALLY have is TODAY...this 24 hours. It's not a race. There is no shame in starting over as long as we NEVER GIVE UP!!! There is no graduation; just a wonderful journey into the happiness and amazing life we all deserve...
Old 11-23-2015, 07:16 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
Hey girl! I'm pretty good! Just posted an update. Crazy busy day but still sober! My husband is being a ***** for some reason so I just came up to my room & logged on here. Did you have a good day?
I am very sorry about your H, Kiki. lol I had an OK day at work. Was crazy tired because I stayed up until 3 AM reading, but even super tired was better than a hangover! Congrats on having over a week!
Old 11-23-2015, 07:38 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Checking in at the end of my day 9.
Too many people to quote and reply to! Gotta get the hang of this talking on a forum thing. lol
But like kiki said, we're stronger together.
Gnight everyone and onto another day of sobriety in the morning. Feeling really great just 9 days into it.. so, so, so worth it. Depression and anxiety seem to be a thing of that past (past as in last week!) and definitely linked to my alcohol consumption. It's like every day, I see clearer.
Old 11-23-2015, 07:45 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome introspectator
Old 11-23-2015, 07:46 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DariaM View Post
I am very sorry about your H, Kiki. lol I had an OK day at work. Was crazy tired because I stayed up until 3 AM reading, but even super tired was better than a hangover! Congrats on having over a week!
Thanks! It hasn't been easy. That AV still tried to get me to drink in a daily basis. It's exhausting sometimes but I know it will get better. My body is just freaking out right because it doesn't have its booze (poison).
Old 11-23-2015, 07:57 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Hey Kiki- sorry hubby is being difficult! It really makes it tough when you partner is in a mood when we are fighting our own demons. I'm glad you made it though.
Welcome toTryingInTexas, Onetimeless, Dallow, SoberMarathon & Introspectator. I think I said hi to the others earlier today. If not, welcome! I'm glad you're here!
We are all working really hard and really try to build each other up. Dee has great advice and is very helpful.
Closing down day 15 here. So excited!
Old 11-23-2015, 08:05 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Keepnitreal View Post
Hey Kiki- sorry hubby is being difficult! It really makes it tough when you partner is in a mood when we are fighting our own demons. I'm glad you made it though. Welcome toTryingInTexas, Onetimeless, Dallow, SoberMarathon & Introspectator. I think I said hi to the others earlier today. If not, welcome! I'm glad you're here! We are all working really hard and really try to build each other up. Dee has great advice and is very helpful. Closing down day 15 here. So excited!
Thanks Keep! 15 days is awesome!!! Keep going!
Old 11-23-2015, 08:53 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Today was difficult. I've been sad all day.

AV talked, and talked, and then talked some more...and I kept saying "No more detox", "No more panic attacks"

Tough day, but I made it
Old 11-23-2015, 10:01 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by patricia68 View Post
Today was difficult. I've been sad all day.

AV talked, and talked, and then talked some more...and I kept saying "No more detox", "No more panic attacks"

Tough day, but I made it
Kickin' A** and takin names! AV beatdown! Love it...
Old 11-23-2015, 10:08 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by patricia68 View Post
Today was difficult. I've been sad all day. AV talked, and talked, and then talked some more...and I kept saying "No more detox", "No more panic attacks" Tough day, but I made it
I had the same exact day Patricia! I wonder if we are secretly related? Ha. Tomorrow will be better for both of us!!! :-)