Notices

Class of August 2015 Part 7

Old 11-24-2015, 05:42 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sadie1 View Post

BBG quiet but doing well?
Sadie I have been quiet but I'm here most everyday.

I'm really surprised at how well I'm doing. AV does speak up rarely but just for a second or two and it's gone.

I think the withdrawal I had this time around has a lot to do with that. I swear I almost died! I also think that if I put myself through that again I will certainly die!!!

I refuse to die drunk or hung over.
Old 11-24-2015, 06:45 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Beerbegone, I remember your description of your withdrawal. It was scary just to read about. I can't imagine going through it.

Sadie and Retread, more and more I realize that Doctors are tools not Gods. Your stories are yet more examples of this. Our culture seems to think doctors know everything but they can't possibly. They can't cure, alcoholism, nor bad eating habits nor lack of exercise (this last is my special failing - irk).

JL, I continue to love your tagline "Never stop trying never". Hang tough through your long work schedule.

Key, Lovehoops, clown baby, yoga pants, thanks for being part of this electronic community.
Old 11-24-2015, 07:55 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Morning guys! In another thread we were just talking about how we are emotional posters. Probably everyone is to a certain degree. I post more when I am "up" and I probably should post yet even more when I'm "down", but I don't. That's when I need y'all the most and should post more, but I go inward and roll around in it. I appreciate the support we get here. I appreciate everyone's thoughts here, good or bad. Sometimes we need someone being a little harsh for it to sink in and get past our egos..Thank all of you for all your words of support! ((Hug)) I hope I give back to someone who needs it!
Old 11-24-2015, 08:39 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  
Do your best

hope everyone is ok
Old 11-24-2015, 09:00 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Good morning!

I'm still struggling with anxiety. These past few days have been tough. But I didn't cave in I also had horrible withdrawals last time and I don't want to go through that again!

I also don't post much when I'm feeling down. But I come here and read lots, I think that's what's keeping me sober.

I think I'm going to go for a little walk. It's grey and gloomy outside but I really need some fresh air. Have a great sober day guys!
Old 11-24-2015, 12:38 PM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KeyofC View Post
Morning guys! In another thread we were just talking about how we are emotional posters. Probably everyone is to a certain degree. I post more when I am "up" and I probably should post yet even more when I'm "down", but I don't. That's when I need y'all the most and should post more, but I go inward and roll around in it. I appreciate the support we get here. I appreciate everyone's thoughts here, good or bad. Sometimes we need someone being a little harsh for it to sink in and get past our egos..Thank all of you for all your words of support! ((Hug)) I hope I give back to someone who needs it!
I'm like that too. If I'm not checking in now and then, you can bet that I'm either really busy with life, drinking, or depressed. I guess we are what we are.
Old 11-24-2015, 04:18 PM
  # 247 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back Retread

(and yeah, sounds like you know best - I toitally agree with you over your Drs suggestions)

got any ideas for things to add to your programme this time around?

D
Old 11-25-2015, 01:34 PM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Thank you for the shoutout. I'm doing okay with my own sobriety. Emotionally, I am a complete wreck. After a 9 day hospital stay, My Brother has been diagnosed with liver disease and hepatic encephalopathy... is extremely confused and is being moved to a nursing home since he still can't walk or feed himself. I have to empty out his house and give it to the bank. He's only 51! Before you drink, think about what you are doing to the people you love! I cannot handle this....I'm sure your loved ones wouldn't want to either.

"A healthy attitude is contagious but don't wait to catch it from others. Be a carrier."~Tom Stoppard
Old 11-25-2015, 01:50 PM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Clown, I am so sorry you are going through this . I hope your brother is able to regain some function. You have a lot on your plate, please take care of yourself too. (((((Hug))))))
Old 11-25-2015, 06:04 PM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Wow Clown, that is terrible. I'm very sorry you have to cope with that.

I'm doing fine, still dealing with work stress. My baby turned 20 so I'm officially done with the teenage years...feeling old. So dang excited for thanksgiving because all 5 of us will be together!

Happy thanksgiving all!
Old 11-25-2015, 06:20 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  

((Clown)) prayers
Old 11-26-2015, 03:58 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  
Do your best

Sending love prayers & hugs CB XO
Old 11-26-2015, 04:11 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Happy thanksgiving to all of my augaustables!!!
I am so thankful I have all of you and SR in my life...think about it? When we started it was 90 degrees and no it is the holiday season. We should all be proud!!

I am going to friends today which is our usual plan. My husband and I both have no extended family so it's just the 5 of us. We have wonderful friends but we always have to be invited somewhere. I get melenchology this time of year but I realize I'm truly blessed.
My husband is still very cranky but I'm not going to let it ruin my holiday.
I'm sober and healthy and have much to be grateful for.
I wish you all a blessed thanksgiving..enjoy the day wherever you are and whoever you are with xoxo
Old 11-26-2015, 05:01 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy Thanksgiving to those celebrating it

D
Old 11-26-2015, 06:01 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-26-2015, 06:16 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Happy Thanksgiving, Augustables! I am very grateful for SR, our mods and all of you posting and reading! Thank you for all the support.
Old 11-26-2015, 06:52 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Day 34 today. Lots to be thankful for. Happy thanksgiving to all of you! Xo!
Old 11-26-2015, 09:54 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  
Do your best

Way to go KittyCat
Old 11-26-2015, 12:41 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  

I am thankful for every single person who struggles through their personal hell of alcoholism so their family and friends don't have to go through what Clown is going through.

Clown, please please, take care of yourself: stay hydrated, get some exercise, find some good folks to hang with and come here to us whenever you can.

And a big big gobsmacking glob of gratitude to Dee, Anna, Soberwolf and everyone else that keeps this site up and running!
Old 11-26-2015, 04:42 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Hey everyone! I'm so glad to hear from you.... Busy is good. Less time for craving. We Had a nice meal with the in-laws today. Hope you all enjoyed pleasant family time or quiet time.... My brother is moving to the nursing home tomorrow. He is finally eating pretty well.. But it's hard for him to get the food to his mouth without dropping it. He makes up a lot of stories and asks me to pack his bags so he can leave the hotel. I am learning to respond without crying. I will try to rescue his cats from his house tomorrow. I guess I'll have to surrender them. I don't want to...but husband won't let me keep them.

"A healthy attitude is contagious but don't wait to catch it from others. Be a carrier."~Tom Stoppard