Notices

Class of November 2015 Part 3

Old 11-24-2015, 06:13 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Heya Novemberers! I drop in from time to time to check on ya, but this thread moves so fast, I am not on the site enough to keep up effectively with each of you. I want to stop in once in a while and wish you strength to keep pushing forward. Been reading a lot lately. Here are some of my favorite quotes I want to share:

"You can't become what you want to be by staying what you've been." (Changing your thinking and being more positive will help you change you life)
"Nobody said it would be easy, they said it would be worth it." (Every day won't be a piece of cake. Recognize your small goals, look how much you've changed already, be patient, give yourself time to change.)
"Look back, but don't stare." (Be in the present, we don't live in the past. Learn from it, forgive it, and move on.)
"People won't be like me, they don't have a heart like mine." (Don't set yourself up to be disappointed by expecting too much form people. They don't care like you, Think like you, or love like you. They will do things their own way in their own time. Let them.)
"When you want recovery as bad as the air your breathe, then you'll stay clean." (Doing anything it takes to work your recovery and sobriety, DO anything it takes.)

I love quotes...they help me stop and think, quick. I know the meaning behind it so it takes a second to think about it and come back to reality. Anyway...
I'll check in again...keep strong, have faith, be patient, be kind, be supportive!
((Hug))!
Old 11-24-2015, 06:16 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GoldenSands View Post
Gooood morning everyone.. Starting day 10 for me today. Not much to say but I hope everyone has a good day. I'm a little bit shocked i've made it to 10 days. Feeling proud of myself. I think I would have have a drink by now if I wasn't sticking close to SR.
Well I'm not shocked. You are kicking butt and taking names! Keep logging in here! The November 2015 class Rocks! :-)
Old 11-24-2015, 06:18 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KeyofC View Post
Heya Novemberers! I drop in from time to time to check on ya, but this thread moves so fast, I am not on the site enough to keep up effectively with each of you. I want to stop in once in a while and wish you strength to keep pushing forward. Been reading a lot lately. Here are some of my favorite quotes I want to share: "You can't become what you want to be by staying what you've been." (Changing your thinking and being more positive will help you change you life) "Nobody said it would be easy, they said it would be worth it." (Every day won't be a piece of cake. Recognize your small goals, look how much you've changed already, be patient, give yourself time to change.) "Look back, but don't stare." (Be in the present, we don't live in the past. Learn from it, forgive it, and move on.) "People won't be like me, they don't have a heart like mine." (Don't set yourself up to be disappointed by expecting too much form people. They don't care like you, Think like you, or love like you. They will do things their own way in their own time. Let them.) "When you want recovery as bad as the air your breathe, then you'll stay clean." (Doing anything it takes to work your recovery and sobriety, DO anything it takes.) I love quotes...they help me stop and think, quick. I know the meaning behind it so it takes a second to think about it and come back to reality. Anyway... I'll check in again...keep strong, have faith, be patient, be kind, be supportive! ((Hug))!
Those quotes are just what I needed! THANK YOU! Are you doing well?
Old 11-24-2015, 06:21 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Hi guys!
Just checking in, our class list is getting big!!
Xo
Old 11-24-2015, 06:28 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Thanks for the quotes of KeyofC

Hi Jsbodhi

Wonder how strangeangel is doing.
Old 11-24-2015, 06:34 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
Good morning everyone! Checking in on day 9. It seems like it should be day 500...does anyone else feel like the time is going much slower now that your sober? Ha. I guess that's a good thing! No more wasted days & wasted life!

Patricia...we DO have a lot in common...now we have sobriety in common too! :-)

Rake...I loved you "new dawn, new day, new hope post!"

RedAndy...WELCOME to the class!!! So glad to have you! Loads of

support here!

Canguy...you are kicking butt & taking names!!! Love it!

Wolf...have a good day too!!!

Noolan....I love what you said in your post: "not everyday is going to be full of candy drops, rainbows, and unicorns. Some days are going to kick my ass, make me want to escape via old habits. The irony is those habits are an escape to a booze filled hell. One In which everyday turns into a song stuck on repeat." SO TRUE and my worst day sober is still 1000x better than my best day drunk! BTW...I have a am getting sick with some kind of respiratory thing too. Feel better!

Pams...I'm on day 9 too! Woot Woot! I wish a blizzard was coming to MY house! I love snow. Haha. Glad you slept better last night. I did too. My body, appetite, sleep, energy level etc is all messed up too! My body is like "what is going on???" Haha. We are gonna feel so much better when we get they these early days! Keep walking...OH and I relate to your husband offering you a drink. Mine does the same thing. I just really wish he didn't drink at all. It would be so much easier.

WelcomeJackie1214! You sound like you really want sobriety! That's the key! You will find lots of support here. Soooo glad you're with us! Try to get some rest if you can.
Kiki-OMG. I feel the same exact way about time going sooooooo slow when you're counting days!!!! It's totally amazing.
Old 11-24-2015, 06:37 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Morning all! Starting day 17 here. Woot woot!
Boy is our class growing. Welcome to Jackie and all the newcomers.

Patricia- I'm glad your weekend went ok and I hope you get your sleep and appetite under control.

Pams. You're doing a great job keep it up.

Canguy-I think we are working on the same day, right? Good for us.

Has anybody heard from healthy as to how his surgery went?

What about from StrangeAngel? I hope she's hanging in there. I know she was feeling pretty low.

Everybody have a great day.
Hugs to all.
Old 11-24-2015, 06:43 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Let's talk about dental floss.

Crises seem to come in threes. Yesterday featured (1) bad financial news, (2) not-so-good checkup at the dentist after actually trying to keep up this time, and (3) leaky kitchen sink at home.

Didn't take a drink, even when the sink went drippy. So that's good.

More importantly. The dentist said, as my dentists have always said for close to 40 years now: "You need to floss." When I was a kid I blew it off as something old people did. These days I have blown it off as a weird act of rebellion. "Who's that guy to tell me what to do? If I don't want to floss, I won't !(!* floss."

But after a couple of weeks of not drinking (rounding up from 10 days there, but why not?), I heard his advice and decided to go buy some floss. IT IS JUST DENTAL FLOSS. HE IS NOT TRYING TO BOSS ME AROUND. WHY DID I EVER THINK THAT.

Apparently if you get serious about not drinking you are OK with dental floss. Who knew?
Old 11-24-2015, 06:43 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  

I am doing well, thanks for asking! I want to share too that I am now 127 days. I am so so proud of this and so happy! I never thought I'd get this far. I share my days because I still have the ups and downs. I want you to know that although I am elated about sobriety and recovery, every day isn't a piece of cake. So each morning I commit to sobriety and recovery and it's my top priority. I guard it like it's gold. Like my life depends on it because quite frankly, it does. It doesn't have to be all that I think about, but when I have bad days I have to work harder on my recovery. I remind myself that 127 days are fantastic, but in reality it's a small step toward the big picture related to how many years I have been drinking. That's why I say to take time to recognize the small things..they all add up! Staying positive is a must for me. When bad things happen I try to either find the positive or learn from it and more importantly let it go and move on. I am proud of you all for hanging in there. I have to remind myself that recovery is a journey, there's no destination, no due date, no arrival time. It's something I commit to each and every day. Stay strong, you can do it!
Old 11-24-2015, 06:48 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jsbodhi View Post
Hi guys! Just checking in, our class list is getting big!! Xo
Hey! I was just thinking about you Jsbodhi! How are you???
Old 11-24-2015, 06:52 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TryingInTexas View Post
Let's talk about dental floss. Crises seem to come in threes. Yesterday featured (1) bad financial news, (2) not-so-good checkup at the dentist after actually trying to keep up this time, and (3) leaky kitchen sink at home. Didn't take a drink, even when the sink went drippy. So that's good. More importantly. The dentist said, as my dentists have always said for close to 40 years now: "You need to floss." When I was a kid I blew it off as something old people did. These days I have blown it off as a weird act of rebellion. "Who's that guy to tell me what to do? If I don't want to floss, I won't !(!* floss." But after a couple of weeks of not drinking (rounding up from 10 days there, but why not?), I heard his advice and decided to go buy some floss. IT IS JUST DENTAL FLOSS. HE IS NOT TRYING TO BOSS ME AROUND. WHY DID I EVER THINK THAT. Apparently if you get serious about not drinking you are OK with dental floss. Who knew?
Lol Texas! My dentist always tells me to floss too & I have the same reaction! Haha
Old 11-24-2015, 06:54 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KeyofC View Post
I am doing well, thanks for asking! I want to share too that I am now 127 days. I am so so proud of this and so happy! I never thought I'd get this far. I share my days because I still have the ups and downs. I want you to know that although I am elated about sobriety and recovery, every day isn't a piece of cake. So each morning I commit to sobriety and recovery and it's my top priority. I guard it like it's gold. Like my life depends on it because quite frankly, it does. It doesn't have to be all that I think about, but when I have bad days I have to work harder on my recovery. I remind myself that 127 days are fantastic, but in reality it's a small step toward the big picture related to how many years I have been drinking. That's why I say to take time to recognize the small things..they all add up! Staying positive is a must for me. When bad things happen I try to either find the positive or learn from it and more importantly let it go and move on. I am proud of you all for hanging in there. I have to remind myself that recovery is a journey, there's no destination, no due date, no arrival time. It's something I commit to each and every day. Stay strong, you can do it!
LOVE this Key! Especially the last few sentences! Thank you!!!
Old 11-24-2015, 06:55 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Hey! I was just thinking about you Jsbodhi! How are you???
I'm good! Busy day ahead and I'm still kinda sick but good!
I'm quitting smoking today too
How are things going with you?!
Old 11-24-2015, 06:59 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Welllllllll.....I better get off my arse & do something productive. Ha. But in all actuality, I AM doing something when I am in SR because it's really important to my sobriety! And without sobriety, I have nothing but a one-way ticket to misery!

In all seriousness, every time I read and/or post here I feel like my sober muscles get a little bit stronger day by day.

The accountability is vital for me! Love u guys...

I'll check in later. Have a amazing day and don't forget to do something nice for yourself. Anything but booze! Ha
Old 11-24-2015, 07:14 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Good morning! Start of day 4 here!
Old 11-24-2015, 07:15 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jsbodhi View Post
I'm good! Busy day ahead and I'm still kinda sick but good! I'm quitting smoking today too How are things going with you?!
Things are pretty good. Day 9 off alcohol AND cigarettes. I quit them both cold turkey too because they trigger each other if that makes sense? Studies actually show a MUCH higher rate of success in staying sober for people who quit both at the same time. I need all the help I can get!

I AM feeling much better & have a much brighter outlook on life than I did 9 days ago though. I am still a "newborn" to sobriety though so I need to sleep, eat, drink lots of water, be gentle with myself and try to avoid my triggers.

My husband & I aren't really talking right now so that's stressful. I just pray that the damage of the last 2 years can be healed. Our marriage has definitely suffered the consequences of my drinking but I didn't really notice it before because if I did, I would just drink! And numb it all out, ya know? That's really why I drank....I wanted to be numb! And the more I drank the worse I felt about myself, my life and how much I was hurting people so I would drink more. It was a vicious cycle. I really don't think I have another recovery in me so I NEED to stay sober!

My sponsor has 39 years of sobriety and she told me that there is an "imaginary line" that alcoholics can cross. Once they cross that line it is nearly impossible to get and stay sober. She's seen so many people die during her 39 years. She said drinking again would be like playing Russian Roulette with my life because you never know if I would cross that imaginary line the next time I drink. Scary!

Early sobriety is hard because it's like walking out of a tornado shelter and seeing all the damage, destruction and rebuilding you have to do. It looks so overwhelming! But one tiny piece, one day, one hour at a time I will re-build.

Wow! Didn't know all THAT was gonna come out when you asked how I was. Lol

Sorry. ;-) hehehe. It's like journaling! :-)
Old 11-24-2015, 07:25 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  

((Hug))Kiki! Anytime! If you ever need some positivity drop in and chat! I'll be here when I can!
Old 11-24-2015, 07:27 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats to everyone on thier milestones today
Old 11-24-2015, 07:42 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Things are pretty good. Day 9 off alcohol AND cigarettes. I quit them both cold turkey too because they trigger each other if that makes sense? Studies actually show a MUCH higher rate of success in staying sober for people who quit both at the same time. I need all the help I can get!

I AM feeling much better & have a much brighter outlook on life than I did 9 days ago though. I am still a "newborn" to sobriety though so I need to sleep, eat, drink lots of water, be gentle with myself and try to avoid my triggers.

My husband & I aren't really talking right now so that's stressful. I just pray that the damage of the last 2 years can be healed. Our marriage has definitely suffered the consequences of my drinking but I didn't really notice it before because if I did, I would just drink! And numb it all out, ya know? That's really why I drank....I wanted to be numb! And the more I drank the worse I felt about myself, my life and how much I was hurting people so I would drink more. It was a vicious cycle. I really don't think I have another recovery in me so I NEED to stay sober!

My sponsor has 39 years of sobriety and she told me that there is an "imaginary line" that alcoholics can cross. Once they cross that line it is nearly impossible to get and stay sober. She's seen so many people die during her 39 years. She said drinking again would be like playing Russian Roulette with my life because you never know if I would cross that imaginary line the next time I drink. Scary!

Early sobriety is hard because it's like walking out of a tornado shelter and seeing all the damage, destruction and rebuilding you have to do. It looks so overwhelming! But one tiny piece, one day, one hour at a time I will re-build.

Wow! Didn't know all THAT was gonna come out when you asked how I was. Lol

Sorry. ;-) hehehe. It's like journaling! :-)
I really commend everyone who is doing more than one healthy change at once. I am consumed with getting through my days without wine, much less without potato chips and smokes. I am not even too worried about getting back into an exercise routine just yet even though I think my AV snuck into my closet and shrunk my clothes over the past couple of years....dirty bugger. That's just me though, I think a contributing factor to how I got to where I am now is that I overwhelmed myself....tried to do too much all at once and burnt myself out eventually. Once I had a couple of glasses of wine under my belt I could shut it down for the day. Not sure if that makes sense or not.

Kiki I am so sorry you have to deal with marriage issues at this time as well. Another place where I have lucked out I guess. My husband has been annoyed with me more than a few times, a couple of times he was downright pissed off, but overall, not much damage done. He really is a great and supportive man who just said to me 'I knew you would call it quits when enough was enough". Don't get me wrong, I am sure I could royally mess things up if I don't take control of this now while everything is still intact.

Thank you Keepnitreal!! You are doing awesome too!

GoldenSands - I am glad hubby and I could laugh about it too....I never said he was smart....hahahaha

ps. I don't mind the snow either...it's the -25C and 50 km/hr wind that I mind (or -13F and 30 miles/hr depending where you live)
Old 11-24-2015, 07:58 AM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Checking in on day 10. Thinking of you all. There's no opportunity to drink today. It's my 24 hour day with school and work. Pshh. Ok, more later.