Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 20

Old 11-08-2015, 12:01 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Morning from the UK!
Laying in bed debating what to do today. Will probably go for a drive to scout new kayak drop in spots in new areas, then head somewhere for Dunch. Lazy sunday really, but that what the doctor ordered 😊
Going to up and get the coffee going , good call determined! Much needed today!
Ultra well done on your run, bet your achey today after 3 weeks off! Put your feet up today x
Choobie I love your post, it's got me thinking about my position in this world, and what I can do, how can I be better. Thanks!

Right.......coffee needed, catch y'all laters xxx
Old 11-08-2015, 03:06 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Hey guys

Missed a few days as I have been travelling with work and my data allowance has not been up to much on the mobile plan.

I am returning home to London today which is great. Looking forward to being home after the work travel. Going to be in London for a good few weeks now.

Hoping everyone is doing well.
Old 11-08-2015, 10:24 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Howdy gang, all good here, had my 35th birthday on the 5th and then my youngest daughters the next day and had a lovely time on both, I spent my last birthday in hospital through drink so what a difference a year makes!

Think its 20weeks sobriety at midnight tonight for me or 140days! Isn't it a great feeling when the numbers get too big to count properly?! I know it'll be (God willing) 5months on the 22nd anyway, really noticing a difference in my calmness and more people are commenting on the positive changes in me which is encouraging.

Took my Grandmother out for a meal today for her birthday (that's 3 birthdays in 4 days!) and there was alcohol around but the thought of drinking didn't cross my mind once, I can actually enjoy the food and just be present without worrying about the food slowing down the effect of the alcohol - how crazy were those thoughts I once had?! I remember on another occasion in my drinking when I would have to take those small convenient gin and tonic tins with me to a restaurant and drink them in the toilet cubicles as a top up to the social drinks at the table!!! Eating, one of the natural instincts of survival was getting in the way of my drinking!!!

Happy that times have changed, happy that Im sober, not so happy with the weather, but hey can't have it all can I?
Old 11-08-2015, 10:41 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  

London, great to see you back well and happy!
1 step, happy belated birthday, what a difference a yer makes- damn right! Well done my lovely!

Had a lovely day, found a new kayak drop spot, had a lovely long lunch at bella italia, and also paid my respects at the village abbey this morning -lest we forget- it was an emotional and proud service. Our boys and girls did good, the least we can do is live the lives we have, that is the final respect we can pay. Live your lives my friends!

Settling down for a movie - stonehearst asylum - as if I don't get enough madness at work! Bag of popcorn at the ready and a fat cat on my lap, and a glass of shloer to boot. Could today be any more perfect?

Love you guys so much xx

Anyone been to Costa Rica? I'm holiday browsing!
Old 11-08-2015, 05:15 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Just a quick check-in. I have been very busy; last week I drove to Boston three times and Providence once for doctor visits. I really enjoy meeting the people I have been driving in.

I have not ordered my vans yet, but I am going to.

Happy Birthday, 1Step - you sound wonderful.

Take care everyone; let's keep on keeping on.
Old 11-08-2015, 06:07 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy bday from me too 1step
Old 11-09-2015, 03:27 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Happy Monday from my lovely hotel room, coffee in hand!

1step, happy birthday my brotha!!! And congrats on the 5months dude!! Damn man, high five!

Scooter, you will totally rock the vans my friend! Which ones are you thinking? It will be so cool for this crew to have them and it will be our little secret sober power thing!

Gotta get jumpin, really nice gym downstairs and a freakin Starbucks in the lobby my friends! Thinking of you London!!

Hey pink, I have been to Costa Rica a couple of times. First time flew to San Jose and drove down to the southern coast, quite a drive and stunning. Last time I flew into Liberia as there is an airport there that most airlines fly to. I went there to be close to the surf spots in tamarindo. Anyway, beaches are just fab, parks are tropical and wild, monkeys on the beach in some like manual Antonio if memory serves. Canopy tours are fun as hell!! You can't go wrong girl!!

Have a great day guys, love to all, choobie, ultra, grateful and the gang!

"If you think you have got one hundred years to mess around, you are wrong. You time is now. Do it." Henry Rollins
Old 11-09-2015, 06:09 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday, 1step, and congrats on 20 weeks. Gifts abound in sobriety!

Old 11-09-2015, 11:37 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  

I'm having a terrible day! It all started so well with a 30 lap swim, then it went downhill. Today in no particular order, the following has happened to me:

Coffee spilt down top x 1
Coffee spilt down trouser x 2
Pen leaked in handbag x 1
Stubbed toe whilst on phone to patient and swore. Loudly x 1
3 x lots of cat vomit found. Stood in it x 1.
Cat tray needed changing x 1
Chicken for tea out of date x 1
Roast Potatoes burnt x 7
Ran out of diet coke. Major catastrophic event x 1
Tripped over cat x 1
Cried a little bit x 2
Job shortlist email x 0
Left towel at gym x 1.
Green Day songs screamed out at the top of my lungs x 6

Is it bed time yet?
Humph.
Old 11-09-2015, 01:54 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Determind, we are looking through the brochures now, thinking go booking for next December, it looks fab, and the canopy walks? Hell yeah that looks fantastic!
Old 11-09-2015, 02:17 PM
  # 271 (permalink)  

awesome, great work 1 step!!!

Originally Posted by 1stepup View Post
Howdy gang, all good here, had my 35th birthday on the 5th and then my youngest daughters the next day and had a lovely time on both, I spent my last birthday in hospital through drink so what a difference a year makes!

Think its 20weeks sobriety at midnight tonight for me or 140days! Isn't it a great feeling when the numbers get too big to count properly?! I know it'll be (God willing) 5months on the 22nd anyway, really noticing a difference in my calmness and more people are commenting on the positive changes in me which is encouraging.

Took my Grandmother out for a meal today for her birthday (that's 3 birthdays in 4 days!) and there was alcohol around but the thought of drinking didn't cross my mind once, I can actually enjoy the food and just be present without worrying about the food slowing down the effect of the alcohol - how crazy were those thoughts I once had?! I remember on another occasion in my drinking when I would have to take those small convenient gin and tonic tins with me to a restaurant and drink them in the toilet cubicles as a top up to the social drinks at the table!!! Eating, one of the natural instincts of survival was getting in the way of my drinking!!!

Happy that times have changed, happy that Im sober, not so happy with the weather, but hey can't have it all can I?
Old 11-09-2015, 02:22 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  

I was at a Patriots game yesterday with my son. Really great time.

Many, many drunk fans. One was staggering up the stairs before the game even started.

Let's stay strong!
Old 11-09-2015, 02:22 PM
  # 273 (permalink)  

I've been do'n well, lots of hunting in the mts, and getting ready for Xmas
I'm getting used to hanging with friends now, without really thinking "am I as fun as I used to be" which is nice, I just hang out now without overanalyzing things hhaha Most of my buds now don't drink much, so it's easier that way for sure
all the best everyone, and happy rememberence day!
Old 11-09-2015, 07:16 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  

1StepUp - Congrats, you are doing amazing...oh yeah!

Happy birthday too!

Old 11-11-2015, 01:25 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Hi Dry! Glad you stopped in! When I'm in a drinking situation these days, I don't think of myself too much. So much more comfortable!

Not much to say over here. I started my holiday shopping (well behind Pink!), and also picked up some new teas. They are painting the parking lines in the street in front of my home, and the sports arena (with bar) opens next week. I'm really hoping it turns out to be a positive thing. It could be!

Hope everyone is doing great!
Old 11-11-2015, 02:12 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Quick post, good to see you dry!
Hope you are all well, I'm good, just real busy, but thinking of you all xxx
Old 11-12-2015, 02:49 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Good morning gang!!

Feels great to be home in my own bed! How's it going dry! Great to see you man!

Business trips are so much better now, no desire at all this time to hit the hotel bar. Waking up ready to rock and roll is just priceless.

"We either make ourselves happy or miserable. The amount of work is the same." Carlos Castaneda.

Go get it!
Old 11-12-2015, 05:01 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Hi All!

Keep up the great work!
Old 11-13-2015, 04:12 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Happy Friday people!! Aaahhh yeah!

Took the day off, gonna go have some fun with my little man! Hope everyone is having a fabulous day and making plans to do something that makes you smile this weekend.

"If someone listens, or stretches out a hand, or whispers a kind word of encouragement, or attempts to understand a lonely person, extraordinary things begin to happen." Loretta giratlas

Laugh loud!
Old 11-13-2015, 11:29 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  

determind hope you had a fantastic crazy day with your little one! impromptu days off rock!

I just got an email - I got shortlisted for the job and have a interview on nov 24th. now im excited and terrified!!! woooooooooo!!

no other news here, im really cold, have dosed up with lempsip as I feel a cold on the horizon. im sitting watching masterchef and eating cookies. Nom nom nom!

have a great Friday evenin folks, what are your plans for the weekend? xxx