Notices

One Year & Over Part 30

Old 09-30-2015, 02:38 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  
Do your best

Mags I'm glad your ok I have to use an asthma pump but never had an attack I'm really glad your ok

Hi Toots & all the overs
Old 09-30-2015, 04:51 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  

(((Mags))), that sounds so scary! I came close to asthma in my late teens and close was bad enough.

Drake, nice that you are taking Christmas off!

Toots, I'm sad that you won't be returning any time soon but happy to hear that Mr Toots has a new job that sounds more balanced. I had so hoped to finally meet Mollie :-)

Courage, I simply can't imagine getting my navel pierced!!! Ouch!

Have a lovely day, Overs :-)
Old 09-30-2015, 04:54 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  

thanks, and thanks for all the support overs
Old 09-30-2015, 05:26 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  
Magsie

Thanks friends for your well wishes. I'm chilling on sofa watching all the hungry birds out of the window.

Don't know what caused the asthma attack, hubby wants to get to bottom of it, obviously to try prevent it in the future, but nothing's different, my duvets and pillows anti allergenic and laundry wash what I've always used, fairy.

Ooh Wolfie Kung fu on to with David carradine tcm channel.
Old 09-30-2015, 06:01 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Mags, so glad to hear that you're okay.

The radio show that I guested on has now been posted online. If you want to listen to 90 minutes of radio/music chart-nerd discussion, you can drop me a PM and I'll send you a link.

The cooler weather has finally arrived and I couldn't be happier

Have a great hump-day, overs!
Old 09-30-2015, 06:30 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  
p***enger

Mags, my son had asthma as a kid -- he didn't get attacks, but when he'd get even a cold or allergies, he'd breathe very little -- he got pneumonia twice because of it before we learned how to treat it right. That can be scary stuff. I'm glad you're ok.

toots -- the piercing parlor I went to has seen all kinds of bellies (and other things), so I'm sure you'd be most welcome -- tho I do think a middle-aged school marm like me wasn't their average customer.

Saskia, practically no pain. Not at all like DIY piercing!

It's got me thinking of developing a tattoo habit, which I said I never would. Because even though I was a dirty drunk, I was classy Any Overs have thoughts on tattoos?
Old 09-30-2015, 07:53 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  

I went to the dentist yesterday, because I have dental now. I have terrible teeth issues that I have been living with for years (two broken teeth) because I never had the money or the wherewithal to take care of it. Dragged myself into the chair and to a denturist's yesterday, and it's way better news than I thought, fingers crossed that the insurance will cover at least a chunk of it, it's totally doable and I can have a new smile in two month's time. That makes me really happy.
Bit by bit I'm checking off the stuff that got ignored for years, mentally and physically. I'm getting a referral to a mental health and addictions counsellor today. Finally.
Oh I'm going canoeing later.
The snow was gone in one day, and now we're having beautiful 20 degree weather. Have a lovely hump day everyone. (I almost wrote "love hump day" haha).
Old 09-30-2015, 09:12 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  
Do your best

Excellent news InPar
Old 09-30-2015, 09:46 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Canoe trip is off. Want to know why? Because my friend's alcoholic dad who is in the hospital recovering after chopping half his hand off on friday operating a log splitter drunk, checked himself out of the hospital this morning and went to the airport in his hospital gown, detoxing. My friend is driving four hours to Edmonton to try to convince his dad to check back into the hospital. Sighhhhhh, ALCOHOL. Alcohol ruined our day. It's probably the last warm, clear day of the season. Oh well. It's for the best, I was going to take half the day off work, probably best to work all day. I know i'm not being very sympathetic, it's just so stupid. The whole situation, all because of booze. Argh.

Thanks SW.
Old 09-30-2015, 10:48 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

IP, glad you're getting your teeth taken care of. I put off going to both the dentist and doctor for over 20 years whilst drinking. I'm lucky to be in as good as shape as I am these days...of course I owe it all to being sober for 6+ years I agree, alcohol is a destructive force for sure.
Old 09-30-2015, 11:41 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hope everyone has had a nice day
Old 09-30-2015, 12:17 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  
Do your best

Goodnight guys I'm exhausted
Old 09-30-2015, 01:41 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  
Magsie

I agree Fbl, Inpar. When we drank that was the most important thing we did, everything else was second and then some.

Feeling my age tonight, fell like I've been kicked by a mule then stamped on by a herd of Bulls. Backs killing me must have strained some muscles trying to breathe last night. Oh well, it will get better.

Night Wolfie, Night overs.
Old 09-30-2015, 04:13 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  

(((Mags))) -- I cannot imagine how frightening that asthma attack must have been. I hope your doc finds a way to control your symptoms.

FBL - You are lucky indeed. We all are for surviving our addictions.

InPar - I was pretty clumsy during my drinking days, but somehow none of the mess I created was my fault. Fancy that! I hope the alcoholic patient finds his way to safety (and recovery) and you get in your boat trip before the weather turns cold.

Courage - I'm all for tats, the more cryptic the better. I have one from way back when I was a nubile undergrad. Last year I got a couple very visible ones that look neat and remind me to stay focused on my new approach to life.

Toots - I'm imagining the toots radio show. Will it be live or time delayed to bleep the foul language?

Drake - Xmas off! Wow! Last year I was overwhelmed by the prospect of the holidays - I still wasn't feeling well even coming into 10 months of sobriety. I even went so far as to simplify by purchasing a fake tree (no watering and less clean up). But this year I find myself excited over the prospect of decorating, gift wrapping, listening to carols, and all the stuff that the holiday entails.

SW - I kept my kids up late to view the moon.

Saskia - None of us know how long we have! We may as well watch the moon!

RZ - I'm glad you're putting your healthy feet to good use scouring for deals at the flea.

My husband was laid off today. He's the breadwinner, so this is pretty devastating news for my family. I'm in no way triggered to drink. I'm just trying to put one foot in front of the other and take the lessons that come my way.
Old 09-30-2015, 04:41 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  
p***enger

Gleefan, I'm sorry to hear the news about your husband's job. Your attitude is right -- it will help you adapt in a clear-headed way to changing circumstances, and see opportunities as they come! Onward!

InPar -- that's crappy news about the fishing trip -- and all spoiled because of drinking. What a shame!

I had a day worth whining about loaded with work meetings which I *hate* -- but it ended well with an anniversary meeting at my home group. There was just one celebrant but he's a big sweet teddy-bear of a sober drunk, and he was just glowing with gratitude.
Old 09-30-2015, 10:07 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning overs

Gleefan, sorry to hear about your husbands job loss, I hope he finds another suitable job. x
Old 09-30-2015, 10:09 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Thanks Gil and Courage!

Hiya RZ! Backatcha.

FBL,
I'm happy your show and mom's reunion all went well!

Wolf,
Nice pics of the moon.

Mags!
I hope you never find out what caused it because it never happens again!

Hi Glee,
Now that's a bummer! I hope you guys find more work.

I'm busy busy busy. Just doing for us, but still challenging.

We have been in the mid to upper 90s and are getting some cooler temps starting tomorrow. Weird drought here too. We have had the driest September in recorded weather since the early 1800s! It is getting bad.

Night all.
Old 10-01-2015, 01:45 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Nightmare!

I just woke up from an upsetting nightmare.
The wife and I were apparently going to the movies. I parked the car in a neighboring town in an area where there is no movie theater. My wife stayed in the car while I was going to go into the movie theater to reserve our seats. (weird) I got out of the car and suddenly I had an old coffee mug we used to have in the house in my hand and it was filled with Gin & Tonic. I said or thought something about 'fun stuff' and began walking to the theater sipping the drink. Suddenly I realized what I was doing and was shocked and appalled. What was I going to do now?
Cut to a new scene where I'm in the house I grew up in. I'm sitting at the kitchen table doing something while my wife is vacuuming somewhere in the house. The coffee mug with the gin is behind me on some sort of table that doesn't belong there. I get up a couple of times and see it but do nothing about the drink. Then my wife comes into the room and sees it and says, 'What is that'? I'm regretting I didn't dump it down the drain. I'm thinking I'm going to tell her I was accidentally drinking it but that sounds so lame. Then I wake up with my heart racing, very upset.
I never dream about booze. I didn't like this at all. I hope it doesn't mean anything. Anyone else have weird dreams like this?
Old 10-01-2015, 02:06 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  
Administrator

I've had a few drinking dreams.
I'm not one for thinking dreams mean much.

I did a lot of drinking - to me it's natural that some of those memories will surface in new stories, twisted and cut up as they may be.

I still occasionally dream of primary and high school - but I have no desire to go back there

D
Old 10-01-2015, 02:42 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good morning guys I finished my latest book last night 'way of the peaceful warrior' It really reminded me of illusions it was excellent read my brene brown book hasn't arrived yet & I don't want to start the blue dolphin as its meant to be based on Jonathan Livingston seagull & I'd rather read that plus I can't wait to read brene brown

I done 10 miles yesterday and I feel ok have a great day beautiful ppl