Notices

Class of August 2015 Part 7

Old 12-07-2015, 07:53 AM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Guess my last post cut off early, weird.
I was going to say Benice that Franken jogger reminded me of Frankendancer in the Peanuts movie I recently saw. I used to imitate that dance and the Pony that I think Violet did at their dances. Cute movie!

Retread, JL, Benice, how you doing? Haven't Seen Yall for a bit. I know it's
0Y'all but too lazy to type that. Remnant of my mom's Kentucky drawl.

Refuse to go down the spiral today, another Vit D! Did forget to take it for a couple weeks, guess it helps for depression, and I'm way low on it, as most people are. I might do the Pony and the Hitchhiker and Swim to laugh today (dating myself)

Take care everyone
Old 12-07-2015, 07:58 AM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Hi everybody. I'm glad to see that lots of you are still around. I'm mostly posting in the November class since my last slip was in November, but I check this thread every day too

I'm still struggling with depression and benzo withdrawal. Today I'm having a tough day. Snow and Monday...ugh

How's everybody doing?
Old 12-07-2015, 10:46 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  

Heya Patricia, I continue to be so impressed with your perseverance. I had a good day yesterday and now I'm dragging. Ho hum. I suppose it is the typical emotional tide of being human.

Lovehoops, I'm with you on the holiday thing at least in spirit (i.e. low spirited). I'm single with no kids. I do have family but have worn out my welcome with my inlaws (I had to learn the hard way what many people seem to know automatically - sigh). I have often escaped to the homes of friends without children for xmas. I often wish there was a system of volunteerism over the holidays. I would like to work Christmas day for someone who has family so they could have the day off.

Okay, deep breath and off to floss, take vitamin d and ask my dad if he wants to do yoga.

Peace on all!!
Old 12-07-2015, 11:31 AM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Thank you for your words Bekindalways. Today I was actually beating myself up for feeling so low. Your message made me feel better
Old 12-07-2015, 01:15 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  

"Beating myself up for feeling low." Man oh man that is me all the time. The beatings just makes things worse - argh.

Okay to counteract this cycle I'm listing some highlights of the day. They are small put I'm writing them out in order to give a bit of focus to some good.
-found shelf liner that I have been looking for
-figured out the difference betweeen poblano and ancho peppers
(anchos are dried poblanos)
-managed to print out invoices on the city printer - pluged it into my mac

Okay all, get out there and do something constructive: floss, drink a glass of water, play getcha with your kid, take a couple laps of your living room, take 4 deep breaths with extra long exhales and then come and post about it. I need your support! (I'm into low-ball, micro-mini goals)

Sadie, Beerbegone, yogapants, lovehoops, JL, kittycat, keyofc, benice, clownbaby, retread and anyone else, I do hope your day is going well and you are surfing the ups and downs of this "mortal coil"
Old 12-07-2015, 01:35 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Ok here's mine:

-I went for a walk even though it's cold and windy, but I didn't want to skip my daily exercise
-I had a healthy lunch. Avocado, egg, tomato, scallions salad
-I meditated for 20 minutes (it was supposed to be 30 minutes but I fell asleep during the last 10!)

I'm feeling a little better after writing the list. I remember my counsellor suggested to write a "Things I accomplished" list instead of a "To do" list. Thank you for the reminder!
Old 12-07-2015, 03:58 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Very busy day today and now exhausted. I'll check in tomorrow ((hug))!
Old 12-07-2015, 04:00 PM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Good on ya Patricia. Well done!
Old 12-07-2015, 07:50 PM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Ummm. I had my daily rant about Trump in my own head instead of outloud in public.
Checked yelp reviews to find a new vet .
Had delicious pesto pasta w tofu for din.
Micro accomplishments, good stuff Bekind! Thanks!
Old 12-08-2015, 10:00 AM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Good Morning Augustables!

Pushing the reset button of sleep really helped. I just wish I could keep a good self-patter going today. I've started to post in the Grat Pack thread every night. This is 10 things for which I am grateful. I find this challenging so I'm going to try to both actively look for good things that happen and MAKE some good things happen.

Good job Sadie! Patricia, hope you get another walk in and eat something healthy! Anyone else here please let us know of any low ball successes (of course huge successes: cold fusion, nobel peace prize, break through in a relationship with an inlaw also encouraged!)

"God has very low standards." Annie Lamontt
Old 12-09-2015, 09:14 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Hello! Where did everyone go? Hope others are okay!

Trying to make note of positive micro goals each day.... Yesterday was tough.. have felt myself going down, so called psych for appt to Check in before it goes awry, just in case. gratitude #1. I think it's due to a flurry of activity, my work always freaks out with projects due by years end and last push to get sales up. I don't do well with lots of things on my plate. Also lots of social events, so other goal yesterday to cancel some events , accomplished! Mental health goal #2. Found a new way to run out of house with hair wet, twist it up in lots of twists sticking straight up, get lots of bizarre looks from cars next to me but who cares. Untwist before 1st appointment, and I'm set. The little things #3.

Have a good Wednesday everyone.
Old 12-09-2015, 06:49 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Hi all, checking in after a couple of weeks of silence. Happy to report that I reached the 4 month mark today. Last month was definitely better than the prior 3. I didn't believe when people were telling me this, but it really does get easier. Hope you are all doing well. Must catch up on all the posts...
Old 12-09-2015, 07:36 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats yogapants

D
Old 12-09-2015, 07:49 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  

Congrats yoga pants!
I'm here, sober and too tired to post, will check in soon! Thinking of my August mates!
Old 12-09-2015, 07:52 PM
  # 315 (permalink)  

Thank you for your post Yogapants and congratulations!
Old 12-09-2015, 07:56 PM
  # 316 (permalink)  

((Yoga)) congrats! High five!
Old 12-09-2015, 09:52 PM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Thanks so much for checking in yoga pants. I have wondered how you were as you said the first few months were not all that much better. I love getting some good news

1 micro-highlight of my day:
found my cell phone in the truck. I had thought I had lost it - *****

2 micro accomplishments
managed to get a prescription of my Dad's refillled
had some old friends to dinner - entertaining is hard for me

Hmmm . . .I'm looking at today and thinking I need to do a bit more for myself. As a people pleaser, doing stuff for others is easy but doing stuff for myself is hard.

On that note I'm off to read a lovely romance between a knight and a nun. I swear it has no redeeming literary merit and I'm enjoying the heck out of it! (Pleasing myself )
Old 12-10-2015, 04:56 AM
  # 318 (permalink)  

A knight and a bun, bekind? that's funny!
Old 12-10-2015, 09:07 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  

Bekind , have you read Outlander? Obsessed
Old 12-10-2015, 12:49 PM
  # 320 (permalink)  

I bought a gratitude journal at the dollar store today
I plan on writing at least 5 things I'm grateful for every night