Notices

Class of November 2015 Part 3

Old 11-24-2015, 11:14 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Ugh! 2pm here and I'm just about ready to take a shower.

Hand surgery went well, it's the recovery that sucks. The percocet for pain control makes my head swim, dries my mouth out and makes me nauseous. Been in bed all day battling this. But this too shall pass. It's a battle just trying to eat yogurt.

Vodka is definitely off the menu today!

Sorry for the quick drive-by but I'm not myself.

Going to read and catch up and take a shower.

Old 11-24-2015, 11:22 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Morning all, the dawn check in from downunder....

Odelle, Like you I found the day 3/4 point was the hard one. Apparently it takes 4 days for the alcohol to physically leave your body. And that interval is a neat fit with the working week. So I'd be feeling better and it was the weekend. So, as they say, 'off to the races' The weekend written off and repeat it all in the new week. But get over that point, have a weekend without and you may feel much different, much better.....

Reading here many comments about marriages. Can't help but feel amazed that anyone could drink and remained married to someone who wasn't. Some of you are very lucky to have partners.....don't treat it lightly. They're hard to find....

Day 16 for Keepinitreal and I today......sleeping better.
Patricia....the sun will come out again for you.
Strangeangel?

Have a great day.....all 42 of us!
Old 11-24-2015, 12:27 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Shut AV! NO....I DON'T need a drink this afternoon!!!
Old 11-24-2015, 12:38 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

You tell that AV Kiki.....you got this....

I am very sad to find out that a co-worker committed suicide yesterday . He had some life stuff going on and was drinking heavily to deal with it. He wasn't even 40 years old.....

If that's not a reminder of why I am working so hard to stay sober I don't know what is.....
Old 11-24-2015, 12:54 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pams View Post
You tell that AV Kiki.....you got this.... I am very sad to find out that a co-worker committed suicide yesterday . He had some life stuff going on and was drinking heavily to deal with it. He wasn't even 40 years old..... If that's not a reminder of why I am working so hard to stay sober I don't know what is.....
So sad about your coworker. I have put myself in terrible even dangerous situations when I binge drink. I am thankful that nothing has happened to me or others. Thinking of you
Old 11-24-2015, 01:06 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

You tell that AV Kiki.....you got this....

I am very sad to find out that a co-worker committed suicide yesterday . He had some life stuff going on and was drinking heavily to deal with it. He wasn't even 40 years old.....

If that's not a reminder of why I am working so hard to stay sober I don't know what is.....
How terrible.. I'm sorry for your loss.
Like you said, even more of a wake up call for us.. RIP
Old 11-24-2015, 01:23 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  

You tell that AV Kiki.....you got this.... I am very sad to find out that a co-worker committed suicide yesterday . He had some life stuff going on and was drinking heavily to deal with it. He wasn't even 40 years old..... If that's not a reminder of why I am working so hard to stay sober I don't know what is.....
Thank you Pams. This time of day (between 2:00-5:00ish) is the hardest!!! Probably because that's when I would start drinking. I hope these cravings go completely away soon!

That is soooo sad about you co-worker! It's sad where this disease takes us. I can't tell you how may times I thought about suicide the last few months of my drinking (so like 10 days ago). I just felt so hopeless......Like I was never gonna get out of that hell. I think the only reason I didn't do it is because of my kids. I wouldn't want them to have to live with that, ya know? Plus I'm not sure I really would have had the "balls" to do it. But when I was drunk...I just got soooo depressed and that's when I would think about it. :-(

I will pray for the family of your co-worker. This disease kills WAY too many people. :-(

Craving is gone, by the way.
Old 11-24-2015, 01:42 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Day 1 today...glad I found my way back here. Feeling so low today. Feeling like I am a bad person. Wishing I didn't have this issue. I want to stop drinking because I am tired of the embarrassment and regrets; it makes me live in a manner that is not becoming; it affects my relationships negatively. I really need to dig deep and find the strength to live sober. I need to do this.
Old 11-24-2015, 01:44 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  
Introspectator

Originally Posted by rah555 View Post
Day 1 today...glad I found my way back here. Feeling so low today. Feeling like I am a bad person. Wishing I didn't have this issue. I want to stop drinking because I am tired of the embarrassment and regrets; it makes me live in a manner that is not becoming; it affects my relationships negatively. I really need to dig deep and find the strength to live sober. I need to do this.
Glad you took the first step! Keep coming back here.
Introspectator

Introspectator
Old 11-24-2015, 01:48 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Day 2, taking it slow. Just checking in.
Old 11-24-2015, 01:59 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Milk it

lack of iron and/or sleeping,
I own my own pet virus,
I get to pet and name her,
her milk is my shite, my shite is her milk

Old 11-24-2015, 02:00 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Odelle View Post
Good morning all, checking in on day 3, which has been my danger zone lately. I plan on sticking close to home and staying busy, and logging in here as much as possible. Reading all your posts and seeing so many similarities keeps me focused on beating this once and for all. As far as relationship damage goes, I have been a major contributor in my house, husband doesn't drink and can't relate to the insanity of the compulsion. It boggles my mind why he has put up with me for as long as he has!
Odell- I can totally understand and have the same question. My hubby didn't realize how much more I was drinking because I didn't drink everyday, but when I drank it was a bottle minimum. Usually I'm a fun drunk, but the minute he makes a comment like, " how many glasses have you had or are you drinking?" I would get pissed and we would fight. I've said some really nasty things to him while I'm drunk. Just plain mean. That had a lot to do with why I wanted to get sober. I hated that I could be so cruel. After the last go-round we talked about divorce, which in my state of mind I was totally great with, but getting him to be fair about property etc...would be a nightmare. Needless to say we weren't talking for at least a week or more. Now things seem to have calmed down and our relationship is better. I'm still irritable at times, but overall I can handle him better when I'm sober.
My sponsor had a great point.... You will find your peace and happiness. It might not be in your current relationship, but if you stay sober you'll be ok. Time will tell.
Old 11-24-2015, 02:01 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FaithfulAndFree View Post
Day 2, taking it slow. Just checking in.
Good for you faithful! You can do this!
Old 11-24-2015, 02:03 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Introspectator View Post
Glad you took the first step! Keep coming back here.
Introspectator

Introspectator
Don't be so hard on yourself. We have all done some pretty stupid things while drinking. It's what you do from here that counts. You'll have the opportunity to try to right the wrongs down the road. Just focus on you and your sobriety right now!
Old 11-24-2015, 02:04 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Just checking in on day 25
Old 11-24-2015, 02:06 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
Thank you Pams. This time of day (between 2:00-5:00ish) is the hardest!!! Probably because that's when I would start drinking. I hope these cravings go completely away soon!

That is soooo sad about you co-worker! It's sad where this disease takes us. I can't tell you how may times I thought about suicide the last few months of my drinking (so like 10 days ago). I just felt so hopeless......Like I was never gonna get out of that hell. I think the only reason I didn't do it is because of my kids. I wouldn't want them to have to live with that, ya know? Plus I'm not sure I really would have had the "balls" to do it. But when I was drunk...I just got soooo depressed and that's when I would think about it. :-(

I will pray for the family of your co-worker. This disease kills WAY too many people. :-(

Craving is gone, by the way.
I totally understand and am with you on that one, Kiki. Cannot believe I;m going to share this on here wth people I don't know. However, I have shared it at a meeting, and I don't know those people either.

My last drink 3 weeks ago led to a suicide attempt by trying to get out of a hotel window. It then led to a night in the cells before I was admitted as an inpatient to a psych ward for a week.

Today the craving hit me hard for the first time. I just remembered hard where that last drink took me and the harm it caused.

I'm just home from a step 11 meeting where we meditate before sharing. Thankfully that craving and those thoughts have dissipated.

Day 21 is over and just for today, I did it!

<---- to the class of November.
Old 11-24-2015, 02:06 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Healthygoals View Post
Ugh! 2pm here and I'm just about ready to take a shower.

Hand surgery went well, it's the recovery that sucks. The percocet for pain control makes my head swim, dries my mouth out and makes me nauseous. Been in bed all day battling this. But this too shall pass. It's a battle just trying to eat yogurt.

Vodka is definitely off the menu today!

Sorry for the quick drive-by but I'm not myself.

Going to read and catch up and take a shower.

Glad you're doing ok Healthy! Big hug for ya!!!
Old 11-24-2015, 02:30 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TheRake View Post
lack of iron and/or sleeping,
I own my own pet virus,
I get to pet and name her,
her milk is my shite, my shite is her milk

I wonder was he referring to his addiction being like a parasite inside his body...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m246v9Lclp8

anyway, time for bed....no hangover tomorrow.

"Milk It"

I am my own parasite
I don't need a host to live
We feed off of each other
We can share our endorphins

Doll steak!
Test meat!

Look on the bright side is suicide
Lost eyesight I'm on your side
Angel left wing, right wing, broken wing
Lack of iron and/or sleeping

I own my own pet virus
I get to pet and name her
Her milk is my ****
My **** it is her milk

Test meat!
Doll steak!

Doll steak!
Test meat!

Protector of the kennel
Ecto-plasma, Ecto-skeletal
Obituary every birthday
Your scent is still here in my place of recovery!
Old 11-24-2015, 02:34 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great to see so many milestones today

Welcome Jackie1214 and RAH

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
Good morning everyone! Checking in on day 9. It seems like it should be day 500...does anyone else feel like the time is going much slower now that your sober?
LOL yeah it does that...but it speeds up again - I literally do not know where the time goes now - my life is jam packed

I'm sorry for your loss Pams

I'm glad you're here with us snowvelvet

how goes it, neverthought?

D
Old 11-24-2015, 03:38 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Day 2 checking in...made it back to work and fairly normal day. Slept horribly last night, sweating, rocking, so much anxiety...finally managed 3-4hrs of sleep amidst hours of rocking and restlessness. I suspect tonight should be fine and then another workday before the holiday...

I will recover from this. I am better than this. Alcohol is stealing my life, my career, my reputation, my loves...but it won't beat me. It's going to be a long sad road the next weeks but I'll make it. No more craving, no more caving. Time to dry out for good!!