Notices

Class of November 2015 Part 3

Old 11-24-2015, 08:00 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KeyofC View Post
((Hug))Kiki! Anytime! If you ever need some positivity drop in and chat! I'll be here when I can!
Thanks Key! :-) Means a lot!
Old 11-24-2015, 08:07 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
Things are pretty good. Day 9 off alcohol AND cigarettes. I quit them both cold turkey too because they trigger each other if that makes sense? Studies actually show a MUCH higher rate of success in staying sober for people who quit both at the same time. I need all the help I can get!

I AM feeling much better & have a much brighter outlook on life than I did 9 days ago though. I am still a "newborn" to sobriety though so I need to sleep, eat, drink lots of water, be gentle with myself and try to avoid my triggers.

My husband & I aren't really talking right now so that's stressful. I just pray that the damage of the last 2 years can be healed. Our marriage has definitely suffered the consequences of my drinking but I didn't really notice it before because if I did, I would just drink! And numb it all out, ya know? That's really why I drank....I wanted to be numb! And the more I drank the worse I felt about myself, my life and how much I was hurting people so I would drink more. It was a vicious cycle. I really don't think I have another recovery in me so I NEED to stay sober!

My sponsor has 39 years of sobriety and she told me that there is an "imaginary line" that alcoholics can cross. Once they cross that line it is nearly impossible to get and stay sober. She's seen so many people die during her 39 years. She said drinking again would be like playing Russian Roulette with my life because you never know if I would cross that imaginary line the next time I drink. Scary!

Early sobriety is hard because it's like walking out of a tornado shelter and seeing all the damage, destruction and rebuilding you have to do. It looks so overwhelming! But one tiny piece, one day, one hour at a time I will re-build.

Wow! Didn't know all THAT was gonna come out when you asked how I was. Lol

Sorry. ;-) hehehe. It's like journaling! :-)
Haha! I loved it!! Xoxo
I like reading long posts, I just don't write them often.
You're a delight
Old 11-24-2015, 08:12 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Good morning all, checking in on day 3, which has been my danger zone lately. I plan on sticking close to home and staying busy, and logging in here as much as possible. Reading all your posts and seeing so many similarities keeps me focused on beating this once and for all. As far as relationship damage goes, I have been a major contributor in my house, husband doesn't drink and can't relate to the insanity of the compulsion. It boggles my mind why he has put up with me for as long as he has!
Old 11-24-2015, 08:16 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pams View Post
I really commend everyone who is doing more than one healthy change at once. I am consumed with getting through my days without wine, much less without potato chips and smokes. I am not even too worried about getting back into an exercise routine just yet even though I think my AV snuck into my closet and shrunk my clothes over the past couple of years....dirty bugger. That's just me though, I think a contributing factor to how I got to where I am now is that I overwhelmed myself....tried to do too much all at once and burnt myself out eventually. Once I had a couple of glasses of wine under my belt I could shut it down for the day. Not sure if that makes sense or not. Kiki I am so sorry you have to deal with marriage issues at this time as well. Another place where I have lucked out I guess. My husband has been annoyed with me more than a few times, a couple of times he was downright pissed off, but overall, not much damage done. He really is a great and supportive man who just said to me 'I knew you would call it quits when enough was enough". Don't get me wrong, I am sure I could royally mess things up if I don't take control of this now while everything is still intact. Thank you Keepnitreal!! You are doing awesome too! GoldenSands - I am glad hubby and I could laugh about it too....I never said he was smart....hahahaha ps. I don't mind the snow either...it's the -25C and 50 km/hr wind that I mind (or -13F and 30 miles/hr depending where you live)
Brrrrrr! Where do you live, the North Pole? Haha

One thing at a time is great! I really only smoked when I drank. I was a binge drinker. I drank 2-3 times per week for about 4-5 hours at a time with or without friends in a bar. I would drinks a crap load really fast and chain smoke. I crammed an entire weeks worth of alcohol into small increments. Very dangerous way to drink and very expensive! So quitting hasn't been that hard because if I am not drinking I don't really want to smoke. ;-)

I am CHATTY today! I have GOT to get off here and DO something! Haha
Old 11-24-2015, 08:23 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Odelle View Post
Good morning all, checking in on day 3, which has been my danger zone lately. I plan on sticking close to home and staying busy, and logging in here as much as possible. Reading all your posts and seeing so many similarities keeps me focused on beating this once and for all. As far as relationship damage goes, I have been a major contributor in my house, husband doesn't drink and can't relate to the insanity of the compulsion. It boggles my mind why he has put up with me for as long as he has!
Yay! Day 3! Day 3 was a stumbling block for me for so long. I have no idea why? I just psyched myself in out & didn't believe I could make it past that day until I DID. I also wasn't active on SR or anything. Ever since I got over that hump & started really working on my recovery, it's gotten easier and easier and my confidence is growing with each sober breath.

You're gonna make it! I have GOT to log off. Haha. Every time I get ready to log off I see another new post and HAVE to respond!

Am I driving you guys nuts yet??? I've only posted like 25 times in the past 3 hours! Ha. But it is helping me stay sober!!!
Old 11-24-2015, 08:26 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
Brrrrrr! Where do you live, the North Pole? Haha

One thing at a time is great! I really only smoked when I drank. I was a binge drinker. I drank 2-3 times per week for about 4-5 hours at a time with or without friends in a bar. I would drinks a crap load really fast and chain smoke. I crammed an entire weeks worth of alcohol into small increments. Very dangerous way to drink and very expensive! So quitting hasn't been that hard because if I am not drinking I don't really want to smoke. ;-)

I am CHATTY today! I have GOT to get off here and DO something! Haha
That makes sense with the smoking & drinking. I have quit smoking a few times in my life, haven't stayed quit yet, but alcohol is a real trigger. So no alcohol will be a very good thing when I do get to quitting that again.

And not quite the North pole, but close....Canada.
Old 11-24-2015, 08:31 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  

I was a wine binge drinker too, but also a steady smoker, about 10-15 a day.
I'm glad to be rid of both
Old 11-24-2015, 08:31 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats on day 3 Odelle
Old 11-24-2015, 09:25 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing you stories gang!

So...hello class.......joining in for another bout of sobriety. I was doing well for a while, but now back to old habits. I have to stop the bleeding (drinking) again.

I make all of these efforts to put the family on a budget and my wife just simply doesn't get it. It's ridiculously stressful, so, I said f'it, and went the route of medicating myself. Uh, not the right choice, but I should know that by now.

Thanks for having me, uhgain.....
Old 11-24-2015, 09:36 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Hello class of November 2015...is there room for one more? I am back at this. Been trying to moderate unsuccessfully. I am a binge blackout drinker. 6 episodes in the last 161 days. So tired of this. Slipped up last night. I am trying to find my way and have fallen into a cycle and I want it to stop.
Old 11-24-2015, 09:38 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GoldenSands View Post
Thanks for the quotes of KeyofC

Hi Jsbodhi

Wonder how strangeangel is doing.
Originally Posted by Neverthought View Post
Thanks for sharing you stories gang!

So...hello class.......joining in for another bout of sobriety. I was doing well for a while, but now back to old habits. I have to stop the bleeding (drinking) again.

I make all of these efforts to put the family on a budget and my wife just simply doesn't get it. It's ridiculously stressful, so, I said f'it, and went the route of medicating myself. Uh, not the right choice, but I should know that by now.

Thanks for having me, uhgain.....
Yeah, the bad habits of others are SUCH a trigger. Messiness, smelly dogs, swinging moods. But it doesn't help when we add to the chaos by getting goofie or checking out. Giving myself advice here! : )
Old 11-24-2015, 09:48 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rah555 View Post
Hello class of November 2015...is there room for one more? I am back at this. Been trying to moderate unsuccessfully. I am a binge blackout drinker. 6 episodes in the last 161 days. So tired of this. Slipped up last night. I am trying to find my way and have fallen into a cycle and I want it to stop.
There's one way to start and that's getting help and support and that's right here on SR rah.

I'm in the cycle too. I tried to pull myself out of it, I mean really hard, but to no avail. The last three weeks I've said this is it and went the week without, but then the weekend came. This is opposite of how I usually function. I usually struggle during the week (you know coming home from work and wanting to release) and not the weekend. So, that has me worried and perplexed.

Sometime I worry that I missed the sobriety boat because I blew some great efforts in the past.

Anyway..............
Old 11-24-2015, 09:51 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Day 24

Sober and present in life and this class has been a tremendous help,just so much faith and inspiration to draw on.

I too like reading the long posts but dont like writing them.(lol).

The world is so much better sober,emotions good and bad are welcome in my life.It is a true blessing to wake up with a little vigor in the mornings.

Cheers!
Old 11-24-2015, 09:53 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Rah

Congrats on day 24 Max

The positivity in this thread is top notch
Old 11-24-2015, 10:00 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by blondsober View Post
Yeah, the bad habits of others are SUCH a trigger. Messiness, smelly dogs, swinging moods. But it doesn't help when we add to the chaos by getting goofie or checking out. Giving myself advice here! : )
That is good advice for all!
Old 11-24-2015, 10:02 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Hi all! Love reading your posts.

Today I have the vodka villain in my head. I went for an interview today for a job I can totally do. I am, to use the BB phrase, restless, irritable and discontent.

I know I can't drink. To be honest, I don't want to. I just want something to take me out of self.

Off to a meeting soon. Hope everyone else is having a better day! X
Old 11-24-2015, 10:05 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Neverthought View Post
There's one way to start and that's getting help and support and that's right here on SR rah. I'm in the cycle too. I tried to pull myself out of it, I mean really hard, but to no avail. The last three weeks I've said this is it and went the week without, but then the weekend came. This is opposite of how I usually function. I usually struggle during the week (you know coming home from work and wanting to release) and not the weekend. So, that has me worried and perplexed. Sometime I worry that I missed the sobriety boat because I blew some great efforts in the past. Anyway..............
I don't think you missed the sobriety boat. We can't change the past but can change the future.
Old 11-24-2015, 10:16 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

I'm still feeling sad, but it's not as bad as it was yesterday. This gloomy weather is not helping...

AV is still talking. I'm trying to find something fun to do around the house to distract myself but everything seems blah.

I started a gratitude journal yesterday, maybe I should go and write some more. Hope it helps.

Have a great sober day guys.
Old 11-24-2015, 10:22 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Day 23 here and still feeling and appreciating the benefits of not drinking.

I was up until midnight last night painting and decorating, and then again all day today. It would appear I now have too much energy :-)

Just about to take my daughters out for a meal and then on to the pictures to see Mocking Jay.

Oh how times have changed, this is so much better than being hungover. :-)
Old 11-24-2015, 10:44 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Hi, All. Busy day here. Haven't had a chance to catch up on the posts but I hope everyone is well and hanging in there. I am having a good day because I am sober! I will not drink alcohol today.

Take care!