Notices

Class of November 2015 Part 3

Old 11-26-2015, 06:43 AM
  # 461 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Rough start to day 5, still not sleeping well but "thankful" for the 4-5 hours I do get. I love my quiet morning routine, start the coffee, let the dog out, feed the cats and dog, grab a cup of coffee and catch up on the news, and check in on SR. Stay strong everyone, Thanksgiving or not, it's just another day to move forward in the right direction!
Old 11-26-2015, 06:51 AM
  # 462 (permalink)  

Feeling emotional today..my kids are in our home state for the holiday. Me and my hubby are having dinner with my parents then volunteering at a dinner for military families. Should be a good day. Feeling guilt over my actions in my last episode, drunk me sure gets crazy, overly friendly and flirtatious, will do things that sober me would never dream of doing. I hate drunk me! Day 3, tried this many times before and fall into the same traps. I have to be strong. My hubby is already talking about going to a bar Friday night. I can't go. I embarrassed myself last time I was there and don't want to be around drinking. A hurdle to jump, but I need to do it. I think I'll tell him to go by himself.
Old 11-26-2015, 06:58 AM
  # 463 (permalink)  

Hi class! Just a quick check in on day 11 to say Happy Thanksgiving to all those celebrating and HAPPY Terrific Thursday to everyone else!

I only have a second so I don't have time to send out our updated class list this morning or read through the posts but will try to catch up tonight. We will be gone at grandma's house all day for Thanksgiving. :-) I will be thinking of ALL of you today.

Today is a new day, full of possibilities!!! A fresh 24 hours! :-)

>>>>>If anyone wants me to change anything on our class list, send me a PM and I will update it later. *REMEMBER: if it stresses you out...you don't have to count days. I can just put something like Jsobhi or Strangesngel has on theirs or nothing at all. No pressure!!! :-) The important thing is you are still trying!
Old 11-26-2015, 07:30 AM
  # 464 (permalink)  

Today is day 20. I'm almost three whole weeks in!! Crazy for me to believe. Feels absolutely amazing. I am at the point where I'm craving again, all this free time and wouldn't it just be nice to drink while I'm doing all this? NO! It wouldn't. The thought of drinking continues to make me a bit nauseous. I have anxiety about not having full control over my words or actions. Finally! I'm breaking into a point where being intoxicated scares me more than satisfies me. I've been waiting for this moment.

My friends are starting to realize I've completely quit (I started out with "hey guys, 30 day detox ahead") and will not be joining in on drunken shenanigans. I've come to realize who really cares and who is out for the fun. I am so utterly thankful today for those around me who appreciate who I am as a sober being. Also.. the thirty day detox idea was a great way to start. I'm no longer in the habit of going out and I'd much rather be home and asleep by ten. That was the best way for me to start. After one sober week I realized how badly alcohol had affected my body and am now on a full adventure to Sobertown.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!! Eat lots of food!!
Old 11-26-2015, 07:34 AM
  # 465 (permalink)  

Hello all, happy Thanksgiving to all those who are celebrating. Happy Thursday to all those who aren't.

I'm checking in on my day 25. I've got a tough three weeks coming up as I'm going to be alone for the first time since rediscovering my sober self.

My daughters have gone to stay with their mum and won't be back until the week before Christmas so I'm going to have to be super-vigilant as I know my AV will see this as a great opportunity to get the upper hand.

Stay sober class mates.
Old 11-26-2015, 07:56 AM
  # 466 (permalink)  

Morning all!

Kiki, Keepnitreal - YES! Always a reason to not stop..this was me 11 days ago and was my first post back on SR after a year and a half. Our company Xmas party is next weekend and I was making a huge deal out of it in my own little head because the part of me that really really wants to drink wine really really wanted it to be the 'excuse'. I still haven't decided exactly what I am going to do. My husband and I work at the same place, so he will want to go, which is fine; I might suddenly be ill an unable to go, I might decide to go and be DD, I might go, not drink, stay for the meal and go home.

Daria - I am with canguy, I don't quite understand why your husband would do that.

Swimkim - I am proud of you for getting right back up ready to put up the fight. We are all here for you!

patricia68 - I too have been in a complicated relationship similar to what you describe in the past. It's stressful and exhausting. Ultimately your husband is responsible for his feelings. Not you. Feelings are feelings and we cannot control how we feel but we CAN control how we react to our feelings. That choice is up to him.

Happy Thursday everyone! Work is slow so I will be here all day!
Old 11-26-2015, 08:32 AM
  # 467 (permalink)  

Good morning, All. Day 2! Stomach still feeling unsettled this morning. The dreaded two day hangover. Blah. Never again!

To those celebrating Thanksgiving, I hope you have a peaceful day. I am fortunate that no one attending drinks much. Last year my Thanksgiving was a drunken nightmare. I started drinking around noon (because that's when I started cooking!) and got buzzed rather quickly. As my family members started arriving I had trouble talking to them (couldn't seem to string words together while trying to not appear as drunk as I was). Had wine hidden in my room and kept ducking in there all afternoon. Skipped the post-meal walk (which I always enjoy - just at sunset when the air is crisp and cold) so that I could drink more. I embarrassed my mom and I'm sure everyone knew I was drunk. I was practically the only one drinking!

Not this year. I will be sober and will have no problem declining wine if it is offered. The thought of alcohol makes me queasy.

To anyone struggling, please come post here. We can get through this together!
Old 11-26-2015, 08:33 AM
  # 468 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats to everyone on thier personal milestones

Kiki & you lot are awesome its heartwarming to see
Old 11-26-2015, 08:42 AM
  # 469 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rah555 View Post
Feeling emotional today..my kids are in our home state for the holiday. Me and my hubby are having dinner with my parents then volunteering at a dinner for military families. Should be a good day. Feeling guilt over my actions in my last episode, drunk me sure gets crazy, overly friendly and flirtatious, will do things that sober me would never dream of doing. I hate drunk me! Day 3, tried this many times before and fall into the same traps. I have to be strong. My hubby is already talking about going to a bar Friday night. I can't go. I embarrassed myself last time I was there and don't want to be around drinking. A hurdle to jump, but I need to do it. I think I'll tell him to go by himself.
Hey Rah- I agree that a bar might not be the place for you when you're just starting. It's a tough fight so no reason we need to test ourselves, right! Hang in there and have an awesome day.

Odelle - sorry you're struggling this morning. Hang tough!

Great job on new days-Tufty, Onetime, Pams, Thumbelina, Canguy, Blinde, Jsbod, Healthy, Kiki et al....
Being alone for 3 weeks will be a test Tufty! Just remember you're staying sober for you, not just the family!!

SwimKim - I hope you start to feel better
StrangeAngel- a big hug to you too

KIR
Old 11-26-2015, 09:04 AM
  # 470 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rah555 View Post
I think the memories of the before will always be there but should fade in time, once we replace them with good sober memories. As far as other people go, that takes time too. The longer they see new you and see it consistently they will forget about the old you. Keep up the fight my friend!
I would estimate that I've had 15yrs of problem drinking...I'm 38yrs old, started drinking at 19, first 4yrs don't count since they were college years, then I never seemed to grow up, 23-28yrs were fun and crazy times with minimal repercussions, 28-33yrs it became evident there were problems, 33-38yrs very much a downward spiral. So I've been bingeing half of my life, it's taken a toll. Still have lots of great life to live and want to do it with clear eyes and a clear head. There's only one way to do that and that's completely sober. In time, the drunken memories will fade, the reputation will improve. Gotta stay positive despite all the negative....
Old 11-26-2015, 09:14 AM
  # 471 (permalink)  

Phew! Crazy busy thanksgiving morning here, getting food ready to take to 2 dinners today, how blessed am I?

Still sober, day 11, absolutely no desire to drink today either.

Hi to everyone, happy thanksgiving to those celebrating.

Off and running will check in later.
Old 11-26-2015, 09:21 AM
  # 472 (permalink)  

SoberMarathon, you're right, in time the drunken memories will fade and your reputation will improve. You're on SR for a reason. You've made the commitment and it shows. Many on SR with long-term sobriety can attest to the fact that your life will improve. If it didn't, no one would stay sober. I'm rooting for you!
Old 11-26-2015, 09:28 AM
  # 473 (permalink)  

I think that some of our loved ones may say things that come across as negative to protect themselves. Not because they don't believe in us. If they have been riding this roller coaster with us and had their hopes up, just to be disappointed over and over again...then it makes sense. They are only human too. It's instinct to protect ourselves.

Then of course there are the misery loves company ones. That's different.

I guess the point I am trying to make is to keep in mind that it isn't necessarily about you, and whether they believe in you or not. Which is a good enough reason to keep up the fight IMO....because we love and care about them too. I know for one, I don't want my loved ones feeling like they need to protect themselves from the sh*t that I do.
Old 11-26-2015, 09:28 AM
  # 474 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by canguy View Post
Daria.....hard to understand why anyone would do that.

It doesn't count.....
H doesn't know I'm not drinking. I mean clearly he's seen me not drinking the last 6 days, but he doesn't really think I have a problem b/c I'm not a daily drinker... I just binge a few times a week. Plus, I've probably said I'm not drinking ever again 1100 different times during a hangover and then continued to drink soooo... I don't blame him. He truly thought I wanted a drink like he had.
Old 11-26-2015, 11:09 AM
  # 475 (permalink)  

Morning all...

End of the week here, unseasonally cold. slept okay but always seem to feel like I need more. Wake early and check through the posts here, seems like the day has gone ok...

Keep goin Odelle, it takes a few days for the body to come right....maybe 3 or 4. Just sit it out. SwimKim.....even if you are feeling a little, uh, 'fragile'....this years' Thanksgiving is better than the last by the sound of it. Bit like my Christmas.....but not gonna go there for the moment....

Rah.....Your 3 days on from all the past stuff now.....just keep moving away from it....Tufty, enjoy your three weeks, you'll be fine. G'day Pams....the work thing can be hard as your presence can be expected....but anything work related will always go better without a drink, no one's gonna think anything less of you because you're sober, right?

Hi kiki...hope you had a great day, we'll look forward to the resumption of service tomorrow (or today).....have a good one

20 days is great onetime....3 weeks coming up.

Keepinit......we're on the same days I think...so let's have another.

Good choice SoberMarathon...and a good time to make it. Wish I had.

And a wave to Healthy......its's okay, ya don't have to wave back just yet. Hope the hand ok....

Hope your guy got the message Daria

All the best guys.....see you at the other end of the day....
Old 11-26-2015, 11:15 AM
  # 476 (permalink)  

After my slip yesterday I am taking it easy today. I need to rest and think about what went wrong and make some changes.

I think I need to take more "me" time, do more things that I enjoy even when I feel depressed and it seems like I can't enjoy anything.

And to leave my husband alone when he's having a bad day. My constant worry and asking "What's wrong?", and trying to fix his problems always ends up in a big fight...
Old 11-26-2015, 11:26 AM
  # 477 (permalink)  

Daria.....hard to understand why anyone would do that.

It doesn't count.....
Maybe he did it because he's getting jealous?
Old 11-26-2015, 11:56 AM
  # 478 (permalink)  

Very hard but OK

Impulses to drink happening constantly now.
Need to go under house to find a dead creature that
is smelling up a BR. So much easier with a shot of something.

But I'm hanging in there. Ears are even ringing, telling me to
drink to make it all go away, but I will make it through this day.
Old 11-26-2015, 11:56 AM
  # 479 (permalink)  

Morning all...
G'day Pams....the work thing can be hard as your presence can be expected....but anything work related will always go better without a drink, no one's gonna think anything less of you because you're sober, right?
No. I don't think they will think less of me. It might be a little complicated at first. We are a small close knit group at this branch, half the staff were in our wedding party years ago for example. I think there might be shock and a little disbelief that I wouldn't be drinking. I think that some might even try and encourage me to drink, or 'just have one' or include a glass of wine for me when they call for 'a round'. I don't think anyone would be disrespectful though when I am insistent about no. If they are, or if it gets to be too much, then I will just go home.
Old 11-26-2015, 12:31 PM
  # 480 (permalink)  

Blondsober, keep pushing! You can do this! Play the tape through...drinking will take you somewhere you don't want to go. My thoughts are with you.