Notices

One Year & Over Part 30

Old 09-25-2015, 05:16 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  
Do your best

Just back from another 5 miles I'm doing it pretty easy I keep filling up water to take & forget it every time as Glen is always super excited about going out lol

Feet are blistered but I'm going to not exercise tomorrow maybe Sunday instead

I heard a song that I love yesterday by the be good Tanya's its called 'waiting around to die' trigger warning btw but the strings in this song are awesome its like a song youd be listening to on a horse out in the wild west

But honestly don't listen if your triggered but what a song
Old 09-25-2015, 08:23 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Hey be good tanyas! They're from my neck of the woods. I saw them play live once in a little bar in Nelson, B.C. It was a really special concert. Have you heard the song "the littlest birds"? It's so sweet.
So glad you found little tinker her mom.
So yesterday I noticed that my presscription was getting low. So i made an appointment to the docs, went, and got more before they ran out. As I paid for them I realized that such a task would have been monumental while I was drinking. I would have let them run out then been panicking and not had the money to pay for them etc. etc. Life is just somehow getting easier and less filled with dramas.
Old 09-25-2015, 09:00 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hiya overs.

Chest , asthma ok, toots! Thanks. Pulled my shoulder though and had flu jab today so feeling yuk.
It's tough at work, some people finding out if they're being made redundant. We should know a bit more on Monday, the ball starts rolling then!

Will come back later and read properly when feeling brighter. Have a good weekend with your mum Fbl.
Old 09-25-2015, 09:29 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  
Do your best

Wow IP I'm envious you saw them live I downloaded littlest birds yesterday along with waiting around to die & the junkie song that video was really moving

Hey be good tanya's are phenomenonal

I'm sorry you feel yuk homemade chicken soup is always good for this or Heinz & some rustic crusty bread not to mention honey lemon & chunks of ginger in a steaming cup of hot water

Pretty balmy in London this afternoon I got sun on my back I'm loosing weight and its sober friday OOHRah

Speak soon Overs & awesome gig I bet it was InPar
Old 09-25-2015, 10:04 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  
Do your best

The get well soon part of my last msg was for Mags

We just filled up the feeders again I love the birds so much lil rascals to each other though lol
Old 09-25-2015, 12:00 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  
Magsie

Thanks Wolfie.

The little birdies will soon be eating loads more, Wolfie, costs an arm and a leg but worth it!
Old 09-25-2015, 12:57 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  
Do your best

I get most feed from pound shops I remember you saying you buy bulk where do you buy from ? pm if you don't want to say Mags

Never had birds in winter but should I buy more feeders I have 5 currently

I fill them like this 1.Sunflower hearts, 2. a new feed called beaks its suet pellets & quality seeds, 3.peanuts, 4. suet balls in a suet ball feeder, 5 mixed bird seed with mealworms & sunflower hearts

I have niiger seeds & black sunflower seeds but they never took to niiger seeds when I put out a feeder

I want to do more our tree looks so awesome with the feeders hidden high & in the tree we use a ladder to change them lol

Any tips & hints are always appreciated Mags

Hello to every single Over have a great weekend guys
Old 09-25-2015, 01:02 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

You have a good weekend, too, Wolfie - and same to all
Overs!
Old 09-25-2015, 03:06 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Thank you D that's getting ordered
LOL I haven't read it yet SW!

D
Old 09-25-2015, 03:37 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  
Do your best

I remember asking you when you posted the thread I asked for the author or something if this is that book I'm happy

Is it that book from the empathy vs sympathy thread ?
Old 09-25-2015, 03:39 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thank you Saskia
Old 09-25-2015, 05:38 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  
Administrator

Its the same author - the video was a talk she gave set to some animations

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-sympathy.html

I picked this one up simply cos it was at the library - I have no idea what it's like yet but it sounds good

http://blog.ted.com/5-insights-from-...tly-out-today/

“When we spend our lives waiting until we’re perfect or bulletproof before we walk into the arena, we ultimately sacrifice relationships and opportunities that may not be recoverable, we squander our precious time, and we turn our backs on our gifts, those unique contributions that only we can make,” says Brown. “Perfect and bulletproof are seductive, but they don’t exist in the human experience.”
D
Old 09-25-2015, 05:41 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thank you D
Old 09-25-2015, 05:54 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi Wolfie, I get my sack of sunflower hearts 25 kg for £20 from the stall in market but I noticed eBay don't gem for similar price. This is half the price that is used to buy it in small bags. I was gonna say fat balls for winter but the pellets are just as good, unless they get wet then they clog up! Which I suppose makes a fat ball but the birds wouldn't touch them then!

If they're not touching the Nyger seeds, firstly, move the feeder, try it on another branch. Birds want to feel safe when they visit. Feeders exposed leaves them vulnerable to do sparrow Hawks so they don't tend to use them until 'needs must' . I have a bird table next to a tree and feeders hung around near branches where the Hawks can't swoop down to. Next to the tree there is a bush, they can escape to that, the smaller ones! If they still don't take to the Nyger seeds put another sunflower hearts out. Not tried the black sunflower seeds but you may get some nice big sunflowers next year!

These sparrow Hawks are unassuming characters, they don't look harmful, but bigger than a blackbird, similar colour to a sparrow . He came to our garden and sat on a post away from the tree. My husband walked up to the post to scare him Without scaring the birds off.

He told me once when he was fishing a sparrow hawk was chasing a small bird and the small bird flew in his bivvi and the sparrow hawk hovered over the tent, it couldn't fly in, it went away eventually and the little bird got to fight another day!

I t can be an expensive hobby, feeding our little friends but it gives so much pleasure to us. You may see on this forum a video of humming birds, they feed on a sugary watery liquid? But we don't have them in UK as far as I know, but if you get chance look them up on Internet. I think itchy said he gets them, I may be mistaken. They're amazing.
Old 09-25-2015, 05:58 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  
Magsie

How true, Dee and Wolfie. How much we miss out on life because of fears and uncertainties! I will get this book to read also, thanks. I loved the Shack.

When we spend our lives waiting until we’re perfect or bulletproof before we walk into the arena, we ultimately sacrifice relationships and opportunities that may not be recoverable, we squander our precious time, and we turn our backs on our gifts, those unique contributions that only we can make,” says Brown. “Perfect and bulletproof are seductive, but they don’t exist in the human experience.”
Old 09-25-2015, 10:04 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Hi guys,
This week it was the battle with our cable Internet and TV providers, the final test and run up of the backup generator, and removing the last of the old power lines to the old poles.

The cable folks came in with a required set top box that limits the number of HD channels that can be tuned in to zero. They tried to sell less as more as they transition to all digital. I called and was very cold and told them to take their boxes and TV service and put them where the sun don't shine. (I speak well but sometimes the colloquial expressions can't be improved upon)

So we've cut the cable down to Internet only. Over the air is free.

The generator kicked in fine when the power was cut off, and cut off when we restored the power.

The utility pole removal was great! They just pulled them out with a giant truck that had a crane. I enjoyed watching it.

I did manual shovel work and tractor work after they left and am whupped.

Congrats to all the overs celebrating milestones.

Nite all.
Old 09-26-2015, 12:38 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
I heard a song that I love yesterday by the be good Tanya's its called 'waiting around to die' trigger warning btw but the strings in this song are awesome its like a song youd be listening to on a horse out in the wild west

But honestly don't listen if your triggered but what a song
http://youtu.be/-0SmXVrLlZ4

Well that's a right cheery song Wolfie, thanks for that mate! I dunno about triggering, darn near drove me to the bottle! ( kiddin, love her voice will check out the birdie song later!!

FBL hope it's not too late to wish you well for your broadcast, if it is I hope it went well. Can I have a signed photograph please? ( I have a darts competition tomorrow and it will improve my aim no end) ahh the old ones are the best!!

Hugs all I'm off before you throw me out
Old 09-26-2015, 02:59 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thanks Toots

Have a great day Overs
Old 09-26-2015, 03:50 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Hi Overs :-)
Old 09-26-2015, 04:11 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

sounds like your feeling a tad better mags