Notices

One Year & Over Part 30

Old 10-01-2015, 02:43 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good morning guys I finished my latest book last night 'way of the peaceful warrior' It really reminded me of illusions it was excellent read my brene brown book hasn't arrived yet & I don't want to start the blue dolphin as its meant to be based on Jonathan Livingston seagull & I'd rather read that plus I can't wait to read brene brown

I done 10 miles yesterday and I feel ok have a great day beautiful ppl
Old 10-01-2015, 04:28 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Glee, sorry about your hubby's job loss. Sounds like you've got the right attitude these days.

Goose, I just had a drinking dream last night. I believe that dreams are our brain's way of sorting out some things. I always feel relieved when I wake up and realize that "it was just a dream".

Have a great Thursday, gang!
Old 10-01-2015, 04:30 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  
Do your best

I think I may do a 5 mile walk
Old 10-01-2015, 04:50 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  

inpar, my dental plan was neglect

glad to hear your addressing the issue

glad i took care of my mouth recovery, and in more ways then one! lol
Old 10-01-2015, 04:52 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  
Do your best

Just heard about a film called glassland spk soon guys
Old 10-01-2015, 06:52 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  
p***enger

Originally Posted by Rusty Zipper View Post

glad i took care of my mouth recovery, and in more ways then one!
Old 10-01-2015, 08:40 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

My friend couldn't convince his dad to go back to the hospital. Now he's dealing with a crazy drunk old guy who's losing his hand as he's supposed to be in the hospital under constant care. My friend is distraught. Also he's all on his own, as his mom has basically checked out of the situation and it seems like his other family have disappeared. I feel so bad for him.
Old 10-01-2015, 09:00 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Quick fly by, Overs. Have a good one!
Old 10-01-2015, 10:06 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  
Do your best

I have two books added to my reading list : )

Animals in translation, its about an autistic lady who can communicate & understand animals its meant to be awesome

& Anatomy of the spirit, its about the interconnectedness of mind body & spirit and using the ancient wisdom of chakra's and how spirit affects health

I just finished peaceful warrior by Dan Millman & thought the book was awesome i am now going to read the blue dolphin as il finish that in time for the arrival of the brene brown book & the others

Well I have books
Old 10-01-2015, 10:29 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Goose,
That was a weird dream. Categorized it seems your subconscious was just associating two escapes from reality, and showing how neither was enjoyable when alcohol was one of the diversions. And then it caused the embarrassment of discovery by your spousal unit. Sounds like a rerun not a premiere to me. <wink>

Wolf,
I've been reading all of Richard Herman, a writer along the lines of Tom Clancy and Dale Brown, my favorite action genre. I found Herman from a free offer on his first book by Amazon Prime. I loved it so ordered every book they had of his. They cost between $.99 and $2.99. However in the Pontowski series they only had books one "Firebreak," two "Call To Duty," and five, "The Last Phoenix." The local library only had book four, "Iron Gate" in that series. So I ordered the hardback on Amazon used Of Dark Wing that came in last week as I was finishing another of his books, a stand alone called "The Trojan Sea." I hate reading a series out of order so I use websites that show the order of books so I can catch up. Here is the one with the order of his books: Order of Richard Herman Books - OrderOfBooks.com
I was floored that a used book cost 1 penny, and $3.99 for shipping came in like new! Jacket etc. I do not buy hard covers or paperbacks anymore since I sold off my library I lugged around the world for decades. I use exclusively my three Kindles, one the Fire HDX 7" so I can read at night since it is really a full tablet, with a very nice screen. I actually prefer my old non touch and touch non backlit kindles. I like that my books are there for me to re-read anytime in the future. They also let me "borrow" any of the Prime books one at a time. I've used that but when I find a new fave author, I have to snag them while I can on sale. So I end up with a night in bed kindle that is self illuminated and day kindles that read perfectly in bright light. I don't know how I ever got along without them. My Significant Harassment ( a term of endurement) started reading again and has commandeered my older button operated Kindle.
Looks like we've many readers here. I loved everything Richard Bach wrote too Wolf.

Dee,
Primary and HS dreams? Mine are boring flying dreams and naked in public dreams which I have often.

FBL,
Me too!

RZ,
I had excellent dental care from the Air Force for 27 years, and kept it up but my genetic makeup wasn't cooperating. You can't beat city hall. So, at 56, I stopped paying my dentist the big bucks and had all yanked in one morning, then had my new full set of dentures in place that afternoon. The first year was the hard part. Then it is a new set every five to ten years. A set of dentures here cost about the same as a root canal and crown. The math is a no brainer.

IP,
That is a tough situation. Your friend is lucky to have you.

Hi Sassy!

Toots,
I too envy you your story telling abilities and book writing successes. No sour grapes here though! I want to read one and will as soon as I get one of these:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Round Tuit.jpg (79.6 KB, 37 views)
Old 10-01-2015, 11:07 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  
Magsie

Fbl and itchy! Naked dreams,.

Goose, I've had many drinking dreams, always relieved when I woke up and it was just a dream!

Wolfie, the new film, Solace, with Anthony Hopkins in it, looks good. Are you watching the new series on tv, You, me and the apocalypse ?

Well, it's white rabbits day, or pinch punch first of the month!

A lot of people are doing stoptober this month stopping drinking or smoking for charity. A lady was asking her friends to do it with her, go without drink for all of October. All said no way! It made me smile.

Why have I got this inkling to bake? If I bake I will eat more, but I just want to create something, I think , then again, it's been years since I baked, my friend and I used to make Christmas cakes every year from about September and soak alcohol in it over the weeks to Christmas! What's that all about!

In par I hope you get your canoe ride, we're having a bit of an Indian Summer here, hope it's still the same your way.

its going dark and I want a cuppa so please excuse me for a while.

Have a nice evening.
Old 10-01-2015, 12:31 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thanks Itchy my bil is a big Tom Clancy fan and I might get some of them books as Christmas gifts, I know what you mean about the books I buy 2nd hand they come in like new & excellent price the p&p is always the most lol I ordered a book for my dad which was 20p he couldn't believe it when I told him the price

Richard Herman sounds cool

As for kindles Mrs sw was speaking of them yesterday I thought it might hurt my eyes if I stare at a screen too much I do like books but il check it out

Richard Bach is awesome I've read illusions & illusions 2 I know there are other books he has wrote that I havnt got around to reading

I just saw what you dream about & fell to pieces Itchy
Old 10-01-2015, 01:46 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  
Do your best

Goodnight Overs & thank you everyone
Old 10-01-2015, 03:13 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  
p***enger

I'm extremely angry at the institution for which I work. I don't feel like drinking but I feel like punching someone's lights out.

Old 10-01-2015, 05:37 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Hi Itchy!

Sorry, Courage - the most important thing though is that you don't feel like drinking.

Hi Wolfie, Zippy, InPar, FBL, Mags, Glee, Toots, Goose, Dee and anyone else I missed!
Old 10-01-2015, 05:42 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  
Administrator

sorry about your friend IP.

No naked dreams here Itch - I don't dream in cinemascope

Sorry for whatever is riling you Courage

D.
Old 10-01-2015, 09:10 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning overs

5 am here on this quiet Friday morning. Just going through my old phone looking at music and listening. Richard Harris McArthur Park, a bit of Dylan, very relaxing. Lyrics, I find fascinating.

I'm pleased weekends looming upon us. We may go for a walk around a park, tomorrow. When the fog lifts. Been looking at Lincoln way this time, though the A15 is a nightmare road , undulates, you think you have a clear road then a car looms towards you, been too many accidents on it. They're thinking of making it a dual carriageway.

Hope everyone is well, as can be expected.
Old 10-01-2015, 10:05 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Thanks Mags I am not unwell! In fact if I were any better I'd have to be twins!

Wolf,
The original 6" Kindle without its own light will not strain your eyes. In fact less than reading a paperback.

Long before "Illusions" Bach wrote "Jonathon Livingston Seagull." A must read if you liked the others. I also, from a bit later, enjoyed "The Celestine Prophecy."

Courage,
Courage!

Dee,
I dream in WiMax! I have had few drinking dreams, one or two at most I believe. But not naked and drinking!
Old 10-02-2015, 12:05 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Goose, I have described some of my weird dreams here, dreamed I killed two people with a knife and had no conscience about it, they were bad people. It was a dream, I don't go around killing people in real life, same as you no longer drink G&T in real life. TBH I do get discombobulated when I wake from a drinking dream, fortunately I don't get many, but as it was my main occupation for nigh on 30 years, it doesn't surprise 'waking' me that they are a part of my stream of consciousness ( or UNconsciousness in this case!)

Courage, my money would be on you sweetie, I bet you have a mean uppercut! X

Hugs all x
Old 10-02-2015, 12:19 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

It's that time of year again, just had 525 trees delivered. The drystone waller built us around 15 yards of wall free because he wanted to show some students how to do a three wall junction.

I'm a bit out of date with everyone's news. I hope everyone is well.

Have a good day everyone.