Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 20

Old 11-03-2015, 03:51 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Proud of you both, 1Step and Determined, for handling issues in the best way possible!

Your shoes sound awesome, determined!

Good luck on your job app, Pink! I'm right there with you. I'm beginning to apply for jobs as well. It was a really tough decision, but sometimes moving on is the best thing we can do!

London, great attitude, and mmmmmm....Moroccan kebobs sound fabulous!

Have a great day, guys!!
Old 11-03-2015, 01:25 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Great strength 1Step!
Old 11-03-2015, 04:52 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Thanks choobie!
Old 11-03-2015, 11:20 PM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Wednesday 😊 nearly half way through the week! I'm feeling achey today from my swimming!

Determind had a look at the sneakers, I'm fancying a pink and cosmic design!

London, the kebabs sound great, give us the recipe! I want to try some new foods, I enjoy cooking but have gotten in the habit of cooking the same 20 dishes!

Well, I better go to work. Hope you all have a productive, happy day. Enjoy it peeps, make the most of it xxx
Old 11-04-2015, 09:38 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Late check in, howdy kids!

I say we all order some crazy ass shoes and it will be our little secret thing in celebration of our freedom!
Old 11-04-2015, 11:15 PM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Happy Thursday!
Today is a study day for me. More joys of critiquing research papers.
We are going away for christmas and got the Christmas menu through. Complimentary port on arrival. Great. 2 starters contain alcohol, 1 main and 1 dessert. This irritates me to hell! There is no temptation at all, but I'm peeved that I don't e get the full choices everyone else gets! I will be requesting that they get in a bottle of shloer in for us as we are trapped on the island for a week and I want something in my glass to toast with!

Also we booked a work Christmas meal at a local pub, same scenario! 1 starter, 1 main and 1 dessert out!

Also, got a free christmas recipe book at slimming world this week. Half the recipes contain alcohol!

What's going on with the obsession I never noticed Before!

Have a great day folks, thinking of you all! I'm going to make a new recipe today, having decided what yet! Xxx
Old 11-05-2015, 02:39 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Happy Thursday team!

Got to travel again for a few days for work. Pink, I sure hear you on the alcohol is everywhere thing. Already, the talks of happy hours, etc.. I still go, but I just hang and drink cranberry juice and such. Truth be known pink, although it is everywhere, it is the elephant in the room of a problem that affects so many, yet we never ever get real and talk about it. Really strange how we all protect and promote this sacred poison.

Gotta get jumpin, have a fabulous day kids!

"Be careful with the present you are creating, it should look like the future you dream of." Mujere

Attitude of gratitude and eyes on the prize baby.
Old 11-05-2015, 05:11 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  

I hear you Pink! I think I read somewhere that the majority of alcohol is sold during the Nov-Dec time frame. So we might definitely recognize it around us more.

I know it doesn't bug you- bravo!

In rereading your post something just hit me. You mentioned "being peeved that you don't get the full choices everyone else gets!" I think we all feel that way at times. My wife tried a spicy drink once then handed it to me to try. We both realized I didn't drink anymore and laughed. No issue, no sulking. A contented reality.

The choice to embrace life and be fully present. The choice to be more aligned with our Universal purpose. The choice to be more fulfilled at what most want: "someone to love (and to be loved back), something to do, and something to hope for"

We've choosen to give up something (in retrospect) we really didn't need and gained something meaningful.

My wife and I used to go to a luxury all inclusive resort (we're blessed to be gifted a weekend away from my parents- who keep the kids). We no longer go since they won't reduce the price if one doesn't drink. And, a significant percentage of the cost does go to high end wine and cocktails.

Back in the day this was an incentive! But as I don't drink and my wife drinks rarely and lightly, on principal we are not going to pay a premium for the 'open bar' we won't be taking advantage of.

The fact that we all need to keep in mind is that by making the choice to become and remain alcohol free- our lives and souls are actually open to many other, signifcant choices that were once closed to us (and remain closed to many!).

I've been thinking about the absurdity of my relatives 'drunk book club' at Thanksgiving last year and how all became 'scholars' and 'philosophers' over (many) drinks.

I'm glad I walked away from those type of choices.
Old 11-05-2015, 05:55 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Me, too, Ultra! So glad I walked away. My destiny is out of the minds and opinions of others, and firmly within my own grasp.

My custom Vans are now my avatar. I'm a purple space girl all the way, baby! Great idea, determined.

Pink, I know what you mean about having choices. After I my parched experience at the wedding a few months ago, I firmly believe that emergency supplies are necessary and warranted!

Construction surrounding my house is coming to an end, with the sports event center (prominently featuring an ale house) is opening very soon. Now we'll decide if and when to move, depending on the amount and volume level of midnight revelers.

Love you guys! Have a great day.
Old 11-05-2015, 08:04 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  

ultra that was a fantastic post! we have made one of the bravest choices of all, and the very fact that we recognized it could be a choice - our choice - well that's just the biggest prize of all! ill cope with the smaller choice of the menu - it just tickled me. that must be how vegetarians feel at times I guess!

choobie! that's the cosmic pattern im looking at! Im looking at the boot trainers with cosmic sides, pink tongue and heel supports with chequered laces!! have spent way too long playing on that website when I should be studying today!!! determind I blame you completely!!! you are going to rock your flamingos x

I have just hit 'send' on my job application, and you are the guys I share this news with first. thank you for the encouragement, lets hope I get shortlisted. I know I have more to give, and there are lots of people out there that are in need. Lets hope I get this job so I can give even more than I do now :-)

feeling good campers!!!!

My friend is still on life support, but they managed to operate yesterday to pin her legs. at least she is stable enough for the operation. Prayers people, all of your prayers please!!

Much love.

Im off, it has started pouring with rain and I can hear it tapping on the window, it is so cathartic. im going outside to stand in the rain and flush all of my negativity away. today is a good day. lets go get wet :-)
Old 11-05-2015, 01:27 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  
Administrator

best wishes Pink

D
Old 11-05-2015, 02:15 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  

I just read this and smiled:

"I used to walk into a room and wonder if anyone liked me. Now I walk into a room and wonder if there's anyone I like"
Old 11-05-2015, 11:59 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Ultra that has out the biggest grin on my face! It's a great statement of a power shft too - I feel more confident waking into a room now than I ever did with Dutch courage. Oh THE IRONY! Great start to the day ultra xx
Old 11-06-2015, 03:01 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Hey hey hey, it is Friday!!

Choobie, freakin love the shoes!!! Hell yes!! When you put them on they will give you super duper sober power!!

Pink, yours sound super rad too man! Isn't that site fun! High five on the job adventure, feels great to take action! I predict good things!

Great quote ultra, reminds me of this "I used to think I drank to make me more interesting, but I really drank to make others appear more interesting" lol!!

Can you guys believe Christmas is less then two months and thanksgiving is around the corner!! Such a magical time.

"Life is what we make of it, always has been, always will be." Anna Moses
Old 11-07-2015, 12:56 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Hey guys!

Raining here, waterproofs on, going for a little kayaking 😊

What are you all up to today?

Feeling a little sad today and don't know why, hoping the fresh air blows it all away!

No sausages xx
Old 11-07-2015, 01:10 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  
Administrator

Been raining here too pink - hope your day gets better

D
Old 11-07-2015, 03:35 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Happy Saturday gang! Particularly good strong coffee this morning, dang that is just awesome.

Hey pink, sorry the blues knocked at your door. The only thing I can offer is that, i have noticed if I do not attach to the feeling, or even resist it, it will pass more quickly. What you resist persists. Just observe the feeling and let it go. Duck dive, be patient, and it will pass. Happened to me earlier this week. Was fighting a cold and under work stress, realized sad waves were pounding me. I observed it, did not resist or attach, and sure enough I woke up a few days later and poked my head above the water as the wave had passed. Your mind could be prepping you for the big positive things in store for you with new opportunities!!

Gotta travel for a few days soon. Down time with people acting like happy hour is just the coolest thing on earth. Admittedly, the AV made it sound like it could be fun to kick up the heels for a bit. But I know in reality, I would be just sitting, listening to nonsense and getting fat and depressed. Then missing my 5am workout. Ok.... Easy enough to make that decision!

Hope everyone is feeling fantastic and has a wonderful day.

"Somebody should tell us, right at the start of our lives, that we are dying. Then we might live life to the limit, every minute of every day." Michael Landon.

Love!
Old 11-07-2015, 08:37 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Hope things are looking up, Pink, and your kayak trip was awesome!
Determined, excellent resilience. I'm putting your advice in my pocket for another day. And good on you
Ultra, great quote!

I often feel like I started this journey asking what the world wanted of me. And then I began accepting the world as it was and we went to our separate corners. And now, I ask what I want of the world and in the world. Next, I hope to be asking what I can give to the world. For me, it's always been about the fear of giving what I got.

Love you guys, hope you are having a great weekend. It's inspiring to see us looking forward to the holidays!
Old 11-07-2015, 10:49 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Hope all is well.

Ran 8 miles today- breaking my three week lay off post ultra. I'm going to be sore tomorrow!

Keep strong!
Old 11-07-2015, 01:44 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a great weekend guys

D