Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 20

Old 10-21-2015, 02:38 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Happy hump day peeps!

Scooter and Choobie, I too run into reminders every once in a while. I have the core tube and screen part of a television in my shed as the trash truck will not take it for some reason. I thought it would be funny when some friends and I were off the rails to throw it off of my second floor balcony onto the driveway. Idiot. Complete jackass. I have to get rid of it somehow.

London, awesome on the run dude, you will smash it! Good to set another goal ultra.

Gotta get moving here kids, hugs and love around!

"You can't turn back the clock, but you can wind it up again." Bonnie pruden

Go for it.
Old 10-21-2015, 12:22 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Great stuff London! When I was training for a half (which I never ended up doing) I told people I was running 13.1 since I was only 1/2 crazy.

Have a great run! That would be so challenging for me.
Old 10-21-2015, 01:14 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Hey guys just a check in. No better news here. Thank you for the kind thoughts, I really don't have it in me to scroll back and do personal messages, but please know I am thinking of you all, and hope that you are all healthy and happy xxx
Old 10-21-2015, 05:00 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  

We know you care, Pink! Lean on us when needed Hope everything is ok!

London, you are going to rock that half! Weird, I thought the rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain.

Sounds like good goals, Ultra! Both extreme and sensible. I like it!

Hello to determined, Scooter, Grateful, and all of team August!!!

Doing just fine here. No news-just checking in.
Old 10-22-2015, 02:37 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Wow, weekend already on the horizon babies!

Love the goal setting guys! My goal for this year is still to find my mojo, I am making progress already! Got a bit of my old swagger back! Cue in the superfly music now.... Watch determined strut in his big fake fur coat, hat and shades.... Ah yeah boy..

Have a fantastic day kids! This day comes only once, so rock it.

"Kindness is more important than wisdom, and the recognition of this is the beginning of wisdom." Ted Rubin

Refuse to detach from your strengths.

Giddy up!
Old 10-22-2015, 04:22 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Good morning,

Pink, I just tried to send you a PM, but it was refused because your box is full. Take care, my friend. I will try again later.

Determined, I was 14 months sober when I cleaned my scratch, left the bathroom with the peroxide, Neosporin and bandages on the counter to finish what I was doing, then forgot to go back and put them away. When I walked into that bathroom a few days later, my first thought was that I must have JUST had a blackout and hurt myself, TOTALLY forgetting I had not had a drink in over a year, and not remembering the minor scratch I got in the middle of moving things into the basement because of the weather forecast. It was very disturbing to me to think that it took a few seconds to realize I had taken care of the minor cut and left things out to get back to the job at hand. WEIRD!

Nothing new here - I am volunteer driving, reading the shelves at the library, attempting yoga and mediation, and enjoying life.

Let's keep on keeping on.
Old 10-22-2015, 12:40 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, 4months sober today for me!

Its starting to feel natural not drinking if that makes sense? My every thought isn't alcohol dominated, my response to fear, anger, heartache, jealousy, sadness, happiness, excitement, boredom, disappointment etc isn't to run away into a drink. I'm actually learning to deal with feelings and emotions and except the highs and lows are temporary and will pass. My journey has just started but Ive come too far to go back into the madness.

To top it all I'm even tee-total in my dreams now!!! Thank you team for helping me get this far....
Old 10-22-2015, 04:37 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  

1Step, it makes perfect sense! That is exactly what happened to me, and it only get better from there. I am very happy for you; you have overcome a lot; your posts have shown just how it can be done.
Old 10-22-2015, 06:13 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Great stuff 1Step!
Old 10-23-2015, 12:02 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  

1 step youre doing fab, well done my lovely!
London, upping the running is a great commitment, youre a better man than me! I intend to increase my swimming in the run up to Christmas, I have let it slip and need to get my fitness back up.
determind thanks for the PM, much appreciated.
scooter, thank you for your PM too, thank you x

Im ok but am a bit low and a bit emotional so have been shutting myself away a little bit, haven't got much to say. My friends kidneys are shutting down, and they are desperately trying to keep them going. . shes very poorly, and we are all hoping and praying, and appreciating each day we all have together. it has really kicked life into perspective.

Thank for the good thoughts people, much appreciated.

thinking of you all and wishing you all a good day xxx
Old 10-23-2015, 02:39 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Friday, hell yes!!! Woooooo!!!

1step, awesome dude! High five! You are doing fantastic man.

Scooter, loved your story, isn't it funny how these little things happen! Like strange flashbacks. My god life is better without playing the guess what you did game each morning!

Pink, just keep going girl, you are doing great working your feelings through naturally. Thoughts and life spirit reflections with you from our end.

"The future depends on what we do in the present." Gandhi

Gonna put on some earth wind and fire on the hi fi and dance while making my morning wheatgrass. Quite the scene baby, quite the scene.

Wiggle it.
Old 10-24-2015, 12:30 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Hey guys!

It's the weekend again! I have been so busy at work so I have been looking forward to it. My run is tomorrow so today is a rest day and this morning I am heading to my morning AA

1step - congrats on the 4 months. You have got it, it does start to feel natural and only gets better :-)

Wishing everyone a great day :-)
Old 10-24-2015, 02:52 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Saturday morning, coffee in hand, life is good.

Good luck London! That is so awesome you are doing it! Go kill it and have fun!

Going to be in a Halloween parade today with my little guy, super cool.

Off to the gym.

"The greatest things ever done on earth have been done little by little." William Bryan

Love
Old 10-24-2015, 07:36 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  

I'll be on vacation for the next few days with my wife. My parents are coming up to take care of the kids (they give us a vacation for xmas yearly).

Have a great run London- the tough part (training) is done so have fun with it! Its been said that the 'easy' part is running the event with a bunch of folks looking on and cheering for you. The difficult part is having the motivation / dedication to put in the miles when no one is watching.

That's where character comes into play.
Old 10-24-2015, 03:16 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  
Administrator

have a great break Ultra

D
Old 10-25-2015, 02:56 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  

morning guys, hope you enjoyed the extra hour In bed!
no news here, just checking in a wishing you all a happy day, with sunshine, love and laughter xxx
Old 10-25-2015, 04:49 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Happy Sunday!

Quick post, parade was a blast, party was fun. AV tried to whisper, but was easy enough to shove off. Boy, I never regret staying on this path, remember everything, zero guilt. Precious and not taken for granted.

Love to all you guys. Giant extra long, pick the feet up off the ground, bear hugs to each and everyone!

"We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures." Thornton wilder.

Just say yes to life today.
Old 10-25-2015, 04:51 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope your run went well sthlondonab

D
Old 10-25-2015, 12:19 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  

London hope your run went fabulously! Xx
Old 10-25-2015, 04:02 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  

London, hope you had a blast on your run man!!