Notices

One Year & Over Part 30

Old 09-28-2015, 10:44 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning overs. Tuesday rise and shine!

There was a thread, I saw yesterday about worry. It was such a coincidence as I knew I would be fretting all day and then reading the post and many comments which were very interesting and enlightening and whilst reading I wished I could live in the moment and I went to work and didn't fret!

The mind is a strange thing, always loved the working and genius and unknown of it.

I've just bought some welly socks for my new wellies. Think I'm expecting some wet weather, lol.

That's true, Wolfie , there's a lot of theories of how long, I think the bible says forever, but my simple mind doesn't understand forever!
Old 09-29-2015, 02:33 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hi guys, an awful lot of night sky gazing going on! I forgot! But even last night without the eclipse the moon was looking beautiful and full and red. I have always enjoyed how imnconsequential looking out at the universe or over an ocean makes me feel. Like really, my life and the mistakes I have made are so insignificant in the big scheme of things. Instead of feeling small and powerless, I feel like I can do anything because if I **** it up, meh, in a millennia, who would know!

Courage, I will always shaker my chocolate with you as long as you share your pizza with me!!

Er, Glee, last year at the hockey you were sober too!! I remember you writing about how different the travelling was.... It will be different still this time as you are fare more secure in your sober skin. X

FBL I'm so glad your mom had a good time, and that you got to create some lovely road trip memories with her. Will you get the chance to do more radio?

IP thank you love, from someone who writes for a living that is a real compliment. I feel short story writing and novel length writing is very different but I do love both. I have a whole lot of short stories I am thinking of brushing up and releasing as a collection. Self publishing doesn't cost the earth online these days, and I am becoming an old hand at it!! I cannot believe you have had your first snow!! Was it not only last week that the last of last winters snow stopped falling????? Brrrr

Mags, it doesn't take a psychic to predict rain in the UK! That said, we are looking forward to some nice sunshine and mild days for our break away. Hubby's last day in his old job tomorrow. I'm sure he has mixed feelings about leaving, he has worked with some of these guys for a long time now, and it also closes the door firmly on a return sojourn to America; but onwards and upwards, I hope I was right to persuade him towards the new job, I feel he will have a better working environment and a better work/ life balance. It's nice we have a few days away to spend time together before he begins the new job.

Zip, how's the foot?

Wolfie, thanks for the link to the moon pictures.

Ok Overs must away and annoy my other threads x
Old 09-29-2015, 04:31 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  

toots, were healed!!!!!

it's still a tad tender in spots, though both wounds are all filled

i would of rather gotten sober again then go throught ordeal that again!
Old 09-29-2015, 04:43 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you're all healed up Zip

D
Old 09-29-2015, 04:56 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Glad you're all healed up Zip

D
What Dee said.

Hiya, Toots! I've got an open invitation back to the radio show whenever I'm back in Minneapolis.

It's raining here this morning and much cooler weather is headed this way. Looks like fall is finally here.

Have a great Tuesday, gang!
Old 09-29-2015, 06:35 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  
p***enger

Yay the Zip is zipping again! I'm so glad you're better

FBL I seem to have come in after your radio show, but it sounds like a blast -- if you wrote about it, please post a permalink!

All's well here in the sober city. I got my navel pierced last night by a guy named Mooshu. It was *way* too little trouble -- I was hoping for a little earth-shaking, and it was just a quickie. Not like the old days when I used to do them myself in front of the mirror. Nonetheless, I can see how this could become my new addiction.

Oh toots I had a really good slice of artichoke pizza after in the Village & my companion had a meatball slice that looked fabulous, so our itinerary's set for next time you're in the city. You caught me in early recovery, you poor thing. I'm more fun now!
Old 09-29-2015, 08:13 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good to hear Rusty
Old 09-29-2015, 10:37 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  
Magsie

Pleased you're healed up, zippy!

toots, when I first flew I felt very humble when I looked down on the clouds. I felt so small and realised us to the universe. Sounds like your hubby has made the right choice!

Have you a piece of jewellery for your piercing, courage?
Old 09-29-2015, 12:22 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  
p***enger

Just the standard stainless steel bar. Actually I'm not that into jewelry LOL.

toots, hubby, new job, no U.S.? I don't read well enough. Sob! But good for you & him in 100 other ways, I'm sure.
Old 09-29-2015, 12:25 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  
Do your best

Popping in to say goodnight Overs
Old 09-29-2015, 02:24 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Happy to hear you're healed, Zippy!

Nice going on the radio show, FBL!!!

G'night Overs :-)
Old 09-29-2015, 02:57 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you are all healed Zip! Getting cooler here too, 80s today but it is falling quickly. Making green tomato pickles, a sure sign of fall for me.

Good night Wolf!

Overs
Old 09-29-2015, 06:01 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  
Magsie

Just got back from A&E. Had an asthma attack out of the blue and my medication couldn't control it. First responder came gave me nebuliser,didn't work, then something else then called the ambulance.

I'm ok now, but a bit scary not being able to breathe.

Got yo rest for the rest of the day, so I'll be around, thankfully!

Hope you're all ok, overs.x
Old 09-29-2015, 06:17 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  
p***enger

Mags, that sounds like a big scary, not a bit. I'm glad you're ok. Do you know what brought on the attack?

Nice autumn touch, Drake my duck. Are you singing this fall?
Old 09-29-2015, 06:22 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by courage2 View Post
Mags, that sounds like a big scary, not a bit. I'm glad you're ok. Do you know what brought on the attack?

Nice autumn touch, Drake my duck. Are you singing this fall?
A bit. This year I am taking Christmas off! YAY! I am on vacation in early December so would miss rehearsals and early Christmas concerts and such. First time in forever.
Old 09-29-2015, 06:23 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi courage. No, I was asleep and woke short of breath, went through my routine with the asthma treatments I have but didn't touch it! Unsure what brought it on, I have allergy free bedroom so, I don't know.

Green omato pickles sound good, Drake!
Old 09-29-2015, 11:24 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  
Magsie

Simplest can sometimes be the best, courage, as in jewellery .
Old 09-29-2015, 11:47 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  
Magsie

Nice one Drake, we was forced to have holidays at Christmas, 2 weeks, didn't like the thought of it but now I look forward to it, enjoy !
Old 09-29-2015, 11:59 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Mags, poor you, that would have been so scary! ((((Mags)))) I hope they figure out what caused it X

Courage! I can so see you with a belly button piercing. I might get mine done if I ever find it! ( I'm down to only one chin now so there's hope!) I wish I'd known our last visit together was going to be our last for the foreseeable, at the time we both thought I'd be back. I always enjoyed spending time with you, early recovery or not, you are fun to be around and a mine of NY information!! Xx

Zip does this mean we can work on the tap duet? I'm thinking Fred and Ginger? ( I'm Fred of course, you look way better in the dress!!)

FBL I am so jealous, radio is so cool, I would love to have a show.

Hey Wolfie, Sass and Drake.

Off for a run x
Old 09-30-2015, 12:11 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  
Administrator

(((Mags))) I'm a fellow asthma sufferer...I'm glad you're ok, and hope you and your DR can work out whats going on.

D