Notices

Class of November 2015 Part 3

Old 11-23-2015, 10:30 PM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
I had the same exact day Patricia! I wonder if we are secretly related? Ha. Tomorrow will be better for both of us!!! :-)
Haha I don't know but we surely do have a lot in common!
Old 11-24-2015, 12:05 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  

New dawn
New day
New hope
New opportunity
New 24 hours
New canvas
New energy
Another chance....to make things right

The eyes of love

Have a great day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC5ca6Hsb2Q
Old 11-24-2015, 02:00 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Like to add my name to the class of November 2015 - 10 days now, got a few hurdles to clear before I can start to put my head back on properly due to sheer stupidity during the last binge - getting there tho.
Old 11-24-2015, 02:31 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome Red Andy.
Can be a bit quiet around here at this time of day but it'll get busier in a few hours....there's over 40 in this group now.

Rake.....great utube choice....
Good to know you made it through again Patricia.

Closing out day 15 here.....so far, so good......
Old 11-24-2015, 02:36 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome RedAndy

D
Old 11-24-2015, 04:25 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  
Do your best

Have a good day everyone
Old 11-24-2015, 04:26 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberMarathon View Post
After being rescued from passing out in a public area, I found myself in bed the next morning not remembering how I got there. Vomiting and then settling in at the bar again only a few hours later. The friend who found me warned me to be careful and we just laughed it off. This morning when I called in sick for work - I am sick but drinking this weekend definitely contributed, I talked to a friend and finally opened up to them how bad my problem is. Incredibly the friend had no idea so I must be fairly good at fooling people. I begged the friend to ask me to stop drinking for them...let's just say this is a close friend and my drinking has hurt them lately. The friend said I need to do this for myself, not them...still this was enough incentive to do it for us, family, and health, reputation...everything!!!
I think your friend was spot on in saying you need to do this for you. At the end of the day, no one is going to determine your self worth and your strength to kick this thing. There is all the support you need right here though. Keep fighting!
Old 11-24-2015, 04:31 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Day 5.

It's morning here and I don't want to get out of bed. I have a bit of a head cold and chills; nothing too serious but enough to make leaving my warm bed seem like scaling Mount Everest.

I will get out of bed however, because I learned during my longest sober break not everyday is going to be full of candy drops, rainbows, and unicorns. Some days are going to kick my ass, make me want to escape via old habits. The irony is those habits are an escape to a booze filled hell. One In which everyday turns into a song stuck on repeat. So head flu and all, I'm thankful for another day sober.

Much Love,
Nolan
Old 11-24-2015, 05:13 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Good morning all! Welcome to all the newcomers! Today is day 9 and there is a blizzard moving in. Anticipating that as a trigger for me today. We will see.

Happy to report that I slept better last night. The weekend was pretty good as I anticipated, except for when my dear husband out of sheer habit said to me Sunday afternoon when he was popping out "Do you want wine?". All I could do was stare at him with the deer in the headlights look. He felt like an ass, apologized profusely, and afterwards we laughed.

Sunday night was not the greatest night for sleep, which kind of took me by surprise. Some anxiety and hearing things. I have cats and I kept hearing a cat growling, which sometimes means that a neighbourhood cat has found their way in our pet door. So often I just get up and the stranger cat takes off. Twice I got up and found nothing...all my cats were sleeping. Weird.

I have been SO tired the past 9 days though. Wow. By 7pm I feel like someone threw sand in my eyes. My appetite is all over the map but I guess that is probably because I am not dehydrated from the wine daily and my body doesn't know what is going on?

Yesterday I just kept thinking that life is weird. I am weird. What the heck was I thinking getting myself into a position like this? But then it's not like I woke up one morning and decided 'hey, let's be an alcoholic! woot woot!". It happened, I am trying to fix it, I have only lost two-ish years to this, I am a lucky person.....

Happy Tuesday all!
Old 11-24-2015, 05:14 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Can I join the Class of December 2015?

I keep failing. I have my excuses ~ my work is extremely demanding right now, I'm moving to a new city and I'm dealing with my 80 year old mother's stress about moving to a new location {away from her doctors, her hairdresser, etc.} But these are just excuses.

I do know wherein lies my biggest weakness. It's fatigue. How do you fight the AV when you're too tired and stressed to put up much of any kind of fight?

I'm going to start again today, but since I got a late start in the class of November and I've not been able to get any momentum, I want a new official start date. I'm going to fight the AV the rest of this month.

I did some good for myself in November, though. I realized that I drink way too much and I need to stop. I am becoming more aware of my triggers. I read about urge surfing and will try be mindful of it when a craving comes.

I admire you all who are getting the hang of this thing. Congrats and I hope to be among you soon.
Old 11-24-2015, 05:30 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Welcome Jackie & RedAndy!!! So glad you are with us!!! :-)
Old 11-24-2015, 05:32 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone! Checking in on day 9. It seems like it should be day 500...does anyone else feel like the time is going much slower now that your sober? Ha. I guess that's a good thing! No more wasted days & wasted life!

Patricia...we DO have a lot in common...now we have sobriety in common too! :-)

Rake...I loved you "new dawn, new day, new hope post!"

RedAndy...WELCOME to the class!!! So glad to have you! Loads of support here!

Canguy...you are kicking butt & taking names!!! Love it!

Wolf...have a good day too!!!

Noolan....I love what you said in your post: "not everyday is going to be full of candy drops, rainbows, and unicorns. Some days are going to kick my ass, make me want to escape via old habits. The irony is those habits are an escape to a booze filled hell. One In which everyday turns into a song stuck on repeat." SO TRUE and my worst day sober is still 1000x better than my best day drunk! BTW...I have a am getting sick with some kind of respiratory thing too. Feel better!

Pams...I'm on day 9 too! Woot Woot! I wish a blizzard was coming to MY house! I love snow. Haha. Glad you slept better last night. I did too. My body, appetite, sleep, energy level etc is all messed up too! My body is like "what is going on???" Haha. We are gonna feel so much better when we get they these early days! Keep walking...OH and I relate to your husband offering you a drink. Mine does the same thing. I just really wish he didn't drink at all. It would be so much easier.

WelcomeJackie1214! You sound like you really want sobriety! That's the key! You will find lots of support here. Soooo glad you're with us! Try to get some rest if you can.
Old 11-24-2015, 05:39 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  

:-) UPDATE: (Tuesday 11/24/15)
Welcome Jackie1214 and RedAndy to the class! :-)

*****NOTE*****
Some people don't like to count days. If anyone wants me to take them off this list or just put something generic like Jsbodhi has below, no problem!!! OH and let me know if I need to change anything. :-)

We are STRONGER TOGETHER!!!

Gifford -18 days
Canguy -16 days
HealthyGoals -9 days
Me (KiKi) -9 days
Patricia -11 days
StrangeAngel -"working her butt off!" :-)
Pams -9 days
GoldenSands -10 days
CurlyGirl -19 days
KeepNitreal -16 days
BlackBirdFly -10 days
Noolan -5 days
SwimKim -14 days
MeShelly -10 days
Thumbelina -25 days
Lisa247 -4 days
WalkTheLine-4 days
Supertired -10 days
Jsbodhi - "in between 30 days somewhere" :-)
Max74 -24 days
DariaM -4 days
ForeverFuzzy -5 days
BadSneakers -15 days
Jemma44 -16 days
Blondsober -3 days
Snowvelvet -20 days
GoldCoastGirl -3 days
Rivelino -3 days
TheRake -3 days
Badger257 -10 days
Odelle -3 days
Tufty13 -24 days
TryinginTexas - 10 days
Onetimeless -18 days
Dallow - 2 days
Learntofly -31 days
Faithfulandfree - 2 days
Tootsiesdad -16 days
SoberMarathon -2 days
Introspectator- 9 days
RedAndy -10 days
Jackie1214 -1 day and the first day of the rest of your life! You WILL do this!!! :-)

*REMEMBER-all we REALLY have is TODAY...this 24 hours. It's not a race. There is no shame in starting over as long as we NEVER GIVE UP!!! There is no graduation; just a wonderful journey into the happiness and amazing life we all deserve...
Old 11-24-2015, 05:42 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Thanks for the response Kiki! Nice to know you are messed up too..hahaha. Seriously though, day 9 is awesome! My husband does not drink alot, just on special occasions and stuff he might have one or two, or when we went out with friends etc.....that wine thing is all on me.....9 days ago, if he hadn't offered, I would have asked him to pick up a bottle when he was out.
Old 11-24-2015, 05:59 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jackie1214 View Post
Can I join the Class of December 2015?

I keep failing. I have my excuses ~ my work is extremely demanding right now, I'm moving to a new city and I'm dealing with my 80 year old mother's stress about moving to a new location {away from her doctors, her hairdresser, etc.} But these are just excuses.

I do know wherein lies my biggest weakness. It's fatigue. How do you fight the AV when you're too tired and stressed to put up much of any kind of fight?

I'm going to start again today, but since I got a late start in the class of November and I've not been able to get any momentum, I want a new official start date. I'm going to fight the AV the rest of this month.

I did some good for myself in November, though. I realized that I drink way too much and I need to stop. I am becoming more aware of my triggers. I read about urge surfing and will try be mindful of it when a craving comes.

I admire you all who are getting the hang of this thing. Congrats and I hope to be among you soon.
I'd encourage you to join this class. I'm at day 5 and once had 270 days under my belt. Relapsing is part of this process and this seems like a strong active class. Don't get hung up on a number, we are all in the same boat and your seat number is meaningless if your head and heart is in the right place.
Old 11-24-2015, 06:03 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pams View Post
Good morning all! Welcome to all the newcomers! Today is day 9 and there is a blizzard moving in. Anticipating that as a trigger for me today. We will see.

Happy to report that I slept better last night. The weekend was pretty good as I anticipated, except for when my dear husband out of sheer habit said to me Sunday afternoon when he was popping out "Do you want wine?". All I could do was stare at him with the deer in the headlights look. He felt like an ass, apologized profusely, and afterwards we laughed.

Sunday night was not the greatest night for sleep, which kind of took me by surprise. Some anxiety and hearing things. I have cats and I kept hearing a cat growling, which sometimes means that a neighbourhood cat has found their way in our pet door. So often I just get up and the stranger cat takes off. Twice I got up and found nothing...all my cats were sleeping. Weird.

I have been SO tired the past 9 days though. Wow. By 7pm I feel like someone threw sand in my eyes. My appetite is all over the map but I guess that is probably because I am not dehydrated from the wine daily and my body doesn't know what is going on?

Yesterday I just kept thinking that life is weird. I am weird. What the heck was I thinking getting myself into a position like this? But then it's not like I woke up one morning and decided 'hey, let's be an alcoholic! woot woot!". It happened, I am trying to fix it, I have only lost two-ish years to this, I am a lucky person.....

Happy Tuesday all!
Omg, if my husband said "do you want some wine?" at our normal wine run oclock, I would have flipped! Glad you guys could laugh about it after.
Excactly.. we didn't wake up one day and decided to be alcoholics, it took time to get us here. I also have only lost 2 years to this. The 2 years before that I wasn't drinking alcoholicly but had bad incidents on the times i DID drink.
Glad you got better sleep last night! Hope you have a good day 9!
Oh, and blizzard- I soo miss snow. Get some apple cider and hot chocolate to drink instead.
Old 11-24-2015, 06:07 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Noolan View Post
Day 5.

It's morning here and I don't want to get out of bed. I have a bit of a head cold and chills; nothing too serious but enough to make leaving my warm bed seem like scaling Mount Everest.

I will get out of bed however, because I learned during my longest sober break not everyday is going to be full of candy drops, rainbows, and unicorns. Some days are going to kick my ass, make me want to escape via old habits. The irony is those habits are an escape to a booze filled hell. One In which everyday turns into a song stuck on repeat. So head flu and all, I'm thankful for another day sober.

Much Love,
Nolan
I hope you feel better soon!
Old 11-24-2015, 06:11 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Gooood morning everyone.. Starting day 10 for me today.
Not much to say but I hope everyone has a good day.
I'm a little bit shocked i've made it to 10 days. Feeling proud of myself.
I think I would have have a drink by now if I wasn't sticking close to SR.
Old 11-24-2015, 06:11 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pams View Post
Thanks for the response Kiki! Nice to know you are messed up too..hahaha. Seriously though, day 9 is awesome! My husband does not drink alot, just on special occasions and stuff he might have one or two, or when we went out with friends etc.....that wine thing is all on me.....9 days ago, if he hadn't offered, I would have asked him to pick up a bottle when he was out.
Yeah...I get it. My husband probably doesn't know WHAT to ask right now. Ha. But seriously, once I have some more sober time, I think we are gonna need marriage counseling. My drinking pretty much destroyed our communication etc. It's very difficult but I will NOT drink over it! I will just keep focusing on my sobriety.
Old 11-24-2015, 06:13 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Noolan View Post
I'd encourage you to join this class. I'm at day 5 and once had 270 days under my belt. Relapsing is part of this process and this seems like a strong active class. Don't get hung up on a number, we are all in the same boat and your seat number is meaningless if your head and heart is in the right place.
Ditto! ^^^