Notices

Class of August 2015 Part 7

Old 11-19-2015, 01:23 PM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Hi All, I've brought my folks home for Thanksgiving. It is lovely to see them smile, laugh and enjoy each others company. However, lots of work needs to be done on the house and I don't know where to start. I keep thinking of the fish in Finding Nemo (Dori???), who kept saying, "just keep swimming. just keep swimming." That is me today as the depression is tickling at me too. Yuck.

So keep swimming all!!
Old 11-19-2015, 01:24 PM
  # 222 (permalink)  
Administrator

You're doing really well from my perspective Patricia

D
Old 11-19-2015, 02:41 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Yeah Patricia! What Dee says!! Keep swimming, keep breathing!
Old 11-20-2015, 04:27 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Sending you good thoughts and prayers, patricia
Old 11-20-2015, 06:47 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Hope everyone is doing well on this Friday. It's cold here, but the sun is shinning. At least the sun is out! It always makes me feel better.
I keep practicing HALT, positivity, praying to my HP that He will take over things I can't change or control, praying to help me through whatever the feelings are. I keep telling myself "why are you thinking this way?" I do recall reading others going through this period around the 3-6 month mark. I know I will work through it and get pass it. I am optimistic. I am doing well, here. My 4 months was actually on the the 17th. My quit date for my very first full day was July 20th. Not the day after. Anyway, I keep adding them up.
All my small wins are one huge victory!
Old 11-20-2015, 11:42 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Hey Key, thanks for the comments on thinking.

I am a bit stressed with family coming for thanksgiving. My relationship with this part of the family is a bit strained. I find myself with anger-feeding thoughts towards them. I want to be as constructive as I can in the situation and go elsewhere if need be. Family is always a balancing act for me. I can act and talk positively but the thinking is a toxic sewer on waaaaay too many occasions - sigh.

I've been trying to breath into the stress as Patricia says this helps her.
Old 11-22-2015, 03:03 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Good morning all,

Haven't posted in a few days. Been very busy at work and home. My kids are pushing every button...and by kids I mean 22, 20and 17....,they are too old to be getting to me! My husband is constantly in a bad mood and worried about $. His business continues to do poorly but I can't help that. I won't let any of this get to me.....tomorrow will be 90 days for me. I have not strung 89 days together in years so I am pretty proud of myself!
I couldn't have done in without my favorite augustsbles!!!! Thanks for always listening.
Happy thanksgiving week everyone xo
Old 11-22-2015, 03:19 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats lovehoops

D
Old 11-22-2015, 05:46 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  

(((Lovehoops))) well done!
Old 11-22-2015, 06:24 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  

You rock Lovehoops. Your hardwork, courage and endurance have helped me in my own journey.

I'm getting a bit stressed for Thanksgiving. I'm a people pleaser with a hard core aversion to conflict. My family is a y'all come type but my sister-in-law is NOT. I struggle with all of this as I wind up in the center.
Old 11-22-2015, 03:17 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Congratulations lovehoops! Well done!
Old 11-22-2015, 07:40 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Haven't been posting much here lately since I broke my sobriety last week after I was attacked at work... But I have 7 days of complete sobriety under my belt again...thank goodness. I've been with my brother in the hospital since Tuesday morning. He is going through the ugliest detox I've ever seen. Please...keep him in your prayers or send healing vibes. We need all the support we can get! I am praying he will not have permanent brain damage & might be able to walk again by the end of this week.

"A healthy attitude is contagious but don't wait to catch it from others. Be a carrier."~Tom Stoppard
Old 11-23-2015, 02:12 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Thanks for thee warm wishes everyone.
Clown baby, I'm sorry about your brother in law...I will say a prayer.
Bekind , I get it with the holiday stress. Try to keep it in a reality check. Family will do that!

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 11-23-2015, 02:36 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Morning this Monday! Nothing new to report. Thanksgiving this week and my actual birthday (Friday)
Had one family gathering yesterday. It was a bit tough. Wine and whiskey all before thanksgiving brunch. We are not a close family so I would suspect that's the reason for the season of drinking. I know that was my excuse to get smashed. Dysfunctional family gathering! I made it through and to support me, my husband refrained from drinking too. Very thoughtful and caring of him.
Work a few days this week then I'm off Thursday thru Monday! So glad for 5 days off work! Have a nice day everybody! (Hug)!
Old 11-23-2015, 02:47 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  
Administrator

You too Key

D
Old 11-23-2015, 03:33 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Been working both jobs straight through to be off for a week. Today, tomorrow then holiday. Tired exhausted. Don't think I'm gonna even eat dinner tonight. Straight to the sack !
Just hope they don't kill at work today.
Old 11-23-2015, 12:42 PM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Hi all.

I have had a relapse. It just goes to show that, even with the most powerful of reasons not to drink, the AV is very cunning.

My doctor had mentioned that, if I went for a few months without drinking at all, I might be able to have "an occasional" glass of wine with dinner or so. Of course, that thought took hold and I decided that I might be okay to have just one now and then, maybe two, and then maybe two every couple of days or so. Still not drinking daily but last night I had two glasses of wine at the bar and then came home and drank one of my husband's beers.

Woke up feeling crappy-- doesn't take much to make me feel crappy these days. I realize it's the alcohol and I realize I'm on the downward side of a very slippery slope, so it's time to stop the spiral and recommit. I'm lucky that my pancreas hasn't sent me back to the hospital over the past couple of weeks.

Today I am deeply depressed and I know I'll get over that.

Here's the funny thing. I bought a set of AA chips online and have been rewarding myself with them for each month I have been sober. Now I have to take them out of the box and start over again. Such a silly thing, but I need reminders.
Old 11-23-2015, 06:41 PM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear this retread. Are you sober today? I'm so surprised your doc said that, I thought your health situation meant that your doctor would tell you you could never drink again?
Old 11-23-2015, 07:43 PM
  # 239 (permalink)  

I am sober today. My doctor said he thought I was a habitual drinker using alcohol daily to deal with stress, but he didn't want to categorize me as an alcoholic since I usually would not drink to excess (drunkenness) but was drinking a large volume due to tolerance.

He thought that if I would detox and then didn't drink for a while it might be okay to have a drink at dinner now and then. I'm sure he doesn't want me to drink more than a few drinks a month but, you all know how that would go.

He doesn't think I'm an alcoholic, but I guess I have to take responsibility for the fact that I know I am.
Old 11-23-2015, 08:38 PM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Retread1959 View Post
I am sober today. My doctor said he thought I was a habitual drinker using alcohol daily to deal with stress, but he didn't want to categorize me as an alcoholic since I usually would not drink to excess (drunkenness) but was drinking a large volume due to tolerance.

He thought that if I would detox and then didn't drink for a while it might be okay to have a drink at dinner now and then. I'm sure he doesn't want me to drink more than a few drinks a month but, you all know how that would go.

He doesn't think I'm an alcoholic, but I guess I have to take responsibility for the fact that I know I am.
Sorry Retread ! My psych told me I could drink moderately as well. I said no I cant I'm an alcoholic. If I could moderate I wouldn't be here. Geez, even a dr. Doesn't get it. You get it though. Today can be your new day one. I believe in you! We don't want alcohol to kill you!

Bekind, hang in there with the fam. I'm trying to work on people pleasing too. Puts more pressure on us, rather than the conflict creators and that is bogus. Took me a long time to realize that and work my way out of being the entertainment, cook , server and all around minion to everyone else. They have fun or they don't. Not my problem

Patricia. Benice, Yoga, Key, kitty how u doing ? Hoops congrats! JL, Clown stay strong! Don't let anyone drive u to drink. BBG quiet but doing well?

I prewarned my friend I'm not drinking. She is fine with it. She Said since there will be black ice we may not go far, and drink tea or hot chocolate and watch all the christmas movies on tv. Sounds good to me! What is this black ice of which she speaks? Do I need Those old fashioned long johns? I have an on and off fear of flying which was set off by the ice situation. Eeep!

Stay safe everyone. Lets all do this sober!