Notices

Class of August 2015 Part 7

Old 10-31-2015, 04:17 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Good morning all,

Patricia...hang strong and start over. Keep posting here. We have all been there and are there for you always...xo

Benice...no actually, we will not be empty esters...yet. My daughter just graduated college in May and landed a nice job in Manhattan. She originally wanted to. Move out bc it's a 2 hour commute each wAy from where we are on eastern Long Island! But....she wants to stay home and save $ bc it is extremely expensive to live in the city. I have another son who finishes community college in December. Not sure what his plans are? But my baby will be gone next year ((....feeling old!

Sadie..I went to Madonna in 2004...best concert ever!!! I was very drunk through it but still fantastic. Glad you loved it and sober even better!!

JL...enjoy trick or treating with your kids...it's beautiful here. Hope it's nice by you.

My husband is running in the NYC marathon tomorrow so not sure if I will be around but I will check in on Monday.

Have a safe sober Halloween everyone xo
Old 10-31-2015, 10:51 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hoops, good luck to husband, that's impressive!

Reatread, Yaay for prelims to come back clean, that's great news.

Kitty, are you moving far? Have fun packing only thing fun in that process is trips to goodwill. One move I decided to donate most of my books to library, 20 boxes! Use a Kindle now but wish I kept some of those books!

Patricia, I know how those are. It's like the body reacts before brain knows why. Maybe good idea to stay away from news if that is a trigger. My anxiety is getting better, slowly but surely I think w meds from psych, I'm using less benzos for sure and less craving to self medicate.

JL, how you doing?
Old 10-31-2015, 11:25 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Halloween is going to be a challenge for me! Passed up a cash bar last night. Almost made a BAD decision! Another party tonight. Another obstacle to overcome. The more I say no... The less control my addiction has over me. You can do it! I can do it!!! We'll get through it! HAPPY HELLOWEEN hope all of your treats are delicious and non-alcoholic!
Old 10-31-2015, 11:31 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

We CAN do it! Hubby and I are passing on the party invitations tonight. We're going to a nice place for dinner and then we're going to see a movie. I don't think I could handle a Halloween party tonight; they are always boring and the only fun I ever have is the drinking. Without that, I'd just have boring to look forward to!
Old 10-31-2015, 07:50 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Retread, great choice! I had fun giving out candy but walked around my new neighborhood and I was a little nostalgic for beer - lots of folks carrying around mugs filled with alcoholic beverages. I can remember many a party in my 20s where I got hammered on Halloween - I know it's not what I want any more, but I forgot for a quick second!
Old 10-31-2015, 07:51 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Way to go Clownbaby!
Old 10-31-2015, 07:52 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Sadie, not moving far! Unfortunately I haven't purged much yet but hope to on the other side of the move. Hope I get through tomorrow in one piece
Old 10-31-2015, 08:47 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Back from trick or treating. It was so much fun!

I have to admit I was stressed out all day! One of the moms from school suggested to go together with our kids. She is very shy, and I get super anxious around people. But I decided to go anyway for the kids.

After walking for almost two hours her little girl wanted to go home. And they asked us to come over. And I panicked. What if the mom wanted to drink?! I knew her boyfriend was at home, and it's Saturday night! And Halloween!

So I told her I had to go home, that I left the dog and cats locked in the basement so they wouldn't freak out at the doorbell. And I told her that my son could stay with her little girl for an hour so they could eat some candy and have a little Halloween playdate. And then I went to pick him up.

I hope that wasn't rude. I really like her. I think we could be friends. I feel bad because the excuse I made was lame, and I think she knew it. But I am definitely not ready to socialize yet. Especially after my slip yesterday, I didn't want to risk another slip again today...ugh
Old 11-01-2015, 07:53 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Patricia, that want lame. It was great! Be proud. That was a good mom night too.
Old 11-01-2015, 08:35 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Patricia, agree with Benice, good job on being sober Halloween and you had fun! Maybe you can invite that mom and her daughter for a playdate and serve non alcohol drinks?
Old 11-01-2015, 09:56 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sadie1 View Post
Patricia, agree with Benice, good job on being sober Halloween and you had fun! Maybe you can invite that mom and her daughter for a playdate and serve non alcohol drinks?
That's a good idea. I think I'm going to do that
Old 11-01-2015, 02:28 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I passed up all the drinks this weekend!!!! It was a very pleasant weekend. A lot of fun and excitement I hope you all had a happy Halloween as well!

"A healthy attitude is contagious but don't wait to catch it from others. Be a carrier."~Tom Stoppard
Old 11-01-2015, 05:05 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Hope you all had a good one. I've been doing outside house projects like a mad woman as winter is on its way. It is supposed to snow on Wednesday.

I'm trying to make a lime and ginger concoction an evening habit. It has a bit of a bite like wine.
Old 11-02-2015, 01:41 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Good morning all,

Sounds like everyone had a safe and sober Halloween. Great job!!!

My hallooween was pretty quiet as far as trick or treaters which was a bit weird for a beautiful Saturday?? Too much candy left over!

My kids were out partying but all got home safely..thank goodness

Great job everyone on dodging the drinking parties.
Patricia...I don't think you were rude to the other mom. I would have believed that especially since you let your son go over and play. You weren't completely avoiding her.

My husband finished the NYC marathon in a bit over 4 hours. He has been having trouble with hamstring muscle so it was quite a bit slower than he's done on the past. I was impressed for a 53year old man!! It's a great event to watch. I wS in with some other wives who's husbands do events with mine. Nice day !

Have a sober Monday everyone and a new month!!!!!
Old 11-02-2015, 08:02 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hey guys! Sorry I am here. I don't have a lot to say right now. I am in a bit of a funk and the weekend didn't help me. I'm ok in no danger of drinking. I don't get those triggers. I get triggers of depression, anxiety, worry. It sucks and I'm fighting to stay afloat.
I'll be ok...hope everyone has a wonderful Monday!
Old 11-02-2015, 10:27 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Key, never a need to apologize for being here! Many of us have depression and anxiety, so we understand. You aren't drinking, be proud of that! Anxiety would drive me to the bottle I'm the past. Post away if it helps, tell us about your weekend?

Maybe you will laugh at this.. this morning the delivery guy was delivering stuff at my storage unit for work and called he would be there soon. I got ready to go and did a cat count and couldn't find my elderly foster cat my husband nicknamed Granny. So I called husband in a panic screaming I can't find Granny, I can't find her, did you see her?? Of course, I had accidentally called the delivery guy who thinks I am out of my mind! This is the third super dorky incident with this guy. :/
Old 11-02-2015, 10:46 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Lol that is funny Sadie!
My weekend...well, I "long story short" posted a blog about it.
I am thinking I am just finding out how super co-dependent I am on my husband. It's not healthy for him or me especially. I didn't used to be this way, but it's also not realistic for me to place that type of burden of how my whole world revolves around him and that he is in charge of my emotions or that he should follow my guidance to a tee or my world will fall apart. Why do I do this? It drives me crazy just as much as it does him. When I feel I can't breathe when he isn't around? That's super attached.
Some of it is he is a male (sorry no offense to anyone) and doesn't relate to how my emotional health soars when he plays the role or meeting my needs. He doesn't understand that and I am extra needy in the emotion area because of all my years of dysfunction. Sometimes he doesn't think and he will not put aside time for me or not come home when he says he will. I am still a bit fragile in my recovery and very young in it, I know, but this type of behavior causes me such anguish. I feel like I am already putting myself out there soooo much and letting things go sooo much and understanding soooo much of why you can't do this or that (whatever the case is) that I just can't put myself out there one millisecond more. Does this make sense? I lost it. He is gone typically Monday-Thursday night. When he comes home and doesn't come right home, NO I don't understand that. When the next night he's late getting home again after I have gotten off work early and he was off early too, NO I don't understand that. When it's work, work, work, all the time, NO I don't understand that. When you have an argument with someone (not me) and you have to leave MY presence to "chill out" for a bit, NO I don't understand that. Is this wrong of me? Am I being too hard on him?
I am trying so hard to understand but I couldn't wrap my head around this at all.
Old 11-02-2015, 01:16 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Bad news I am having panic attacks again. All morning long. I slipped again. But I don't want to drink any more!
Good news I made an appointment with my doctor. And I scheduled an emergency appointment with my counselor.
I know it sounds silly, but I just can't cope with my husband's grumpy mood anymore. I am terrified of being around him. It brings me down. It makes me feel like I am walking on eggshells all day long. The smallest mistake, a meal gone wrong, a comment taken the wrong way, and then all hell breaks loose...
I can't keep living like this anymore...
He won't change...he chooses to be miserable, he hates his life,..it's his choice...but I have to find a healthier way to react to his moods...I can't keep living in fear...
I really hope the doctors and counselor can help me...
Old 11-02-2015, 03:08 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope everyone has a better week this week - me included

D
Old 11-02-2015, 04:43 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

I love you guys !!
It's been hell on some of us, past couple of days. Blessings and gloomy doomy times too !
Phew.
I'm chomping down herbal supplements left and right trying to deal. If I find a hug in a pill, I'm getting a damn 5 gallon bucket, and were all having a soire' !!
Laying in the sack with 2 gripey boys and a mommy w shingles and recurring panic attacks ( NOBODYS heard of those !!!)
Prayers for us all this evening........,.we all need them.
Thank you all for posting
Hi, I'm still Jeff, and I'm a alcoholic........ With real friends