Class of November 2015 Part 3

Old 11-22-2015, 04:14 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to the thread TheRake

D
Old 11-22-2015, 04:24 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Thanks guys. It is very comforting to be back. To top my challenge off I have had braces put on this year so eating is difficult - much easier to just say I will have a glass of wine instead but that's just plain dumb.
Old 11-22-2015, 04:46 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Checking in before The Walking Dead b/c I know I won't be free later. Wrapping up day 2 here. Went to friend's party and as expected there was beer, but it wasn't even tempting. So I'd pat myself on the back, but there's really no reason too. lol Stuck to soda and coffee, and then came home and made some iced green tea, which I'm drinking now.
Old 11-22-2015, 05:06 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Just finishing up my paper and AV is saying a glass of wine to celebrate would be a delight.
But its never just a glass. It would be at least a bottle.
Then enter guilt, shame, insomnia, hangover, and I'll probably call my neighbour over for sex, even though I'm avoiding him because he really likes me and I don't want to date him after a one night stand, so I'd just be leading him on and thats mean.
Old 11-22-2015, 05:23 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Finishing up day 7, heading into day 8.

Tonight, very unexpectedly, I had to drive my daughter and her friend an hour and a half in dark pouring rain. Bad conditions. A week ago last Sunday I would have been unable from drinking in the late afternoon while cooking. My heart was so filled with gratitude and joy that though it was awful driving, I was ABLE to be mom and come to the rescue and I was happy beyond belief.

Welcome to the newest class members (sorry I'm on a phone but I've read the posts)

Picked up "Drinking a love story" by Caroline Knapp at a thrift store today, great read so far. So I'm going back to the book for now, will check in a bit later.
Old 11-22-2015, 05:33 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TheRake View Post
I'm back in Entering day 1... time to stop making this life difficult. Time to stop throwing boulders on my path... This time next year...we'll be millionaires
Welcome Rake!!! :-)
Old 11-22-2015, 05:35 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

UPDATE: (Sunday 11/22/15) Adding TheRake ! :-)

*****NOTE*****
Some people don't like to count days. If anyone wants me to take them off this list or just put something generic like Jsbodhi has below, no problem!!! OH and let me know if I need to change anything. :-)

We are STRONGER TOGETHER!!!

Gifford -16 days
Canguy -14 days
HealthyGoals -7 days
Me (KiKi) -7 days
Patricia -9 days
StrangeAngel -8 days
Pams -7 days
GoldenSands -7 days
CurlyGirl -17 days
KeepNitreal -14 days
BlackBirdFly -8 days
Noolan -3 days
SwimKim -12 days
MeShelly -8 days
Thumbelina -23 days
Lisa247 -2 days
Jackie1214 -2 days
WalkTheLine-2 days
Supertired -8 days
Jsbodhi - "in between 30 days somewhere" :-)
Max74 -22 days
DariaM -1 day-you got this girl!!!
ForeverFuzzy -3 days
BadSneakers -13 days
Jemma44 -14 days
Blondsober -1 day-you can do this!!!
Snowvelvet -18 days
GoldCoastGirl -1 day-you can & will do this!!!
Rivelino -1 day-you are GOING to succeed!!
TheRake -1 day-believe in yourself!!!

*REMEMBER-all we REALLY have is TODAY...this 24 hours. It's not a race. There is no shame in starting over as long as we NEVER GIVE UP!!! There is no graduation; just a wonderful journey into the happiness and amazing life we all deserve...
Old 11-22-2015, 05:40 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi Daria

I can look back at things that happened, and feel I've atoned and made amends for them now.

My life today is far more present and interesting for me, than things that happened in 2007 or earlier.

I don;t believe we should have to live with shame and guilt forever. There has to be a point where we forgive ourselves and move on.

It's simply not healthy if we don't.

D
Thanks for this Dee. Whenever I get a little sober time I reflect on the idiocy that was my drinking career. It always makes me feel like a lousy human being. I'm not there yet... but you are right, someday (especially if I succeed in sobriety) I will have to forgive myself. There is light on the horizon and I don't have to feel bad about myself forever.
Old 11-22-2015, 05:42 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by strangeangel View Post
Daria, girl, I know that feeling. Looking back on 18 years of that makes me feel so awful. I still remember things that happened years ago and I get anxious and sometimes even cry!! But, we've all been there and it'll be ok. Even more motivation to get sober! When I get tempted, I think of some of those moments and so long temptation!

Day 8! Coffee with my hubby, Hot yoga ( I'm in major detox mode), lunch and shopping with my bestie. so happy I'm not hungover so I can enjoy the day. Have an awesome day folks!
Pretty sure I broke a sweat just putting on my clothes this morning, let alone hot yoga! Detox mode in full swing lol.
Old 11-22-2015, 05:44 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Good news: I managed to eat three meals today. Food is tasting yummy again

Bad news: The anxiety came back in the afternoon. I have to stay away from the news sites, I can't handle the gloom and doom and sensationalism.

I think I'm going to have a bath and figure out what to do to calm down and relax...
Old 11-22-2015, 05:50 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Hi, everyone. Welcome to the new members!

To anyone struggling with over-eating, try not to worry too much about it right now. I tend to use food as a coping method, and it will make me feel crappy after I binge. Unfortunately that has led to my AV telling me, "you feel like crap already, why not drink and make that feeling go away?" I've heard that line before and won't let it trip me up again. I think as long as we are getting some exercise, even just going for a walk, we can work on the diet later. For now, the focus is on not drinking no matter what.

I heard from my AV this afternoon. Was visiting a town that I used to live in when I was drinking heavily. It brought me back to that time and the AV got loud. It's argument was, "you should drink so you can be nostalgic about how things used to be." Bad idea, AV. I don't drink like I used to. I don't drink socially. I drink alone in my room and get so drunk I am hungover all day and sometimes even miss work. I am worth more than that!

Luckily I'm home now and haven't heard anything since. Got a quiet Sunday evening planned. A few chores and prepping food for the short week.

Take care, All.
Old 11-22-2015, 05:50 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Healthygoals View Post
Finishing up day 7, heading into day 8.

Tonight, very unexpectedly, I had to drive my daughter and her friend an hour and a half in dark pouring rain. Bad conditions. A week ago last Sunday I would have been unable from drinking in the late afternoon while cooking. My heart was so filled with gratitude and joy that though it was awful driving, I was ABLE to be mom and come to the rescue and I was happy beyond belief.

Welcome to the newest class members (sorry I'm on a phone but I've read the posts)

Picked up "Drinking a love story" by Caroline Knapp at a thrift store today, great read so far. So I'm going back to the book for now, will check in a bit later.
I read " drinking a love story" its really good!
Old 11-22-2015, 05:58 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Patricia I have always enjoyed a good bath to calm myself. Good spot to cry too as the water is running. If you are a crier like me. I bottle up until it comes out in tears.

This November group sure is chatty! logged in to 9 new pages lol! And kiki is our cheerleader. it's very nice of you to track all of our days.

I spent the day doing homework, playing an online game with the hubby and napping. Now I'm at work with some coffee for the overnight. Oh and my guy suprised me with a beautiful arrangement of fall flowers, just because. It was awesome.
Old 11-22-2015, 06:19 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Day 3.

Glad to see such an active class! This weekend was quite productive I washed every piece of laundry, towel, and linen yesterday and super cleaned my place. I just went into work for some OT and dug myself out of the hole I created the last month. It's a stark contrast how amazing sober me is vs using me. Additionally I spent a lot of time with my family, so a really successful weekend. It's much better than last weekend when I was out of my mind on booze and blow.

No real cravings. I'm still in the pink cloud stage, so that's actually helpful. I wish everyone well and I look forward to another sober day tomorrow.
Old 11-22-2015, 06:23 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

healthygoals, that is so great to hear you got to be there when you were needed instead of in the drinking routine. It's a good feeling!!

Haha!! Kiki is our cheerleader! Thanks Kiki!

Wrapping up day 8. Today was ok. In bed with ice cream and Netflix now. I feel like I can reall beat this and stay sober for good.

Alone tonight because the husband's football game at noon turned into a night out lol. I like nights alone though. So peaceful. Have to wait till tomorrow to watch Walking Dead on Hulu. I might read some more on here before going to bed, love hearing about how everyone is pulling through! And love how active this class is.

Oh, and I ordered Drinking: a love story, cannot wait to get that in the mail. I haven't read in forever and im excited.
Old 11-22-2015, 06:45 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bblackbirdflyy View Post
Thanks for this Dee. Whenever I get a little sober time I reflect on the idiocy that was my drinking career. It always makes me feel like a lousy human being. I'm not there yet... but you are right, someday (especially if I succeed in sobriety) I will have to forgive myself. There is light on the horizon and I don't have to feel bad about myself forever.
You are NOT a lousy human being! You are a good person with an addiction....we ALL are. It's easy for me to say that but to be honest, I am going to have to do a lot of work to forgive myself too.

My sponsor always tells me I am not a bad person trying to be good, I am a sick person trying to get well. She also reminds me of how special I am and the fact that I am working on getting better is HUGE. The majority of alcoholics and addicts don't take the step the we are all taking...so I'm saying the same thing to you. :-)
Old 11-22-2015, 06:48 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Not gonna lie.. Slipped tonight. Nothing major, even though I know that's not an excuse. Going to go to bed remembering everything, especially my weakness. I'm a disgustingly honest person, so I'm going to say, I'm so happy to be sober, but it's going to take a minute for me to be stone cold. I need to ween myself. Am I proud of myself tonight? No, but I'm proud I didn't go overboard. Do I think this is sustainable? No. Am I begged off sober? Yes. Please, don't judge me. I need a place of acceptance. Staring day 1 tomorrow. But a less severe day 1. Pray for me that I can learn.
Old 11-22-2015, 06:49 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by patricia68 View Post
Good news: I managed to eat three meals today. Food is tasting yummy again Bad news: The anxiety came back in the afternoon. I have to stay away from the news sites, I can't handle the gloom and doom and sensationalism. I think I'm going to have a bath and figure out what to do to calm down and relax...
Food tastes good again? Yay! I can't wait!!! Food hasn't tasted good to me in 2 years. And sorry your anxiety is back. Those news sites are awful! They alone are enough to make me want to drink! Gah!

I hope you enjoyed your bath and are feeling more relaxed! I am so excited that we all made it through the weekend! I haven't been sober on a weekend in years! The weekend seemed to last soooo much longer too...which I think I will end up liking once I find some new hobbies. Haha
Old 11-22-2015, 06:53 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SwimKim12 View Post
Hi, everyone. Welcome to the new members! To anyone struggling with over-eating, try not to worry too much about it right now. I tend to use food as a coping method, and it will make me feel crappy after I binge. Unfortunately that has led to my AV telling me, "you feel like crap already, why not drink and make that feeling go away?" I've heard that line before and won't let it trip me up again. I think as long as we are getting some exercise, even just going for a walk, we can work on the diet later. For now, the focus is on not drinking no matter what. I heard from my AV this afternoon. Was visiting a town that I used to live in when I was drinking heavily. It brought me back to that time and the AV got loud. It's argument was, "you should drink so you can be nostalgic about how things used to be." Bad idea, AV. I don't drink like I used to. I don't drink socially. I drink alone in my room and get so drunk I am hungover all day and sometimes even miss work. I am worth more than that! Luckily I'm home now and haven't heard anything since. Got a quiet Sunday evening planned. A few chores and prepping food for the short week. Take care, All.
I agree about you about not worrying about what we eat! Quitting drinking is enough for now! And exercise helps on so many levels! Way to shut that AV down! BOOM!!! Haha
Old 11-22-2015, 06:54 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jsbodhi View Post
I read " drinking a love story" its really good!
I am gonna read that soon!!! :-)