Notices

Class of August 2015 Part 7

Old 01-03-2016, 10:40 AM
  # 421 (permalink)  

Heya Patricia, I hear you on the no motivation thing. I try to think of it like brushing my teeth i.e. I do it whether I am motivated or not. That being said I am still waaaaaay better at brushing my teeth than exercise.

This morning I tried to take my own advice to you along with your idea to do a youtube video. I looked up medium yoga and found Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown; I don't recommend it. However it (along with channeling you all) kept me moving for 35 min. The video was more like aerobics than yoga. Who the heck does yoga in double time???!!!

One thing I do when I'm not motivated is aim to exercise for 5 minutes. Sometimes it gets me started and I will do more and even if I just do 5 minutes, at least it is better than nothing.

If anyone finds a really good youtube video for yoga/exercise, let me know!
Old 01-03-2016, 11:06 AM
  # 422 (permalink)  

I would love to do a Youtube yoga video too! So far I haven't found anything really good. They're either too advanced or too boring!

I went for a walk this morning. But I need to find a way to exercise my back and shoulders, really hurting right now.

Have a great day Bekindalways!
Old 01-03-2016, 08:00 PM
  # 423 (permalink)  

Hi guys. Had quite a bit of bad self talk today as its back to work tomorrow , with not much checked off list of things I really really needed to do during this time off.

However, to look for the positive goal, I did make a yummy farro and beet salad with oranges, walnuts and shallot vinaigrette and enjoyed it. Started watching Making a Murderer on Netflix, not sure if that's a positive or negative yet but it is very interesting.

At one point I did find some yoga on YT that I liked for those searching. Medium hatha type, will have to look for them. . I do not like those sped up yoga classes either BKA, reminds me of jazzercise. There are so many yoga classes on YT it's almost daunting isn't it? what did we do pre Google or YT I haven't a clue!

Be well Augustables!
Old 01-04-2016, 04:59 PM
  # 424 (permalink)  

Sadie, the beet salad sounds amazing!

Minor micro accomplishments
picked up some furniture from local thrift store
ran (more of a slow trot) 15 min
checked voice mail on phone (hate checking voice mail for some reason)
called my cousin
Old 01-04-2016, 08:41 PM
  # 425 (permalink)  

I was a bad clown last year....especially that last week. AV conquered my heart and soul. This year has been good so far. Just had to ride out the hangover until 12 NYD. Now just moody and the destroyer of all things chocolate. I have a positive outlook for 2016. It's good to be back with you class. I will try to keep up with you. The posts sound nice and positive. Glad you had good holidays.

"A healthy attitude is contagious but don't wait to catch it from others. Be a carrier."~Tom Stoppard
Old 01-05-2016, 03:34 AM
  # 426 (permalink)  

Good to see you back Clownbaby. Sounds like you are doing well - stay strong!

I am on day 3 of a wicked migraine headache. I was hoping that sobriety would help with these, but it really didn't make much of a difference. I still get them once a month, like clockwork. Can't wait for menopause! I went about my usual business yesterday but felt really sick all day. Hopefully, it will let up soon.
Old 01-05-2016, 10:31 AM
  # 427 (permalink)  

Welcome back Clownbaby! My favorite aliteration cliche from SR is "Feedback not failure". Wring this latest cave-in to AV for all the wisdom/knowledge/feedback and most of all future planning that you possibly can.

Argh yoga pants. I had a migraine once and can NOT believe how painful those are. Hunker down and survive the best you can.

Sadie, I took your suggestion and did an Intermediate Hatha Yoga Flow for Core and Hips by Shaina Gelinas of The Worn Mat. I love the name "The Worn Mat". It makes me want to set a goal to wear out a yoga mat. The video was pretty good although I find most exercise boring. To make it more interesting, I may just do an informal survey of youtube yoga. Please join me in this survey whoever and all.

Patricia, I hope you are hanging tough, breathing, staying hydrated, and getting some kind of exercise in no matter how tiny. Tell us the status of your marriage unless you would rather not talk about it.

Key, Beerbegone, Lovehoops and anyone else checking in let us know how you are.
Old 01-05-2016, 10:39 AM
  # 428 (permalink)  

I'm not doing well. I slipped again. I've been in bed all day, really depressed.
Old 01-05-2016, 11:27 AM
  # 429 (permalink)  

Aw Patricia, you seem like such a nice, good person. When I was having serious marital problems a few years ago, it made me even more determined NOT to drink. I think your husband wants you to drink. It gives him the upper hand. Don't let him or anyone else cause you to drink. Get your act back together. You can do this.

I wish you the best of health.

Olivia
Old 01-05-2016, 12:18 PM
  # 430 (permalink)  

Thank you Olivia. You are right. I need to find the motivation. I am having a hard time finding motivation to do things that are good for me.
Old 01-05-2016, 12:59 PM
  # 431 (permalink)  

Good for you for coming back to us Patricia! Maybe you and Clown can be sobriety date twins. As you know drink lots of water, heal and keep posting. You are a very brave lady!
Old 01-05-2016, 01:05 PM
  # 432 (permalink)  

Thank you Bekindalways. I am feeling hopeless today, very sad. Your words give me strength. Thank you.
Old 01-05-2016, 02:05 PM
  # 433 (permalink)  

Hi all,

I just have a few minutes to catch up and post.
Patricia and clown baby, glad to see you back. Listen to what the others are sharing.

Patricia, I think Olivia is right..if you drink it gives your husband the upper hand to look down on you..stay strong and big hugs!!!

Please keep me in the yoga video loop. I am a beginner but would love something to do at home!

Safe sober evening all xoxo
Old 01-05-2016, 02:17 PM
  # 434 (permalink)  

Hey Patricia, I feel for you. Me and old Hopeless go way back . . . sigh.

Meet this (not lovely) emotion at the door of your psyche as graciously as possible; let him in; learn what you can from him and then let him leave.

Tomorrow (not today), eat extra healthy, do a boring youtube yoga video and write a post to us about it.
Old 01-05-2016, 06:36 PM
  # 435 (permalink)  

Patricia, ditto what the others have said. Wish I could give you a hug and tug to get up and about with a skip in your step. ��

Clown, I'm so happy to see you post! I started over on jan 1 too. Day 5 today. I hope 2016 is good for all of us.

Good night Augustables!
Old 01-05-2016, 07:05 PM
  # 436 (permalink)  

Thank you guys. It made me feel much better to find your messages and encouragement. I managed to have chicken noodle soup and a glass of orange juice. I hope it helps.

I drank again yesterday and this morning. I managed to stay sober all through the holidays, but I didn't know how to handle the last two fights with my husband, and PMS certainly was a huge factor too. I'm not trying to make excuses, but I want to find the reason for my slip so I can be prepared to handle stress in the future. I want to be sober again. I want to be healthy.
Old 01-05-2016, 07:46 PM
  # 437 (permalink)  

Hugs Patricia.
Old 01-05-2016, 08:00 PM
  # 438 (permalink)  

It's hard to stay sober. Do must do your best to enjoy every bit of sobriety so you can compare that awesome feeling to the misery of drunkenness and withdrawals.... You will remember which to choose when the challenge presents itself. Patricia, it sounds as though drinking is your way of forfeiting the conflict. You will be so much stronger in your soberness. You can overcome more. I hope you feel better. Good luck!

"A healthy attitude is contagious but don't wait to catch it from others. Be a carrier."~Tom Stoppard
Old 01-06-2016, 02:58 AM
  # 439 (permalink)  

Hey everybody! (Hug)!
I'm doing good! The only time I get to post is if I'm motivated enough early in the mornings to get up a little earlier.
We have picked up a lot at work so I don't have time to even think about posting and in the evenings I have my family home. I've also started playing guitar so by the time I get home, practice my guitar, cook, clean and put in some clothes, it's time to relax with my family and get ready for bed.
I'm praying for you Patricia. I wish you could just get a while under your belt. I wish you could see the potential we see, but as I've told you before, I know you're home life keeps you from breaking free. I know you can do it ((hug)). If you ever do I think you'll find the courage to make a lot of changes that would benefit you greatly.
Clown baby I hope you too can find the strength to move forward ((hug))
Bekind ((hug)) keep going strong! Love your posts and lists!
Everybody else your sounding like your on the straight path. Like me, I just commit each and everyday to sobriety and strive to be better than I was the day before. I work on the things I know need changing and as time goes by I can see the changes taking place. I'm making the choices to apply the changes and it is bringing sanity back. Something I've lacked for a very long time.
Wishing all of you peace and happiness! ((Hug))

160 days today!
Old 01-06-2016, 05:19 AM
  # 440 (permalink)  

Holy cr&p Key!!! 160 days!!!! Congrats!!!

I can't wait until my days are that high. For now, day 9 and 199 hours Anyone use the app 12 step companion? I like the day tracker it has. Another lame dream last night. Not about drinking this time, but an awkward run in with a friend I had a falling out with. I've been having unhappy vivid dreams all week, weird!
I got to yoga last night though. First one of 2016. Yay me

Patricia how are you? Thanks for sharing and please let us know what you discover about why you slipped. I wish you would think about going to therapy and/or starting an exercise program. Both would be so good for you. I'm a big advocate of therapy......
I'm grateful to be going on vacation next week. Good timing because it looks like a work dinner is being put together while I'll be out. Given that I had drinks at the holiday party in December, I am not feeling strong w going to a work social event. I will once I get more days behind me. And good news is that my team does not socialize outside of work hours very often.
Ok enough rambling, have a good hump day y'all! How's Sadie and Benice and Clownbaby going??